Adele

Adele has been nominated for 6 Grammys!! I know she will be a big winner in February, she deserves it!

Here are her nominations:

Record of the Year – Rolling In The Deep
Song of the Year – Rolling In The Deep
Album of the Year – 21
Best Pop Solo Performance – Someone Like You
Best Pop Vocal Album – 21
Best Short Form Music Video – Rolling In The Deep

raz2911;3549749 said:
Adele has been nominated for 6 Grammys!! I know she will be a big winner in February, she deserves it!

Here are her nominations:

Record of the Year – Rolling In The Deep
Song of the Year – Rolling In The Deep
Album of the Year – 21
Best Pop Solo Performance – Someone Like You
Best Pop Vocal Album – 21
Best Short Form Music Video – Rolling In The Deep

:woohoo:

Christine3110;3549757 said:
♥

[video=youtube;y4CkAMHnkYI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4CkAMHnkYI&list=FLWTe0m3HyeiuCwOUDw85XGg&index=2&feature=plpp_video[/video]

I love this song. :heart: Makes me think of Michael. :girl_sigh:

Just got the Adele DVD live at the Royal Albert Hall and its amazing!! Its so refreshing to see an artist of today who actually sounds the same, in fact better live :D

I still want that DVD. Love her albums and indeed it's so refreshing to see an artist who writes her own lyrics and music and who sounds the same when singing live.
All those awards shows nowaydays make my hair stand up because of how bad the performances are.

I'm curious to read:

414BFAEgKtL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

[h=2]Book Description[/h]Publication Date: April 1, 2012
The compelling life story of the Grammy-winning soul singer

Adele's soulful voice, catchy hits, and vulnerable personality have won her critical acclaim and huge popularity. She has topped the charts in 18 countries—but who is she? What is the truth of the tempestuous life that has so influenced her heartbreaking tracks? How did she overcome the challenges that threatened to derail her career? This compelling book traces her story from her childhood in London, where she began singing at the age of four. During her teenage years she wrote her own music and attended the BRIT school, alongside the likes of Leona Lewis. After posting demos on the MySpace website she earned a record deal and quickly captured hearts. Adele remains an unlikely icon. Her looks are unusual in a formulaic world of celebrity image, she suffers badly with pre-stage nerves, and she once canceled a crucial promotional trip to the U.S. because she felt too down to travel. This is a full, unflinching portrait of a genuine talent and inspiring, uncompromising woman—the curvy girl-next-door who conquered the world.

http://www.amazon.com/Adele-Biograp...r_1_10?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1323904168&sr=1-10

:woohoo:

Brittany Loggins
TODAY
March 28, 2017
adele-concert-today-170305-tease-03_608839307294bc16f0b2862a15cfe704.today-inline-large.jpg

Adele performs at The Gabba on March 4, 2017 in Brisbane, Australia.

Adele may be, without question, one of the least debated talents of our time — and that's because everyone loves her. So you can imagine how many hearts were shattered on Monday when she announced during her "25" world tour in Auckland, New Zealand, that she may be done with touring. Turns out, it's just not her thing.

"Touring isn't something I'm good at," Adele announced to the audience during her concert. "Applause makes me feel a bit vulnerable."

While being onstage night after night before thousands of screaming fans remains the dream of many, it's also understandable to find the lifestyle uncomfortable.

"I don't know if I will ever tour again," Adele continued. "The only reason I've toured is you. I'm not sure if touring is my bag."

The TODAY team was clearly disappointed — most have even attended one of her concerts.
"It was the best concert I ever saw," said Savannah Guthrie. "Amazing — and it was just her!"

And while Matt Lauer agreed with Guthrie, the singer made it clear: This isn't about the audience, but about doing what's best for herself.

One thing is for sure — if she actually ends up putting this plan into action — the chart-topping star will be greatly missed on stage.

Adele is a greatest vocalist but her music is so boring. This new song like pretty much all of her songs is depressing and extremely boring.

With Emmy Win, Adele Just Needs Tony Award to EGOT
by Jazz Tangcay | September 3, 2022 | Variety
adele-one-night-only.jpg

Adele is one step closer to achieving EGOT status after winning the Emmy Award for outstanding variety special (pre-recorded) for her CBS special, “One Night Only.”

With multiple Grammy Awards under her belt and an Academy Award for best original song, the singer and songwriter only needs a Tony Award to achieve the elusive EGOT. It is a title given to artists who have won an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony.

The special aired last November and included a new sit-down interview with Oprah Winfrey. It was billed as her “first televised wide-ranging conversation about her new album ’30,’ the stories behind the songs, life after divorce, weight loss and raising her son.”

On divorce and family, she told Winfrey, “I was just so disappointed for my son. I was so disappointed for myself, and I thought I was gonna be the one that stopped doing those bloody patterns all the time.”

Adele opened the special with her Grammy award-winning song, “Hello.” It was her first performance in six years. She went on to preview three tracks from her fourth studio album, “I Drink Wine,” “Hold On” and “Love Is a Game.”

“One Night Only” earned a total of five nominations including directing for a variety special, lighting design/ lighting direction for a variety special, sound mixing for a variety series or special and technical direction/ camerawork/ video control for a special.

Adele has now jumped ahead of Lady Gaga, who was also nominated in the category for her special with Tony Bennett, “One Last Time: An Evening With Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga.”

Only 17 people have managed to achieve EGOT status. The group includes Audrey Hepburn, Rita Moreno and Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Most recently, Jennifer Hudson joined the EGOT club on June 13 after winning the Tony Award for best musical as a producer on “A Strange Loop.”

12m 15s - 12m 55s for Adele's thoughts on Tik Tok.

"If everyone's making music for the TikTok, who's making the music for my generation? Who's making the music for my peers? I will do that job gladly" - Adele.

Adele interviewed by Zane Lowe, Nov 2021

she is wonderful. I adore her and her creativity. and now she looks simply perfect, especially as always her make-up is perfect and her hair is beautiful
Yeah I like her style now. actually shes quite reminiscent of the 90's models regarding her make up. Beautiful eyes ...

Back