Artists Deaths That Have Touched You The Most

Michael's has hurt me so much, because I never felt this way and connection about any other artist except for him. I'm not saying I'm not sad about other artists passing but this one has had the most impact on me. When Mick Jagger and Keith Richards pass away I know I will feel very sad too

mike-mike's only! I haven't cried over many family members death and that's cuz I wasn't close to them (aunts uncle grandparents) I don't like to feel weak and to me crying is ugly looking and weak so thats why I didn't and for one of my grandmothers I just don't remember being sad. But for michael I cried the most I have in life for so long. His memorial (i was wet from sweating and crying) and the night of opening night I cried so much until my eyes were swollen the next day those were one of my worst two days. I thankfully haven't lost family i'm closest too. (bro sis, mom dad.)

As far as celebrity deaths there are many that made me sad but I didn't really shed any tears over them like I did for Michael. It really felt like a family member died. The ones that affected me more than others were:

Selena
Princess Diana
Kurt Cobain

The one and only artist who had touched with his death was Michael.
Call me cruel and heartless but not even my family affected me that much...

Basically just Michael... makes you think about how you've been living your own life. And then next would be Aaliyah, even though I wasn't aware so much about her demise, but her music is somethign special. RIP to both of y'all.

I have been hugely affected by Mike's death...more than i would have imagined.
Like ohters have said,as i have never lost a parent, sister or child his death has affected me more than the ones of familkymembers (grandparents, uncles).

I was also really sad aboutr the death of Steve Irwin, he was just too young and me and my oldest son love watching his shows.
I have cried over it too..

Others that affected me are the deaths of Bob Marley (eventho he died when i was 4), Ladi Di, Lucky Dube, Guusje Nederhorts (duthc singer/actress that died of cancer short after her baby was born).

I was very young when Freddy Mercury dide, and I didn't understand it, but his life and death have touched me as I've grown older and done my research about him. He was amazing.

Princess Diana's death affected me a little bit.

Steve Irwin's did a bit too, I was very sad about that, he was a great man.

Lisa 'Left eye' Lopez, she was my strong female idol as I grew up, and was very upset when she died.

I was a little upset when Heath Ledger died. He was a fantastic actor and I felt devastated for his child.

But Michael's has effected me more intensly than anyone else...

Michael is the one that shocked me the most...but really REALLY shocked me

since I am Italian and I truly admired him...Luciano Pavarotti shocke me too

he was also Michael friend as you know and just last week I saw on a magazine the pic of them 2 at an Italian tv show of 1997 and I was like " Would you ever think just 2 years ago that in 2 years they would be both gone? :( "

I remember also when Freddie Mercury and Kurt Cobain died...but for Freddie I was too young to feel such a pain...Kurt didn't surprise me very much

I remember feeling bad also when Marcello Mastroianni died..

Last edited:
Noo lol! He didn't die, I said if he did die, then I would feel awfully sad about that one as well.
oops:doh:. I miss read your post. lol. I was like HUH?? I know good and well I haven't heard mick dying. Sorry. lol

Only Michael and Steve Irwins death had touched me, but most of all Michael :( !

Last edited:
MJ's death is probably the only one that's cut me real deep. I suppose because it's been my first moment of intense grief. I've never really looked upon artists which admiration like I have MJ.

Only Michael. He is the only celebrity death I have ever felt any personal emotion because of.

I wish he was alive. Perhaps we should cryogenically freeze him and bring him back to life? Probably too late now, but I'd have supported it if it had been done. I know people would have thought it as freakish, but I don't care. I wish he would have put that in his will. Actually surprised that he didn't.

Luther Vandross was a MAJOR loss to me and my family. My mom was sooooooooo obsessed with him. She went to any concert in the area and my whole childhood was full of his melodic voice. I cried for weeks listening to his songs when I learned that he passed and she broke down. It was a terrible loss.

Michael was the same way, the only other half of my childhood soundtrack. Not to mention, with him, unlike with Luther, i WANTED him. I lost my very first love when he died. I have always thought that he was the epitome of beautiful with his look from like 86-92 (pretty much the look like my avatar) and he set the stage for how my other boyfriends looked (not that anyone ever came close, BLAH). It was a majorly sad that, especially because I just did NOT see it coming. with Luther I expected it, he as sick and older...but Michael? I just honestly NEVER thought about him dying. it just didn't seem possible, he had an immortal quality to him. I just never even CONSIDERED it.

I also cried and felt bad when Princess Diana, Heath Ledger (very similar death to MJ, just wanted to sleep and clear his mind), Selena, and 2Pac died. I'm a sap, so when I feel strongly sad about something, it REALLY hits me.

RIP to all of our great ones we miss :'(

Last edited:
Only Michael for me. I'm always saddened by the news of the untimely death of a talented individual, but there's no emotional attachment involved. Unlike with Michael. :(

Freddie & Michael's by far i was only 2 years old when Freddie passed and i still remember crying when he passed even at that young age i totally loved Freddie Mercury, smiler cycle with MJ i cried bucket loads when he died

I actually posted this response in another post on this part of the board. I saw that subject before I saw this one. So I figured I would post my response to this too.

Of course Michael's death has really touched me a lot. I am so so sad about it I really am. It is almost like I lost someone I actually knew with his death.

But another artist that died a few years ago that really touched me when he died was Layne Staley. As you will read below, he was a drug addict for years and most everyone who knew of Layne knew that his demise sadly was inevitable, but still when it did happen, it was really sad......

One of my favorite bands is Alice In Chains. Their lead singer Layne Staley died in 2002 from a drug overdose. A combination of Heroin and Cocaine were found in his system. To all of you who may not know the story of how he died....well here it is. It is probably one of the saddest stories of the death of a musician too.

This is a part of a story about Layne Staley written whey he died (that is why this part seems to be like there was something written before it, but I chose this because it's a pretty good summary of things that happened). This was taken from Askanswers.com-

"But the sporadic work eventually ground to a halt, as Staley seemed more interested in feeding his drug habit than pursuing music. His life took a turn for the worst in 1996 when his fiancée died from drugs, which friends say made the former Alice in Chains frontman blot out the pain with further drug abuse. During the last few years of his life, Staley rarely left his Seattle condominium, and refused to answer the door or phone when former bandmates or friends came around to check on the singer's condition (which had supposedly deteriorated to the point that he had lost most of his teeth and had abscesses all over his arms). Although it shouldn't have come as quite a surprise, the rock music world was shocked when Staley's dead body was found on a sofa in his condo, the victim of a lethal overdose of heroin and cocaine. Since the body had been in the apartment for two weeks and had begun to decompose, it was hard to determine at first the exact date of Staley's passing. Eventually, a date was determined, which proved to be eerie -- April 5, 2002 -- exactly eight years to the day that another leading figure of the early '90s Seattle rock scene also took his life, Kurt Cobain. ~ Greg Prato, All Music Guide "

Very sad. Many people feel that Nirvana and Alice in Chains were the Beatles and the Rolling Stones of Grunge (although I really don't think that Alice ever belonged in that category). So for Kurt and Layne to die the same day just different years makes it even more eerie.

The fact that he had so dropped out of life that it took two weeks for anyone to know he was dead is just the saddest part for me. This was a man with so many fans, that was famous. And he died totally alone, and worse no one even knew for two weeks. My God how sad is that? On so so many levels. The only reason anyone knew that something may be wrong is because his accountants noticed that money was no longer coming out of his account (it came out everyday for the purchasing of drugs they knew). So when it stopped and just did not pick up again after two weeks, that is when the Police were summoned to do a wellness check on Layne. And as you read, by then he had long left this earth.

For all of you who have no idea who Layne Staley is, or who Alice in Chains are and don't know what a talent the music world lost on that day in April 2002 here is a video showing just how amazing Layne's voice was. There has never been, nor will there ever be anyone that sounds like Layne again. He had the most amazing beautiful voice. It was just incredible. And Alice's music is just incredible....
Here is a video of Layne at his best-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfFtyOpwQkQ

It is also a tribute set to the song.... too. Love this song as well.....

Thanks for reading, and who knows maybe I converted some new fans to AIC......

KG

Back