A Place With No Name (Second Single from Xscape) Discussion

Re: L.A. Reid confirms A Place With No Name is the next single (released on August 11)

Damn! I was hoping for Chicago. That's the best song on the album. Period.

Re: L.A. Reid confirms A Place With No Name is the next single (released on August 11)

Come to think about it, there has been a few MJ videos that himself wasn't in it. I cannot believe nobody mention Man In The Mirror:D

Anyways, I was going wild of thinking what kind of video they are going to release and then remembered Madonna's tweets recently.................maybe she is going to be on the video??????

What did she tweet?

Having Madonna in the video would be awesome!!! I do think she had a lot of respect for him.

It`s from the first post. L.A. Reid said it.

Hmm. I wonder if he is talking about the total album sales in his comment about the 2.5 million sales? I read somewhere that they have shipped 2.5 million copies of the album which they are taking into account for their marketing campaign rather than the actual scanned copies which are about 1.16 million.

No he clearly talks about the song and I think the sales are very likely.

USA: It reached gold for weeks 500000

UK: It reached silver 200000

and it`s selling in all countries constantly

Bs3NoQSIEAAWeVM.jpg

YES!!! A much, MUCH better choice than Loving You. This song WILL fill dance floors, no doubt.

Release both versions to radio please!!

The equivalent of what used to be a double A side would be perfect.

This is the best Michael Jackson single since 'Stranger in Moscow' in my opinion, an unbelievable 18 years ago!!

Damn! I was hoping for Chicago. That's the best song on the album. Period.

LOVE Chicago too. But don't worry. If APWNN is a hit, I think Chicago will be released next. It was the second choice after APWNN for the second single. Moreover, it is on the playlists for several radio staions in the US and has already charted in several countries

Love this choice and I expect the others we love a great deal will follow although not in the order most of us hoped. I am so glad America made such a positive response about Michael and the song. It was good for them too because more people bought their original.

I was also hoping the next would be chicago. I love that song so much. APWNN is awesome too though. so I'm happy all around. I do hope after this single. the next single will be chicago.

Come to think about it, there has been a few MJ videos that himself wasn't in it. I cannot believe nobody mention Man In The Mirror:D

Anyways, I was going wild of thinking what kind of video they are going to release and then remembered Madonna's tweets recently.................maybe she is going to be on the video??????

I too think that somehow Madonna is going to be apart of something relating to MJ from her recent posts about him. Like someone said to me, Madonna does'nt do things without a reason.

Place With No Name, Loving You, Chicago... any of the 3 would have been a good choice. Hopefully one of the other 2 or both will also be singles.

I am not hopefully for a Madonna-involving in the video. I would rathr prefer a good storyline video directed from a respected and famous director.

I've been listening to the original version of APWNN, love the guitar... unseen studio footage or a storyline video as mentioned above would be wonderful.

Boyfriend: "I really like APWNN, apart from the first few lyrics... they don't make any sense"
Me: "What? What lyrics?"
Boyfriend: "The bit about teeth..."

It turns out he thought the line was "my teeth began to rot" instead of "my jeep began to rock"

:D:D

I've been listening to the original version of APWNN, love the guitar... unseen studio footage or a storyline video as mentioned above would be wonderful.

i like both versions actually. love the chords in the original version.

After seeing this (a sig pic of a poster here), it made me think of APWNM.

Not a jeep, but a car in the desert :D

aEeyJ.jpg

I hope the title track is the 3rd single.

@msdeweydiva

i hope you don't mind, me stealing your signature and using it as avatar. Michael looks so good with some skintone. so healthy and normal. i don't want to start any discussion about his appearance, but if he used some darker makeup and not so pale like always, people wolud have, at least on his looks, more positive view. i don't understand why he didn't see it, why no one told him.

i know this isn't actual picture (color and contrast), but this is to me the best picture of him from his last 10 years.

I'm glad you like the pic, lom kit. :D {He's so damn handsome. :wub:}

Ooooooh. Now THIS is cool, cool, cool. I had been imagining some kind of animated space thing-where the place with no name was a strange planet-mainly to tie in with that album cover.

BUT I just LOVE this-maybe they could make some kind of cool animated versions of Michael and Naomi for the story.

085443wwlwlw5yo6heyb6z.jpg

085443v7ff3ccwwcf3rfqv.jpg

Exclusive: Cirque's MJ ONE has done a tribute video for A Place With No Name

just like what IMMORTAL did with Blue Gangsta

It is confirmed by my source.

Last edited:

When I play the original version, I imagine desert landscapes (though that might be because I have very fond memories of cruising through the desert on GTA: San Andreas, listening to America's original version :)).

When I play the updated version, I imagine the desert at the beginning but am then transported to some utopian-like world, with huge high-rising buildings... similar to Metropolis or Coruscant (a city planet from Star Wars), except every thing is beautiful, bright and lush. Just like you have Central Park tucked away in the middle of New York, you also have stunning parks dotted amongst the city, with more lush plains further surrounding the city.

I think out of all of the short films that Michael would've created for this album, A Place With No Name is the film I would've looked most forward to :)

Capturar-137.jpg

1259263080740.png
girl_in_white_Wallpaper_31x23.jpg

Dark_Desert_by_nikonchadetumadre.jpg

il_fullxfull.326318808.jpg

Is pretty much what I envision. I wonder where they will really take us? So much you can do with a song like this :D

Edit~Oh but Ive just seen mkgenie post

Last edited:

085443wwlwlw5yo6heyb6z.jpg

085443v7ff3ccwwcf3rfqv.jpg

Exclusive: Cirque's MJ ONE has done a tribute video for A Place With No Name

just like what IMMORTAL did with Blue Gangsta

It is confirmed by my source.

But that's not the official video? Right?

218rw7.jpg

So, the image is not mine, but it's a beautiful depiction and I added the text.

Among the best songs on the album. The new mix deserves the recognition, IMO.

Yessss cosign 100000000 times ms dewey :D Its so good to know most of the fam feel the same way with this video and what some of us really are Anticipating eager/longing to see here :heart: That's a sweet feelin.

Its so good to know most of the fam feel the same way with this video and what some of us really are Anticipating eager/longing to see here :heart:

No offense, I do not want an animated video. APWNN is the second single and I hope it will be live actors.

Back