$30 Billion!! ...a 2Dec08 article says that Sony/ATV was recently valued at $30 bil

He don't have to be mad, but man, he is probably kicking himself EVERY DAY, for letting his songs slip through his fingers, because he was unwilling to open up his purse strings. LOL!

Paul McCarthney is a VERY VERY frugal guy,,,,

and yes.. he is kicking himself..becuz the little skinny kids that loves to sing and dance... that he gave a little advice to .... use that advice to the fulliest...

that catalog was selling at must less than Michael paid for it......Michael took the bid up to $47mil to make sure he got the deal..................................so you think if Paul McCartney really fought for his own catalog he would have probably gotten it for less than Michael paid...

Paul and his advisers .............were not thinking...

Last edited:
IS so annoying to see that MJ is the rich one and the one who actually told the thrut, while he is described as broke and as a lier, when Macca is the one who lied for such a long time and the one who lost the money.

IS so annoying to see that MJ is the rich one and the one who actually told the thrut, while he is described as broke and as a lier, when Macca is the one who lied for such a long time and the one who lost the money.

great point.. the irony of it all...

someone years ago thru the media set the agenda of who is the hero and who is the villain...in tis whole Beatles catalog saga...

i trust we'd find that to be true about a lot of things MJ says.

Right on anyway!!!! That is the wole truth right there!

This is why they say sell! sell! sell! and never recertify he sales numbers.

I've always thought that MJ was worth a lot more than we know of.

He has always kept his economi very private.

I don't believe he needs anything!

I think 3 billion is more accurate

I never heard of a saying like 30 billion, beyond my imagination.

I think 3 billion is more accurate

I never heard of a saying like 30 billion, beyond my imagination.
Actually, T-Mez hinted at 9 billion in court, and I believe he was being economical. Also, Rick James said it was worth up to 9 billion. I believe that the media deliberately play down the value because it fits there agenda. Sony was trying to steal it from Mj, it must have worth a fortune.
I don't think it is a mistake.:D

RO: The Beatles made many bad business decisions that even a struggling band today would never make. Do you think it's because many of these areas for bands - publishing, merchandising - were relatively new at the time?

^^You folks have no clue what bad decisions todays groups (managers) made. The mistakes of the Beatles are not as much published, probably many stars never heard about it. They would agree in contracts it's hard to believe someone mental would do it.

No, no; this is all wrong. Didn't you all hear? MJ is completely broke. Dirt poor. I read it in the papers, and on the net. I heard it on tv too, so it must be true...

:lol:

So when it comes time the songs rights revert back to paul mcca, does Sony/MJ need to pay the price Paul asked for to retain the rights?

$30 billion :blink: :mello: I can't even comprehend that sum :ph34r: :lol:

Great find, Rasta! And great news :yes:

Paul McCarthney is a VERY VERY frugal guy,,,,

and yes.. he is kicking himself..becuz the little skinny kids that loves to sing and dance... that he gave a little advice to .... use that advice to the fulliest...

that catalog was selling at must less than Michael paid for it......Michael took the bid up to $47mil to make sure he got the deal..................................so you think if Paul McCartney really fought for his own catalog he would have probably gotten it for less than Michael paid...

Paul and his advisers .............were not thinking...

I remember when I read about this on Taraborelli's book....and whats interesting about Paul being cheap and not wanting to buy it all is that, at that time, he was the most well-paid artist....so I guess he had no reason to be so cheap at all....
I think he even wanted to pay half and have Yoko Ono pay the other half, but she wanted no part on it. So Michael was smarter and bought it....
I get so angry when some people say Michael "stole" the rights from Paul....as if he didnt pay for them fairly, he just took it and ran! :doh: lol

it's 30. no typo. :)

how do you know its not typo?

did you interview the author yourself?

Remember what T-Mez has said of the value in court back in 2005?

The asset can't make a jump like this and the world economy is in recession now.

30b is not realistic and you will never hear a similar figure from anywhere except in this one and only article.

No, no; this is all wrong. Didn't you all hear? MJ is completely broke. Dirt poor. I read it in the papers, and on the net. I heard it on tv too, so it must be true...

:lol:

I know what you mean, i hear he was last spotted at a homeless soup kitchen lol

Actually, the value of catalogue has gone up as sales of records decline. Also, T-Mez was not telling the cort about the value of Mj's catalogue, he probably didn't know the true value himself.
I am not surprised that Mj fans should want to downplay Mj's worth, it never stops.

how do you know its not typo?

did you interview the author yourself?

Remember what T-Mez has said of the value in court back in 2005?

The asset can't make a jump like this and the world economy is in recession now.

30b is not realistic and you will never hear a similar figure from anywhere except in this one and only article.

It's quite realistic, since the trial the catalogue has exploded in value due to the continual acquisition of other valuable catalogs including expanding it's vast holdings of Elvis Presley's songs for example there were tons more bought since the trial. The reason people will never know Michael's true worth is because he unlike other stars doesn't go through the process of divulging all of his assets to such magazines like Forbes or Fortune to be included on their rich lists. Bottom line people don't sue people who are broke and then the supposed broke person Michael in this case generally is able to settle the debts and lawsuits.

Rasta, awesome find. Thank you for posting this.

The last time Sony/ATV, which owns Northern Songs, was valued, it was said to be worth $30 billion!

That is very niiiiiiice. :)

if true, then very very nice.

If it's only $3 billion then he is still very very rich!

Back