Dangerous
Thriller/Threatened medley
Beat It
We are the World
Earth Song.
Billie Jean
Will you be there
Heal the world

NOTE: They are not in order. And they are just the songs that were supposedly rehearsed. That doesn't mean they were gonna be on the final setlist we never got the chance to see.

If you use the tool SEARCH instead of opening a new thread, you should have realised there's a discussion about this already.

Re: Tracking list for THIS IS IT

Here's an article about the show and the set list:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69266&highlight=leslie

So far so good, the only confirmed songs , should have been:

Wanne Be Startin' Somethin'
Jam
They Don't Care About Us
Human Nature
Smooth Criminal
The Way You Make Me Feel
Dirty Diana
Black or White
Jackson 5 Medley
Off the Wall
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Dangerous
Beat It
We are the World
Earth Song.
Billie Jean
Will you be there
Heal the world

NOTE: They are not in order. And they are just the songs that were supposedly rehearsed. That doesn't mean they were gonna be on the final setlist we never got the chance to see.

If you use the tool SEARCH instead of opening a new thread, you should have realised there's a discussion about this already.

You left out Man In The Mirror which closed the show. Will You Be There was not performed.

If jam was performed i would of been the happiest person EVER :(

Here's an article about the show and the set list:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69266&highlight=leslie

So far so good, the only confirmed songs , should have been:

Wanne Be Startin' Somethin'
Jam
They Don't Care About Us
Human Nature
Smooth Criminal
The Way You Make Me Feel
Dirty Diana
Black or White
Jackson 5 Medley
Off the Wall
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Dangerous
Beat It
We are the World
Earth Song.
Billie Jean
Will you be there
Heal the world

????????

Are you all crazy;-) The setlist is totaly boring. Always the same songs like Black or White, I just can´t stop loving you etc.
Why not Remember the Time, Who is it instead of Black or White and Why not Liberian Girl, Break of Dawn, Whatever Happens instead of the same ole I just can´t stop loving you.

We had the BIIIIIIGGGGGGGGG oppurtunity to vote for the setlist. Mike himself checked the list you all have voted for the same ole songs we´ve hear 100 times before????? This is crazy.Bad taste people seriously this is bad taste. The This is it Concerts were for the hardcore fans who were always there for him a present for us so Mike let us vote for the songs and the list above was voted???
Where for example are the songs from invincible?????????? 30 seconds of Threatened rofl

I thought only the media did not like Invincible and the fans loved it????

I guess I was wrong not only the media also the fans don´t like Invincible Songs very much -this is very sad!!!!!

So please don´t tell me Invincible is a great MJ album. The songlist above speaks more than 1000 words. Very sad.
And what was Michael thinking when he saw that the invincible songs got so few votes.

Last edited:

^^ WTF is wrong with you. Which other artist could have 100 super hits too choose from? This list is not official, and it is not the final setlist.

I would love to hear jam, dirty diana, off the wall! Any song is good, people like you never was happy. I bet you was one of them complaining about this tour.

^^ WTF is wrong with you. .

What is wrong??? I tell you what is wrong. I don´t like liars!!

If you go to MJ boards the fans always say Invincible is a masterpiece Sony and the Media destroyed the album.

Big words but where were all the fans of the invincible album when it comes to voting for the setlist??

The setlist shows Invincible is not much loved at all-and that makes me sad.

sppechless was rumoured to of been rehersed a least once

That would be really nice!

But why Jam?? It would´ve been so amazing if he had opend the concert with unbreakable. After all the shit people had done to him to stand for thousand fans and open with Unbreakable-

the setlist is a rumor, no one even knows for sure, so relax

????????

Are you all crazy;-) The setlist is totaly boring. Always the same songs like Black or White, I just can´t stop loving you etc.
Why not Remember the Time, Who is it instead of Black or White and Why not Liberian Girl, Break of Dawn, Whatever Happens instead of the same ole I just can´t stop loving you.

We had the BIIIIIIGGGGGGGGG oppurtunity to vote for the setlist. Mike himself checked the list you all have voted for the same ole songs we´ve hear 100 times before????? This is crazy.Bad taste people seriously this is bad taste. The This is it Concerts were for the hardcore fans who were always there for him a present for us so Mike let us vote for the songs and the list above was voted???
Where for example are the songs from invincible?????????? 30 seconds of Threatened rofl

I guess I was wrong not only the media also the fans don´t like Invincible Songs very much -this is very sad!!!!!

So please don´t tell me Invincible is a great MJ album. The songlist above speaks more than 1000 words. Very sad.
And what was Michael thinking when he saw that the invincible songs got so few votes.

shut up,please and thank you

Arty, why do you have to be so negative over EVERYTHING? Pretty much every post I've seen of yours has been critical of Michael or us fans. What's up with you?

????????

Michael said, "I will be performing the songs my fans want to hear."

These songs are what the majority of his fans wanted to hear. He can't do EVERY song. I thought that list was already big enough.

song list on page 1 fake i think because there is no invincible song.....I wanted unbreakable,hearbreaker medley (opening song) :S :S

Yea he would think e would perform at least some of his more recent songs

I hope michael performs Scream live that will be interesting to hear :)

Nobody knows what was rehearsed, makes me laugh when people put up setlists when they havn't got a clue what they are talking about. Michael could have rehearsed his complete music catalogue from the Jacksons to Invincible.

Something that we'll never know, but I do believe every other show would have had a slightly different setlist, just to keep the show fresh and interesting for Michael and the band members.

Is that Arty even a REAL fan? :mello:

Is that Arty even a REAL fan? :mello:

I think he/she is, but he/she just feels too strongly about his/her opinions and blames other fans for not siding with what he/she wants for his/her ideal Michael Jackson show (in other words, other fans have bad taste). :)

But in fairness to Arty, I do like the Invincible album a lot. It was only recently that I listened to it and I was surprised by how fresh (and how loud) it was. I could only imagine what it would have been like to watch those songs performed live!

I think we all know in true Michael tradition he would have changed his set mid tour a little as he did on his previous tours

What is wrong??? I tell you what is wrong. I don´t like liars!!

If you go to MJ boards the fans always say Invincible is a masterpiece Sony and the Media destroyed the album.

Big words but where were all the fans of the invincible album when it comes to voting for the setlist??

You obviously dont understand a thing about Michaels performing side!

It was not only fans who chose but other people visiting the site, and you gotta remember a majority of the songs on the list have been performed before, people have had a taste of how Michael used to perform them and obviously wanted to see them again.

Plus that list is only speculation but ALOT of the songs on it were done in the final rehearsals.

Why do you just start running you're mouth when you obviously dont know what you are talking about!

You are assuming that the votes counted...that Michael wasn't going to do as he wanted regardless...

Let's not be naive....

It was a nice gesture though.

You are assuming that the votes counted...that Michael wasn't going to do as he wanted regardless...

Let's not be naive....

It was a nice gesture though.

Exactly! I highly doubt that he just took the 15 or whatever songs that got the most votes and said "so these are the ones I'll perform!"

I don't know about anyone else, but I love to see the same songs done on every tour so I can see them look slightly different and sound different. I am so happy he planned to open the show with Wanna Be Startin Something. That is the ultimate high energy, funky opener.

Someone said "Why not 'Who Is It?/Break of Dawn/Liberian Girls etc..."

I'll tell you why. Because they are songs that sound good for listening to laying down on your bed listening to an album, they wouldnt be very exciting as a live concert song. Can you think of any dance choreography that would fit these songs? I can't.
Songs like those should stay 'album classics' and not become tacky concert performances.

Although I felt that way about 'Stranger in Moscow' untill I saw it live and thought "this is great!".

Same applies to "Working day and night", I don't really like it that much on OTW, but it's great in concert!

I didn't like the album version of "History" that much however the single version with the "club" remix was very nice :)

I'm sure Michael would've find a way to perform these songs!

If this was true then I would've loved to see MJ preform "Dirty Diana" live. But now I'll never get to see that :cry:

. Can you think of any dance choreography that would fit these songs? I can't.

Dance choreography?? I hate dance choreographys they fit to shitty artists like Britney and Co.
A real artist like James Brown, Jackie Wilson are raw they don´t need a choreography and 20 backup dancers.

A choreography with a lot of dancers is for my the worst scenario I can ever imagine-just horrible.

Look at a Bad Concert for example Another Part of Me and todays shitty teen singers. Michael was natural and he himself said in an interview that he didn´t like todays dance because it looks like a fitness-training-aerobic.
As always Mike was right with his opinion!!
Give me MJ singing Who is it on a chair with the lights out or Break of Dawn and I´m happy I don´t need some stupid
choreography that is for 12 Years old fans who have never heard or seen real artists like Miles Davis, Elvis, Prince, James Brown, Little Richard, Marvin Gaye, John Coltrane etc.Imaging Prince doing a shitty choreography like Britney-I think this would really be the end of the world.

Last edited:

I thought you didn't like Invincible?

And the setlist is FAR from boring. Reality check - this was Michael Jackson! God Forbid you went to the show with that setlist and were just sat there bored.. what a bad time you would have had.. :doh: And you've seen Michael perform these in person over 100 times???! Well lucky you. I haven't seen him perform in person once.

How do you know what people voted for? Even if fans had voted a lot for a certain song that Michael or the producers didn't want to do, it wouldn't have made the show. Don't be naive.

P.S. Why are you always NEGATIVE about everything ?

????????

Back