A Place Without No Name (Stargate 2014) Stream

Ffs, when are MJ fans EVER happy!? It's fine not to like something but there's no need to rant on like it's the end of the world!

Ohhh, they destroyed MJ original track.

This new production it´s awful.. like the album concept.

You can´t try to use music from different eras and try to sound like new.

I know I'm going to be in the minority on this one, but I much prefer this to the demo version.

The demo just sounded like MJ singing over the instrumental to someone elses song. This new version gives the song its own identity.

I like it.

I am happy that the new and original versions don't sound the same!

I dont know what some of you expect of the Re-Makes from modern producers?
For sure they try to create a modern version, so the Remakes fit perfectly in 2014.

For those who want to listen to the original stuff, you got the 2nd half on the DELUXE CD!
Be happy! The young generation will enjoy this newly produced tracks (including me) IF fans stop posting negativity about it! :chillin:

My words to the new Version:
WOW! Amazing beat!
Bit too much breath in the intro
but when the beat droped I wasn't able to close my mouth until the end of the song, when I heard it the first time. Wonderful new version. NO effects on Michaels Vocals!
As mentioned before: The club and so I will love this one!

I also can't wait for the original version. Both will be great to have.

Last edited:
I wonder if Windows 95 midi player will get a boost in sales too?

MJ was right:

B&W: M, what do you think of BOTDF, are you satisfied with that album?

M, immediately- I'm never satisfied with anything, if it was for me, no album woul ever come out...(*sigh!*)
B&W: What do you think of the remixes they did of your songs?

M: The least I can say is that I don't like them...I don't like it that they come in and change my songs completely, (*Dear Michael, I don't like it either....poor baby!*) But Sony says that the kids love remixes...

B&W: That is not true! The kids don't love the remixes that much, especially those on BOTDF!

M: I knew it! I was sure!
Throwing a fist in the air, then he shakes his head sighing

Just to bring a positive spin on things, its worth listening to the track with plenty of bass on a decent system or headphones. Makes a huge difference

People gonna be alot more disappointed the fort coming days I guess.. Remember that these producers did this for us and for Michael.. And he is not here anymore, so he can't correct anyone. Be happy with the way they approach this project. And be happy they put the original tracks on the album. Also remember that every one knows these tracks are messed around with and that these were not released because they were not finished.

I never particularly cared for the original, but weirdly enough, I really dig this.

One of the rare cases where I think I will take this as the definitive version over the original.

MJ was right:
B&W: M, what do you think of BOTDF, are you satisfied with that album?

M, immediately- I'm never satisfied with anything, if it was for me, no album woul ever come out...(*sigh!*)
B&W: What do you think of the remixes they did of your songs?

M: The least I can say is that I don't like them...I don't like it that they come in and change my songs completely, (*Dear Michael, I don't like it either....poor baby!*) But Sony says that the kids love remixes...

B&W: That is not true! The kids don't love the remixes that much, especially those on BOTDF!

M: I knew it! I was sure!
Throwing a fist in the air, then he shakes his head sighing

That interview apparently came out in July 1996, almost a whole year before BOTDF was even released. How are they even talking about BOTDF, let alone what people think of it...

I can see where they are going with the song. I like that they tried to create something different to the demo.

But using sounds like this is a bit too cheap for my taste. Like some people say, it sounds like some old 80s game sound. APWNN deserves way better than that.

I don't like how they copy pasted ad libs in certain places (like intro, some chorus, etc.)

But I love how they brought forward the lead vocals and the vocals in the backgrounds. Hope they did something similar for the original versions

EDIT: Of course, very uncreative to just blatantly rip off Leave Me Alone bassline and use it as the drive in the song.

First one I haven't liked so far. I'm hoping it grows on me but I actually listened to it on YouTube and thought it was fan made.......then went to another video and it was the same version and again I thought it was fan made until I started to realise this was the album version.

I've loved the first three songs, absolutely loved them, if I don't end up liking this it won't be the end of the world as I'll always have the original version. :)

That interview apparently came out in July 1996, almost a whole year before BOTDF was even released. How are they even talking about BOTDF, let alone what people think of it...

That was a mistake of the people who said it was from 1996.

Look:

B&W: In 96 we went to NY to see Ghosts, after that the film has been modified: Is it Scary and Ghosts have been added to the original Soundtrack, who decided to do that?

M: Stan Winston thought we should put more songs in the film, so we did, but I thought that the first version was good, I was satisfied. Then he looks at a picture of him in SA walking with a bunch of kids

That was a mistake of the people who said it was from 1996.

Look:
B&W: In 96 we went to NY to see Ghosts, after that the film has been modified: Is it Scary and Ghosts have been added to the original Soundtrack, who decided to do that? M: Stan Winston thought we should put more songs in the film, so we did, but I thought that the first version was good, I was satisfied. Then he looks at a picture of him in SA walking with a bunch of kids

Ahh ok, thanks!

Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN SOMEONE APPROVE THIS ALLRIGHT??????????????

Hey- chill. We approve posts as soon as we can. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

Why do they do stuff like just blatantly rip off the Leave Me Alone sample?

Was gonna say it. Has the same sound as Leave Me Alone imo.

It has a nice catchy beath though.

Last edited:
EDIT: Of course, very uncreative to just blatantly rip off Leave Me Alone bassline and use it as the drive in the song.

I know why you complain about, but this synths just fit perfectly to this song. :) I am not able to say anything against this new version. My new favorite now (4,5/5)

very impressed , love it , cant see why ppl dont like the remix version :eek:

Originally Posted by Pentum

EDIT: Of course, very uncreative to just blatantly rip off Leave Me Alone bassline and use it as the drive in the song.)

Personally, I think it's very creative as APWNN and LMA are completely different songs with completely different sounds. Like I said earlier in the thread, this is not a sample (not saying that's what you said but others have). It's not like the Throwback Mix of Hollywood Tonight where they literally copied and pasted in Billie Jean. This is a polite nod to a classic that is done with dignity and respect.

The instrument and mix of demo version is appropriate for the lyric. The lyric of a place with no name is like a poetry showing a man's struggle between reality and ideal.

But the 2014 mix version makes it sounds like a song that will be played at party or something like that. sigh

Aniram;3998515 said:
Why do they do stuff like just blatantly rip off the Leave Me Alone sample?

I heard the Leave Me Alone in the background as well. But, I must say, I was surprised, when I first heard the song (I can´t tell yet whether pleasantly or not :))

Hmm. I think I have to hear this version some times before it really sinks in..

Have they slowed down MJ's vocals? - It feels like the entire tempo of the song is a bit slow...

I love the fact that the vocals are so clear, and the last chourus nearly accapella (music is very low and MJ's vocal loud and clear!) that is great!

I am not over the moon yet - but as I write this I am hearing it for the 4th time - and it is actually growing on me already. - Just need to get the demo out of my head so I do not compare too much. :)

It's lost its 'western' sound. It had a western theme to it similar to 'Whatever Happens', it's like re-making Whatever Happens and taking away the acoustic guitar and whistles from it, it loses its identity.

I hate to be negative because I have LOVED the first three tracks, but they got it wrong on this one. They could of done a much better job with it.

Uhm ok wow. I shouldn't have listened to the snippet because those 30 seconds sounded like a mess... I will save judgement until i hear the full song.

Seriously??? Timbaland didn't produce this. Judging from the Timbaland snippets I've heard, he did an OUTSTANDING job, better than the project he did with Justin Timberlake 20/20 Experience
He didn't ? Who did it ?
Seems like i wasn't enough online last time.

So then... whoever produce it did ruin it...

I'm sure the full album is a Desaster..
I don't care if people play this in clubs and disco..
More important for me is to have a Sound which really fit Michael's Style...
This album sounds like Justin Bieber produced it...
I'm really, really disappointed.

Last edited:
I really was not a fan of the song at first, but it's probably because I loved the original so much.

After a few listens I'll say that the song has grown on me, especially after discovering the Leave Me Alone homage in the synth construction. I don't prefer this mix over the original, but it accomplishes the estate's goal of keeping Michael's music accessible and relevant to the general public.

The original leaked mix seemed like a complete song to me, luckily we're getting both versions to appease all.

I know we all love Michael (fan since birth 1988'), but there's a billion other people on planet that are potential customers! The estate has to market to those people as well.

Back