Artists Deaths That Have Touched You The Most

I dont think this pain will ever go away :cry:
I will miss him forever

There's no artist who's death touched me as much as Michael's. The reason is simply that I haven't had that big idol before so I haven't cared of them so much. I have been also very young (or not even born) so I haven't followed music when the big names died like Elvis or Tupac and so on.

Well, not an artist, but Steve Irwin's death upset me a lot, since I like animals...

Over the last few years some of those close to MJ have also passed, David Williams on the guitar, Stan Winston...

MJ's the only artist who's passed on that I listen to a lot...

They all get to see each other now.

I was also very saddened about Aaliyah, 2pac, Biggie and Left Eye (from TLC) dying. I grew up listening to all of them, so I was really sad when they died and definitely shed a tear or two.

Michael's death. I don't think that I could ever love and believe in any artist more than I did for him.

Michael Hutchence's death touched me really hard, he was so young, only 37 years old. It was so unexpected, i remember watching MTV when they gave the terrible news.. Freddie Mercury's death saddened me also, Princess Diana, Anna Nicole Smith...But no one can compare with the pain i've been feeling since Michael passed away, im inconsolable!!

I dont think this pain will ever go away :cry:
I will miss him forever

Awww :cry: I know how you feel

Michael's death is the only death ever that has made me feel this way. I've grieved less over family members I saw regularly. As far as other celebs go, I shed a few tears when Heath Ledger died, mostly because he was so young and it was so unexpected. I shed a couple tears for Don Knotts and Paul Newman, too, because I had a lot of memories involving them, but they were older so it wasn't so unexpected. I was sad for Steve Irwin because it was so tragic, but I didn't cry for him. I felt bad for little Bindi though, but she's a tough little cookie like Paris.

I was sad when John Ritter passed on. I grew up with Three's Company, and it seemed like he still had so much to offer. The only artist I ever shed tears over was Michael, though.

really only Michael's death,yea shure there are many who died,that really shocked me,but I never cried,like I did for Michael..
Michael will always be my number 1 artist 4ever

Michael Hutchence's death touched me really hard, he was so young, only 37 years old. It was so unexpected, i remember watching MTV when they gave the terrible news.. Freddie Mercury's death saddened me also, Princess Diana, Anna Nicole Smith...But no one can compare with the pain i've been feeling since Michael passed away, im inconsolable!!

I forgot about Anna Nicole Smith... her death really upset me. I was never a fan of hers and I didn't know much about her, but I always felt bad for her that the media and general public turned against her for no good reason.

Even after her son died, they didn't step back and give her some breathing space. Even after she died, they haven't stopped hounding her baby. There's something very sad and tragic about her life..

The only other celeb that upset me a lot when he died was Jonathan Brandis.
Brandis was young, sort of ignored as an adult actor and ended up hanging himself, which was devestating to me when I found out. I grew up watching his movies and shows and to find out he died alone with no hope was terrible.

I think Mike's death has impacted me in the same way as JB which maybe makes sense because A. they both were a huge impact on my own childhood and B. they both sort of had theirs taken away.

I wonder if they ever met?

I forgot about Anna Nicole Smith... her death really upset me. I was never a fan of hers and I didn't know much about her, but I always felt bad for her that the media and general public turned against her for no good reason.

Even after her son died, they didn't step back and give her some breathing space. Even after she died, they haven't stopped hounding her baby. There's something very sad and tragic about her life..

I was very sad about Anna Nicole Smith and also Heath Ledger passing. I was shocked about those two.

Of course I was saddened over Princess Di's passing as well but I was much younger then and didn't realize understand it fully. Years later though as I learned more about her life and what a nice, caring person she was I felt so bad. Her life was cut much too short.

Elvis Presley
John Lennon***
Bob Marley
Dusty Springfield***
James Brown
Michael Jackson***

*** Those are the ones that I was upset about the most even though I like everyone on that list.

I'm sure that the deaths of people like Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin would also have upset me if I had been around at the time.

Michael definitely #1. It still baffles me sometimes how deeply I feel about his passing when I never even knew the man. It feels like I'm missing a member of my family.

And I guess the next person that affected me when they suddenly passed was The Notorious BIG. The feelings I had for that though don't even come close to how I feel about MJ.

But I do remember being very angry that the Black music media (urban Radio and magazines at the time) had ended up perpetuating a stupid East Coast/West Coast "beef" into a murder of one of the greatest hip hop artists of my generation, then wanted to play his songs on the radio and be all "Oh I can't believe he's dead" when they were the ones who caused his death in the first place...

There were no tears though...

Last edited:
I think Tupac kind of had me feeling akward, nothing more.

He doesn't come near to how Michael's death touched me.

Michael... I still don't get it, and I don't think I ever will. He has always been here, he has always been such a huge support. He will always be my number 1. I miss him dearly. I don't think Ive been this shocked about anyones death but Michaels. I haven't been totally myself since the tragic and I feel like everything in my life has changed. I don't feel like myself any longer. It's like losing a big part of yourself. It hurts beyond words.

Also when James Brown died I was devastated. I remember the day before his death I watched a show with him and the next day I got the terrible news. I cried very much that day.

Just Michael's. Gregory Peck died at 87 and lived a full life and so did Robert Mitchum who died at 80 so their deaths weren't shocking in the way Michael's was.

I don't agree but some people say it is better (obviously not for family, friends, fans) for a star to die young rather than fade away. They make the case using James Dean and Marlon Brando as examples.

I was pretty sad when Tupac died, but I wasn't the least bit shocked, either. He died the way he rapped, and I knew it was only a matter of time before he wouldn't be able to escape another shooting alive. So his passing bothered me, but once again... I wasn't surprised by it.

Michael Jackson is the ONLY celeb passing that has EVER made me super sad and emotional because he was there almost all of my life. The man ALWAYS came back after a hiatus... and I always loved his comebacks. I seriously expected him to come back yet again... and that is exactly what he was going to do--but it didn't happen. This is why I am completely devastated about his passing, among MANY other reasons.

Last edited:
yea.. id mention others but noone seems to get close to the pain over michael. others stars i really liked died before i was born so its not the same as those who were alive at that time, but i will mention tupac since it bothered me some.

yea.. id mention others but noone seems to get close to the pain over michael. others stars i really liked died before i was born so its not the same as those who were alive at that time, but i will mention tupac since it bothered me some.
If I had been around when Marilyn died it would have upset me also. She was another gentle soul who was much misunderstood in my opinion. And BTW also a much better actress than she's been given credit for.

Freddy Mercury and now Michael Jackson.

I thought Freddy was extremely brave in the face of his life sentence which AIDS is. He fought it bravely and he didn't let on to the rest of his band until it was obvious to see he was dying. Like Michael, most of Freddie's later songs were about his life and about how life must go on, etc.

MJ as we know sung about the shit going on in his life from the media.

Yeah, I agree. Although I was 13 when Freddie died, so that didn't affect me emotionally that much as now Michael's death, but I liked him very much. I remember watching his tribute concert with my family and friends.

To me Michael and Freddie were the two greatest pop/rock musicians ever. Forget Elvis, forget the Beatles, as far as I am concerned these two guys are the true geniuses of pop/rock music.

Back