Are MJ fans a curse/blessing to MJ's career?

Mello, I agree with your reply to me. It's actually what I think too. During the trial I was on staff. There was so much *** going on in Michaels camp in that time that also had it's effect on this forum and the people putting in their time and support. But we just continued doing the stuff we did then, because indeed, there was a bigger picture.

For the rest, it's almost three years later now, and though it's good to support Michael when it's needed, it's also good to air a critical note. Just depends on how. Bashing is not done imo, but the same thing counts for jumping to someone's throat for not liking everything Michael does. It's all in the balance, and sometimes that's hard to find. We're all only human :)

I like Vince by the way. Once I skip the first three songs and the corny ballads. But man: Break of Dawn, 2000 Watts, Whatever Happens, Threatened. I really like those :)

Yeah it does go both ways.

But then again, when people talk about MJ like he's a puppet or something, they're often surprised when they get backlash :lol: I mean it bugs me soooo much. SO MUCH, it's not even funny. I'm not sure if soomeone said it here (i keep switch back and forth between forums and can't remember where i read what lol)...but its true that after suffering through CONSTANT criticism of MJ in the media and outside world...and I mean especially when it's more than NORMAL celebrities, MJ gets it pretty hard...and fans come to a FAN board and hear CONStANT CRITICISM some more...from his OWN FANS, it PISSES people off. This board is DEFINITELY not like that but there other communities that are. And it's like some fans take satisfaction in dwelling on MJ's faults, cuz it makes THEM feel better because YES an amazing man like Mike can be STUPID sometimes, can make MISTAKES, and is HUMAN. And that's just POINTLESS to me. We ALL do it. We are ALL like that. So why dwell on it? Why constantly nag on it, out of the expense of Michael and his 'celebrity' status? I know he's a celebrity and i guess that gives people 'merit' to say whatever they want cuz his whole life is laid out there for our disposal...but I just don't see it that way. MJ is an entertainer and a celebrity but he is HUMAN. A HUMAN BEING. And we should treat him like one.

There are plenty of other people out there doing the job of nagging about mj's faults and short comings (those that exist and those they make up lol). Why do the fans gotta add to it? That's my thing.

And by no means am i saying it's wrong to criticize MJ, i'm talking about fans who are 'compulsive criticizers' lol

I think that we all have to strike a balance as a community between the putting MJ on a pedestal -- 'God-like' worship and the 'I-need-to-put-him-down-cuz-I-want-to-show-that-I'm-not-like-other-MJ-fans' extremeties. Both extremes are a curse to MJ as a fanbase. Somewhere in the middle is where the blessing lies.

Is MJ refusal to allow any information on his project (not even to Sony) an attempt for him to regain the 'peace of mind' he once had during Thriller days? Is he trying to distance himself also from fans pre-judged opinions (and the effect these opinions may have in the larger picture) on his project?

Interesting questions.

I think MJ's "refusal" to allow any information about his future projects to be released is that he likes to keep things a secret. I do not know if it is even possible anymore because of the Internet. I think MJ knows this and simply told the people that he is working with on his projects that if they go to the media, they better not say anything remotely detail about his future projects. That has happened because if you listen carefully to the radio interview that Akon had with that radio show, he said something about MJ and the Superbowl and then he kind of backtracked. He must have did that for a reason. I do not think MJ's "refusal" to allow any information of his projects to be release have to do with his piece of mind. I think he is aware about the fact that this is his life and that he has accepted the fact that people want to know everything about him.

As for the second question - at this point in his life, I do not think he cares what his fans think anymore. He knows that when he releases good music, the fans will like it. It has happened before. He knows who his fans truly are. I think he knows about fans opinions about his music and things of that nature. However, I doubt that he would take it to heart and feel insulted by what they say, regarding his music. He made the best pop CD ever and he knows that none of his fans, haters, musicians, whoever, can hold a candle to Thriller. He had a dream and he went for it. He is STILL celebrating the successes of his dream and if he wants to have a remix of all of the songs from Thriller, he is going to do that. He knows that he is doing this for the 25th anniversary of greatness and that is it. He knows that maybe the bashing and the outright disrespect from the people regarding the T25 CD/DVD might be a blessing in disguise.

I think that we all have to strike a balance as a community between the putting MJ on a pedestal -- 'God-like' worship and the 'I-need-to-put-him-down-cuz-I-want-to-show-that-I'm-not-like-other-MJ-fans' extremeties. Both extremes are a curse to MJ as a fanbase. Somewhere in the middle is where the blessing lies.

:yes: I'm in the middle, damn if he do AND damn if he don't. ;)

They are BOTH a curse and a blessing.. Michael loves his fans because they are a blessing to him.. He's said that he OWES EVERYTHING to his fans.. On the other hand much sadness came in result of his fans.. SO IT GOES BOTH WAYS.

I keep thinking his fans must at times be an embarrisment to him. lol. He can't go anywhere without some fan tracking him down and doing something weird... and then people call HIM weird. :lol:

I keep thinking his fans must at times be an embarrisment to him. lol. He can't go anywhere without some fan tracking him down and doing something weird... and then people call HIM weird. :lol:

:yes: I'm sure sometimes Mike is like "man how do these fools know where the f**k I'm at?!" :lol:

I,m sure michael sees us as a blessing with all the human error to go with it. Michael loves his fans and we love him. Of course he see,s us as a huge blessing.:)

I think fans are a mixture of blessing and not so much curse but can have nucience value.

I remember when he commented on the notion that people who illegally downloaded music should not face jail sentences, he acknowledged that without fans an artist did not have a career and that an artists fans make them as sucessful as they are and it is true, in that regard fans are a blessing, also I truly believe that his fans support during the trial meant a great deal to him and his lovely family.

Some critics and sceptics commenting on his chances of making a credible comeback have acknowledged that he has a huge loyal fanbase and that is due to our being so vocal in our support, and bombarding some media outlets with complaints when they lie about him, so these are the blessings from the fans.

However when he and his children are unable to leave a hotel in London and some hotels will not book him in because of the hoards of fans outside, when fans go crazy and chase his car and become a hazard then they are not showing him respect or consideration they are just plain selfish. Stalking him to find out where he is when he clearly wants to be private is a nucence to him, just because he is gracious and patient and understanding does not mean that he is not wishing that they would just leave him alone sometimes.

Unfortunately we know that some of the more obsessed and mean spirited and lazy media do stalk the fans websites to take our speculation and turn it into fact so we do need to be careful about what we are saying and that includes any critisism.

Like any friend or family member who does something we don't approve of you do voice and opinion you love them dearly but still feel able to say, you should not have done that, however with the sleazy media watching it is not advisable to do it on here. I have sometimes thought, oh dear why did you do or say that, only because I care but I don't post those opinions, I keep them to myself.

I think it is good for Michael to know what his fans think, i.e. the X Factor thing. This series was not generally recieved as very good, Sharon Osborne has taken so many opportunities to make snide remarks, Cowell laughs although he has stopped making them recently, so of course we think he should stay away from that sort of show, but if he did it we would be there to support him. I think there is no harm in his knowing those type of opinions, perhaps he wants to hear them, after all he is not watching to hear the disrespect the Osborne woman and sometimes Cowell show him, she is a loose cannon on the show and is incredibly bitchy and sarcastic sometimes and there is a danger she would be so to him in public.

Interesting, when she told some act who had a ridiculous set and dancers that it was like something Michael Jackson would do the only response she got was silence followed by some loud boo's and it sounded like it was her remark about Michael not the act that they were booing. so if he finds that out from here and our opinions that is a good thing, I am not sure it would influence him but maybe he would rather know that he would be appearing on a show where two of the judges disrespect him. Why should he grace them with his presence, and increase their viewing figures. What would be in it for him.

It's all about balance. Ultimately he knows we love and support him, and will be there for him, the media know it too, but we need to not smother him when he wants privacy, it is a show of respect and love that we give him privacy when he wants it, and if he doesn't announce his whereabouts it is a signal that he wants to be private with his children, when Raymone tells us he'll be in London etc. then we know he is happy for us to be there.

2008 I am sure is going to be a key time for him, if he intends to make a comeback this is the year it will happen, and if he doesn't release anything then I think the writting is on the wall that he is going to retire from public work, maybe just working behind the scenes producing and writting, and who could blame him if he chose that path.

With the review of what records, albums and artists were most sucessful or not etc. type of stuff on the music channels recently I was thinking that next xmas we could be seeing Michael wiping the floor with all the other music, if he does comeback. What an exciting time ahead we could have.

So we need to come together this year for him and show 100% support and if there are any little critisisms maybe discuss them in pm's.

Well that's how I see it.

:yes: I'm in the middle, damn if he do AND damn if he don't. ;)
:rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I

However when he and his children are unable to leave a hotel in London and some hotels will not book him in because of the hoards of fans outside, when fans go crazy and chase his car and become a hazard then they are not showing him respect or consideration they are just plain selfish. Stalking him to find out where he is when he clearly wants to be private is a nucence to him, just because he is gracious and patient and understanding does not mean that he is not wishing that they would just leave him alone sometimes.

Unfortunately we know that some of the more obsessed and mean spirited and lazy media do stalk the fans websites to take our speculation and turn it into fact so we do need to be careful about what we are saying and that includes any critisism.

Like any friend or family member who does something we don't approve of you do voice and opinion you love them dearly but still feel able to say, you should not have done that, however with the sleazy media watching it is not advisable to do it on here. I have sometimes thought, oh dear why did you do or say that, only because I care but I don't post those opinions, I keep them to myself.

I think it is good for Michael to know what his fans think, i.e. the X Factor thing. This series was not generally recieved as very good, Sharon Osborne has taken so many opportunities to make snide remarks, Cowell laughs although he has stopped making them recently, so of course we think he should stay away from that sort of show, but if he did it we would be there to support him. I think there is no harm in his knowing those type of opinions, perhaps he wants to hear them, after all he is not watching to hear the disrespect the Osborne woman and sometimes Cowell show him, she is a loose cannon on the show and is incredibly bitchy and sarcastic sometimes and there is a danger she would be so to him in public.

Why should he grace them with his presence, and increase their viewing figures. What would be in it for him.

It's all about balance. Ultimately he knows we love and support him, and will be there for him, the media know it too, but we need to not smother him when he wants privacy, it is a show of respect and love that we give him privacy when he wants it, and if he doesn't announce his whereabouts it is a signal that he wants to be private with his children, when Raymone tells us he'll be in London etc. then we know he is happy for us to be there.

So we need to come together this year for him and show 100% support and if there are any little critisisms maybe discuss them in pm's.

I really like the points here. I disagree with the X-factor thing because to me, even though there have been rude remarks about MJ by the judges etc I think MJ could have still turn it round and made a fool out of them in their own show! (I personally would've liked to see that).

As for the question of what's in it for him? Well MJ is a very clever businessman. My problem with dissing such projects to the extreme b4 they have even happened is that We don't know what MJ would have worked out with X-factor. It could have been something that would have been profitable for him but also added some 'credibility' to the show.

I am glad you raised the point about the media reading stuff from fan clubs etc. I think its important that we are aware that our discussions may not be for MJ-fans' eyes only! I agree with this in mind extreme opinions are best kept at bay.

I agree with the opinion that extreme issues should be avoiding but...

if there are any little critisisms maybe discuss them in pm's.

I keep stressing that a decent discussion on many subjects is mandatory for a healthy board, also ones that may be sensitive to some. Limiting that to pm's is not an option for me. Who would decide what is allowed and what not? Freedom of speech within decent rules... is that really to much to be asked?

Last edited:
Remember, Michael wrote STRANGER IN MOSCOW while being on the Dangerous tour while in his hotel in moscow. hundereds of fans were below, he felt so much love out there yet so ALONE. He felt captive like a cage animal that could not go anywhere..

Remember, Michael wrote STRANGER IN MOSCOW while being on the Dangerous tour while in his hotel in moscow. hundereds of fans were below, he felt so much love out there yet so ALONE. He felt captive like a cage animal that could not go anywhere..
That is very sad. I remember from one of the latest shopping sprees, the one where the two street fans guarded him as he found his car, one of them asked Michael what he was doing and he said "Trying to be like you." Then there was the time he visited a freind in Germany in there private home. He had been planning on going outside to walk some path and couldn't do it because the fans found out he was there. And the time in GB last year in the hotel where one of the fans in the lobby got too agressive and Michael told his guard "[he] is hurting me"

I think on the one hand it pleases him that he still has such draw but on the other he feels a loss for not being able to do things others take for granted because of it.

As for the fan thing I'm a fan myself half of my life and I adore Michael as a man and as an artist so I won't say anything more! He is a part of me and my life!

Invincible is not one of my favourite album but I like it...as for the other words u have said...I'm totally agree with u.....Mike's is a part of me...I've loved him for so many years that I cannot imagine my life without him but I look at Michael as a person first and then as an artist and this is why I won't criticize his mistakes too much...He's a human being and so sometimes he can do anything wrong...there's no need to be so aspectful from him....he does what HE can and what He wants....in my opinion sometimes some fans don't understand it and in some way Mike can feel as in jail....he doesn't work or live normally and peacefully cause everyone aspects always the best from him .....that's unfair...

Basically this is it...

BLESSING : He has like the most loyal fanbase because of the amazing support through the trial and every other part of his life/career.

CURSE : We boss him about far too much, it's like we don't trust him to go his own way and make it right. You know, there was a time when the producer of Thriller wasn't too happy with Billie Jean and look at it now...WOOW one of the greatest songs ever.

And also, some fans act as if Michael forced you to go and buy his albums then support him during the trial. It was your decision, not his so stop complaining!

I sort of going along with we are a blessing and i guess we could be a curse also . after reading some of your answers i think we sure can be both. But with such a fan base Michael has its hard with all the different personality,s . Still it would be nice if we could be more balanced especially at events that Michal is at and i think we all know how out of hand that can get . So even though we love Michael to death we sure can work on lots of things so maybe we wouldn,t be a curse cause i for one don,t want to be that.

Last edited:

I didn't want to copy everything that you said, but I agreed with the aspect of MJ fans being a nuisance at times when they are frantically hunting him down to the point of disturbing other people. Yet his fans are a blessing simply because we are a force to be reckoned with and MJ's critics knows this as well.

In terms of whether or not criticisms should be done privately, I can understand your reasoning, yet the fan community as a whole should be able to have an intelligent discussion. I think that there are those who tend to go to the extreme in their criticism (likewise peeps go to the extreme in their praise for the man). IMO, the way I read that is that those fans are overly personalizing MJ's life and attaching it to their own lives as if their assessment is the only one that matters.

Again somehow, we have to strike that balance. Besides the media haters are going to say whatever they want -- without our help generally...

Oh, I didn't answer the question if MJ fans are a blessing or a curse to Mike.

Man..... I gotta be honest about this one. I think it is a mixture of both. I am going to make a general post because I want to cover all of the topics about this question.

Blessing - Loyality

The fans are very loyal to MJ. That was proven during MJ's very difficult time during the trial. I have never seen so much love for one amazing man than in his trial. The fans, including moi, were always there for MJ and we all cried when he was vindicated. (Well, actually I was too happy to cry). The loyality that I sense and see with majority of his fans is still there. We still go after the media when theyare wrong. We still defend MJ on those crappy blogs (which I go to to read, ONLY!) We do our part for Mikey. We are really his support team.

Curse - Disrespect

The fans can be very disrespectful to MJ. For example, I have had my friends talk to me about how some of his "fans" bashed his children, particulary poor Blanklet, because of his hair and skin color. I am bothered by this because what person would bashed a five year old child because of his God given looks? Don't those fans understand that bashing his children is basically bashing MJ? Another thing that I find disrespectful towards MJ is when fans want MJ to release music quickly just because they are bored. If these fans are bored and are literally waiting for a MJ CD, they need to get a hobby. MJ does not owe any fan anything. If they can't accept what MJ gives them, they should not be complaining.

Curse - Lack of Privacy

Sadly, once MJ became a legend, he got a little too carried away with his fans. He became closer to them and he started being personal with them. That is all sweet and all. It is an honor for a fan, really anyone who adores MJ, to contact him and talk to him. However, some fans take it way too seriously. It has gotten to the point that fans get into his business and come to boards, websites, the media and start telling people. WHY? What happened to his privacy? What happened to your privacy? Fans who do this should keep their mouth shut and if they need to tell people, tell their friends. Not the whole world.

Curse - Attacking his Family For No Reason

It is legendary that MJ fans cannot stand some members of his family. That is life. I am not a fan of Randy, Joe, or Janet. Randy - I am not going there. Joe - It has nothing to do with his as a father. He did something pretty stupid to someone I respect. Janet - I can respect her as a person, well, I try, but I have an issue with someone who goes on television shows that bashes her brother and blames her brother for her weight issues. No one told Janet to eat those two popcicles back in the day. She wanted to eat them. How is that MJ's fault? Just saying. Y'all know that I am honest about her. I leave nothing out regarding her. However, when fans bash his family to the point of pure hatred, I had to just really have to shake my head. Look, we do not have to like all of his family members, but can some of the fans at least respect them? Just saying. Trying to call Jermaine a "liar" just because they can't see MJ performing with his brothers again was uncalled for. Just saying.

Curse - Phony Fans

This is the ONE thing that bothers me about fans of MJ. Sadly, this man has some shady fans. If you are a fans and have a blog, (not naming one for fear of banning AGAIN, LOL) and you talk about MJ, why do you bash him? How can you come on message boards like MJJC and MJNO.com and "praise" MJ and then go on that other board (I ain't saying the name) and bashed the living crap out of the man? You have to seriously question the loyality of that fan (I am just describing a number of "fans" that do this. Not one in particular.). How can you bash someone that you claim you love? How can you bashed a man skin disorder basically saying that because a bunch of ignorant losers say that MJ does not have a skin disorder, you start to believe them because they make "sense"? So, what "fan" are you? In some of the "fans" blogs, these "fans" ALWAYS talks about the trial and never supports MJ but comes on respectable MJ boards and plays games with the fans regarding their loyality. We have seen "fans" like this and these types of "fans" are more likely to spread lies about MJ and then try to say that RF comes on the boards and gets it from the boards. Riiiiight. (BTW, I do believe that RF does get his lies about MJ from MJ boards. Sometimes, I also believe that "fans" talk to RF and tell him lies about MJ.) Fans who talk to RF and Harvey Levin and see nothing wrong with that at all. Forgetting that these two losers basically called MJ everything but a child of God. These types of fans are not going to go away until some people have the guts, for the sake of MJ's legacy, to get rid of these trolls.

I know I have a lot "negativity" regarding this post, but I needed to be honest with you people. It is good to be observant about these things and called them up when suggested.

Oooo gurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrllll bee u den' TOLD IT LIKE IT IS!

blames her brother for her weight issues. No one told Janet to eat those two popcicles back in the day. She wanted to eat them. How is that MJ's fault? Just saying.
:lol: HAHA HA HA HA! I knooowww!! I think Janet must've heard Mj's lil commentary "That janet SURRREE likes to eat!" :lol: BOGUS! :lol: I'm sry but Tito has it the hardest out of all of them when it comes to that and I don't see HIM...well nevermind :lol:

This is the ONE thing that bothers me about fans of MJ. Sadly, this man has some shady fans. If you are a fans and have a blog, (not naming one for fear of banning AGAIN, LOL) and you talk about MJ, why do you bash him? How can you come on message boards like MJJC and MJNO.com and "praise" MJ and then go on that other board (I ain't saying the name) and bashed the living crap out of the man?
I know EXACTLY who (that number of people lol) /what you're talking about too!!!! You KNOW it girl. I know EXACTLY lol.

You tell it. gon' head girl.

Last edited:
Curse - Phony Fans

This is the ONE thing that bothers me about fans of MJ. Sadly, this man has some shady fans. If you are a fans and have a blog, (not naming one for fear of banning AGAIN, LOL) and you talk about MJ, why do you bash him? How can you come on message boards like MJJC and MJNO.com and "praise" MJ and then go on that other board (I ain't saying the name) and bashed the living crap out of the man? You have to seriously question the loyality of that fan (I am just describing a number of "fans" that do this. Not one in particular.). How can you bash someone that you claim you love? How can you bashed a man skin disorder basically saying that because a bunch of ignorant losers say that MJ does not have a skin disorder, you start to believe them because they make "sense"? So, what "fan" are you? In some of the "fans" blogs, these "fans" ALWAYS talks about the trial and never supports MJ but comes on respectable MJ boards and plays games with the fans regarding their loyality. We have seen "fans" like this and these types of "fans" are more likely to spread lies about MJ and then try to say that RF comes on the boards and gets it from the boards. Riiiiight. (BTW, I do believe that RF does get his lies about MJ from MJ boards. Sometimes, I also believe that "fans" talk to RF and tell him lies about MJ.) Fans who talk to RF and Harvey Levin and see nothing wrong with that at all. Forgetting that these two losers basically called MJ everything but a child of God. These types of fans are not going to go away until some people have the guts, for the sake of MJ's legacy, to get rid of these trolls.

I know I have a lot "negativity" regarding this post, but I needed to be honest with you people. It is good to be observant about these things and called them up when suggested.

love your post..

and the charlatans.. are a big problem.. I don't frequent many blogs.. but I can image the double life some lead.. some times. they slip up on the forum...

and the part about RF.. I totally agree with you

Last edited:
There was also something that suprised me Why would Michaels fans
"publicly" bash his new mixes and songs on Youtube -

I can see discussing ones likes and dislikes in a Mj forum or message
board with other fans _ but to bash Michaels songs in public just becuase
you dont care for a particular song seems so wrong to me and even a
betrayal of sorts.

I ask what are they trying to do Sabotage Michaels efforts efforts and turn
others in the general public against him - That really bothers me _ and they are still doing it -

can anyone give a justified answer or reason why this is exeptable as a fan .. I just dont get it - It makes me feel sad.

Last edited:
There was also something that suprised me Why would Michaels fans
"publicly" bash his new mixes and songs on Youtube -

I can see discussing ones likes and dislikes in a Mj forum or message
board with other fans _ but to bash Michaels songs in public just becuase
you dont care for a particular song seems so wrong to me and even a
betrayal of sorts.

I ask what are they trying to do Sabotage Michaels efforts efforts and turn
others in the general public against him - That really bothers me _ and they are still doing it -

can anyone give a justified answer or reason why this is exeptable as a fan .. I just dont get it - It makes me feel sad.

Cuz they're "keepin it real" :rolleyes: Oh how i loathe that phrase lol

Man..... I gotta be honest about this one. I think it is a mixture of both. I am going to make a general post because I want to cover all of the topics about this question.

Blessing - Loyality

The fans are very loyal to MJ. That was proven during MJ's very difficult time during the trial. I have never seen so much love for one amazing man than in his trial. The fans, including moi, were always there for MJ and we all cried when he was vindicated. (Well, actually I was too happy to cry). The loyality that I sense and see with majority of his fans is still there. We still go after the media when theyare wrong. We still defend MJ on those crappy blogs (which I go to to read, ONLY!) We do our part for Mikey. We are really his support team.

Curse - Disrespect

The fans can be very disrespectful to MJ. For example, I have had my friends talk to me about how some of his "fans" bashed his children, particulary poor Blanklet, because of his hair and skin color. I am bothered by this because what person would bashed a five year old child because of his God given looks? Don't those fans understand that bashing his children is basically bashing MJ? Another thing that I find disrespectful towards MJ is when fans want MJ to release music quickly just because they are bored. If these fans are bored and are literally waiting for a MJ CD, they need to get a hobby. MJ does not owe any fan anything. If they can't accept what MJ gives them, they should not be complaining.

Curse - Lack of Privacy

Sadly, once MJ became a legend, he got a little too carried away with his fans. He became closer to them and he started being personal with them. That is all sweet and all. It is an honor for a fan, really anyone who adores MJ, to contact him and talk to him. However, some fans take it way too seriously. It has gotten to the point that fans get into his business and come to boards, websites, the media and start telling people. WHY? What happened to his privacy? What happened to your privacy? Fans who do this should keep their mouth shut and if they need to tell people, tell their friends. Not the whole world.

Curse - Attacking his Family For No Reason

It is legendary that MJ fans cannot stand some members of his family. That is life. I am not a fan of Randy, Joe, or Janet. Randy - I am not going there. Joe - It has nothing to do with his as a father. He did something pretty stupid to someone I respect. Janet - I can respect her as a person, well, I try, but I have an issue with someone who goes on television shows that bashes her brother and blames her brother for her weight issues. No one told Janet to eat those two popcicles back in the day. She wanted to eat them. How is that MJ's fault? Just saying. Y'all know that I am honest about her. I leave nothing out regarding her. However, when fans bash his family to the point of pure hatred, I had to just really have to shake my head. Look, we do not have to like all of his family members, but can some of the fans at least respect them? Just saying. Trying to call Jermaine a "liar" just because they can't see MJ performing with his brothers again was uncalled for. Just saying.

Curse - Phony Fans

Great post! Thanx

Blessing because we are down with his Greatness and Genius and Importance with his place in Music.

Cursed becaused expectations were set so highly once upon a time that because of striking such a powerful chord around the world for a certain amount of time, MJ can never go back to just being the way he was. He set such a high bar and that sentiment ain't lost.

That is very sad. I remember from one of the latest shopping sprees, the one where the two street fans guarded him as he found his car, one of them asked Michael what he was doing and he said "Trying to be like you." Then there was the time he visited a freind in Germany in there private home. He had been planning on going outside to walk some path and couldn't do it because the fans found out he was there. And the time in GB last year in the hotel where one of the fans in the lobby got too agressive and Michael told his guard "[he] is hurting me"

I think on the one hand it pleases him that he still has such draw but on the other he feels a loss for not being able to do things others take for granted because of it.

That was so sad! Made me angry. But I just thought that if people are able to find out where MJ is at, then maybe its not such a bad idea to have fans around him. The thing is that these people will include fans and non-fans (like the person that was hurting him that day). So maybe if real fans are there then at least they can stop these 'nutters' from hurting MJ.

I hope MJ's security team etc are able in the future to prevent anyone from knowing MJ's where abouts (when he wants to be alone). Until then tho' the real fans may be a 'comfort'/buffer' for MJ to stop the nutters.

I feel Michael's fans are an absolute 100% blessing.

That is, until they start acting like a curse :lol:

okay I'm leaving :lol:

Back