Sony Legacy posts an interesting tweet..........

Obviously I get that songs that are lyrically unfinished will have gaps where Michael hums and the like (and in that case it's allgood), but wasn't it common for Michael to not even properly sing songs so you couldn't understand what he's singing, despite written lyrics, until the very end of the song production process? I might be wrong so feel free to correct me...
Yeah, it seems like he generally saved vocals until the end. If we're lucky there is maybe a rough first and maybe second verse and a chorus (like Hollywood Tonight), or indeed humming (like In The Back or People of the World), but I'm pretty sure there are also several tracks with simply no vocals (like Shut Up and Dance).

I do understand what you mean. Some artists record vocals very early during the recording process, some songwriters write the lyrics before they write the music. Michael just preferred it the other way around. It is what it is. I am very interested to hear the strictly instrumental ideas that he worked on, but of course it would have been awesome if those had vocals too.

I don't want to be a buzz kill but I doubt a single will come out of this random exchange with some fan so unless they're going to release a statement this tweet from Sony is a bit irresponsible.

I am very interested to hear the strictly instrumental ideas that he worked on, but of course it would have been awesome if those had vocals too.

Thanks and yeah same! I've heard so much praise about Shut Up and Dance that I'd honestly be fine with its release on an album. They might have to add "(Dance mix)" on the end or something to indicate it's merely an instrumental but hey, at least we'd get to hear it :D

I have never heard of this duet before...

Hope it's true. - And hope we will get to hear it one day..

Obviously I get that songs that are lyrically unfinished will have gaps where Michael hums and the like (and in that case it's allgood), but wasn't it common for Michael to not even properly sing songs so you couldn't understand what he's singing, despite written lyrics, until the very end of the song production process? I might be wrong so feel free to correct me...

Love is a doughnut ;)

"She told me I was a lonely man and I felt sad. And I sit, in a cup, in a ride." Haha. I haven't seen that in SO long. Bear. Bear. Bear.

^ So, if Michael had a different way of making music we would not have these gems. Bob Dylan, eat your heart out.

Anyone got a screen cap? I've heard about this song for years and if they did tweet about it... Maybe it will come with the other tracks from 04-09 in 2017 maybe?

mj_frenzy;4091268 said:
That (rumored) duet could have been recorded before that…

Days Of The Broken Hearted was reportedly recorded in 2007 in Michael's studio in Las Vegas.

MJ was really putting in work in that period

RedOne sessions
Akon Sessions
Will.I.Am Sessions

I'm dying to hear what he recorded in that period.

Days Of The Broken Hearted was reportedly recorded in 2007 in Michael's studio in Las Vegas.

RedOne sessions
Akon Sessions
Will.I.Am Sessions

Don't forget the Cascio sessions.:big_boss:

Don't forget the Cascio sessions.:big_boss:

Hehe oh yeah, the infamous Cascio sessions....

And to add on top of that he looked fricking amazing during that time

Uomo-Vogue-2007-photoshoot-michael-jackson-35593442-1000-1480.jpg

And to add on top of that he looked fricking amazing during that time

God, he did. I remember when I saw the Vibe spread. I was so happy. "He looks so good. He looks so healthy and content!" Even without the photoshopping/editing, he genuinely just looked good. . I was so, so happy to see he was doing well after the trial. It made my heart happy :)

Themidwestcowboy;4091325 said:

RedOne sessions
Akon Sessions
Will.I.Am Sessions

I do not have doubts about his work in 2007.

But, I am afraid that anything will surface (officially or not) from that period, it will be a modified, modernized version of the original track.

That’s why, I am not really keen on that specific period (although I can understand your enthusiasm).

I acually was talking to ****** ******* about how much MJ made with actual vocals post trial (hes writing a book on it with loads of exclusive sources) and the amount is so little that i wish i never asked. its just 90% instrumentals basically.

he also said that was little completed which makes me wonder about redones claim of putting a whole album together if the estate donated to charity

I remember when I saw the Vibe spread. I was so happy. "He looks so good. He looks so healthy and content!" Even without the photoshopping/editing, he genuinely just looked good. . I was so, so happy to see he was doing well after the trial. It made my heart happy :)

Wait, what Vibe are you talking about? I thought his last Vibe cover was in 2002?

I acually was talking to ****** ******* about how much MJ made with actual vocals post trial (hes writing a book on it with loads of exclusive sources) and the amount is so little that i wish i never asked. its just 90% instrumentals basically.

he also said that was little completed which makes me wonder about redones claim of putting a whole album together if the estate donated to charity

That would be too Bad. But I still think all the neff-u, Michael Prince, will.I.am, RedOne tracks and maybe some selfpenned gem would be enough to make up a full solo album.
But who knows,maybe they will do the duets album next by using the more incomplete Songs, and as a bonus All in your Name, Days of the broken hearted (if it exists), Hot Fun would probably also be included.

While I fully trust ******, I'm not taking his word as law on this one. He's spoken to MDP and Brad Buxer, but as far as I'm aware, he has NOT spoken to Will.i.am, Neff-U or anyone else Michael was working with at length in the final few years of his life.

RedOne never said a whole album could be made - he said he had a few songs that could be thrown together for an album.

WHAAAAT, I thought they never made a duet because Whitney didn't accept Michael's offer to sing IJCSLY with him. Probably her Estate asked his estate as a favor since they haven't released much, if true. I wonder if it's a real or fabricated duet.

She didn't turn him down. Arista Records wouldn't let her do it. That's why Jermaine sings with her on a couple of her songs instead.

I'm sorry for necrobumping this thread but does anyone what happened to this book? Although Damien has been answering questions about the songs from MJ's final years I can tell that he's been holding back stuff and I wonder if it's because he's still planning to do something with the info he has. Is he still writing the book even after all these years?

I'm sorry for necrobumping this thread but does anyone what happened to this book? Although Damien has been answering questions about the songs from MJ's final years I can tell that he's been holding back stuff and I wonder if it's because he's still planning to do something with the info he has. Is he still writing the book even after all these years?
It seems like Damien wouldn’t share any of this info if fans didn’t ask. His book seems to have been shelved in favor of a podcast about the Cascio tracks. Wee.

It seems like Damien wouldn’t share any of this info if fans didn’t ask. His book seems to have been shelved in favor of a podcast about the Cascio tracks. Wee.
And even then he's selective with the answers, he gives the lyrics of one song but he doesn't exactly say how the song sounds like and vice versa, he only says how complete the song is or he ends up not answering at all. He should put all the info he has on his website so we don't have to keep asking him on his Twitter. The fan community could really benefit with the info he has.

Back