A Place With No Name (Second Single from Xscape) Discussion

Re: L.A. Reid confirms A Place With No Name is the next single (released on August 11)

Onir must be happy

I am happy because I think the song has the biggest hit potential and I think it will do well on the charts. But I'm not a big fan of the new version. It's only 5th on my list of favourites from Xscape.

Re: L.A. Reid confirms A Place With No Name is the next single (released on August 11)

If they do choose to have a duet then it will confirm what I suspected. They have con confidence in MJ to have a successful single on his own

Duets are great promotion tactic. Look at Katy Perry or Rihanna. 1st release the single and then 1-2 weeks later release a remix/duet version with big current star. The main single should still be the solo version but radios can decide which version they play. And on iTunes and youtube all versions count as one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS6I_vVunf8

I think both the new version and the original version should be released. That way it can appeal to more people
this!
the original one would be also very radio friendly.

How I feel

Really hope they get creative :D

Last edited:

I kind of agree with you about that animated thingy.

I would be happy if it is
- animation (not hologram)
- previously unseen MJ footage
- short film with known actors (does not need to have MJ in it)

What is the video if MJ is not in it?

He doesn't have to be in it IMO. For example think Elton John - I want love video which has Robert Downey JR and not Elton. or think about Fatboy Slim - Weapon Of Choice with Christopher Walken. Ed Sheeran who is doing pretty good nowadays doesn't appear in all of his videos. As long as they do it proper, I don't think MJ need to be in it or at most subtle - and I mean subtle- nods to him can be incorporated. They have been trying to incorporate MJ into every video - with using old video and concert footages etc- and that's been limiting them creativity wise IMO as they end up with dance to MJ / we love MJ videos which looks like tributes. Don't get me wrong, they are nice and warm but it's just that they have done it a million times now.

Last edited:

- short film with known actors

He doesn't have to be in it IMO. For example think Elton John - I want love video which has Robert Downey JR and not Elton. Ed Sheeran who is doing pretty good nowadays doesn't appear in all of his videos

Or the new single of John Legend.

Look at Liberian Girl video - full of famous people and MJ only shows up for a few seconds at the end. He doesn't appear all that much in Who Is It either, but it's one of his best videos IMO with a story line. They could definitely do something entertaining with the video for APWNN.

We'll see what they come up with.
I wonder if they have video already made or are they only starting making it now?

Doesn't animated videos take long time to do, so would it be too late for it?

We'll see what they come up with.
I wonder if they have video already made or are they only starting making it now?

Doesn't animated videos take long time to do, so would it be too late for it?

Actually, yes. They do take a long time. Unless the Estate had already got started with it but I don't think that is possible. An animated video would be amazing for APWNN especially seeing that Kids are responding to this song more.

I was surprised to see LA Reid stating Michael only recorded songs to release. I Don't doubt this but thought the party line was Michael always over recorded. I think Frank Dileo said this when the postumous Sony deal was announced. Does anyone know who is correct?

:( I wished for Blue Gangsta or Xscape as the 2nd single.

I wanted Blue Gangsta or Chicago. However, I support anything that is released and hope that it is successful.

In our little fantasy it's really hard to say which actors / actresses should be in it. Perhaps a better approach is to ask which actors/actresses are MJ fans and would take part in a video without payment - because honestly I don't see Estate/Sony spending millions on a video.

Excellent point

I was hope it would be STTR but i am very happy with APWNN as the next single good choice.I also agree that this short film has to be different then the ones in the pass it is time for a change. I agree no more i love you MJ.

Last edited:

APWNN has a story line which can result in a decent script. If I was the executors/Sony , I would find a writer to do a decent script. Then I would hire top (A list) director and actor and actress to do the short film. Such A-list names would be enough for the video to go viral and probably chart the single on streaming/video play alone.

They have done quite a lot "We love you MJ" videos with people dancing to MJ songs with previous footage of MJ inserted in. They need to do something different this time IMO.

I agree that APWNN has a storyline. I also agree you you about the director and having an A-list actor and actress act out the script. I wonder if this idea could be sent to the Estate and LA Reid.

Look at Liberian Girl video - full of famous people and MJ only shows up for a few seconds at the end. He doesn't appear all that much in Who Is It either, but it's one of his best videos IMO with a story line. They could definitely do something entertaining with the video for APWNN.

You are right. In the bold do anybody think one of these famous ppls would be apart of this without payment?

Maybe these ideas should be sent to LA Reid and the Estate because the fans know what their want to see.

how about Zac Efron as one of the actors for APWNN.

- short film with known actors (does not need to have MJ in it)

He doesn't have to be in it IMO. For example think Elton John - I want love video which has Robert Downey JR and not Elton. or think about Fatboy Slim - Weapon Of Choice with Christopher Walken. Ed Sheeran who is doing pretty good nowadays doesn't appear in all of his videos. As long as they do it proper, I don't think MJ need to be in it or at most subtle - and I mean subtle- nods to him can be incorporated. They have been trying to incorporate MJ into every video - with using old video and concert footages etc- and that's been limiting them creativity wise IMO as they end up with dance to MJ / we love MJ videos which looks like tributes. Don't get me wrong, they are nice and warm but it's just that they have done it a million times now.

I see your point here maybe that why it is time to make that change. I agree MJ doesn't need to be in the short film all the time because you are right in the end it end up being a tributes to Michael. Let not forget Michael is not in Cry at all that is a short film without MJ.

This is great! Love the song. My kg class loved that song also. It stuck to their heads and they couldn't help singing the chorus over and over. Here's hoping for a creative short film.
Okay guys let's support this one as much as we did LNFSG. :D

Exactly! But also she is naked in almost every video so that helps too.

We got to think of the kids i know their see this on TV but the Estate/Sony has to be polite. That is imo.

Michael was not animated in LMA. The process for that short film was discussed at length in the Bad25 documentary.

I do not believe APWNN should be an animated video. I would prefer DYKWYCA be an animated video because of the mix Timbaland chose and the dark subject matter in Michael's lyrics.

A live action video can easily be done for APWNN. If Estate/Sony has already exhausted a large portion of their Xscape promotion budget on the ridiculous VV performance, they will still find it fairly easy to find top-tier celebrities for this video. This would still be a Michael Jackson video and that still carries weight.

I choose David Lynch, the U.S. director. I am unsure if Johannson is a fan however; the song can easily be played for her before filming and she would most likely enjoy it.

I agree the original and the remix (contemporized) version should be released as well. They can share the same video or have alternate videos.

Maybe LY will be released as the bridging single at the same time in case the remixed APWNN is not acceptable to AC and/or R/B/Hip Hop formats.

I believe Xscape is the best original and best contemporized song. It should be a single however; the best should be saved for last. It should be the last single.

We got to think of the kids i know their see this on TV but the Estate/Sony has to be polite. That is imo.

Of course. I said that in a negative way. I said that she is selling her music by taking off her clothes. I didn't suggest Epic or MJ Estate do anything cheap as that.

“Love Never Felt So Good” the single sold 2.5 million??

APWNN - Michael Jackson Brasil > https://www.facebook.com/SiteMJBrasil?fref=ts

1487453_238357222997176_1808184101_n.png

Come to think about it, there has been a few MJ videos that himself wasn't in it. I cannot believe nobody mention Man In The Mirror:D

Anyways, I was going wild of thinking what kind of video they are going to release and then remembered Madonna's tweets recently.................maybe she is going to be on the video??????

mkgenie;4029860 said:
“Love Never Felt So Good” the single sold 2.5 million??

Where did you get this?

Come to think about it, there has been a few MJ videos that himself wasn't in it. I cannot believe nobody mention Man In The Mirror:D

Actually he was in Man In The Mirror. For a couple of seconds.

It`s from the first post. L.A. Reid said it.

Thanks Annita.
Seemingly my eyes refused to read anything else than news about next single:blush:

@Respect, his appearance in MITM was so brief that you can nearly say he didn't appear in it:D

Last edited:
Back