A Place Without No Name (Stargate 2014) Stream

Well there's one thing that can be said for sure, all the fans moaning about the earlier releases havings Mikes vocal track too low won't complain about this one!
This is ALL about his vocal. Pure.

This is the WORST thing ever! It's so bad, it sounds like a bad midi remake of "Leave Me Alone", why they copied that I'll never know. They turned his harmonies (best part of the song) down on the chorus and made them mono, the music sounds absolutely terrible!!!! (Ok, I like the drums but even they are quite repetitive)

Terrible I say!! lol Original demo for me thanks!

My opinion to the Album Xscape:

TIMBALAND RUINED XSCAPE!! -.-

Seriously??? Timbaland didn't produce this. Judging from the Timbaland snippets I've heard, he did an OUTSTANDING job, better than the project he did with Justin Timberlake 20/20 Experience

Safe to say this is the most controversial song so far on the album in the fan community. :D

I'm curious to see how the general public will receive this.

Well I love the song itself and think Michael kills it on the vocal delivery as usual, but I would much rather have something other than a blatant Leave Me Alone sample over and over and over and over. I already have a song that does that, Leave Me Alone, and it just reminds me how much better that song is.

quite a few people on this board flip out like children whenever something doesn't go exactly the way they think it should TO THEM. I hope they're not like this in their day to day lives.

I'd also like to point out that when MJ was alive and Rock my World came out the song got SAVAGED on these boards by the same people who now pretend everything he did was pure gold to them. I remember reading the comments that it was 'boring' and 'dated' and 'not modern'.

This wasn't my fave so far .. but I gave it a few listens now I'm really digging it. You still get the demos. Give the dramatics a rest.

Thank god there are a few people on this board who give things a chance.

Oh and great idea - getting on twitter and bagging the album before people have even had a chance to purchase it. Great promo. I'm sure some fans these days get pleasure from ruining things.

I REALLY love it! The pumping bass and bass drum along with the awesome vocals will make this an classic.
The clubs will love it.

quite a few people on this board flip out like children whenever something doesn't go exactly the way they think it should TO THEM. I hope they're not like this in their day to day lives.

I'd also like to point out that when MJ was alive and Rock my World came out the song got SAVAGED on these boards by the same people who now pretend everything he did was pure gold to them. I remember reading the comments that it was 'boring' and 'dated' and 'not modern'.

This wasn't my fave so far .. but I gave it a few listens now I'm really digging it. You still get the demos. Give the dramatics a rest.

Oh and great idea - getting on twitter and bagging the album before people have even had a chance to purchase it. Great promo. I'm sure some fans these days get pleasure from ruining things.

There is not any more "dramatics" in those negative opinions than in this post of yours. Some fans do not like it, why can't they say so?

^^^ THIS

Yeah sure it's very different, im not a fan of the verses, but i always expect there to be at least 1 or 2 songs on an album that aren't as strong as the rest. I mean on Michael there's like 4 good tracks out of the 10 on there (7 if we're being completely honest here). Thus far, this is a stronger album than Michael... i would also like to reiterate what arnspecs said... it aint all about you, so stop ruining this

Dude, this is a discussion board. Not everyone is gonna agree with you, but don't put down those that don't. Thanks.

I'm liking this song very much :) it makes the vocals sound real good. Sure its different from the original but that's a good thing.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN SOMEONE APPROVE THIS ALLRIGHT??????????????

Just love how on APWNN the producers were also able to dig out Windows 95 to create a midi tune for the background and combine it with a repetitive beat from a Britney Spears type track.

Just beautiful.

You waited your whole life to work with MJ and THAT is the finished product? Lol.

Can you imagine to BS that was going round the boardroom when everyone convinced each other they nailed it? Lol. Like MJ would EVER allow that to be "complete".

Give me the demo honestly, this is just a rubbish unthoughtful remix. Next!

Dude, this is a discussion board. Not everyone is gonna agree with you, but don't put down those that don't. Thanks.

It's fine to not like it. And to say your don't like it. What I'm saying is , the people who write in caps 'THE ALBUM IS RUINED' and go round hashtagging on twitter #XSCAPE followed by 'it's terrible' etc.

Those are the only people I'm talking about.

I think the breaths are a bit oversampled at the beginning, but I LOVE IT!

Sounds great to me, much prefer the new version to the original demo.

I think this is the most worst crap on the album , why the hell they used a 'Leave me Alone' sample

Sounds great to me, much prefer the new version to the original demo.

Me too! I had to be in a particular mood to be able to listen to the demo without finding the production a little boring. It never really goes anywhere, in my opinion. I find this new production a lot more interesting. However, there will always be a time and a place for the demo. :)

The demo paints a clearer picture of wandering through the desert, but the new production adds more depth and excitement to the whole track.

Well, that's it. The credit of trust is used up. That's now completely turning into some kind of commercial mess. Like I believe there was a person above this all who said "Ok, we've got some unreleased material by Michael Jackson, it's outdated and we've got to make it sound modern so that people will buy it. Our main criteria is modernity and everything else is following".
The work is done soooo damn bad, I've heard stuff from amateurs that sound MUCH more professional than this. Like... I don't know, 'Bad' Remix by Tag Team, for example (that's just the first thing that popped up in my mind, I haven't listened to many remixes). It sounds 10 times more Michaelish (and well, pretty modern too, although I first heard it like 5 or 6 years ago and I think it wasn't new then) than everything from Xscape yet. Considering there already was a finished version of the song that was done by Michael himself and sounded outstanding, and it's gonna be the one to compare to after listening, I think those Tag Team guys did much better job than those who do Xscape. And still there should be people who could do it even more professionally.
So whoever is capable of the stuff for Xscape (and those might not be actually the ones who do the songs, I don't who, but there's got to be someone behind this mess, some kind of crappy manager who knows nothing about music) doesn't FEEL what Michael was about. He was not about making stuff that sounds up-to-date. He was about being himself and making music that he felt, that later turned into standards and pulled apart into ideas. So of course it's impossible to 100% clearly reproduce Michael's style of arranging a song, but it could be WAY, WAY better than this.
I may just not be a fan of popular modern music (actually, I think of it as of a bullsh*t), but I can only imagine Michael facepalming, bowing his head and laughing at the same time listening to the Xscape.
That's it, I'm done whining. Sorry for this heartfelt cry, I had to write it.

Pros
More MJ influence than America. The second half of it is okay though.
Cons
Why CAN'T it be influenced by America? Why force it to have LMA bassline?

Well, that's it. The credit of trust is used up. That's now completely turning into some kind of commercial mess. Like I believe there was a person above this all who said "Ok, we've got some unreleased material by Michael Jackson, it's outdated and we've got to make it sound modern so that people will buy it. Our main criteria is modernity and everything else is following".
The work is done soooo damn bad, I've heard stuff from amateurs that sound MUCH more professional than this. Like... I don't know, 'Bad' Remix by Tag Team, for example (that's just the first thing that popped up in my mind, I haven't listened to many remixes). It sounds 10 times more Michaelish (and well, pretty modern too, although I first heard it like 5 or 6 years ago and I think it wasn't new then) than everything from Xscape yet. Considering there already was a finished version of the song that was done by Michael himself and sounded outstanding, and it's gonna be the one to compare to after listening, I think those Tag Team guys did much better job than those who do Xscape. And still there should be people who could do it even more professionally.
So whoever is capable of the stuff for Xscape (and those might not be actually the ones who do the songs, I don't who, but there's got to be someone behind this mess, some kind of crappy manager who knows nothing about music) doesn't FEEL what Michael was about. He was not about making stuff that sounds up-to-date. He was about being himself and making music that he felt, that later turned into standards and pulled apart into ideas. So of course it's impossible to 100% clearly reproduce Michael's style of arranging a song, but it could be WAY, WAY better than this.
I may just not be a fan of popular modern music (actually, I think of it as of a bullsh*t), but I can only imagine Michael facepalming, bowing his head and laughing at the same time listening to the Xscape.
That's it, I'm done whining. Sorry for this heartfelt cry, I had to write it.

Yes, you're whining!

I enjoyed it. The throw back to LMA isn't something I'd consider a bad thing, and the idea this ruins Xscape, an album that comes with the original demos, doesn't really register with me at all...

I prefer Loving You, but this is solid.

I GOT IT!!!! They just took music from the Moonwalker Arcade Game and added it to APWNN!!!!

I enjoyed it. The throw back to LMA isn't something I'd consider a bad thing, and the idea this ruins Xscape, an album that comes with the original demos, doesn't really register with me at all...

I prefer Loving You, but this is solid.

I agree. I really like it, actually. I can understand why some people don't though. When the Throwback Mix of Hollywood Tonight came out I remember being outraged at the fact that they sampled Billie Jean. I found it completely unnecessary; "Mike does not need to sample his own songs!" I thought.

But this is not a sample, which I think is an important difference. It's a respectful nod to a classic, and it's done in good taste. Sure, it's not necessary. But I think it's dignifying.

Back