Sony Legacy posts an interesting tweet..........

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
What's to make out of this?? This is supposedly an unreleased song featuring Whitney Huston
2ufd6kx.jpg

WHAAAAT, I thought they never made a duet because Whitney didn't accept Michael's offer to sing IJCSLY with him. Probably her Estate asked his estate as a favor since they haven't released much, if true. I wonder if it's a real or fabricated duet.

WHAAAAT, I thought they never made a duet because Whitney didn't accept Michael's offer to sing IJCSLY with him. Probably her Estate asked his estate as a favor since they haven't released much, if true. I wonder if it's a real or fabricated duet.

Yeah! It kinda came out of the blue. Here's hoping that this is legit and for a potential release !

Anyone confirm if "Days of a Broken Heart" is an MJ/Whitney unreleased track? No way would this happen.. It's gotta be wrong?

Anyone confirm if "Days of a Broken Heart" is an MJ/Whitney unreleased track? No way would this happen.. It's gotta be wrong?

this song has been rumored for years to have been recorded by Mj and Whitney around 2006-2008. But I guess it hasn't been officially confirmed yet.

I've heard rumors this song was to be released in 2010 on MICHAEL.

This would break the internet, I think. Whitney and MJ?!

My guess is someone there heard the song, liked it and took the liberty to tweet about it. I wouldn't take it as a sign of anything. Sony's PR machine isn't sensitive enough to make this subtle announcements.

Oh I hope so , it would be welcomed so much 🙋🏽🙆🏼🙅💁🏾

Never heard about this song before! If it does truly exist, I'd love to hear it!

Wait! There is a MJ-Whitney duet? Oh, now it gets me excited.

I wish that they could use something like this as a charity fundraising single for children. (So many children in Nepal [earthquake] and west Africa [ebola orphans] need help, not to mention ongoing humanitarian needs elsewhere).
I guess the MJ Estate can't while it is still in probate...?

Last edited:
If this exists, i hope it's in a listenable state (vocal wise). Considering how Michael usually worked, it might all be very raw.

If this exists, i hope it's in a listenable state (vocal wise). Considering how Michael usually worked, it might all be very raw.
If that was the case I imagine the estate won't release a track in that form globally.

Yeah, honestly I wish Michael didn't record this way.

in a way which leaves a bunch of songs with incomplete vocals

Well, those songs were in the process of making. They were not meant for release in that state. If Michael did not have this way to record songs, but would have only recorded complete vocals and songs we might have less songs recorded than we do this way.

Well, those songs were in the process of making. They were not meant for release in that state. If Michael did not have this way to record songs, but would have only recorded complete vocals and songs we might have less songs recorded than we do this way.

im not saying I don't like it im assuming thats what historic means. whilst less songs maybe recorded i wonder how many even have the scattering that in the back has because shut and dance according to vogel doesnt even have that.

Songs do not magically appear in a complete state, it's a process. Something would naturally be unfinished. The only way for him to work differently would be to record someone else's material, but thankfully, he was a composer, not just a performer :)

To me and many other fans, even his ad-libbing through a first demo is listenable. Take "People of the World" as an example of an amazing demo. Whether it's releasable for the general public is another question.

Obviously I get that songs that are lyrically unfinished will have gaps where Michael hums and the like (and in that case it's allgood), but wasn't it common for Michael to not even properly sing songs so you couldn't understand what he's singing, despite written lyrics, until the very end of the song production process? I might be wrong so feel free to correct me...

Take "People of the World" as an example of an amazing demo. Whether it's releasable for the general public is another question.

If they have a decent take of Michael singing chorus, they could totally get some of the best artists today after, say, a huge disaster to write and record the rest of the song using Michael's vocals for the both the chorus and the basis of the song. It would be some sort of 2010s version of We Are The World, using previously unreleased Michael's vocals.

Michael would looove something like that! Especially if it did well for the affected areas financially. I mean in reality that'll almost certainly never happen but hey, it'd be cool.

If that was the case I imagine the estate won't release a track in that form globally.

Well, with THIS estate I wouldn't count on that.

One reason for it to be held back previously could also be that they kept it for that "duets" album, that was rumored to be one of the next releases.

Snow White luvs Peter Pan;4091083 said:
WHAAAAT, I thought they never made a duet because Whitney didn't accept Michael's offer to sing IJCSLY with him.

That (rumored) duet could have been recorded before that…

Last edited:
Back