A Message from the Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley concert DVD Quality [Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, thats what i'm talking about.
"Don't like edited concerts" Don't like lipsynching" "Don't like Michael holding his hand infront of his mouth" "Don't like Michael wearing his hair tight" "Don't like Michael wearing blue"

Now be true to yourself and confess, how did you feel about Munich when you watch it? Before you've been told its mix of two days. Yes, i know the bug sceen was obvious. but the rest? you did notice the edits right away, right?
Same with Bucharest. BOW and MITM and the toaster were obvious, but the rest? Ok, the crowd shots were to much, but we all know Michael loved that. (the shmogley tapes prove it)
Overall, its very less edited from the other nights. You all think like the whole show is mash-up.

Sometimes is better to not tell you anything , cause else you start to complain. (don't mean you personaly)

Just don't understand whats bugging you that much?

I'm sure you enjoy the missed toaster in Bucharest, the camera man filming the floor while running around the stage and the awkward angle of the moonwalk.

You do know that songs on the albums are mixed from recordings of different days and not recorded in one take? Does this make a song less real or unique?

Micheals fans are the most grumping, whining and unsatisfied fans of all.

What happend with "thats the way Michael wanted"? does this apply only to his music? why you think Munich has 3 edits?

Yeah yeah, i know, " i wasn't complainig about the quality as the wembley snipped came out, the other were". there is no other here, we are one. cause such things are seen by the executors as one.

if you had read the article from warren eagles about the filmed 2 shows edited to one, and if that material did still exist and is to be released on blu-ray, you'll be ignoring it?

it has nothing to do with editing... Michael is dead now... he will not perform again, i was never able to see him live, i was too young when he came to south africa... i dont want to see video from 5 nights, the best bits taken from each show. I want to see what i would have seen if i had gone to 1 show. As simple as that... The highs the lows, the mistakes, everything..

Sometimes I think people forgot how the Estate said that they went to the warehouses and had extensive searches done. They did everything they could to get wembley, it's a miracle that VHS copy was found if you ask me. Im just so happy we are getting a chance to see what is supposedly the best MJ show out there. The executors weren't sitting on their asses, they searched all over for Wembley and they did find it. It's not like they have a canister of film that's in front of them that's labeled MJ Wembley 88 and are choosing to release a VHS copy anyways. So many fans think the Estate is CHOOSING to not release a film version when we all know that at this moment, in 2012 they are releasing the best possible source for this show, the only source. People act delusional and get into this whole stupid "$ony" thing (yes Sony as a corporation exists to make money, isn't that wild) .

We are getting wembley, we are getting untouched demos, we as fans asked for this exactly. Maybe the quality of the show isn't crystal clear or the demos aren't finished, what we do have is the best versions possible and that can not be denied.

Sometimes I think people forgot how the Estate said that they went to the warehouses and had extensive searches done. They did everything they could to get wembley, it's a miracle that VHS copy was found if you ask me. Im just so happy we are getting a chance to see what is supposedly the best MJ show out there. The executors weren't sitting on their asses, they searched all over for Wembley and they did find it. It's not like they have a canister of film that's in front of them that's labeled MJ Wembley 88 and are choosing to release a VHS copy anyways. So many fans think the Estate is CHOOSING to not release a film version when we all know that at this moment, in 2012 they are releasing the best possible source for this show, the only source. People act delusional and get into this whole stupid "$ony" thing (yes Sony as a corporation exists to make money, isn't that wild) .

We are getting wembley, we are getting untouched demos, we as fans asked for this exactly. Maybe the quality of the show isn't crystal clear or the demos aren't finished, what we do have is the best versions possible and that can not be denied.

Reposted for emphasis. And yet, some fans are petitioning for more. Ridiculous.

it has nothing to do with editing... Michael is dead now... he will not perform again, i was never able to see him live, i was too young when he came to south africa... i dont want to see video from 5 nights, the best bits taken from each show. I want to see what i would have seen if i had gone to 1 show. As simple as that... The highs the lows, the mistakes, everything..
No one is talking about 5 nights mix. thats where you see it wrong. you think Bucharest is mix of multi nights, but its not "best of Dangerous tour 92". only the crazy crowd shots are from several nights. the rest added is just few sec in BOW and MITM.
I know for fans its enough if they release Michael running around and scratching his bottom. but in the end the dvd is to applay not only the fans but the average custumer. And the broadcast version of Bucharest was not acceptable. yes, yes the dvd with overcrowded shots was too much.

If they have wembley from 14 or 15 in better quality then this unearthed vhs, they could have take the video of 15th and mix the audio from 16th to it. you won't notice, unless its been said this has been done.

You forget one importand thing, it's Michael who wanted these mixes-in of other nights and not the director or the editor of the concert. He wanted the wild yelling fainting fans. Michael was who wanted the second version of Munich to be edited, cause he wasn't satisfied with what was shown on the jumbotrons (uncut version).

I can speak for myself, but regarding such things, I never think or say "what I want is ...". I always see it from a neutral point of view and cause thats how concert releases are done mostly. thats why I can't agree fully with you and don't see whats the big deal.

Last edited:
If they have wembley from 14 or 15 in better quality then this unearthed vhs, they could have take the video of 15th and mix the audio from 16th to it. you won't notice, unless its been said this has been done.

wouldn't you have problems with lips not matching the voice and so on?

and honestly I think due to the past events their goal was untouched. I don't think they had any desire to copy / paste, edit, overdub etc. anything.

The show was so tight and timed that dubbing another show is doable, but they'd have to make edits and cuts here and there because at times the audio wouldn't match up.
If they were to take 2 or 3 shows and edit them together, it's doable.
And if done right, no one would notice unless they were told it was done this way.

But alas, one complete show is fine (the idea, not the video quality :D )

We would notice. If you compare performances from the tour -- say, Heartbreak Hotel from the Brisbane and Yokohama shows -- there are certain words that Michael sang/pronounced on one night that he didn't on another. Not to mention the additional ad-libs. I would rather have a terrible quality show with correct audio than a good quality show with overdubbed audio from a different night. And I know that many fans wouldn't buy it if the Estate did that, me included.

Bad 25 is a perfect release as it is.

wouldn't you have problems with lips not matching the voice and so on?

and honestly I think due to the past events their goal was untouched. I don't think they had any desire to copy / paste, edit, overdub etc. anything.
Yes it was, they noted that explicit many times.

But, the Warren Eagles article says, they edit 2 wembley nights in one tape. So I guess I know how our sensetive friends would have reacted, if this was to be released. :smilerolleyes:

And again, this is common procedur. 90% of the concert releases are that way.

I did it with WBSS Helsinki and audio of Gothenburg or Copenhagen (don't remember what fit perfectly). After that I did the whole Helsinki with Copenhagen/Gothenburg. I only mixed the audio. And it is only notible on 2-3 places, cause I didn't edit the video and didn't put too much effort in it. If done proffecianally, you won't notice.

But, the Warren Eagles article says, they edit 2 wembley nights in one tape. So I guess I know how our sensetive friends would have reacted, if this was to be released. :smilerolleyes:

I did it with WBSS Helsinki and audio of Gothenburg or Copenhagen (don't remember what fit perfectly). After that I did the whole Helsinki with Copenhagen/Gothenburg. I only mixed the audio. And it is only notible on 2-3 places, cause I didn't edit the video and didn't put too much effort in it. If done proffecianally, you won't notice.

But it's not an authentic release.

Hmm, it's as authentic as any other concert release. Good enough for me, as long as it results in the best product. I enjoy other concert DVDs by other artists even though I know they're from multiple shows. It's just the way it's done to produce the best product and everybody (except MJ fans) accepts it.

its easy to do it with the history tour... he was lipsyncing...

Can the person who got a response from Warren Eagles please post the email response for a matter of record versus just word of mouth. Not that we don't believe just but a first hand account is always better! Thx!!

This is a footage fom italian tv special for Bad 25 documentary on 31 August 2012
Probabily this is Wembley...i hope it is because the quality is very very good and remember: this is youtube
But I don't know if it is Wembley or not

This is a footage fom italian tv special for Bad 25 documentary on 31 August 2012
Probabily this is Wembley...i hope it is because the quality is very very good and remember: this is youtube

That's definitely Wembley. But have no idea if it's the 16th or not. More crowd shots in that footage than I was expecting, which is good! If you don't have shots of the crowd you don't get the full energy of the show.

There are US Tour clips too. Are all of these film footage because some of those are used in Another Part of Me music video? Doesn't looks like Jumbotron video.

^^ Tbh i feel like the estate should really hurry up digitilizing all the footage that they have as fast as they can. If these are the state that the tapes are in then they have deterioated very badly imo.

Uh... that's just the APOM music video haha

That was shot on film. That's not the concert we will be getting.

Edit: Actually now that I look at it closer it looks like maybe it's been re-edited from the raw footage shot for APOM video. Which begs the question... were other songs shot on film? Or it could just be an unreleased alternate edit from back then.

Last edited:
Come on... it has been confirmed several times that 2 complete wembley`s were shot on film. Just read the board... They just can`t locate the film & u-matics...

Uh... that's just the APOM music video haha

That was shot on film. That's not the concert we will be getting.

Edit: Actually now that I look at it closer it looks like maybe it's been re-edited from the raw footage shot for APOM video. Which begs the question... were other songs shot on film? Or it could just be an unreleased alternate edit from back then.

Off topic, I just wanted to say that I LOVE your siggy thing with all the Bad singles.

I'm just happy we're getting it in any form possible. I'm taking the day off to watch it with my sister on an original 1990 RCA 27" tube TV with a pair of 1980s speakers/amp -- as close to the viewing experience of the era as I can get, with a box of Pepsi Throwback and a stack of pizza. It's going to be a national holiday. ^_^

I have the HQ version and is good quality

for me this is a wonderful quality

vlcsnap-2012-09-05-15h44m43s116.png
vlcsnap-2012-09-05-15h44m48s163.png
vlcsnap-2012-09-05-15h44m53s214.png

vlcsnap-2012-09-05-15h45m04s74.png

vlcsnap-2012-09-05-15h45m57s84.png

vlcsnap-2012-09-05-15h46m23s91.png

vlcsnap-2012-09-05-15h41m45s110.png

vlcsnap-2012-09-05-15h56m31s25.png

Looks AWESOME!! I couldn't be more happy with the quality :) :)

I've been fighting with quality complainers ALOT recently and I knew regardless of looks itd be an amazing performance but HOLY CRAP! The restoration effort was INCREDIBLE! The audio is perfect! This is FANTASTIC!

Well guys, we FINALLY know what the quality will look like and i for one am absolutely stoked. Couldn't be happier. I have downloaded the ORIGINAL trailer (not the compressed youtube version) and compared it to the APOM video which is compressed. The one on the left is the actual DVD quality we are going to get, even slighly better then the APOM video which is on the right.

2mhzst3.jpg

This thread is being closed for oganization purposes for the BAD25 release
We have opened a new thread for members to discuss Wembley DVD Quality.

Wembley DVD critique /Quality - All discussion on the quality of Wembley DVD go here
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...cussion-on-the-quality-of-Wembley-DVD-go-here

This thread is for members who wish to critique the DVD and discuss the quality and technical aspects of the Wembley DVD. Pro or Con . Discuss what other Bad concerts you prefer over this release and any other critique about the DVD. Please try to keep all discussions of this nature in here so as not to derail threads created for other topical discussions of BAD25.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back