Appeal Thread - Murray Filed for Appeal / Update: Appeal DENIED

Re: Appeal Thread - All Discussion / Update: Murray Filed for Appeal

I asked this

Ivy_MJJC Ivy

@MMcParland Flanagan on TV said 1) no jury sequestration 2)not allowing Michael's financial status and 3) not allowing Dr. Klein testify.

His answers to me

MMcParland Michael McParland

. @Ivy_MJJC The Court of Appeals already refused a last minute application to order jury sequestration b4 trial, holding judge made no error

. @Ivy_MJJC Dr Klein's evidence was not relevant to the events of 25 June. Whatever treatments Dr K gave didn't allow CM to do what he did.

. @Ivy_MJJC Jud stated he'd allow MJ's financial status to go into evidence if Def had evid that this was causing him anxiety. They didn't.

^That guy is hysterical and very intelligent. I enjoy following him on Twitter.

He's just like sociopath Ted Bundy. He's on the same level as Ted Bundy, Charles Manson. etc I hope he has a slow and cruel death.

I'd be inclined to say even the former are better than he is. Smarter, at least. For example, Manson himself never killed a single person and instead had a devoted group of followers do his dirty work for him, and Bundy managed to convince a LOT of people he was the most charming thing on Earth, whereas Murray has that immediate "off" feeling about him. I have no idea why Michael didn't pick up on it. Then again, he had an unfortunate talent of attracting the dregs of mankind...

Thanks ivy

Thx ivy but who is that guy? And i read it all but ive got to admit i do not understand much of it :(

Can you explain in simple words? XX

I honestly don't think they will get anything from an appeal application.

^Me neither, but they kinda have to try. It's standard procedure.

How anyone sane can think jury non sequestration harmed murray's chances at trial is beyond me. All during the trial, everyone who had ever bumped into mj during his life, was on tv declaring him an out of control drug addict. Doctors saying he was addicted for decades to propofoll, sisters saying they were ramming the gates to save mj presumably from some drug hell and lifelong friends recounting all the times they saw mj drugged up. All i was aware of regarding murray from the media during the trial was his visit to get a pedicure.

INgelief - mcparland is a reporter on uk sky tv. Pretty sure there's nothing to worry about, murray is just going through the motions of seeing if there's anything wrong in the judge's decisions taken during the trial like keeping out klein, other witnesses saying mj did propofol years ago.

Last edited:

^I agree, the media Hell storm was mostly against Michael, and very little if any was against Conrad Murray. No surprise there.

No judge on his right mind will alow the appeal...so I don't think we should be worried...

The Appeal will be allowed to be filed and it will to go to the appellate court and the judges their make a ruling on it. Murray has to prove an inpropriety by the attorneys or the court and that the outcome would be different based on that. I doubt very much they will pass it based on the info we have above. None of the evidence he wants to bring in can save him. It wont change the facts of his actions on June 25th and leading up to that. He will be found guilty no matter how many times he is tried based on what HE alone did not on what anyone else did. His appeal is futile in my opinion

Post removed

Last edited:

Well, we knew that his attempts were futile. I'm just wondering what he is expecting. Does he really believe in his own innocence, or is he just callously attempting to bypass justice? I'd be more comfortable with the latter, although both are pretty disturbing.

Ih his appeal is allowed I believe it will be another waste of tax payers money.

Re: Conrad Murray's Appeal Doc

The only halfway decent point given in the entirety of this whole document is in regards to sequestration of jury. All the other points are, as far as I can tell, irrelevant to the case itself and/or already been addressed. There's no way this is passing if Pastor is, in Dubya terms, "the decider." Charming signature, however.

^^The jury point came up and the judges said that Pastor did nothing legally wrong there, so it will be funny to see how this thing goes.

^^The jury point came up and the judges said that Pastor did nothing legally wrong there, so it will be funny to see how this thing goes.

I never said he had a valid point. All I said was that, out of all the points he gave, that was the less mediocre one. Hence "halfway decent" and not "plausible."

I personally don't think sequestering the jury would have made any difference in the verdict, if that's what you want to know.

The documents are up in La Superior Court page:
http://ww2.lasuperiorcourt.org/hp/1jr1fvzz0q0nij45ysmhci45/1491131481.pdf

The defence doesn't seem to push Murray being remorseful after their disastrous tv appearance.
I don't know much about law, but it seems to me that for Murray's appeal to be successful, he needs to be out of jail.
"and Murray is not released pending his appeal, he may lose the benefit of a successful appeal on this issue'"

At the end of the document there is People's opposition of defence request for release pending appeal.
Go Walgren!

Michael McParland ?@MMcParland
#conradmurray Court of Appeals has given Murray's lawyers until 21 Dec to file their written arguments. No more extensions of time allowed.

--

One year ago today #conradmurray was sentenced for the manslaughter of#MichaelJackson. His appeal proceeds at the pace of an arthritic snail

#conradmurray His lawyers are appealing to the CA Supreme Ct to get permission to test the bag with the bottle. Gate. Horse. Gone. Shut.

#conradmurray Judge has also ordered a court appointed forensic examination of Murray's iPhone. The one with Murrays recording of MJ talkg.

#conradmurray Apart from that macabre tape of #MichaelJackson all Murray's phone will show is his calling women when his patient was dying.

https://twitter.com/MMcParland

Hey just before Christmas. Well this is not going to mess up my holidays at all.

The appeals court might be willing to hear what Murray has to say purely because of the fact that an appeal is standard procedure. But with everything we know that he did and did not do in total disregard for Michael's health and medical safety, I hope the appeals court has the good sense to leave Murray right where he is.

#conradmurray So Murray's Appeal Brief by Friday or it's game over, and a ruling on Murray's bail motion probably early in the New Year.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
14m Michael McParland ?@MMcParland
#conradmurray The Court ruled today "Appellant's December 18, 2012 application to extend time to file the opening brief is denied".
Expand
16m Michael McParland ?@MMcParland
#conradmurray But sadly for Murray's lawyers, their time to file a brief runs out on Friday,just like the Mayan long count calendar.
Expand
25m Michael McParland ?@MMcParland
#conradmurray Yes, they asked for a 45 day extension in order to file their Appeal Brief. Until February 2013. (When the world won't exist).
Expand
29m Michael McParland ?@MMcParland
#conradmurray So having made his bail motion, Murray's lawyers then did exactly what they told would not be allowed by the Court in October.
Expand
31m Michael McParland ?@MMcParland
#conradmurray But that's not how us lawyers work. We prefer Latin terms to register Contemptibus Maximus than the more familiar vernacular.
Expand
33m Michael McParland ?@MMcParland
#conradmurray You might be forgiven for thinking that objections to Murray's bail motion would be short and distinctly Anglo-Saxon in tone.
Expand
36m Michael McParland ?@MMcParland
#conradmurray The Court then phoned Deputy Attorney General, Victoria Wilson: any objection to the bail motion to be filed by 31.12. 2012.
Expand
40m Michael McParland ?@MMcParland
#conradmurray I should add that no application for bail was made on the basis of the imminent end of the World. Well, not yet anyway.
Expand
43m Michael McParland ?@MMcParland
#conradmurray Alternatively if letting him out because he promised to be a good boy wouldn't work, he asked for reasonable bail.
Expand
45m Michael McParland ?@MMcParland
#conradmurray In this motion, Murray asked that he be released on his "own recognisance" pending appeal, ie he'll be good and show up. Yes!
Expand
51m Michael McParland ?@MMcParland
#conradmurray The First thing Murray's lawyers did was file a bail motion. Careful: a bail motion can be confused with a bowel motion.
Expand
56m Michael McParland ?@MMcParland
#conradmurray What would you do for your client who is inside when there's less than 3 days until the End of All Life On the Planet?
Expand
1h Michael McParland ?@MMcParland
#conradmurray Any guesses as to what you think Murray's lawyers have asked the Court of Appeals to do?
Expand
#conradmurray But instead of filing the Appeal Brief as the Court ordered Murray's lawyers did two things today.
Expand
#conradmurray So given that the final date for the brief was also the same day as the End of the World, you might think he'd file on time.
Expand
#conradmurray Without the Appeal Brief being filed in time, Murray's appeal would be dismissed. No brief: no appeal.
Expand
#conradmurray The Appeal Brief is the written document that sets out the grounds on which Murray will claim is conviction was wrong.
Expand
#conradmurray The Court made it clear in October that no further extensions of time for filing that Appeal brief would be granted.
Expand
#conradmurray In October, the Appeals Court granted Murray's lawyer a final extension until Friday 21 December to file his appeal brief.
Expand
It's been a very busy day for #conradmurray at the California Appeals Court. #michaeljackson

CONRAD MURRAY
I Want Out of Jail
STAT!!!

Dr. Conrad Murray wants out of the pokey immediately while he appeals his conviction ... this according to court docs obtained by TMZ.

Murray -- who was found guilty of killing Michael Jackson -- has been in jail since he was convicted 13 months ago.

The Doc claims in the docs that he's not a flight risk ... partly because he has a small child who lives in L.A. Murray also says he doesn't pose a danger to the community, and believes he was wrongly convicted.

Dr. Murray has tried this before and was shut down, but he's entitled to make his case for freedom once again.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/18/conrad-murray-jail-appeal-michael-jackson/

The Court ruled today "Appellant's (Conrad Murray) December 18, 2012
application to extend time to file the opening brief is denied".

Thanks Ivy .. I placed the tweets in order to make it eaiser to read

From Michael McParland Twitter ?@MMcParland

In October, the Appeals Court granted Murray's lawyer a final extension until Friday 21 December to file his appeal brief.

The Court made it clear in October that no further extensions of time for filing that Appeal brief would be granted.

The Appeal Brief is the written document that sets out the grounds on which Murray will claim is conviction was wrong.

Without the Appeal Brief being filed in time, Murray's appeal would be dismissed. No brief: no appeal.

So given that the final date for the brief was also the same day as the End of the World, you might think he'd file on time.

But instead of filing the Appeal Brief as the Court ordered Murray's lawyers did two things today.

Any guesses as to what you think Murray's lawyers have asked the Court of Appeals to do?

What would you do for your client who is inside when there's less than 3 days until the End of All Life On the Planet?

The First thing Murray's lawyers did was file a bail motion. Careful: a bail motion can be confused with a bowel motion.

In this motion, Murray asked that he be released on his "own recognisance" pending appeal, ie he'll be good and show up. Yes!

Alternatively if letting him out because he promised to be a good boy wouldn't work, he asked for reasonable bail.

I should add that no application for bail was made on the basis of the imminent end of the World. Well, not yet anyway

The Court then phoned Deputy Attorney General, Victoria Wilson: any objection to the bail motion to be filed by 31.12. 2012.

You might be forgiven for thinking that objections to Murray's bail motion would be short and distinctly Anglo-Saxon in tone.

But that's not how us lawyers work. We prefer Latin terms to register Contemptibus Maximus than the more familiar vernacular.

So having made his bail motion, Murray's lawyers then did exactly what they told would not be allowed by the Court in October.

So Murray's Appeal Brief by Friday or it's game over, and a ruling on Murray's bail motion probably early in the New Year.

Yes, they asked for a 45 day extension in order to file their Appeal Brief. Until February 2013. (When the world won't exist).

But sadly for Murray's lawyers, their time to file a brief runs out on Friday,just like the Mayan long count calendar.

The Court ruled today "Appellant's December 18, 2012 application to extend time to file the opening brief is denied".

So Murray's Appeal Brief by Friday or it's game over, and a ruling on Murray's bail motion probably early in the New Year.

For those who want to know what Murray's brief will consist of, here is the relevant court rules:
The brief is limited to 14,000 words. That's an awful lot of words to write when you've got nothing worthwhile to say.

He is still harping on about not doing anything wrong, not useful for an appeal I would have thought.

So given that the final date for the brief was also the same day as the End of the World, you might think he'd file on time.

:D

The First thing Murray's lawyers did was file a bail motion. Careful: a bail motion can be confused with a bowel motion.

I should add that no application for bail was made on the basis of the imminent end of the World. Well, not yet anyway

But sadly for Murray's lawyers, their time to file a brief runs out on Friday,just like the Mayan long count calendar.

The Court ruled today "Appellant's December 18, 2012 application to extend time to file the opening brief is denied".

:clapping:

For those who want to know what Murray's brief will consist of, here is the relevant court rules:
The brief is limited to 14,000 words. That's an awful lot of words to write when you've got nothing worthwhile to say.

McParland is very funny and he is right, they've got nothing worthwhile to say.

Thanks for the update. is it just me but how can he ask for bail while he appeals and that hearing will happen next year yet he only has until friday to file his brief and if its not filed friday then he cant appeal. i take it once friday comes and goes and he doest file his docs then any bail hearing next year will be automatically denied??

#conradmurray That kind of message suggests to mr that the Court isn't that keen to get more stuff from Ms Vass on the Murray bail motion.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
50m Michael McParland ?@MMcParland
#conradmurray The message told Murray's lawyer that she must submit a written request to file a reply to Pros opposition to the bail motion
Expand
52m Michael McParland ?@MMcParland
#conradmurray The Court called and left a voicemail message for Murray's appeal lawyer, Valerie Wass about Murray's bail application.
Expand
#conradmurray Today's developments all come from the California Court itself and not from Murray's lawyers. Quelle surprise !

Back