Michael: The REAL Story Behind The Album

Re: Michael - The Album Story

Thanks for this, Gaz. It's nice to know about how the album came together. I can't wait to get my hands on it!!!

I told all my relatives that I don't what this album, just in case any of them want to give it to me as a present.

It's sad but is the first in 25 years.
If itunes allows it I will download all less the Cascio "songs"

Just my opinion.

You say the same things over and over and over again. And the worst part: you're cynical. You just want to hurt the feelings of others and force your stupid ideas.

Go away. Nobody will miss you.

Oh, what a lovely person you are!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Why don't you leave if you can't respect the opinion of others?

To me, these statements are proof enough. If they're found to be lying, they're in a tight legal bind. I'm sure they wouldn't risk it.

PVC pipe....Hmmm. That explains the controversy. (?) Not quite, in my opinion.

Damien, please don't leave. You've been a voice of reason in all of this mess.

I would like to know WHO is the author of this article.

Okay, thanks for the informations. Me for myself support the Album, looking forward to it, have ordered it. This is not my problem. But to the sentence

Michael's legacy is in great hands, it's time for us
to come together and give our FULL support to Sony and The Estate for all they are doing.
I am not willingly to follow. NO! It is a fact I have to handle with but on my full support Sony has to abstain from.

This is from mjnewsalerts I would post the link but got told I'm not allowed by Gaz.

follow the money

You answer your own question

10 projects (only 7 left after Vision and Michael)

All sorts of poeple have all sorts of 'interest' in getting particular tracks onto a released album & there are more tracks around than there are albums contracted for.

Also, sales might be higher now for this album, than for future albums.
So...various, writers, producers, publishers, attorneys, agents,powerbrokers etc etc are fighting tooth and nail to get their 'horse' to the front of the race. Nothing more than that.

Same thing happens with most albums, only difference here is that this is a 'semi-public' battle.

If you want to understand why things are playing out the way they are ...follow the money

co sign

Arista.

And please do not generalize. You not following Milli Vanilli doesn't mean other people do not either. And we all know that if similar thing happens to Michael due to his popularity it will create more awareness and MJ fans - who already have a negative approach to Sony - will NEVER EVER forget it.

YOU. Wait till the album release and then sue them for consumer fraud.

do you know that it was one woman in Utah and one woman in California that sued Milli Vanilli and Arista and that it turned to a class action lawsuit?

All it takes a "fake" product and "one person" to sue.

My head is hurting and my heart is aching right now. Thanks for the info on the Milli Vanilli thing ivy. I was a kid and I remember reading about it here in India. Hardly anyone here knew them but I loved one of their songs a lot and when I heard about their fraud I was like "whhatt???!!"

Thanks, that was an interesting read, I was hoping for some kind of "behind the scenes" story.

Gaz;3111139 said:
The debut of “Breaking News,” one of three tracks on the album Michael recorded in the New Jersey home of the Cascio family, led some to cast doubt on the “authenticity” of these songs. This triggered no shortage of bizarre theories by people seeking attention and those claiming to have knowledge of a vast conspiracy. One London tabloid printed a claim by a Michael impersonator from Italy armed with these “facts”: He thinks he may have recorded tracks in secret in a studio in Switzerland “after being approached by a man, whom he thinks was from Bahrain, to record the studio sessions, and paid 2000 Euros per track.”

Thank God I don't read tabloids. This actually happened (the tabloid printing the story, not the story itself)? This story has it all, Italy, Bahrain, something secretive going on in Switzerland ... and I guess he might have been drugged too? Because "he thinks he may have recorded tracks", isn't that something you'd know, unless, of course, you weren't all there? :doh:

So, they are now resorting to a cute "sang through PVC pipe that's why it doesn't sound like Michael" story...?

I wish people would actually read a post before replying to it:

5. Monster (Featuring 50 Cent)

Written by Michael Jackson, Eddie Cascio, James Porte/Rap Lyrics Written by Curtis Jackson

Produced by Teddy Riley, Angelikson, Michael Jackson

Recorded in New Jersey in 2007 at the Cascio home, Michael actually recorded some of his background vocals through a PVC pipe for the song. The song also features the rap of 50 Cent, who Michael had contacted about the collaboration. Monster was written by Michael Jackson, Eddie Cascio and James Porte with Rap Lyrics Written by Curtis Jackson. It was produced by Teddy Riley, Angelikson and Michael Jackson.

Background vocals - not lead vocals. For this song - not for all Cascio songs. So no, that's not in there to explain why some people think the lead vocals in all Cascio songs are fake.

Thank u for sharing Gaz.

I think it's incredibly sad how any thread about this album turns into a fight sooner or later.
As far as I know, we all rely on our feelings/ears to make an opinion on these songs. Those who think they're fake dont have material proof, and neither do the others. That's why the convos dont go anywhere. To me, a statement is no proof of anything, it's just a text. And I PERSONNALLY havent seen anything that proves either point). We just frantically browse the internet, stalking people who could give us something unquestionable. And they all contradict each other.

As someone said earlier on this thread (dont remember who, sorry:cheeky:), in the end, we have the same goal, we all want to be true to Mike, and protect his work. So there should be no name calling, or agressivity here. Just information sharing, to find the truth, and proof of it. Period.
Those who want to buy the album, go ahead and enjoy; those who dont, do as your heart tells you.

And thanks for the hate and attacks emails. "Again"

I dont who these are coming from, AGAIN, but seriously, it's ridiculous and despicable. So much for knowing what Michael stood for...
Sorry you have to go thru this crap again, Gaz.

Ouch! It's criminal with what you have to put up with from the haters, Gaz! I hope it calms down eventually.

Back