All THIS IS IT Tracklist/Setlist discussion in here [Merged]

Re: Tracking list for THIS IS IT

all i heard was that it would open with Thriller in 3D (TMZ) and would end with Earth Song (Rolling Stone).

also heard something about a thriller/threatened medley but i dont believe it was confirmed

Nobody knows exactly what's on the set-list so let's not get at each other's throats. Whatever it is It's Michael Jackson and even if he performed all ballads he would freaking kill it.

I would love to see In the Closet, Remember the Time, Scream, BOTDF, Butterflies, Whatever Happens, YRMW, Speechless, D.S. for kicks (because Tom needs got his ass handed to him again).

damn Mike just has a huge discography there is no way he could fit it all in. I'm sure it was hard for him too.

Cmon guys....let's not argue or fight here......All of MJ's music are all unique and he really work hard on each one of them. So all of them are really AWESOME!

Though , personally I find the Invincible album really really good. It seems like MJ had matured as an artist as well.......Love his YOU ROCK MY WORLD so much....You are my life and The Lost Children reminds me of his children.......Break of Dawn, Walk away, Whatever happens and cry ....soothes and calms me down, 2000 watts , unbreakable and threatened makes me wanna grind and lost control.....

So.....for me The INVINCIBLE album still had MJ's MAGIC and felt betrayed and down for not getting appreciated and had made it big in sales as compare to his other albums.......

I believe it was pretty much confirmed that Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' was scheduled to be the opening track. Although, as we've all discussed a trillion times already, Unbreakable would have been a nice choice too! :yes:

I don't mind seeing Mike perform his usual set list. I never seen Mike live and hearing Mike sing the usual set list at the age of 50 is what I'm after although a change in set list would be entirely awesome.

anyways seeing Dirty Diana on the list is enough for me. I'm having my hopes up on hearing Invincible songs like Break of Dawn, Butterflies and Speechless being performed too.

Re: Which songs live

I bet 100$ that the songs were sang live, no doubt about it, just wait 20 days

I have been racking my brains what "The Drill" is....and i think i now know...

I think "The Drill" was the Military inspired interlude (on the big screen) that would be shown before "They Dont Care About Us"...Just an idea lol

I'm pretty sure Dirty Diana is in it, because I recall seeing a picture of the set with a bed on the stage and something that was hard to see, probably used for some exciting illusion. The same with the zombies that come into the crowd during 'Thriller'. And I cant remember what it was, but some other thing came above the crowd during Earth Song if I'm right, has anyone seen those pics? It just shows the sets and stuff.

????????

Are you all crazy;-) The setlist is totaly boring. Always the same songs like Black or White, I just can´t stop loving you etc.
Why not Remember the Time, Who is it instead of Black or White and Why not Liberian Girl, Break of Dawn, Whatever Happens instead of the same ole I just can´t stop loving you.

We had the BIIIIIIGGGGGGGGG oppurtunity to vote for the setlist. Mike himself checked the list you all have voted for the same ole songs we´ve hear 100 times before????? This is crazy.Bad taste people seriously this is bad taste. The This is it Concerts were for the hardcore fans who were always there for him a present for us so Mike let us vote for the songs and the list above was voted???
Where for example are the songs from invincible?????????? 30 seconds of Threatened rofl

I thought only the media did not like Invincible and the fans loved it????

I guess I was wrong not only the media also the fans don´t like Invincible Songs very much -this is very sad!!!!!

So please don´t tell me Invincible is a great MJ album. The songlist above speaks more than 1000 words. Very sad.
And what was Michael thinking when he saw that the invincible songs got so few votes.

Simply, nobody knows most of those songs. Well, at least not as well as the ones he would perform.

9527_1124985245038_1239341459_30384878_2445559_n.jpg

I think for the most part they would have been sang live.For the Dangerous rehearsals he sang live.He didn't always sing the entire song but it was live.I would hope so anyway.

Thanks Nick. Just saw this on Facebook too!

So, I can see...

Startin’ Something
Jam
Drill
They Don’t Care About Us
Human Nature
Smooth Criminal
The Way You Make Me Feel
J5 Medley:
- I Want You Back
- Stop The Love You Save
- I’ll Be There
- Don’t Stop/ Shake Your Body
Rock With You
I Just Can’t Stop Loving You
Dangerous
Black or White
Dirty Diana
Bea ?

I'd love to see the other side of that list! Billie Jean, Beat It, Thriller, Man In The Mirror, She's Out of My Life maybe....

*Edit* Michael Lee Bush "sorry that was not the exact set list only one of many ideas"

Last edited:

Thanks Nick. Just saw this on Facebook too!

So, I can see...

Startin’ Something
Jam
Drill
They Don’t Care About Us
Human Nature
Smooth Criminal
The Way You Make Me Feel
J5 Medley:
- I Want You Back
- Stop The Love You Save
- I’ll Be There
- Don’t Stop/ Shake Your Body
Rock With You
I Just Can’t Stop Loving You
Dangerous
Black or White
Dirty Diana
Bea ?

I'd love to see the other side of that list! Billie Jean, Beat It, Thriller, Man In The Mirror, She's Out of My Life maybe....

*Edit* Michael Lee Bush "sorry that was not the exact set list only one of many ideas"

Beat it I would assume for that last one.

I have been racking my brains what "The Drill" is....and i think i now know...

I think "The Drill" was the Military inspired interlude (on the big screen) that would be shown before "They Dont Care About Us"...Just an idea lol

Got me thinking too!

I would imagine it would be something similar to the HIStory tour like the marching or something. :)

Oh and people, play nice in here or I will lock it, theres really no need to argue over a set list.

Does anybody know if he rehearsed on Billie Jean and if we'll be able to see the new performance of BJ in This Is It?

^ ^ ^ I'm postive we will see Billie Jean rehearsed :p :D and omg the set list :wub: only MJ has that MANY great songs to choose from! God, I wish I saw him :( nothing will heal the loss. :cry: but looking forward to seeing what Michael was working so hard on :wub: Bless him

What about the files on the side? From what I can see, there's Not Alone, Billie Jean, Earth Song.. and I can't really figure out the rest, but it looks like it says Speechless.

I bet 100$ that the songs were sang live, no doubt about it, just wait 20 days

Don't bet so quickly...the snippet we all saw was not live, it was fully playback. During the Dangerous tour, lots of it was sung live..but not all songs. Strangely enough Heal the world and Man in the mirror were playbacked...but uptempo songs like WBSM was sung live...that's somethign i never really got. Playbacking the slow songs, and singing the fast ones :)

Re: Question about the Set List for TII

ugh...why can't it be MICHAEL tied to the bed?! WHY!!!!! well, i hope it would've been him tied to the bed :wub:

????????

Are you all crazy;-) The setlist is totaly boring. Always the same songs like Black or White, I just can´t stop loving you etc.
Why not Remember the Time, Who is it instead of Black or White and Why not Liberian Girl, Break of Dawn, Whatever Happens instead of the same ole I just can´t stop loving you.

We had the BIIIIIIGGGGGGGGG oppurtunity to vote for the setlist. Mike himself checked the list you all have voted for the same ole songs we´ve hear 100 times before????? This is crazy.Bad taste people seriously this is bad taste. The This is it Concerts were for the hardcore fans who were always there for him a present for us so Mike let us vote for the songs and the list above was voted???
Where for example are the songs from invincible?????????? 30 seconds of Threatened rofl

I thought only the media did not like Invincible and the fans loved it????

I guess I was wrong not only the media also the fans don´t like Invincible Songs very much -this is very sad!!!!!

So please don´t tell me Invincible is a great MJ album. The songlist above speaks more than 1000 words. Very sad.
And what was Michael thinking when he saw that the invincible songs got so few votes.

i would like to see some songs from invincible on there...i did vote for some. but thats not the final set list. you'll find out when the movie comes out :D

the setlist is a rumor, no one even knows for sure, so relax
good song choices i think
but there is one song missing on the list its called A PLACE WITH NO NAME
michael could sing this at the very end as a last song michael
will ever sing before his death

Does anybody know if he rehearsed on Billie Jean and if we'll be able to see the new performance of BJ in This Is It?

Going by the movie poster there's a Billie Jean picture so I'd say yes.

I just hope the editors don't take the raw live rehearsal footage and edit in the album tracks... I don't care if he's out of breath or sounds a little off or whatever, I wanna hear the real him, rehearsing!

wow this sounds so increadbly amazing im sure what ever mike decided to do in the end would of made for an amazing show, i wish we see a few moved to the upbeat songs on the invincible albums there soo amazing

Things i know that were rehearsed..

1) Billie Jean
2) Heal The World (1 verse was skipped)
3) Earth Song
4) Human Nature
5) The Way You Make Me Feel
6) Dangerous
7) Dirty Diana
8) Thriller (ghosts/threatened interlude)
9) Beat It

The ones in bold, I heard for myself outside of THE FORUM live.. and the others my friend heard on another night.. He did not rehears the same songs every night.. So these I know from personal experience for SURE.. anything and everything else. I am leaving in the air...

A security gaurd told us at one point he was rehearsing EVERYTHING... seeing what would make the final set list.. Also everynight was going to be a little different.. So that means some things.. some songs would be onr night, and not on another.. and he performed probably songs that would never make it to show..

Back