ATT: Australian Fans Memorial Gathering!

Virgin Megastore is at the very end (bottom, George St side) of Martin Place. Walk UP the hill (Martin Pl slopes upwards) and get to Macquarie St (right at the top of Martin Pl).

Turn RIGHT on Macquarie and follow it all the way down (i'm pretty sure it links up to Elizabeth St) and you should see Hyde Park across the road. It's huge, you cant miss it.

Thanks for writing this up, appreciate it. In the morning I will look and see the best approach. I may skip the fun ferry ride and just get off the train closer to the park. Not sure yet.

The main organiser for the Sydney memorial, Holly, just texted me saying that it's confirmed! She had to get council and police approval. I will post details as soon as I get them.

Can someone please tell me where the melb memorial is going to be?
like the wherebouts of where the chapel is?

Im confused...where will the meet up be? At that chapel place or at fed square?

The main organiser for the Sydney memorial, Holly, just texted me saying that it's confirmed! She had to get council and police approval. I will post details as soon as I get them.

I got this message a little bit ago from the Sydney Memorial page on facebook and wanted to pass it on:

Hi guys,

Just an update that we've had to move it to Sandringham Memorial Gardens, Hyde Park, which is just a 5 minute walk from the previous location. We had to obtain permission from the council to hold the event, and having it in Martin Place was just not possible.

We will station people at Martin Place to direct you if you don't know where the new location is, just in case! :)

I got this message a little bit ago from the Sydney Memorial page on facebook and wanted to pass it on:

Hi guys,

Just an update that we've had to move it to Sandringham Memorial Gardens, Hyde Park, which is just a 5 minute walk from the previous location. We had to obtain permission from the council to hold the event, and having it in Martin Place was just not possible.

We will station people at Martin Place to direct you if you don't know where the new location is, just in case! :)

Does anyone know what time? I can't go on facebook at the moment.

EDIT: Found time (11am) I will be attending.

BTW the nearest train station is St James.

Last edited:
I'm in Melbourne...
I'm having a lot of trouble getting out of the house but if there is anything else on, could maybe someone here pm me? I just have a hard time reading through the threads..
thankyou so much!!!!!!
xoxo

I'm still waiting for more info on the Melbounre memorial too.

Hope ur doing ok 8701girl.

Please do email us when the fed square people reply HumbleHeart.

I'm sure they will be showing the funeral on the big screen when it is going on.
It will be good for all fans to be sad together. It's comforting to have the company of other fans, because most other people don't understand what all the real fans are feeling inside.

When we all meet at fed square, I will bring a big bunch of red roses for MJ and maybe a poster so we can all keep things like candles and stuff near it.

And I'm also going to assume that when the funeral is held, it will be night time in Melb, so we better bring jackets...as well as lots of tissues :(

How did it go in Sydney? I didn't see this thread till today, but am in Adelaide anyway & it would've been tricky.

i wish there was confirmation if there gonna show memeorial at fed sqaure!!! garrhh!!! i hate this,doesna nyone have any confirmation for melbourne

I was at BOTH Sydney memorial events today.

There was one at 11am at Hyde Park which went until around 3pm... (pictures coming)
and then at 5pm in Martin Place there was a "Mass Moonwalk" which was still going at 8pm.

This guy drove a Mini onto Martin Pl with 2 massive speakers and pumped MJ music. I'd say at it's peak there was over 200 people all dancing/watching. (videos coming soon!)

I was there at both as well. Moonwalked for the first time in my life really... since I never really had the confidence to dance ...

I didn't stay at hyde park the entire morning, but i went crazy Jackson shopping around the city. Just getting stuff that is now coming out which was almost out of print just a few weeks ago. And I got my Time Special, my friend bought the Rolling stone special. Had to buy some Janet and James Brown stuff as well. The girl at the counter was like "everyone is buying Michael, why you buying janet?" and i was like "I've got all of Michael's stuff and more, so there's no need." we chatted a bit about the concert, holding up the line haha

It was really great. The morning was intimate and the night was just... just... GREAT!

I think the moment where we all held hands, or hugged or linked arms, in this massive circle and sang heal the word was a beautiful moment. A lot of us were looking towards the stars, or had tears in their eyes. In the words of MJ himself, Magical.

thanks for the news guys - it's good to read about the Australian memorials

I cant wait to see pics of u guys in sydney..im sure u all have done us proud and michael will be especially proud of you all! :)

Hello fellow aussie fans.

Hope you all are doing ok.

Thought I'd bump this thread becuse as far as I know, we have not had a proper Michael memorial in Melbounre.
There has been one memorial church service which I did not find out about untill after it happened. I was pretty dissapointed that I missed it.

Anyway,
!!!!!!!!!!!!I was watching one of the sunday news programs on chanel 9 just a little while ago and they have announced that they will be showing the broadcast of the memorial concert at the Staples Center (in L.A.) live at 3AM on Wednesday morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know about you other Melbourne fans, but we are are in the middle of the frezzing cold winter and to meet at Federation Square at 3 in the morning on a freezing cold work day would be impractical.

I will email Channel Nine and ask them if they will be replaying the memorial from the Staples Centre at a later time in the moring or evening. Iknow they will anyway, but the question is when.

Looking forward to sharing stories, feelings, memories and thoughts with all you other Melbounre fans at Federation Square sometime on Wednesday.

thank u so much for the news about the memorial. also, that is nice that there was a memorial church service for Michael in melbourne.

Hope you all are doing ok.

Thought I'd bump this thread becuse as far as I know, we have not had a proper Michael memorial in Melbounre.
There has been one memorial church service which I did not find out about untill after it happened. I was pretty dissapointed that I missed it.

Anyway,
!!!!!!!!!!!!I was watching one of the sunday news programs on chanel 9 just a little while ago and they have announced that they will be showing the broadcast of the memorial concert at the Staples Center (in L.A.) live at 3AM on Wednesday morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know about you other Melbourne fans, but we are are in the middle of the frezzing cold winter and to meet at Federation Square at 3 in the morning on a freezing cold work day would be impractical.

I will email Channel Nine and ask them if they will be replaying the memorial from the Staples Centre at a later time in the moring or evening. Iknow they will anyway, but the question is when.

Looking forward to sharing stories, feelings, memories and thoughts with all you other Melbounre fans at Federation Square sometime on Wednesday.

\Looking forward to sharing stories, feelings, memories and thoughts with all you other Melbounre fans at Federation Square sometime on Wednesday.

So is everyone meeting at fed square on wednesay?
what time?

The plan is for Melbounre fans to meet at Federation Square on Wednesday, but because 3AM is a bad time for fans to be remembering Michael out in the freezing cold on a weekday morning during the working week, I think it would be best if everyone met Wednesday evening.

I am sure that Channel 9 will be broadcasting the memorial service agian in the afternoon or night, so this would be the best time for us to meet.

So...THE MELBOUNRE MEMORIAL FOR MICHAEL JACKSON WILL TAKE PLACE AT FEDERATION SQUARE ON WEDNESDAY THE 8TH. THE TIME IS TBA (TO BE ADVISED).

Sorry i had to captial all that, but I really want to show Michael and everyone that we love him and will always remember him and adore him.

If any other Melbounre fans are for this, please tell if you are able to make it.

I really wish I could have been at the Sydney memorial but I look forward to catching up with as many of you as possible on Wednesday in Melbourne at Federation Sq.

Back