BAD Tour 1987 get's overlooked a lot

Wow, thank you so much. Have just watched the first ten minutes and I already love it. Picture quality crap, of course, but I'm resigned to that now. Audio quality seems fine, though. Great performance so far. Loving his energy. And it feels different to my lovely Tokyo (black top) show so that's good.

I'm going back in.

Footage quality (I assumed that's what you were referring to).
I am only looking on YT, so unless something was shared here,
This is probably the best - Rome 1988, but its only half the concert. Wembley I found on the official channel.

I am only looking on YT, so unless something was shared here,
This is probably the best - Rome 1988, but its only half the concert. Wembley I found on the official channel.

Oh, you're a newcomer, right?

So, uhm, lemme break down the basics to you. When it comes to YouTube, anything below 4K is highly compressed and that compromises the actual quality. What you see in this upload is very far from the real quality.

This is the actual quality of Rome:
lFr4EjJ.png

and Tokyo:
k7FLop0.png

So, if you're gonna watch stuff on YouTube, stick to the ones that are 1080p and higher (720p at least). Anything below that will be crap.

Oh, you're a newcomer, right?

So, uhm, lemme break down the basics to you. When it comes to YouTube, anything below 4K is highly compressed and that compromises the actual quality. What you see in this upload is very far from the real quality.
Thank you for the information, though could have done without the demeaning tone.

Thank you for the information, though could have done without the demeaning tone.
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound demeaning.
I just thought you could be a newcomer and you're not really supposed to know that anyway.

My sincere apologies if I offended you.

When it comes to YouTube, anything below 4K is highly compressed and that compromises the actual quality. What you see in this upload is very far from the real quality.

So, if you're gonna watch stuff on YouTube, stick to the ones that are 1080p and higher (720p at least). Anything below that will be crap.
OK, ngl, all this techie stuff is not my superpower, lol. Can I request a translation? If I'm watching stuff on YT how do I know whether the vid is 1080p or 720p? I saw that there were 2 YT Osaka vids available. But I couldn't see how I would find out this thing about 1080p or whatever. How do you check for that? Where is the info? I can't see it in the description.

In one sense it doesn't matter that much. I'm so used to seeing crap quality footage of Michael (rehearsals, for example). It's annoying but I'm resigned to it. If that's all we have, so be it.

But I'm also a bit intrigued by this techie info.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound demeaning.
I just thought you could be a newcomer and you're not really supposed to know that anyway.

My sincere apologies if I offended you.
alright, apology accepted, afterall its an exciting day for a "newcomer", first time hearing about an actual release. All the excitement and speculations!
(Before you ask, I was either not born or living under a rock during ALL the previous releases)

@zinniabooklover

I don't know anything about quality either but I do know when you watch a YouTube video you can check its quality when you click the wheel thing button on the bar below the video. I'm probably not making sense but you'll figure it out šŸ™ƒ

OK, ngl, all this techie stuff is not my superpower, lol. Can I request a translation? If I'm watching stuff on YT how do I know whether the vid is 1080p or 720p? I saw that there were 2 YT Osaka vids available. But I couldn't see how I would find out this thing about 1080p or whatever. How do you check for that? Where is the info? I can't see it in the description.

In one sense it doesn't matter that much. I'm so used to seeing crap quality footage of Michael (rehearsals, for example). It's annoying but I'm resigned to it. If that's all we have, so be it.

But I'm also a bit intrigued by this techie info.
There's a gear icon on the right bottom of the player. That's where you can choose the resolution you want to watch your video in.
Once you click on it, you shall find a "quality" tab. Click on that and there should be a list of all the resolutions available for the upload :)

alright, apology accepted, afterall its an exciting day for a "newcomer", first time hearing about an actual release. All the excitement and speculations!
(Before you ask, I was either not born or living under a rock during ALL the previous releases)
Welcome! It's great that you are here. Let me warn you: being a MJ fan is painful.
Don't get too excited, the Estate likes to have a laugh at our expenses whenever they can.

Welcome! It's great that you are here. Let me warn you: being a MJ fan is painful.
Don't get too excited, the Estate likes to have a laugh at our expenses whenever they can.
What's with all the negativity! Keep the Faith.

PS: Newcomers are often also naive.

There's a gear icon on the right bottom of the player. That's where you can choose the resolution you want to watch your video in.
Once you click on it, you shall find a "quality" tab. Click on that and there should be a list of all the resolutions available for the upload :)

Lurking, but I also appreciate the explanation!!

Also as a new (yet totally obsessed) fan since January 2022 I feel like a baby in the fandom but I can already confirm being an MJ fan is incredibly painful for A LOT of reasons. Itā€™s like the absolute best and worst thing ever, at the same time lol

To the new fans who haven't seen the Bad Tour in HD...[second leg]
omg, this was gorgeous. Is this from the documentary? Cos I haven't watched that. Anyway, this was just perfect. Loads of different shots to the official vid, loads of shots of the crowd - which I LOVE - loads of extra (and better) shots of the band. I love a gig video but it needs to be edited in a certain way to really catch the feel of the gig. Obviously, I love the official vid but this was great. Just brilliant.

Thank you so much. ā˜ŗļø

omg, this was gorgeous. Is this from the documentary? Cos I haven't watched that. Anyway, this was just perfect. Loads of different shots to the official vid, loads of shots of the crowd - which I LOVE - loads of extra (and better) shots of the band. I love a gig video but it needs to be edited in a certain way to really catch the feel of the gig. Obviously, I love the official vid but this was great. Just brilliant.

Thank you so much. ā˜ŗļø
Yes this is from the Bad25 doc which was edited by spike lee. Highly recommend. We hope to someday find the complete concert in this quality.

Yes this is from the Bad25 doc which was edited by spike lee. Highly recommend. We hope to someday find the complete concert in this quality.
Can't watch on YT since they require you to confirm age. That's not happening.

I'm not a completist so am not too bothered if I don't get to see the full doc; I've seen a trailer. I've got so much stuff to catch up on so I don't feel deprived. Maybe when I've seen everything I need to see I'll think about any other stuff I haven't accessed. But thanks again for posting this. Cooler than cool.

Can't watch on YT since they require you to confirm age. That's not happening.

I'm not a completist so am not too bothered if I don't get to see the full doc; I've seen a trailer. I've got so much stuff to catch up on so I don't feel deprived. Maybe when I've seen everything I need to see I'll think about any other stuff I haven't accessed. But thanks again for posting this. Cooler than cool.
Different link. You should be able to watch without any issue (no need to even sign in)
Here is the HD Tokyo Red shirt footage I mentioned earlier

Different link. You should be able to watch without any issue (no need to even sign in)
Here is the HD Tokyo Red shirt footage I mentioned earlier
Crossed wires, I think. I was talking about the full Bad 25 documentary. On YT you have to verify your age to watch it. I'm told you have to give credit card details (wth?) which isn't gonna happen. I love Michael but not that much, lol.

(I'm slightly intrigued by this 'YT signing in' nonsense. It's a documentary about making an album. It's not a tale of wild debauchery and degradation - otherwise known as a tale of Led Zeppelin, lol. How bad can it be?)

The APOM clip, I was able to watch the first one you posted. I already have it on heavy rotation. The second clip here, the Molly Meldrum clip, I have seen that. His interviews were some of the first vids I saw. The 1996 interview is my fave, this one here is my second fave.

But thank you so much for posting these. That's really kind. It's great having all this BWT stuff in one place. I feel like a kid in a sweet shop. :D

Not to praise myself here, but if you feel like extending your research to 1988-89 Bad Tour as well, consider visiting Bad Tour Source.
Just had a very quick look. This isn't my thread, obvs, but it is about Bad 1987 so I don't want it to get too clogged up with 1988 stuff. But I will be moving onto the second leg at some point. I've seen a couple of bits of Wembley but that's all. Gonna be really interesting to see what I think of the later shows. I'll go and have a proper look when I'm done bonding with 1987. It could be a while, lol. I'll probably have to be surgically detached from the first Tokyo show!

Thank you for this. So cool.

I remember watching the bad tour Tokyo on a VHS cassette and it looked terribly blurry. Now it is all a click away on youtube.
@MJbr2 thanks for that youtube link!

I remember watching the bad tour Tokyo on a VHS cassette and it looked terribly blurry. Now it is all a click away on youtube.
Quick derail - speaking of blurry footage, earlier I was watching footage of J5 in Senegal. Loved every minute of it.

Back on topic - all hail YT. If it wasn't for that, I would never have been able to see the first Tokyo BWT show. And now I'm obsessed with it. šŸ„°

Yes, sir. That's the idea, at least haha
I hit subscribe before you even responded. Is this your channel?!

Also, you have no idea what you are unleashing with this lol. I am madly in love with Michael in the Bad era and in the Bad tours. It's almost a sickness haha.

I hit subscribe before you even responded. Is this your channel?!

Also, you have no idea what you are unleashing with this lol. I am madly in love with Michael in the Bad era and in the Bad tours. It's almost a sickness haha.
Yes, it is one of my channels (the other one being MJbr2).
I'm glad you're following the right path, padawan. I can understand you. My favorite album is Bad and the Bad Tour is my favorite, hence why I created this channel years ago haha

Back