After 'Michael', what do you think Sony should release next as part of the 10 project deal?

below. although he does say at least one more album.but thats hardly implying theres gonna be alot more releases

New Coda: 'Michael' Album Finishes Songs He Didn't

By CHRISTOPHER JOHN FARLEY

On his signature song "Thriller," Michael Jackson sang about things that came back from the grave. You can add his recording career to the list.

On Dec. 14, "the King of Pop" will resurface with a new album titled "Michael." The set features 10 songs that were completed after the singer's death in 2009 at the age of 50.

Sony Corp.'s Epic Records plans to ship nearly one million copies of the new record to stores, according to Billboard magazine. Mr. Jackson's estate has earned about $275 million over the past year, according to a person familiar with the matter. The estate's revenue came largely from its deal with Sony Music, the film "This Is It," and from music-publishing revenue.

John Branca, a co-manager of the Jackson estate, said that after making "This Is It," a wealth of unreleased material surfaced. "It would have been a sin to leave it in the vaults," Mr. Branca said.

Some of the songs on "Michael" were originally recorded in the New Jersey home of the Cascios—a family Mr. Jackson stayed with in 2007—an informal arrangement that spurred some critics and fans to question the authenticity of the tracks.

Representatives of the estate said they verified that the tracks used on "Michael" really featured his voice by playing them for musical experts, including producers who had worked with Mr. Jackson.

Mr. Branca said that Mr. Jackson left behind numerous vocal tracks and "in terms of material that we might feel comfortable releasing," there is enough for at least another album, in addition to "Michael."

Singer-songwriter Akon, who co-produced the first single off "Michael," titled "Hold My Hand," said the song was essentially completed before Mr. Jackson passed away. The theme of the composition, Akon said, captured the way that Mr. Jackson wanted to relaunch his career. "He wanted to come back with records that would bring the world together," said Akon, who also sang on the track.

Producer Teddy Riley, who worked on several songs on the new record, said that the tracks Mr. Jackson left behind were in various stages of completion. To prepare them, Mr. Riley added drums and sound effects and did some remixing.

Mr. Riley, who worked with Mr. Jackson on his 1991 album "Dangerous" and several other projects, said that the singer would have enjoyed the debate about whether the posthumous tracks should have been released.

"He loved the controversy—that's what Michael lived for," Mr. Riley said. "He's looking down on all this and smiling."

Mr. Riley says there is a salsa-flavored song called "Burn Tonight" that didn't make "Michael" that could get a future release. "It's not what people would expect from Michael," he said. "It's like something from 'Dancing with the Stars."'

Mr. Branca said that the next big project for the Jackson estate will be a re-release of his 1979 album "Off The Wall." It will likely include alternate takes, remixes and perhaps some previously unheard material.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...2357926964.html

A DVD with all his award performances and acceptance speeches would be nice as well as the 30th anniversary special.

-5 DVD/Blu Ray boxset of the Bad, Dangerous, HIStory, MJ & Friends and 30th Anniversary performances

-Re-release Vision in the BEST quality possible on DVD and Blu Ray. Take some time and do it right. If it takes a year or 2, go ahead, just do his short films justice and include ALL the short films

-Release Ghosts on DVD and Blu Ray

-Release Making Michael Jackson's Thriller on DVD and Blu Ray

-Release a follow up to "Michael". A 2 CD set of unreleased material

-Release a 4 CD boxset of unreleased songs, alternate takes, and demos from 1973 to 2009

-Release an album of remixes and new songs to co-incide with the Immortal show

-Release deluxe editions of Bad, Dangerous, and Off The Wall in the same vein as David Bowie's new reissues

A 100% Michael Jackson album with no nonsense tracks. Bad tour on DVD in great quality.

Probably neither will happen though.

-5 DVD/Blu Ray boxset of the Bad, Dangerous, HIStory, MJ & Friends and 30th Anniversary performances

-Re-release Vision in the BEST quality possible on DVD and Blu Ray. Take some time and do it right. If it takes a year or 2, go ahead, just do his short films justice and include ALL the short films

-Release Ghosts on DVD and Blu Ray

-Release Making Michael Jackson's Thriller on DVD and Blu Ray

-Release a follow up to "Michael". A 2 CD set of unreleased material

-Release a 4 CD boxset of unreleased songs, alternate takes, and demos from 1973 to 2009

-Release an album of remixes and new songs to co-incide with the Immortal show

-Release deluxe editions of Bad, Dangerous, and Off The Wall in the same vein as David Bowie's new reissues

LOVE your list :D

NOW after this, they could release a dvd of some tour, i would love some Victory tour DVD and CD :)

Sony please, all i want is that in the future you DO NOT USE FAKE SINGERS!!!!!!!!, i prefer ten million times just a 3 song album, but with the REAL MJ SINGING ON ALL TRACKS... hope you can hear my message and im sure its Michaels wish too, he was a perfectionist. RESPECT HIM! he is making you and has made you what you are, give some respect back...

Last edited:
1) OTW 30... I want to hear some OTW outtakes... I don't care if I'm alone in that. :3

2) A bad tour DVD of first and second leg with special scenes.

3) Triumph DVD remastered... ( *___* MJ WAS SO HOT and a BOLT OF ENERGY DURING THIS ERA...)

Agree with the above^^

You are definitely not alone with the OTW outtakes. OTW is my favourite album and to hear other songs from this era would be amazing! :D

Would Invincible 10 and Dangerous 20 work in the same year? Wouldn't it be like Sony canceling out the sales and deviding some/most fans on which they buy?

Like many others before me, the Bad tour, Wembley preferably, but I would gladly buy LA :)
Ghosts in blue ray, people!! It would be about time!
I would love an album with pure, raw Michael : demos, a capellas. Not finished, not edited, not polished. Just as he left them.

Bad tour, Victory tour (we KNOW they have the footage - release it already!) but also anything else from TII would be much appreciated.

A Greatest Hits album

... except this one will include Hold My Hand :wild:

After many years, we're finally getting some new material and you want to go back to the previous modus operandi?!:rolleyes:

As if the last ten years haven't given us enough greatest hits compilations to saturate the market:

HIStory: Greatest Hits (which itself is just the same CD as HIStory Disc 1), Number Ones, The Ultimate Collection (an admittedly superb release), The Essential Michael Jackson, King of Pop, This Is It soundtrack. I could be forgetting others. We don't need another one with or without 'Hold My Hand' on it!

If there had been only one greatest hits compilation (not including The Ultimate Collection box set which the general public will not buy), I think it could've rivalled Bad or Dangerous in sales but as it is all these redundant collections competed against each other for the casual listener's interest.

Back