A Decade of Vindication (how the news broke).. Let's come together to remember June 13th 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Media Behaving Badly: How The Media Misled You About Michael Jackson

(To download/buy the full documentary "The Trials of Michael Jackson" by Dana Gedrick and Barry Shaw, please follow this link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...2&tag=offidebokune-20&linkId=COF4SL55KDX6HZEJ)

Obama disrespected Michael Jackson?

He did not say he was guilty. Obama is a known and proven coward . Don't expect him to "expose" his back by standing for MJ. Keep in mind that at the time he was not sure how the Americans would react to MJ's death. I believe he did not believe they would be as moved as they were by his death. He did not hesitate to comment on Robin Williams death . It was "safe" to comment on Williams' death unlike MJ.

He did not say he was guilty. Obama is a known and proven coward . Don't expect him to "expose" his back by standing for MJ. Keep in mind that at the time he was not sure how the Americans would react to MJ's death. I believe he did not believe they would be as moved as they were by his death. He did not hesitate to comment on Robin Williams death . It was "safe" to comment on Williams' death unlike MJ.
I was disappointed with Obama's remarks at the time, don't really agree with the "coward" statement. He is an attorney andt at that time he was very politically correct. I do agree that he did not know how we would react to Michael's death, and I'm sure he was as taken aback by the outpouring of grief as I was. All you heard for years and years and years were hateful, degrading, horrible things-from both black and white people.

However, since that time Obama has seemed to lose his political correctness-especially lately with the civil rights fight coming back to the forefront again-and he's not always saying the right thing, it seems.I wish he'd be even more forceful, but I guess you do whatever your financial backers want you to do in politics these days-not what the people want. The country seems to be in a racial mess-just like 92 and 68 again.

Last edited:
I was disappointed with Obama's remarks at the time, don't really agree with the "coward" statement. He is an attorney andt at that time he was very politically correct. I do agree that he did not know how we would react to Michael's death, and I'm sure he was as taken aback by the outpouring of grief as I was. All you heard for years and years and years were hateful, degrading, horrible things-from both black and white people.

He did not say he was guilty.

The writing that was edited into the clip of President Obama is TOTALLY inaccurate and looked politically motivated to me (i.e., trying to get MJ fans not to vote for Obama based on things Obama never even said). After describing MJ as undoubtedly as one of "the greatest entertainers of our generation and perhaps ANY generation" who became a "core part of our culture" and acknowledging MJ's "extraordinary talent and music," Obama NEVER even mentioned ANYTHING about the trial or the associated allegations, let alone anything about supposed guilt, as the editor of the video claimed. Obama simply said that MJ's personal life included a "big dose" of "difficulty" and "tragedy." Those words sounded sympathetic rather than accusatory, so I interpreted them primarily as an acknowledgement of MJ's well-known abuse by Joe and the wall-to-wall TV coverage of the drug use that his family, their associates (e.g., Brian Oxman) and every MJ-connected attention seeker at the time insisted was the cause of his tragic death. In one of the earlier on-camera interviews Obama did about MJ before this particular interview, he acknowledged how great his music was and how he still had all of it on his IPOD and said he was glad MJ was being remembered for the joy he brought the world through his extraordinary gifts as entertainer.

Last edited:
The writing that was edited into the clip of President Obama is TOTALLY inaccurate and looked politically motivated to me (i.e., trying to get MJ fans not to vote for Obama based on things Obama never even said). After describing MJ as undoubtedly as one of "the greatest entertainers of our generation and perhaps ANY generation" who became a "core part of our culture" and acknowledging MJ's "extraordinary talent and music," Obama NEVER even mentioned ANYTHING about the trial or the associated allegations, let alone anything about supposed guilt, as the editor of the video claimed. Obama simply said that MJ's personal life included a "big dose" of "difficulty" and "tragedy." Those words sounded sympathetic rather than accusatory, so I interpreted them primarily as an acknowledgement of MJ's well-known abuse by Joe and the wall-to-wall TV coverage of the drug use that his family, their associates (e.g., Brian Oxman) and every MJ-connected attention seeker at the time insisted was the cause of his tragic death. In one of the earlier on-camera comments Obama made about MJ before this particular interview, he acknowledged how great his music was and how he still had all of it on his IPOD and said he was glad MJ was being remembered for the joy he brought the world through his extraordinary gifts as entertainer.
GREAT POST! I remember the interview about the Ipod too, and thought maybe it was cut from this one, since the poster took the liberty to write all over claiming that Obama said Michael was guilty.
And of course, that makes us think by tragedy, he's talking about the allegations. There was a lot of tragedy in Michael's life and he suffered, and that's part of the whole story-and yes, Obama was right to mention that the way he did. Believe it or not, I think I had blocked all that "drug" talk at that time out of my mind, but you are right-that was all anyone was talking about then. And Obama is definitely not accusatory at all-very sympathetic.

At the time, I think I just wanted him to really sing Michael's praises exuberantly (because I really do think Michael was instrumental in the US electing him president)and it was a little subdued-but he said the right thing.

I have read the comment that Obama thought Michael was guilty on different comment boards on news aggregates and I try to knock it down when I can. I wonder if this video is a source for that. Sad.

Last edited:
barbee0715;4095562 said:
GREAT POST! I remember the interview about the Ipod too, and thought maybe it was cut from this one, since the poster took the liberty to write all over claiming that Obama said Michael was guilty.
And of course, that makes us think by tragedy, he's talking about the allegations. There was a lot of tragedy in Michael's life and he suffered, and that's part of the whole story-and yes, Obama was right to mention that the way he did. Believe it or not, I think I had blocked all that "drug" talk at that time out of my mind, but you are right-that was all anyone was talking about then. And Obama is definitely not accusatory at all-very sympathetic.

At the time, I think I just wanted him to really sing Michael's praises exuberantly (because I really do think Michael was instrumental in the US electing him president)and it was a little subdued-but he said the right thing.

I have read the comment that Obama thought Michael was guilty on different comment boards on news aggregates and I try to knock it down when I can. I wonder if this video is a source for that. Sad.

Wow - I bet this probably politically motivated doctoring of this video clip of Obama is the basis for the "guilty" talk. I had no idea people believed that. With Pres Obama's high praises of MJ's music, going as far to say he still had all his stuff on his IPOD, acknowledging his cultural impact, and pretty much saying he was the greatest entertainer of this generation and probably all the other generations, I had no further expectations for what Pres Obama said. I'm not sure what higher praise Pres Obama could have given, because I don't think he ever even met MJ. If I expected more exuberant or personal praises from a President, if would have been former President Bill Clinton, who knew MJ personally and was even pictured holding MJ's kids. MJ headlined at one of Clinton's inaugural events (daughter Chelsea looked mesmerized) and graciously came to the financial rescue of the Democratic Party by performing at a fundraiser in NY when Clinton was President. Clinton acknowledged this saying "He basically helped save my party from terrible financial distress, so he was very kind to me personally,” Clinton said during a stop on his tour of a still-struggling northern Haiti. “He was an immensely gifted man and I think he basically meant well,” Clinton told The Associated Press. “I know about all the trouble he had in his life and I hope he will be remembered for his contribution as an artist. I hope his children turn out well. That would be the greatest tribute you could have.” What Clinton said was fine, but it felt a bit lukewarm to me from someone who knew MJ as an entertainer and personally as a man and father who had helped him politically during his Presidency. It also felt like Obama much more strongly endorsed MJ's artistry and his place in history and culture at the top of the hierarchy of the greatest entertainers than Clinton did by just saying MJ was "immensely gifted."

You forgot one very important thing. He did not volunteer to say one word when MJ died. His staff discussed with him releasing a statement HE REFUSED. If it was about drugs , why did he release a statement in memory of Robin Williams minutes after his death ? The press had to ask him to get a response from him to MJ's death. I do not believe he believed MJ was guilty, but he has always been desperate to be acceptable by to the majority of the Americans and he felt praising MJ was not worth the risk.

DC10, thank you. President Obama also sent a personal letter to the Jacksons.

We can all speculate on which particular events were described as "tragic" and "difficult" however; the events themselves cannot be denied. I would also state that this man had many years studying law and experiences in the political sector. He is quite accustomed to choosing his words carefully and when to say them. He means Michael no ill will and I have no clue why this YT clip creator prefers to suggest otherwise. Every American did not detest Michael as many news clips have proven.

You forgot one very important thing. He did not volunteer to say one word when MJ died. His staff discussed with him releasing a statement HE REFUSED. If it was about drugs , why did he release a statement in memory of Robin Williams minutes after his death ? The press had to ask him to get a response from him to MJ's death. I do not believe he believed MJ was guilty, but he has always been desperate to be acceptable by to the majority of the Americans and he felt praising MJ was not worth the risk.

Given the 2009 financial crisis, 2 wars, and other national and international issues that Pres Obama had inherited and was responsible for dealing with as a new President only in the first few months of his Presidency in 2009, I suspect issuing statements on celebrities who died that he didn't even know personally just wasn't something he had even thought about before MJ died. I don't think he had issued any such statements about celebrities who died in 2009 before MJ died and didn't issue one for Farrah Fawcett who died the same day. While he has issued a few statements on celebrities who died since then, no comments have been made on dozens of other celebrity deaths. I think he and other Presidents largely issue statements for political figures or people connected to the military or high profile personal friends/favorites. Robin Williams was probably posthumously lauded not only by the President but by U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel, at least in part because Robin Williams had done so much work entertaining active duty military members in war zones and Vets and doing USO tours.

No, Obama did not say MJ was guilty. That's nonsense. But I think thing the "tragic" thing is a reference to the allegations. The reason why I think so is because he also says "I don't think we can ignore that". Why would he say that about drug use? Did he make such a remark about Robin Williams? I think PR wise Obama (or his team) saw the need to make that subtle hint on the allegations to try to balance between the different opinions about MJ. To say "OK, but we did not forget that either, just at this time we should focus on the positive".
Politicians will always be politicians. I do not put much trust in them, no matter on which political side they are. It's all about remaining popular for them, not to risk much PR wise - especially not for a controversial celebrity.

No one can deny that Michael's life did have tragedy and difficulty. If one would prefer to liken that to the allegations, feel free because it is indeed true an innocent man suffered because of it and his Estate is being financially drained because of it as well.

Most online MJ fans have expressed the same and continue to repeat the same sentiment to include the allegations and many other betrayals. It is confusing why it is being made an issue because President Obama echoed what many have said before him and continue to say after him.

By the way:

President Obama Sends Condolences To Michael Jackson’s Family, Fans
Press secretary delivers message on behalf of president.
by jocelyn vena
6/26/2009

Although President Obama held a press conference on Friday (June 26), no one asked him for his reaction to the news of Michael Jackson’s death on Thursday in Los Angeles. In a separate press conference, Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said that reporters seemed too shy to ask the president about the legendary singer — even though he is an avowed music fan — so Gibbs said that he spoke with Obama about Jackson’s passing.

“I talked to [the president] about it this morning. He said to me that obviously Michael Jackson was a spectacular performer and a music icon,” Gibbs said, according to Newsweek. “I think everybody remembers hearing his songs, watching him moonwalk on television during Motown’s 25th anniversary. But the president also said [Jackson] had aspects of his life that were sad and tragic. And his condolences went out to the Jackson family and to the fans that mourned his loss.”

The president joins a very long list of notable figures paying tribute to the singer, including longtime friends like Diana Ross, Smokey Robinson and Madonna.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1614849/president-obama-sends-condolences-to-michael-jacksons-family-fans/

Last edited:
respect77;4095612 said:
I think PR wise Obama (or his team) saw the need to make that subtle hint on the allegations to try to balance between the different opinions about MJ. To say "OK, but we did not forget that either, just at this time we should focus on the positive".
Politicians will always be politicians. I do not put much trust in them, no matter on which political side they are. It's all about remaining popular for them, not to risk much PR wise - especially not for a controversial celebrity.

Thats right:

Arnold Schwarzenegger, actor and Governor of California Governor: "Michael was a pop phenomenon who never stopped pushing the envelope of creativity.
"Though there were serious questions about his personal life, Michael was undoubtedly a great entertainer and his popularity spanned generations and the globe."

Gordon Brown, prime minister: "This is very sad news for the millions of Michael Jackson fans in Britain and around the world," the Prime Minister's spokesman said.
"The Prime Minister's thoughts are with Michael Jackson's family at this time."

David Cameron, leader of the Conservatives: "I know Michael Jackson's fans in Britain and across the world will be sad today.
"Despite the controversies, he was a legendary entertainer. Everyone will be thinking of his family, especially his children, at this time."

Have they got some sort of universal note for this kind of occasion that they rely on as to me they all say the same:scratch:

There were more same stuff but they did cover their backs with few smartly selected words.
Having said that, there were political people who expressed their grief without thinking whether it is politically correct thing to do:
The former president of South Korea Kim Dae-jung, who had met Mr. Jackson, said: “We lost a hero of the world.”

Imelda Marcos, former Philippine first lady: "Michael Jackson enriched our lives, made us happy," she said in a statement. "The accusations, the persecution caused him so much financial and mental anguish. He was vindicated in court, but the battle took his life. There is probably a lesson here for all of us."

Agree with soundmind and respect, it's a fact that the death of michael jackson was deemed by obama not to warrant a presidential statement. Death of dr spock warranted one but not the death of the 'greatest performer of his generation or any generation' and an international icon whose death dominated the news headlines all over the world - there are just a tiny tiny handful of people on the planet with that influence and reach. Our pm and our leader of the opposition felt compelled to issue statements but not the american president of where mj was born and lived his life? It was a massive snub, no two ways about it. And then when obama's spokesman made comments (actually when he was asked to make a comment, he didn't volunteer it) and obama himself spoke about it (a week later) it was carefully worded with caveats, a 'he was great,but..', to me and i imagine the majority of people obviously an acknowledgement to the molestation allegations and trial. I really think it was not obvious back then in the immediate aftermath of mj's death, at least in usa, whether mj's music and talent would drown out the horrible publicity mj endured in his last years, hence the muted presidential response. Which makes obama's gov's claims that mj's image should be valued at $half a billion at his death for tax just such a sick joke.

Last edited:
Didn't come off as 'carefully worded' to me, more so just trying to quickly come up with something to say on the spot about him.

The writing that was edited into the clip of President Obama is TOTALLY inaccurate and looked politically motivated to me (i.e., trying to get MJ fans not to vote for Obama based on things Obama never even said). After describing MJ as undoubtedly as one of "the greatest entertainers of our generation and perhaps ANY generation" who became a "core part of our culture" and acknowledging MJ's "extraordinary talent and music," Obama NEVER even mentioned ANYTHING about the trial or the associated allegations, let alone anything about supposed guilt, as the editor of the video claimed. Obama simply said that MJ's personal life included a "big dose" of "difficulty" and "tragedy." Those words sounded sympathetic rather than accusatory, so I interpreted them primarily as an acknowledgement of MJ's well-known abuse by Joe and the wall-to-wall TV coverage of the drug use that his family, their associates (e.g., Brian Oxman) and every MJ-connected attention seeker at the time insisted was the cause of his tragic death. In one of the earlier on-camera interviews Obama did about MJ before this particular interview, he acknowledged how great his music was and how he still had all of it on his IPOD and said he was glad MJ was being remembered for the joy he brought the world through his extraordinary gifts as entertainer.

Great post. How completely hypocritical of an MJ fan. They hate it when MJ words are twisted and complain about it, then turn around and do the exact same thing to other people.

well, he should have said something in the first place for us to twist his words. The man REFUSED to release a statement and this inaction in itself sums Obama's feelings towards MJ or to be more accurate his worries of a backlash if he released one. He has "issues" related to his background, the man has been desperate for acceptance. People around the world are able to see this except his blind supporters.

Last edited:
The fact that Obama didn't feel the need to issue a statement immediately was very strange and disappointing to me. His secretary speaking was her own words, not Obama's, so that doesn't really counts in my book. He only spoke later, because he was asked about it.

To have world leaders responding right away (even with PC statements, but at least acknowledging him), but not MJ's country's president was disappointing, even more because Obama is the first black president, you'd think he'd be the first to respond with a powerful statement.

While I understand in politics you have to play it safe sometimes, there are certain times you just don't play it safe, and IMO this was one of those times.

Question please: is it possible that the official statement or any statement for Farrah Fawcett's passing can be posted here to show how the President purposefully ignored Michael's passing despite his comments? Any statement regarding a celebrity death pre-June 2009 - this president first six months of office - will do.

I've read in the past black writers accusing him of being insensitive to the the struggles black people had to face before the civil right movement and after it and not understanding the significance of such movement. Thinking back, how Obama could do it if he didn't experience those struggles himself? He has had a privileged life with opportunities of having a good education, traveling abroad, etc, therefor, he didn't/doesn't understand the significance Michael had braking the cultural, geographical and racial barriers all over the world, not just USA.

Question please: is it possible that the official statement or any statement for Farrah Fawcett's passing can be posted here to show how the President purposefully ignored Michael's passing despite his comments? Any statement regarding a celebrity death pre-June 2009 - this president first six months of office - will do.
That's because, as I'm sure you already know, Tygger, there wasn't a statement made about Farrah Fawcett's death that day. I think I would have remembered it.
As a matter of fact, if you google search for something, all you will get are a bunch of total racists and their rants on twitter or on their blogs berating Obama to the skies for "singing the praises of the Pxxxxxxe, Michael Jackson, while totally ignoring the deaths of Farrah Fawcett, David Carradine and EdMcMahon. And of course, Obama is the scum of the earth for praising a criminal and he did it because they're both black." And believe me, there are a lot of those out there. It made me sick.

There were a lot of politicians that made statements about Michael's death and weren't politically correct-I remember our congresswoman, Sheila Jackson Lee, came out immediately and said something, and also presented that proclamation at Michael's memorial. The Black Caucus of Congressmen held moment of silence. Peter King, who I now despise, berated the media for giving so much coverage to a "Known Child Molester."

This person who made the video saying that Obama said "Michael was guilty" is in no way a Michael Jackson fan. He is pure and simple an Obama hater that is trying to fool people (and probably mostly black Michael fans) into thinking Obama is scum. Twisted propaganda

I voted for him (since Hilary lost the primary and John McCain had Sarah Palin on board-shiver). Obama has disappointed me in a lot of ways-but this really wasn't one of them. I wanted more, yes, but we got a lot. He probably learned from this, and has made statements about icons in the entertainment industry's death since because of it. .

I've read in the past black writers accusing him of being insensitive to the the struggles black people had to face before the civil right movement and after it and not understanding the significance of such movement. Thinking back, how Obama could do it if he didn't experience those struggles himself? He has had a privileged life with opportunities of having a good education, traveling abroad, etc, therefor, he didn't/doesn't understand the significance Michael had braking the cultural, geographical and racial barriers all over the world, not just USA.
I think a lot of writers are disappointed that Obama hasn't made a heck of a lot more progress in social causes than he has-and has in many ways performed as a middle of the road, mainstream politician, and not someone from the fiery left that they expected.
Obama, himself, has talked many times about the privilege of going to school ONLY DUE to Affirmative Action, etc.

No disrespect to Farah Fawcett but she is not in Michael's category in terms of fame and influence (nor is David Carradine or EdMcMahon). I am not American and I did not even know her name before she died. I don't think a President's task is to comment on each and every celebrity death, but Michael is a legend not just a celebrity.

Here is Obama's statement on Robin Williams:

“Robin Williams was an airman, a doctor, a genie a nanny, a president, a professor, a bangarang Peter Pan, and everything in between. But he was one of a kind. He arrived in our lives as an alien – but he ended up touching every element of the human spirit. He made us laugh. He made us cry. He gave his immeasurable talent freely and generously to those who needed it most – from our troops stationed abroad to the marginalized on our own streets. The Obama family offers our condolences to Robin’s family, his friends, and everyone who found their voice and their verse thanks to Robin Williams.”

No "but's..." as in Michael's case.

respect77;4095860 said:
Robin Williams was an airman, a doctor, a genie a nanny, a president, a professor, a bangarang Peter Pan, and everything in between. But he was one of a kind. He arrived in our lives as an alien – but he ended up touching every element of the human spirit. He made us laugh. He made us cry. He gave his immeasurable talent freely and generously to those who needed it most – from our troops stationed abroad to the marginalized on our own streets. The Obama family offers our condolences to Robin’s family, his friends, and everyone who found their voice and their verse thanks to Robin Williams.”

:laugh::p

barbee0715;4095834 said:
That's because, as I'm sure you already know, Tygger, there wasn't a statement made about Farrah Fawcett's death that day. I think I would have remembered it.

Indeed. There is no protocol for issuing statements after the death of an American; celebrity or otherwise. It is up to the president to decide. Very interesting that it is being suggested the President purposefully ignored Michael’s passing when - as you stated - others believe the President’s acknowledgement of Michael’s passing was unwarranted.

I agree the creator of the clip is attempting to fool whoever they can. I do not believe the creator of the video is specifically targeting black and/or African-American MJ fans. The creator of the video is attempting to rewrite history and some will believe it if that history was not experienced. Unfortunately, it has happened far too often where Michael is concerned in my view. I also agree that the President learned how to react to celebrities passings in a manner acceptable to him as again, there is not protocol. It was abnormal for the President to not receive one question about a celebrity passing the following morning from the press/media. He has shown he will not allow that misstep again.

Snow White luvs Peter Pan, I strongly disagree and I have seen similar statements made about Michael from many critics including African-Americans and non-African-Americans. The statements are judgmental and I believe they are undeserving.

Last edited:
barbee0715;4095834 said:
That's because, as I'm sure you already know, Tygger, there wasn't a statement made about Farrah Fawcett's death that day. I think I would have remembered it. As a matter of fact, if you google search for something, all you will get are a bunch of total racists and their rants on twitter or on their blogs berating Obama to the skies for "singing the praises of the Pxxxxxxe, Michael Jackson, while totally ignoring the deaths of Farrah Fawcett, David Carradine and EdMcMahon..." This person who made the video saying that Obama said "Michael was guilty" is in no way a Michael Jackson fan. He is pure and simple an Obama hater that is trying to fool people..."

Tygger;4095862 said:
Indeed. There is no protocol for issuing statements after the death of an American; celebrity or otherwise. It is up to the president to decide. Very interesting that it is being suggested the President purposefully ignored Michael’s passing when - as you stated - others believe the President’s acknowledgement of Michael’s passing was unwarranted. "...The creator of the video is attempting to rewrite history and some will believe it if that history was not experienced. Unfortunately, it has happened far too often where Michael is concerned in my view. I also agree that the President learned how to react to celebrities passings in a manner acceptable to him as again, there is not protocol. It was abnormal for the President to not receive one question about a celebrity passing the following morning from the press/media.

I agree. Presidents of the U.S., not just the current one, do not routinely issue written statements on the deaths of celebrities with whom they have no relationship. Along with Farrah Fawcett, Patrick Swayze and several others who died in 2009, Pres Obama did not do written statements on the deaths of ELIZABETH TAYLOR, WHITNEY HOUSTON, beloved former child star SHIRLEY TEMPLE BLACK who also was a former U.S. Ambassador, or the dozens of other celebrities who died after MJ during the past 6 years. MJ was not singled out to not get one. The written statements that have been issued don't seem to be based on who is most famous, as several have been writers (e.g., Ray Bradbury) who aren't super well known, but may have been personal friends/favorites of Obama, or his family/staff. Robin Williams and Leonard Nimoy had relationships with Obama as Democratic supporters of him and donators to his campaigns, with Robin Williams receiving an additional statement from Sec of Defense Hagel due to his work with the USO.

Knowing Obama's political opponents would pounce on him saying anything positive about MJ, but that the Democratic Party's minority base would be mad if he didn't, the media instigated all of this controversy by priming the public with "what is Obama going to say about MJ" before Obama's press conference that was already scheduled a few days after MJ died. Then they intentionally asked him lots of questions at the press conference about everything EXCEPT MJ, but afterwards created a controversy about Obama not answering a question about MJ that none of them ever asked. Typical "gotcha" kind of media tactics that they also used on MJ. I doubt that the media would have done anything like this if JOHN McCAIN had won the election or that there would have been much expectation that McCain would acknowledge MJ in any way.

I'm sorry that some fans were so upset by the lack of a written statement, though I didn't have the same reaction to it. I doubt that most of the publicly released written statements on celebrity deaths are personally written by Obama, but more likely a staff member. So for me personally, Pres Obama's praise of MJ in his own words, on camera, for the world to see/hear in several interviews, along with the fact that he personally contacted MJ's family, like he does only for some of his soldiers who die, meant more to me than I think a written statement posted on the White House web site or twitter would have. During that summer of grief in 2009, fans were being bombarded with negative media stories (how many times did they gleefully roll tape of "pajama day" for no reason), which probably made the fan base sensitive to everything that felt like yet another slight against MJ. I doubt any of us on either side of the issue are going to change our feelings about this six years later, so I'm going to try to get back to the thread topic - Celebrating MJ's vindication.

I never knew that ABC did this story about the FBI file release on MJ. I only wish they had talked to TMez instead of Brian Oxman, who I think would have more forcefully and effectively shown this was absolute vindication along with the outcome of the trial.
<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LUu9pWTZFXA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
No disrespect to Farah Fawcett but she is not in Michael's category in terms of fame and influence (nor is David Carradine or EdMcMahon). I am not American and I did not even know her name before she died. I don't think a President's task is to comment on each and every celebrity death, but Michael is a legend not just a celebrity.

I agree. Farah's impact is nowhere near as huge as MJ's. As far as I remember they didn't even mentioned her in the Oscars "In Memoriam" section, but they did MJ (and she's been in a lot more movies than he has). Not only did he break color barriers, but he's simply the biggest black music icon, period. The evidence of his huge impact was in the amount of global grief and all the other world leaders who felt compelled to comment on his passing.

No other celebrity death comes even close IMO.

I agree. Farah's impact is nowhere near as huge as MJ's. As far as I remember they didn't even mentioned her in the Oscars "In Memoriam" section, but they did MJ (and she's been in a lot more movies than he has). Not only did he break color barriers, but he's simply the biggest black music icon, period. The evidence of his huge impact was in the amount of global grief and all the other world leaders who felt compelled to comment on his passing.

No other celebrity death comes even close IMO.

Oh come on. Elvis, John Lennon, Princess Diana? Those last two especially. The list is very short but there are definitely other celebrity's whose sudden deaths have had a huge impact like MJs.

Last edited:
Oh come on. Elvis, John Lennon, Princess Diana? Those last two especially. The list is very short but there are definitely other celebrity's whose sudden deaths have had a huge impact like MJs.

Diana yes, the other two no, globally MJ is much bigger and more famous. Whether you like it or not. MJ is the most beloved African American in the world, certainly not Obama, who is viewed outside the US as one of the WEAKEST American presidents ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back