Behind the Mask - Official Discussion Thread

Re: The "Behind the Mask" Thread

Not diggin the crowd noise, at all. I'm not too keen on the saxophone intro either. I wish it just started with the beat boxing. Other than that, I like it. :)

Not diggin the crowd noise, at all. I'm not too keen on the saxophone intro either. I wish it just started with the beat boxing. Other than that, I like it. :)

I think the sax makes the song instantly hot to me...Very sexy....I don't like the crowd either...I have a feeling that won't be on the album...I don't know why I think that..:ninja:

Sexy? Really? haha I just don't get it, I guess. It would be nice if they removed the crowd noise. It's really unnecessary.

It makes me sad to think of MJ singing this era.

He was so happy, nobody bothered him and just appreciated his talent. It makes me so sad that people decided they needed to judge him and attack him.

:cry:

Love the song! It's the one I looked forward to listing the most! I notice the live crowed and MJ speaking to the crowd from the dangerous tour too! o_O lol And it's the singer Shanice at the end..? lol I totally forgot she was apart of the album! I was wondering who in the world was that at the end! lol

Last edited:

i hate the Bucharest live parts but apart from that I love it.

The live parts is fine to me.

Yeah i didn't mind dah live crowd parts it was cool. Now knowing that was Shanice at the end WOW awesome!!! lol

Sexy? Really? haha I just don't get it, I guess. It would be nice if they removed the crowd noise. It's really unnecessary.

hahaha..I've always thought the sax was sexy..I think it works so well with the song, but I agree...the crowd noise is unnecessary...Otherwise, this song is GODLY

when i first listened to this song i didnt hear the live call thing u guys are talkin about around 3:30.. but then i heard it after i read it here and i thought i wouldnt like it but when he goes "aaooww!" it fits perfectly in the song.. so its pretty kewl in my book!

-Dal

I'm not liking it instantly like I did Blue gangsta. That heeeeee-ee-ee-hee-hee takes getting used to. It's an interesting song but somehow is not hitting the right spots for me. But his voice sounds like thriller era for sure.

Can anyone provide the link of the whole song, i just heard the snippet and it sounds awesome!

BEHIND THE MASK is all the freshness this album needed. I would buy the album if there were only one song, this song! :)

the vocals on this song have already been officially stated as being recorded in '82-'83/Thriller era...

such an awesome song!

-Dal

I think the sax makes the song instantly hot to me...Very sexy....I don't like the crowd either...I have a feeling that won't be on the album...I don't know why I think that..:ninja:

I agree. I like the sax* The live crowd thing takes away from it imho
:wub:

BEHIND THE MASK is all the freshness this album needed. I would buy the album if there were only one song, this song! :)

me too ;)

with a version without live-sequences in beginning :clapping:
and not so loud "heeheeheees" :)

Did he not finish this because the vocoders are dated? If he had finished this with more ad-libs, instrumentation, bridge, etc. it would have been a KILLER.

I really don't mind the live audience noises. Hearing the sax solo at the beginning and then later on when the ad-libs are going is really nice.

"Behind The Mask" discussion

Behind The Mask is my 2nd fave song from Michael my fave being Hollywood tonight.

It's a bit obvious what the song is about so not going to bother explaining, but I think it's a great song and very under-rated

Re: "Behind The Mask" discussion

Behind The Mask is my 2nd fave song from Michael my fave being Hollywood tonight.

It's a bit obvious what the song is about so not going to bother explaining, but I think it's a great song and very under-rated

yeah i actually love this song and it really should be a number 1 hit , and if not then im not sure what WILL hit the top spot.

if theirs one thing i cud do to make this song better even though its already amazing, i would change the sax parts ( including the sax solo) to an electric guitar. just picture that , it would have been epic , especially if they got orianthi or a real good guitarist for that part. anyone else agree?

I like the song. Its very Michael-ish!

Behind The Mask is incredible, the track comes alive when MJ sings 'There is nothing in your eyes' and the tempo of the song steps up a notch. Can't put into words just how much I love this song.

Very addictive!! Fantastic song :wild: Love the crowd and the " How you doin? " :D :p

Re: The "Behind the Mask" Thread [Merged]

I LOVE this song. I love the sax and hee-eee-eee-hee-hees :heart:

This song MUST be released as a single. It shouldn't even be questioned. A song like this will give the mainstream music scene the good kick up the ass that it needs.

This song MUST be released as a single. It shouldn't even be questioned. A song like this will give the mainstream music scene the good kick up the ass that it needs.

I agree...I absolutely LOVE the '80's vibe with a modern twist...It's just perfect..It's so danceable, yet powerful and I find the saxophone gives it a sexy kick to it....His voice is incredible....You can't help but move when you hear this song!

Back