A.I Michael - opinions

Beano Wild

How's Life?
Hey guys, on a separate note before talking about this -
glad to be a mod here, hoping I can help make this a better place for you. And for me. And the entire hu- okay sorry.

But back to the topic, I have spent the last week researching and building an A.I model of Michael jackson singing, and after almost 40 hours of training the ai is scaring me at how it has reached the level of a really good Michael impersonator, and I'm only about 30% done training.

Now before you slander me, I will justify my actions by saying that if it wasn't me, it would have been made by someone most likely named "MJ_LEAKS2008" and would have been used to create fake "leaks". I am keeping the model completely private, and will only be working on songs either Michael covered but are unreleased (Delilah, Hot fun, Jane is a groupee) or songs michael himself loved (Automatic, Upside-down, How deep is your love, My Perogative). Another thing I'd love to try is to finish Hollywood tonight by using the written bridge.

Now, the reason to why I've made this thread - should I releass songs online with this tool, or keep them all private? And also what are your opinions on this matter, and do you believe Michael would have been fascinated by this technology?

Again, I would love to read peoples opinions (mostly so i have something to read on my work break, lol), if you want to criticise me go ahead too btw as I'd love to hear everyone's opinion.

Thanks lads (and again, I hope I can help ye all in the best ways I can!)

I hate the idea of this stuff if I'm honest. I don't really see the appeal at all. It's kinda weird in my opinion. (Not AI in general, just the whole taking another person's voice and making it say or sing things, especially when it's someone that's dead).

I can't comment on Michael but we know that he was always attentive to technology, maybe out of curiosity he would have tried it. It would be a pleasure to hear your work I support you. to hear the voice of Michael as an adult interpreting songs like "Music And Me" "Maria" "Got To Be" There" also listen to "Eaten alive" "Joy" or play a little with a current song by an artist like Bruno Mars or The Weeknd the use of the program is somewhat questionable but also somewhat curious if it is for a good use there is nothing wrong with showing your project I am with you bro

Lads? LADS?????

OK, I think I've made my point, lol.

glad to be a mod here,
Hello new mod!

hoping I can help make this a better place for you. And for me. And the entire hu- okay sorry.
:ROFLMAO:

Another thing I'd love to try is to finish Hollywood tonight by using the written bridge.
This subject maybe isn't for me. Bc I don't understand any of it. I don't understand why people want to 'finish' stuff. If Brad Buxer or Bill Bottrell wanted to do more work on a Michael song that they were a co-writer of, that I could understand. Of course. But anything else, I'm lost. Fragments of songs are fine by me. I don't need or want them to be 'finished'. But other people do want that so I get that there is interest in it.

Not having a go, btw. Just genuinely confused. I sort of get the technical challenge of it. Kinda. But I don't really understand it.

And also what are your opinions on this matter,
Not keen on any aspect of this, tbh.

and do you believe Michael would have been fascinated by this technology?
Yes, I do. I don't like to try to guess what Michael would say / do / think about anything bc I didn't know the guy but this question seems pretty easy. He always seemed to be interested in new tech. He did the Ghosts skeleton thing. I'm sure he would be fascinated by what ABBA have done with their show. Especially since he had already worked with a much earlier version of the tech they must have used.

Again, I would love to read peoples opinions (mostly so i have something to read on my work break, lol), if you want to criticise me go ahead too btw as I'd love to hear everyone's opinion.
No criticism. Just confusion. I do have a gut reaction to this sort of thing which is ,,. NO! Don't do any of it! But I couldn't tell you what my reasons are.

Lads? Oh, hang on! I already did that, lol. :ROFLMAO:

I hate the idea of this stuff if I'm honest. I don't really see the appeal at all. It's kinda weird in my opinion. (Not AI in general, just the whole taking another person's voice and making it say or sing things, especially when it's someone that's dead).
This perfectly sums up my feelings about all this kind of stuff. Just a gut reaction against it. Can't rationalise it but it is strong.

And I agree, putting my gut reaction aside, I don't even see the appeal. I find the idea distasteful (no criticism, just being honest) but also confusing.

Now before you slander me, I will justify my actions by saying that if it wasn't me, it would have been made by someone
I agree with this. It's going to happen, I'm sure. I don't like it but if the technology is there it's going to get used. Sadly. :(

Lads? LADS?????

OK, I think I've made my point, lol.

Hello new mod!

:ROFLMAO:

This subject maybe isn't for me. Bc I don't understand any of it. I don't understand why people want to 'finish' stuff. If Brad Buxer or Bill Bottrell wanted to do more work on a Michael song that they were a co-writer of, that I could understand. Of course. But anything else, I'm lost. Fragments of songs are fine by me. I don't need or want them to be 'finished'. But other people do want that so I get that there is interest in it.

Not having a go, btw. Just genuinely confused. I sort of get the technical challenge of it. Kinda. But I don't really understand it.

Not keen on any aspect of this, tbh.

Yes, I do. I don't like to try to guess what Michael would say / do / think about anything bc I didn't know the guy but this question seems pretty easy. He always seemed to be interested in new tech. He did the Ghosts skeleton thing. I'm sure he would be fascinated by what ABBA have done with their show. Especially since he had already worked with a much earlier version of the tech they must have used.

No criticism. Just confusion. I do have a gut reaction to this sort of thing which is ,,. NO! Don't do any of it! But I couldn't tell you what my reasons are.

Lads? Oh, hang on! I already did that, lol. :ROFLMAO:

This perfectly sums up my feelings about all this kind of stuff. Just a gut reaction against it. Can't rationalise it but it is strong.

And I agree, putting my gut reaction aside, I don't even see the appeal. I find the idea distasteful (no criticism, just being honest) but also confusing.

I agree with this. It's going to happen, I'm sure. I don't like it but if the technology is there it's going to get used. Sadly. :(
My feelings about the whole finishing his songs thing perfectly mirror yours. Don't see why it's a desire generally even outside of AI lol.

My feelings about the whole finishing his songs thing perfectly mirror yours. Don't see why it's a desire generally even outside of AI lol.
Totally agree. Don't see the need. If it has to happen at all, then OK, make it someone who actually worked on the song with Michael and make it very clear.

But I don't get it.

Just like the Michael Jackson holograms, the AI technology idea is also somewhat creepy considering that he has been dead.

Also, given that the AI technology uses algorithms in order to generate voice for other songs, this means that it cannot be accurate because what algorithms basically do is to predict.

There is also another issue concerning the AI technology, and this has to do with who actually owns the copyrights of these 'new' songs.

you could rebuild songs like 'spice of life' or 'mystery', since there is no certainty that they will see the light of day, I don't think that would be wrong, just reinforce the fact that they are fan-made and try to prevent as much as possible profiteers from trying say they are real.

I can't comment on Michael but we know that he was always attentive to technology, maybe out of curiosity he would have tried it. It would be a pleasure to hear your work I support you. to hear the voice of Michael as an adult interpreting songs like "Music And Me" "Maria" "Got To Be" There" also listen to "Eaten alive" "Joy" or play a little with a current song by an artist like Bruno Mars or The Weeknd the use of the program is somewhat questionable but also somewhat curious if it is for a good use there is nothing wrong with showing your project I am with you bro
@Anakin1997 I agree with this.
I am def. curious about what you now might show us. I might not like it .. then again I might just learn 2 love it. I am for now, really curious about it! hit us with it 🙏 🤩 @Beano Wild also welcome home

@Anakin1997 I agree with this.
I am def. curious about what you now might show us. I might not like it .. then again I might just learn 2 love it. I am for now, really curious about it! hit us with it 🙏 🤩 @Beano Wild also welcome home
It would be great to know what would have happened if MJ could sing "Hot Fun" or other unfinished demos. It's an experiment. If it's in good hands, we'll have wonderful things. It's not malicious at all and I'd rather listen to these things than sincerely stolen things. impressed this one from rick astley

It would be great to know what would have happened if MJ could sing "Hot Fun" or other unfinished demos. It's an experiment. If it's in good hands, we'll have wonderful things. It's not malicious at all and I'd rather listen to these things than sincerely stolen things. impressed this one from rick astley

he's actually the man that helped me make the ai, i t was such a headache to make even with him helping though, i will say that.

taking everything into consideration, i'll try to make one song at least, and see what everyone thinks.

so here's my attempt at doing the song Delilah. if i was able to talk to a michael jackson impersonator, this would prob not sound like jason malachi. its a proof of concept just using Tom Jones's vocals and track, so please take it with a grain of salt as the AI isnt being used on the correct type of voice, so it prob doesnt sound like michael at times.

still, pretty good imo, better then all of the other attempts ive seen.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1061STjbB0wSmu67uxzRHmY5pAATRd_3R/view?usp=share_link

so here's my attempt at doing the song Delilah. if i was able to talk to a michael jackson impersonator, this would prob not sound like jason malachi. its a proof of concept just using Tom Jones's vocals and track, so please take it with a grain of salt as the AI isnt being used on the correct type of voice, so it prob doesnt sound like michael at times.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1061STjbB0wSmu67uxzRHmY5pAATRd_3R/view?usp=share_link
Wow it turned out very well for an AI and it sounds better than malachi hahaha it left me a little impressed, that's what I mean, it's just for fun a little resorting to what would have happened if Michael sang such a song. What a pity not being able to handle this technology. I congratulate you for your work

Wouldn’t it be better to try a song from someone with a more MJ-like voice like The Weeknd or Bruno Mars? It doesn’t sound as robotic as other AI but the song doesn’t help much as it doesn’t sound like MJ either.

But yes, it’s a good try compared to others.

Wouldn’t it be better to try a song from someone with a more MJ-like voice like The Weeknd or Bruno Mars? It doesn’t sound as robotic as other AI but the song doesn’t help much as it doesn’t sound like MJ either.

But yes, it’s a good try compared to others.
I would, but I'm only working on songs michael sung himself, as delilah is supposedly an unreleased cover. I tried willing and waiting and it just didn't work due to the harmonies and overdubs, and Eaten Alive is too harsh for this model, it didn't work well. Again, I'd need an impersonator in order to do this correctly.

Also, if anyone has any multis (or acapellas) not public that would work to train the ai, contact me on twitter or something, I believe it's against the rules to transfer files like that on here. I'm planning on expanding the ai's training set from 35mins of audio to hopefully 1-1.5 hours.

Also, if anyone has any multis (or acapellas) not public that would work to train the ai, contact me on twitter or something, I believe it's against the rules to transfer files like that on here. I'm planning on expanding the ai's training set from 35mins of audio to hopefully 1-1.5 hours.
I'm pretty sure multitrack sharing is allowed. Right @Hiker ?

I think the ones that are already you are, but I'm on about ones that people might be willing to share to me for this project, I'm unsure on the rules of unleaked content. Need to check up on them later.

What kind of MJ Acapella were you looking for? on my PC I only have the ones that have been previously leaked

This is nuts. Give it a few more years and you'll start having a hard time telling what is real and what is not.

It sounds nothing like Michael, though. 😅
But what about when it does? Technology has the power to slowly take over the humbled human 😱it'll be like the matrix, all glowy and no-way.-ey. With red eyes and the film of the moon on his tummy... Just like the saturn robot i hated as a child.
With passion.

Back