$30 Billion!! ...a 2Dec08 article says that Sony/ATV was recently valued at $30 bil

Here is the rest of the document:
Hoover's Company Records - In-depth Records - December 16, 2008

Thanks for posting MsMo.

Dang, reading that article gave me goosebumps, when you stop and REALLY think about what MJ owns and how much he owns. It's mind-boggling to say the least.

One half is Sony, a giant corporation and the other half is a person named Michael Jackson! I'm not even talking about MJ the artist, that is breath taking all by itself and then you have MJ the businessman and that TOO is breath taking.

thanks for posting.......

while the world is debating his sanity becuz of a outfit and disguise........Michael is surely rebuilding his empire and capitalizing on his investments s .... without the haters and detractors be none the wiser...

the meaness of the media does hurt but on the other hand... it gives him a cover to conduct his business..
he is a regular Dr Jekyll and Mr Hide.............

jekyll and hyde is a good description
*as i listen to another atv loop, bringing in a sports talk radio segment, as i have been, everyday, this week*

Thanks for posting MsMo.

Dang, reading that article gave me goosebumps, when you stop and REALLY think about what MJ owns and how much he owns. It's mind-boggling to say the least.

One half is Sony, a giant corporation and the other half is a person named Michael Jackson! I'm not even talking about MJ the artist, that is breath taking all by itself and then you have MJ the businessman and that TOO is breath taking.

yes it is.

*as i listen to a sportswoman getting her birthday celebrated on the radio by a loop of 'today it's your birthday, by THE BEATLES..over and over after every commercial*

lol..i worked in a hotel owned by Gaylord. when i heard that Michael bought that country catalogue from him, i was like...WOW. lol

Last edited:
Thanks for posting MsMo.

Indeed! MJ is soo gangsta:punk:

I'm soo tired of those articles grasping at strings when they say ..."amid financial troubles" pff!! I mean what the hell?? We're talking about million dollar mergers of corporations with Michael Jackson (one man) and they still insult the reader by inserting almost irrelevant commentary. It makes no sense, MJs company is merging and buying up sh*t worth six zeros and these articles at the same time try to belittle his financial status. They must think people are stupid, constantly asking if he is bankrupt, putting his late payments on blast (which always end up being paid), snide remarks about financial trouble and ruin. I'm just SICK of the BULLSH*T! STOP TRYING TO PLAY ME! I'm not stupid!!!

You know i think they only say all this dumbness so they can get MJ to speak about his $$ or his team, because in reality they(media) don't know a damn thing. and I am glad for that, yet annoyed because as you said BigApple it is breath taking when you stop and think about what MJ has. So I'm gonna think..Michael Jackson is not just a rich celeb, he is wealthy. He has invested very wisely and kept things fairly private. Think about what MJs children will have, MJs family? ya know. Then I think about other families in the biz and there are very few in good shape...the Spellings, the Osmonds....but still members of those families have to do weigh loss commercials and reality tv and dancing with the stars to make that big money. I know Jermaine did BB and just recently "the Jacksons are coming" but all this time , all these years and still the Jackson family is just... on point! The biz eats people alive especially families. How many times you seen a Jackson running around on a reality show? IMO no one in MJs family has to ever ride the family name on a tv show or commercial to make $$, Michael has made sure him and his own are set for life. His family can do what they wish, art, music, accounting, whatever they desire and not feel pressured into the biz to maintain their well off lifestyle. And I feel many understand this and are envious. I have a lot of respect for MJ business man and it has grown because of my attempt to understand the business side of MJ, much thanks to Rasta Pasta and others who give MJ the biz ness man updates. Michael knew a long time ago the plight of many music familys because of poor financial choices and bad business investments. Michael has seen it, and I believe he had the forethought to make key investments so the future of his family wouldn't end up another music tragedy. And now look...look at what he has provided for his children, his nieces and nephews, his cousins, grandchildren. I hope the future generations of Jackson will honor and understand what Michael has given to them, and not take it for granted.

LOL I have ranted, but I hope this is understandable.:)

2006_Sony_ATV_logo_small.jpg

JELC scoops Sony/ATV deal

Samantha Loveday Oct 8 2008, 9:40pm

Firm will now represent licensing rights for lyrics to famous songs.
Sony/ATV has revealed that busy Jane Evans Licensing Consultancy will represent its licensing rights for the lyrics for the songs of a number of famous artists.

The Sony/ATV catalogue includes the words to successful numbers from artists including Lennon and McCartney, Grease and Bob Dylan among others. Indeed, the catalogue extends to over 700,000 songs.

Janice Brock, Sony/ATV senior VP UK operations, said: "We are very pleased to be partnering with Jane Evans Licensing and are confident that, with their network of contacts and European experience, the Sony/ATV licensing programme will soon expand in both the UK and overseas."

http://www.licensing.biz/news/2006/JELC-scoops-SonyATV-deal

Indeed! MJ is soo gangsta:punk:

I'm soo tired of those articles grasping at strings when they say ..."amid financial troubles" pff!! I mean what the hell?? We're talking about million dollar mergers of corporations with Michael Jackson (one man) and they still insult the reader by inserting almost irrelevant commentary. It makes no sense, MJs company is merging and buying up sh*t worth six zeros and these articles at the same time try to belittle his financial status. They must think people are stupid, constantly asking if he is bankrupt, putting his late payments on blast (which always end up being paid), snide remarks about financial trouble and ruin. I'm just SICK of the BULLSH*T! STOP TRYING TO PLAY ME! I'm not stupid!!!

You know i think they only say all this dumbness so they can get MJ to speak about his $$ or his team, because in reality they(media) don't know a damn thing. and I am glad for that, yet annoyed because as you said BigApple it is breath taking when you stop and think about what MJ has. So I'm gonna think..Michael Jackson is not just a rich celeb, he is wealthy. He has invested very wisely and kept things fairly private. Think about what MJs children will have, MJs family? ya know. Then I think about other families in the biz and there are very few in good shape...the Spellings, the Osmonds....but still members of those families have to do weigh loss commercials and reality tv and dancing with the stars to make that big money. I know Jermaine did BB and just recently "the Jacksons are coming" but all this time , all these years and still the Jackson family is just... on point! The biz eats people alive especially families. How many times you seen a Jackson running around on a reality show? IMO no one in MJs family has to ever ride the family name on a tv show or commercial to make $$, Michael has made sure him and his own are set for life. His family can do what they wish, art, music, accounting, whatever they desire and not feel pressured into the biz to maintain their well off lifestyle. And I feel many understand this and are envious. I have a lot of respect for MJ business man and it has grown because of my attempt to understand the business side of MJ, much thanks to Rasta Pasta and others who give MJ the biz ness man updates. Michael knew a long time ago the plight of many music familys because of poor financial choices and bad business investments. Michael has seen it, and I believe he had the forethought to make key investments so the future of his family wouldn't end up another music tragedy. And now look...look at what he has provided for his children, his nieces and nephews, his cousins, grandchildren. I hope the future generations of Jackson will honor and understand what Michael has given to them, and not take it for granted.

LOL I have ranted, but I hope this is understandable.:)

well, the part that you wrote about the media treating the fans like they are stupid, i wish you would post as a sticky so all fans can get mad at the media..lol.

FlashDetection.handleEmbedCode("e83f538f-857c-477f-a65a-fb55d5405a5b", '\x3cembed src\x3d\x22http\x3a\x2f\x2fwww.youtube.com\x2fv\x2fkPCCTIsXjrs\x26amp\x3bhl\x3den\x26amp\x3bfs\x3d1\x26amp\x3bborder\x3d1\x22 type\x3d\x22application\x2fx-shockwave-flash\x22 width\x3d455 height\x3d284 pluginspage\x3d\x22http\x3a\x2f\x2fwww.macromedia.com\x2fgo\x2fgetflashplayer\x22 allowscriptaccess\x3dnever allownetworking\x3dinternal\x3e');​

The X Factor winner Alexandra Burke's first single, a version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah, is the fastest-selling download ever across Europe despite only being available since yesterday. The hefty download sale has already put Burke at the top of internet sales charts, including iTunes and HMV.com, with the CD version of the single not out until Wednesday.

FlashDetection.handleEmbedCode("d45bc632-a4d9-43db-88b7-eb6e2362ba69", '\x3cembed wmode\x3dopaque src\x3d\x22http\x3a\x2f\x2fwww.youtube.com\x2fv\x2f5krnmnUUIUU\x26amp\x3bhl\x3den\x26amp\x3bfs\x3d1\x26amp\x3brel\x3d0\x26amp\x3bborder\x3d1\x22 type\x3d\x22application\x2fx-shockwave-flash\x22 width\x3d445 height\x3d284 pluginspage\x3d\x22http\x3a\x2f\x2fwww.macromedia.com\x2fgo\x2fgetflashplayer\x22 allowscriptaccess\x3dnever allownetworking\x3dinternal\x3e');​

160x120_starsnaps_leonardcohen.jpg

Leonard Cohen will receive £1 million in royalties for the use of his song 'Hallelujah' as this year's X Factor winner's single. The track was performed three times in Saturday's live finale. The ITV1 show’s three finalists have each recorded their own version of the song, which is expected to become the Christmas No 1, selling one million CDs and downloads.

The biblical epic, composed in 1984, has survived more than a hundred interpretations from artists including Bob Dylan, k. d. lang and Rufus Wainwright.

Sony/ATV chief executive Marty Bandier told The Times that commercial use of the song usually comes with a large price tag. "We get a host of requests from films and television to use it, but 'Hallelujah' is recognised as one of the greatest songs ever, so it demands a high fee," he said.

I don't know who this girl is and I generally HATE these Idol type shows, but this girl can sing her ass off.

Absolutely stunning.

Why was she crying? Did she just win or something?

Thanks for posting MsMo.

U R welcome!

Mello said:
I don't know who this girl is and I generally HATE these Idol type shows, but this girl can sing her ass off.

Absolutely stunning.

Why was she crying? Did she just win or something?

Yes, she did...that was the finale.:)

pixel-vfl73.gif

Alexandraofficialuk

Back