A Message from the Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley concert DVD Quality [Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will look like this:

(Dirty Diana highlight. This is the actual size on any screen)

eddie-van-halen_blurry.jpg%3Fw%3D381

And we're goonna celebrate it:

oldschool-1ynvg7l.jpg

The sound will be dubbed by a soundalike (Justin Bieber).

^and it will also show for the first time the exclusive MJ song "Baby", which he also performed that night (oddly enough, nobody remembers) and later on Bieber took as his.

I have an insider Estate source who sent me this screencap in secret. This is the Smooth Criminal performance.

Michael_Jackson_s_Moonwalker_SEGA_Genesis_Beat_it.jpg

Small mentioning of the DVD by John Branca: [The concert footage on the BAD25 DVD is] one concert start to finish. There are no edits and piecing together of different concerts. It’s one concert, Michael Jackson at Wembley Stadium in the presence of Prince Charles and Lady Diana. He actually refers to them at the beginning and at the end of the show. We had high-quality footage of other concerts, but the audio wasn’t very good. For Wembley we had great audio but all we had visually was Michael’s VHS copy of the monitor feed.

rsggamer123;3698964 said:
Small mentioning of the DVD by John Branca: [The concert footage on the BAD25 DVD is] one concert start to finish. There are no edits and piecing together of different concerts. It’s one concert, Michael Jackson at Wembley Stadium in the presence of Prince Charles and Lady Diana. He actually refers to them at the beginning and at the end of the show. We had high-quality footage of other concerts, but the audio wasn’t very good. For Wembley we had great audio but all we had visually was Michael’s VHS copy of the monitor feed.

I am so curious which concerts he referred to...

Anyone else feel underwhelmed by this release? We had the announcement, everything was :wild: and then we had the tracklisting :wild: But what now? Surely there should be trailers etc?

Anyone else feel underwhelmed by this release? We had the announcement, everything was :wild: and then we had the tracklisting :wild: But what now? Surely there should be trailers etc?

Im not underwhelmed with the release, still can't wait. But i am underwhelmed with the lack of snippets/screenshots, trailers. Just one trailer showing the actual quality is all i would like too see before its released.

I am so curious which concerts he referred to...

Probably all of them.
There's no reason to not believe they have a tape for every jumbo tron source. Apparently, none for this Wembley show. (and no multi tracks for the others shows. So the audio is prolly decent, but not remixable for 5.1 surround).

I wish the estate would give us a list of BAD Tour concerts they have and let us choose maybe 2 or 3 from the ones they have and the others release later on

You know I was thinking that with the state being so concerned about the audio quality, I'd think that the video quality had to have been at least worthy of a DVD release for them to release it. I think the quality will be better than any of us could have imagined.

rsggamer123;3698964 said:

Well technically speaking of the audio, I'm checking Amazon and the DVD will have both "Stereo" and "5.1 Surround Sound" audios on the DVD. So 5.1 Surround sound will be awesome as I can imagine.

Well....you`d get a 'Friends'-a-like super dvd box with 127 dvd`s containing multi angle monitor feeds, lol...

I want it!

Very true. - But I might add that picture quality is also EXTREMELY important for a live concert DVD!

No. A live concert is mainly about the songs, as most people don't put on what Michael put on. The audio is most important. In the case of Michael Jackson, the whole concert is important. Audio/video has no difference, they are important. The whole thing combined creates what was put on with all of the magic. A live concert DVD is mainly audio, as 4-5 dudes with guitars standing and singing isn't much of a show, but that's just my opinion. Oh, and would you be mentioning quality being important if you didn't know the source of the concert? It'd just be 'Oh, a Bad concert! Finally!'. People stop freaking out about quality, and just enjoy MJ at his best.

Very true. - But I might add that picture quality is also EXTREMELY important for a live concert DVD!

That true, but may I add, especially in Michael Jackson's case. His concerts are the SHOW, the dance, the moves! For live bands it is different, like Queen for example - there is element of show, but music and songs and audio quality is in 1st place.

No. A live concert is mainly about the songs, as most people don't put on what Michael put on. The audio is most important. In the case of Michael Jackson, the whole concert is important. Audio/video has no difference, they are important. The whole thing combined creates what was put on with all of the magic. A live concert DVD is mainly audio, as 4-5 dudes with guitars standing and singing isn't much of a show, but that's just my opinion. Oh, and would you be mentioning quality being important if you didn't know the source of the concert? It'd just be 'Oh, a Bad concert! Finally!'. People stop freaking out about quality, and just enjoy MJ at his best.

I am looking very much forward to this release. Been looking forward to it for years! - Just saying picture quality is also important. - If you think audio is the only important thing - all you need is the Live CD!
When I watch a MJ Show it not just a concert. It's theater! It's a musical! It's a movie taking place in front of you! The visual is very important IMO!

But even if it is not very good quality I will still watch the show over and over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back