BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion [Closed] please cont. discussion in BAD25 Announcement thread

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Skrillex, Diplo and A Trak to remix Michael Jackson

Skrillex, Diplo and A Trak will work on the new version of the classic track as part of a promotion for Pepsi, who will distribute the track for free and is part of the drinks company's Live For Now campaign, which is fronted by Nicki Minaj. The remix also ties in with the 25th anniversary of Michael Jackson's 'Bad' single and album.

To me it seems that they only do Bad remix, no other songs?

Re: BAD 25 - 2012 - Official Discussion Thread

To Sony & The Estate of Michael Jackson please release the Bad Tour 1988 on DVD, Blu-Ray & in cinemas.

Joe Vogel ‏ @JoeVogel1

@U4MJL It will be worth the wait from what I'm hearing. :)
Gespräch zeigen

Antworten
Retweeten
Favorisieren

12:52 AM - 1 Mai 12 via web · Details
1 Mai Birgit Birgit ‏ @birgiterika

@JoeVogel1 @u4mjl @SanDiegoMJfan I hope we FINALLY get to hear Buffalo Bill! I also hope for Michael McKellar, but doubt we'll see that.
Erweitern

Antworten
Retweeten
Favorisieren

1 Mai Birgit Birgit ‏ @birgiterika

@JoeVogel1 @u4mjl @SanDiegoMJfan Oh, Joe- do you have insider info you can share? We won't tell! :)
Erweitern

Antworten
Retweeten
Favorisieren

1 Mai LOVE is my message LOVE is my message ‏ @SanDiegoMJfan

@JoeVogel1 @U4MJL http://www.billboard.com/news/pepsi...th-nicki-minaj-preps-michael-1006917152.story you guys read this yet?
Erweitern

Antw

I found the part I was talking about. Here it is at 7:50...

[youtube]ckCGsIsqrnQ[/youtube]
So gangsta, I'm thinking it has this Streetwalker beat to it

^^Who knows. We won't know if they won't release it. It's still pretty interesting that out of all of the songs that were mentioned, he actually 'got into' this one for a couple of seconds there. :D

^^Who knows. We won't know if they won't release it. It's still pretty interesting that out of all of the songs that were mentioned, he actually 'got into' this one for a couple of seconds there. :D

Just a few nods of the head, a few beats, and we go crazy...loool...

Please release the Bad Tour 1988 on DVD, Blu-Ray & in cinemas every fan wants it so much and we will be eternally greatful.

A-Trak just tweeted:

A-Trak ? @atrak
The amount of ways this MJ story has gotten misconstrued in the last 24 hrs is pretty funny.

To Sony & The Estate please release the Bad Tour 1988 on DVD, Blu-Ray & in cinemas this year.

To Sony & The Estate please release the Bad Tour 1988 on DVD, Blu-Ray & in cinemas this year.

I think you made your point very clear Zakk, don't worry about it. It's not like begging for the same thing over and over again is the only thing that's 'keeping everything in line'. Don't worry, their plans won't change if you stop requesting the same thing over and over again, and they won't change if you keep requesting it either.

Just an advice...

Skrillex-Diplo-Big.jpg

MUSIC<iframe allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.1335513764.html#_=1335985506449&count=horizontal&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.deathandtaxesmag.com%2F182614%2Fskrillex-and-diplo-to-remix-michael-jackson%2F&size=m&text=Skrillex%20and%20Diplo%20to%20remix%20Michael%20Jackson&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.deathandtaxesmag.com%2F182614%2Fskrillex-and-diplo-to-remix-michael-jackson%2F" class="twitter-share-button twitter-count-horizontal" title="Twitter Tweet Button" style="float: left; width: 108px; height: 20px; "></iframe>

Skrillex and Diplo to remix Michael Jackson

By Ned Hepburn 1 hour ago

Obscenely popular dubstep DJ Skrillex and obscenely popular hipster DJ Diplo will be remixing Michael Jackson’s “Bad” for a new Pepsi commercial, because nothing says “youth” like remixing a song from 25 years ago, does it not?
A-Trak will also join in, somehow, on the production clusterfuck that the remix EP will surely be. The three <strike>amigos</strike> DJs will be releasing the remix package at some point in the summer (via a special can of Pepsi that listeners will need to buy and scan with their phones) to coincide with the 25th anniversary of “Bad.”
It’s been a banner year for Skrillex who was nominated for multiple Grammys and also looks not unlike what would happen if there was a new Muppet on Sesame Street. Diplo has been busy jet-setting around the world and collaborating with Beyonce, and A-Trak has been busy wearing scarves indoors and looking remarkably like Death and Taxes publisher Stephen Blackwell. D&T will keep you posted on the song when it eventually drops if we haven’t torn our ears off in a fit of rage.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/182614/skrillex-and-diplo-to-remix-michael-jackson/

I want to get this straight. The remixes are for the pepsi cans and commercials? If they re-release the album we could still get unreleased songs? I think it could be fun and interesting. As long as it respected Michael.

Exciting news arrive us today. It appears that a new production triumvirate has formed, for one song at least. According to FACT Mag, Pepsi has recruited Skrillex, Diplo and A-Trak to remix Michael Jackson's timeless 1986 hit "Bad." The remix package will be released to coincide for the 25th anniversary of the album release later this month, and will be accessed through a special Pepsi-can promotion where fans can scan a code with their phone to hear a song. The beverage giant has revealed the multiyear global marketing campaign called Live for Now and will feature soundtracks by some of the biggest names in music today.

http://hypetrak.com/2012/05/skrillex-diplo-a-trak-to-remix-michael-jackson/

With the surging popularity behind dance and electronic music&#8230; or EDM as your naf friends would call it, droves of global brands are getting behind international producers with more money then ever!The most recent gamble is PepsiCo&#8217;s efforts to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Michael Jacksons album, &#8216;Bad&#8217; by enlisting Billboards hottest producers, Diplo, A-Trak and Skrillex to remix tracks taken from the record.
<center style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; line-height: 20px; "><iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dsUXAEzaC3Q" frameborder="0" width="420" height="315"></iframe></center>
Now i&#8217;m sure the results might actually be fathomable considering each have a fairly studious amount of skill and talent but how someone thought to take the now passed king of pop&#8217;s work and give it a modern spin is beyond me.Things are special for a reason and just because a trend is all consuming and you so dearly want your brand to connectdoesn&#8217;t mean you should touch things that have a place in time&#8230; especially not to be regurgitated into a warbling, chopped mess.It seems like the deed has already been done though with the promotion set to run and allow purchasers the ability unlock tracks by scanning barcodes on the specially embossed cans via mobile phones (just how MJ would have liked it huh).I wonder when the bubble will pop?

http://stoneyroads.com/a-trak-skrillex-and-diplo-to-take-on-michael-jackson/

I really, really hope these remixes turn out bad ass :D ...It takes a lot of talent to make a good remix, ESPECIALLY a remix of Michael Jackson's music :D

Are these DJs like dubstep type music? I hope not lol

Last edited:
bluesky;3632061 said:
Skrillex-Diplo-Big.jpg

MUSIC<iframe allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.1335513764.html#_=1335985506449&count=horizontal&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.deathandtaxesmag.com%2F182614%2Fskrillex-and-diplo-to-remix-michael-jackson%2F&size=m&text=Skrillex%20and%20Diplo%20to%20remix%20Michael%20Jackson&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.deathandtaxesmag.com%2F182614%2Fskrillex-and-diplo-to-remix-michael-jackson%2F" class="twitter-share-button twitter-count-horizontal" title="Twitter Tweet Button" style="float: left; width: 108px; height: 20px; "></iframe>

Skrillex and Diplo to remix Michael Jackson

By Ned Hepburn 1 hour ago

Obscenely popular dubstep DJ Skrillex and obscenely popular hipster DJ Diplo will be remixing Michael Jackson&#8217;s &#8220;Bad&#8221; for a new Pepsi commercial, because nothing says &#8220;youth&#8221; like remixing a song from 25 years ago, does it not?
A-Trak will also join in, somehow, on the production clusterfuck that the remix EP will surely be. The three <strike>amigos</strike> DJs will be releasing the remix package at some point in the summer (via a special can of Pepsi that listeners will need to buy and scan with their phones) to coincide with the 25th anniversary of &#8220;Bad.&#8221;
It&#8217;s been a banner year for Skrillex who was nominated for multiple Grammys and also looks not unlike what would happen if there was a new Muppet on Sesame Street. Diplo has been busy jet-setting around the world and collaborating with Beyonce, and A-Trak has been busy wearing scarves indoors and looking remarkably like Death and Taxes publisher Stephen Blackwell. D&T will keep you posted on the song when it eventually drops if we haven&#8217;t torn our ears off in a fit of rage.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/182614/skrillex-and-diplo-to-remix-michael-jackson/

I like how the article basically disses the three so called 'superstar DJs' (whatever the f*ck that's supposed to mean) and says the whole thing is quite stupid, which from a business point of view I kind of disagree but from a personal point of view (as an MJ fan that hates today's mainstream music) I very much agree. At least someone has the balls to write such an article. Kudos for whoever wrote it!

Arklove;3632075 said:
Are these DJ's like dubstep type music? I hope not lol

Oh yes they are, I'm afraid. I had to look up that Skittles guy cuz his name caught my attention first (didn't bother looking up the other two dudes) and my gawd, his music is just... just, hear for yourself...

[youtube]WSeNSzJ2-Jw[/youtube]

EPILEPTIC SEIZURE TIME!!!

klhjiasidghf7iwe4gfn83w7g5uinhagg!!!!!

Am I doing this right?

Last edited:

^^:lmao:

there is a reason i no longer do clubbing. i get headache hearing the kind of music they play.

i am so looking forward to the minute these tracks drop. not because i'm particularly interested in the remixes themselves but because i absolutely cannot wait to read everyone's reactions in here. it will be mayhem for sure ;)

and @zakk: please do keep requesting the BAD tour on dvd/blu-ray. your posts are the highlight of my day. It's like the popcorn gif: there can never be too much. :)

I like how the article basically disses the three so called 'superstar DJs' (whatever the f*ck that's supposed to mean) and says the whole thing is quite stupid, which from a business point of view I kind of disagree but from a personal point of view (as an MJ fan that hates today's mainstream music) I very much agree. At least someone has the balls to write such an article. Kudos for whoever wrote it!

Oh yes they are, I'm afraid. I had to look up that Skittles guy cuz his name caught my attention first (didn't bother looking up the other two dudes) and my gawd, his music is just... just, hear for yourself...

Am I doing this right?

Ugh, exactly what I was afraid of...Well, let's see what they can do with a song chock full of melody....

The last time I went to a club it was non stop music like this....And I mean, NON-STOP, to the point where I left solely for that reason....

I'm just curious to see what they come up with :D

"You know I'm BAA-BA-BA-BADzz *tzzz* *boop* *chks*, I'm BAaAaAaAd... kjhsakdjf *BOOM BOOM* *kah* zzzuUM* *tss*"

Lovely!

PS: For those of you who are wondering 'dafuq did i just read?', that was just my attempt at translating a Bad dubstep remix into text...

Last edited:

To SONY & Pepsi, regarding the BAD project and some DJs that will apparently take part in the remixes,

I would like to clear some things up on the behalf of Mr. Michael Jackson. Indeed, when Mr. Michael Jackson titled his song and his album BAD, it was a figure of speech, not a challenge. So please make it real good.

^^^

True!! Don't mess this project up!!

I love Bumper Snippet's post lol

To SONY & Pepsi, regarding the BAD project and some DJs that will apparently take part in the remixes,

I would like to clear some things up on the behalf of Mr. Michael Jackson. Indeed, when Mr. Michael Jackson titled his song and his album BAD, it was a figure of speech, not a challenge. So please make it real good.

:clap: Lmbo I couldn't agree more.

Am I doing this right?
Roflmao!

I first thought my computer acted weird...

Til 0.46 really was enough.

So this is Skrillex? Mmm...hope he doesn't work on Liberian Girl...:bugeyed

Doesn't what they end up doing have to be approved? They can't just remix the song and that is it. I hope for the best possible outcome for this. I am not big into remixes to be honest but I will keep an open mind and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back