Behind the Mask - Official Discussion Thread

Re: The "Behind the Mask" Thread

I love the way he sings..'sits behind a mask'...on that snippet..I don't know why...so simple, yet he sounds so cool singing it :D

The Lyrics for this song...they are just so amazing... "Behind the Mask you control your world.." Love it! :punk:

The whole vibe of this song is so powerful...It has a nice heavy bass to it as well, which is great :D

I really like the snippet,i can tell that this song is going to be one of my favourites :)

If it is a duet, I hope she is not louder than him or takes over the song. I love this song and hope he is the lead singer.

I hadnt seen this thread til now but Ive been listening to the sample of Behind The Mask on repeat for 2 days. By far one of the best tracks on the album. I cant wait to hear it all. Wonder what the crowd noise was at the beginning of the sample. Clearly a Thriller era vocal recording. Curious if the production was post June 25 2009.

I'm seeing lots of good things about this track. The snippet, for me, pales next to Hollywood Tonight, but I have no doubt the full track will be amazing. Definitely a Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' vibe going on.

This track sounded amazing! Excited to hear the full version :D:D:D

Is someone saying "shake your body down" in the background?

Single #2 contender IMO

Seriously i am just dieing to hear this track. I honestly think in years to come it will be a classic/favourite amongst fans. The snippet sounds amazing. I LOVE the beatboxing (if you call it that), the funky as hell rythym and, of course, his vocals!!

^^^

That's not even MJ?

I hope MJ's version is better.

I've alway loved MJ's lyrics to 'BTM', I just never dreamed it would be released it on an 'official' album.

I'm 'over the moon' at this!

I'm looking forward for the bridge, some falsetto and the adlibs! that's what I love!

I am 129 % sure BTM will be great too.

The snippet is very promising.

That is not MJ original demo, that is Greg's version or Eric Clapton's version..

Now that I've listened to the full version, I just wanna say that Sony and McClain can go to hell. They've ruined what could have been the best song on the album.

There's a fake live audience on the track, but it disappears as soon as Michael starts singing. If you are going to give the illusion of this song being performed live the audience has to be heard throughout the entire track.

The added intro is useless, the beat doesn't start until about 35 seconds in and Michael comes in around the minute mark, way too late.

The 2nd and 3rd verse are IDENTICAL. They must be really dumb if they thought no one would notice.

The new instruments. Some like them, but I don't. This is a Thriller track. Put it in the playlist along the other Thriller tracks and demos and it will stand out because the instruments are from the wrong decade.

Full version of "Behind the mask" on Mjtunes !!!

I like BTM a lot!
I think it is magical.

I agree with darmin on the live intro (and live effect around 3:30). What's the purpose of it? :scratch:

Anyway, great song and I like Shanice's vocals at the end and the addictive sax part.:punk:

Awesome song.

Maybe Ive listened to much to BUCHAREST dangerous tour, but in the beggining of behind the mask its actually the audience sound of bucharest dvd AHAH its good.

And you can hear a part of bucharest later in the track

Back