BAD Tour 1987 get's overlooked a lot

Vocally this leg of his tour I think was beautiful.
Dancing wise, I think he was still getting a feel of his abilities.

Imagine Man In The Mirror, Another Part of Me in 1987.

giphy.gif

Human Nature in Brisbane is one of my favourite performances!

Oh, yes! And Lovely One in Brisbane is one of his best performances of that song too imo (oh how I hate that tape cut!)

Imagine Man In The Mirror, Another Part of Me in 1987.

tumblr_mspx9lGLX91qlgbzbo1_500.gif

such a shame he never got to sing those songs with those flawless '87 live vocals :sigh:

People focus on the 88/89 shows more, because they have the better set lists. But the 87 shows also deserves love. I think MJ's vocals were at their strongest during the 87 shows, and Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) is one of his best performances ever.

Love the beatboxing at 1:05
Mm, yes the beatboxing at 1.05 - fabulous. The entire performance in this clip is sensational.

I love the black outfit he wears for this Tokyo show. Looks amazing. Wish he had worn it more often. Picture quality not great but sound seems better than Yokohama, imo.

Last edited:
People focus on the 88/89 shows more, because they have the better set lists. But the 87 shows also deserves love. I think MJ's vocals were at their strongest during the 87 shows, and Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) is one of his best performances ever.

4:08 - I think this is the best WBSS performance
Love these, too.

Love this. The fire in his eyes!

Picture quality not great - I've seen (small) gifs that had really sharp picture quality so maybe there's another version out there. This is the only one that came up when I searched.

Last edited:

Really like the bits I've seen from the Yokohama show. This is a great version of HN.

Last edited:

OK, that was weird. Just watched Brisbane, 1987 (HD) on YT but can't post it. Apparently it's unavailable. Not sure I buy that. I'm gonna try again.

Last edited:

Try again, lol.

Yesss!!! It worked this time. Different version so not HD.

So. Brisbane. People keep raving about this and now I've seen it I can see why. Great performance from Michael plus you can see and hear a bit of audience reaction which makes it feel more like a gig.

Last edited:
I don't think they can release it in much better quality. I didn't notice any difference in the few songs that were extras in Wembley DVD.
There's a huge difference between their master and our crappy copy. A poor transfer may have caused issues with the songs included on the Wembley DVD, but check the bits on the 2003 CBS documentary which was released as "The One".

Even though Brisbane has ___ in it I would still want to see the entire show someday. Especially for Stevies appearence.

Energy/vocal wise the first leg is his best imo. Second leg has the better set list.
We need to somehow find better rips of the Tokyo shows.

Even though Brisbane has ___ in it I would still want to see the entire show someday. Especially for Stevies appearence.
Oh, I didn't realise Brisbane was the 'Stevie' one. Cool. Or not cool, if we don't have the footage.

Energy/vocal wise the first leg is his best imo.
This is what is blowing me away. I haven't watched a ton of live footage and most of what I have watched is HWT which doesn't really work for me. I love the photos from HWT but the actual gigs don't do it for me. I'm deeply immersed in this first Tokyo gig (black top) and am loving it, mostly for the energy. And his vocals, obvs. The Bad show does look quite dated - apart from Michael. The Bad outfit is awesome (especially the black one) and is timeless. Everything about him is timeless. But even though the show is a bit dated it is visually exciting to watch and I love his interactions with his dancers.

We need to somehow find better rips of the Tokyo shows.
I wish! I'm massively grateful to have access to what is currently available but it is frustrating. With this first Tokyo show, I knew the picture quality wasn't great but hadn't realised that the sound cuts out every now and then.

Last edited:
These shows are fine but as for the setlist, it's just a Jacksons show with MJ, which is fine, but I like seeing the Bad album songs on the Bad tour.

These shows are fine but as for the setlist, it's just a Jacksons show with MJ, which is fine, but I like seeing the Bad album songs on the Bad tour.
And I'm only just realising this.

Haven't watched much Jacksons live stuff - just a few bits here and there. But, yeah, I agree, it does look a lot like a Jacksons show. The dance routines, everything seems to be a continuation of what he did with the brothers. I'm OK with that and can understand it. HWT live footage doesn't hold my attention. I can barely get through an entire song. But this stuff has me mesmerised. So I'm happy.

I think Yokohama 87 is better than Victory Tour. MJ was at his best, the band/dancers were great and the staging was much better

Of course I'd love a new 88 show to be released first but I'd love some 87 leg shows to leak, that first show in the black shirt is phenomenal

Oh, I didn't realise Brisbane was the 'Stevie' one. Cool. Or not cool, if we don't have the footage.

This is what is blowing me away. I haven't watched a ton of live footage and most of what I have watched is HWT which doesn't really work for me. I love the photos from HWT but the actual gigs don't do it for me. I'm deeply immersed in this first Tokyo gig (black top) and am loving it, mostly for the energy. And his vocals, obvs. The Bad show does look quite dated - apart from Michael. The Bad outfit is awesome (especially the black one) and is timeless. Everything about him is timeless. But even though the show is a bit dated it is visually exciting to watch and I love his interactions with his dancers.

I wish! I'm massively grateful to have access to what is currently available but it is frustrating. With this first Tokyo show, I knew the picture quality wasn't great but hadn't realised that the sound cuts out every now and then.
Yeah for whatever reason only the first half of Brisbane was leaked. We had amateur audio that proved stevie was there. It's unfortunate the only footage from that moment comes from __.

The tokyo red shirt footage was my first time seeing the first leg in HD. His energy was always insane here. If the first leg ever gets released it will probably be yokohama though.

Yeah for whatever reason only the first half of Brisbane was leaked. We had amateur audio that proved stevie was there. It's unfortunate the only footage from that moment comes from __.

The tokyo red shirt footage was my first time seeing the first leg in HD. His energy was always insane here. If the first leg ever gets released it will probably be yokohama though.
I have so much to catch up on. But I'm not complaining, lol.

Yes, thank you. I definitely need to go and track that one down.
Most of these are on youtube in quite bad quality. I don't know if there are any better quality BWT footage, other than Wembley.

Most of these are on youtube in quite bad quality. I don't know if there are any better quality BWT footage, other than Wembley.
How about Rome and Tokyo 1988?

How about Rome and Tokyo 1988?
Rome is only half available and not that great quality. I don't think I have found Tokyo 1988 in good quality either.
Though looks like Yokohama silver shirt video is not that bad but audio quality does not look good.

Rome is only half available and not that great quality. I don't think I have found Tokyo 1988 in good quality either.
Though looks like Yokohama silver shirt video is not that bad but audio quality does not look good.
Rome and Tokyo are way superior to Wembley.

Back