BEHIND THE MASK - the new single from "Michael" in FRANCE!

:lmao:

Just like Audacity madskillz on HT radio edit :ph34r:

exactly
oooi.gif

oooh. i hadnt read all the comments before and i just read gaz's update!
woohooo. i'm so glad we'll eventually get BTM.
ok. all is good again.

Google Translator:

Discover the Video "Behind The Mask, " the new single from the album Michael.

When Michael discovered "Behind The Mask " group Yellow Magic Orchestra, he asked permission from its author, Ryiuchi Sakamoto, to make his own version and write the lyrics.
Sakamoto immediately agreed and sent him the title. Michael created and this version, which was recently completed by John McClain and we were able to discover in the unreleased album "Michael".
"Behind The Mask" contains a sample from the original version of "Behind The Mask" performed by Yellow Magic Orchestra.
---
Do they mean it contains a bonus track?

No, "Behind The Mask" is a re-written cover of the original version by Yellow Magic Orchestra. All the lyrics except for the vocoder ones were completely newly written by MJ. Just search for the original version by Yellow Magic Orchestra on youTube and you'll see what has been sampled by MJ.

Can't wait to `discover the video`.No teaser yet?

It is GREAT!!

This could (should!!!) be a HUGE hit. I just hope SONY promotes the hell out of it!

Video, the making of Michael air on TV, billboards, TV ads etc.

SONY could still make this project better. - And with BTM and HT singles and videos coming maybe MJ could really make it's way back up on the charts. If SONY really promoted this album like really doing it BIG time, it could sell fantastic.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5SyxA4K_tIQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Listen to "Behind The Mask"

"Behind The Mask" contains a sample of the eponymous song "Behind The Mask", originally created by Japanese electro pop group Yellow Magic Orchestra which was founded in 1978. The group is considered to be a pioneer of the electro pop music. Apart from that their music is still being remixed and used by contemporary artists.

As Michael Jackson discovered the song "Behind The Mask" by the group Yellow Magic Orchestra he asked its writer, Ryiuchi Sakamoto, for permission to create his own proper version of the song and to write his own lyrics. [Note: The original is mostly an instrumental piece of music and besides the vocoder vocals doesn't have any lyrics.] Sakamoto agreed immediately. That way Michael has created this version that needs to have been recently completed by John McClain, composer of numerous hits of Janet Jackson and a friend of the King of Pop, for the album "Michael". [Note: The song wasn't completed by John McClain, instead he made an entirely new version to make it sound more modern for inclusion on the album.]

The album "Michael" is the first posthumous release. Thus this album is not such a piece of work that Michael Jackson would really have approved of being released, with much imperfection that have caused polemics. [Note: Sony Music is directly addressing here the disappointments of the fans about some songs.] But now, after the diffusion of the song "Breaking News", the first extract chosen by The Estate of Michael Jackson and Sony Music to sound the bell for the release of the album "Michael", plus the allowance of Michael Jackson's choice to choose "Hold My Hand" as the first official single, you'll find all that energy of Michael Jackson that made him stand out in the '80ies again in "Behind The Mask".

"Behind The Mask" is a passionate, funky title, in fine a breathtaking Michael. With this new single of the album "Michael" fans of Michael Jackson will regain a more authentic song. The pleasure to discover Michael Jackson afresh remains the strongest feeling.

Sony Music FRANCE / translation: Korgnex

The album "Michael" is the first posthumous release. Thus this album is not such a piece of work that Michael Jackson would really have approved of being released, with much imperfection that have caused polemics. [Note: Sony Music is directly addressing here the disappointments of the fans about some songs.] But now, after the diffusion of the song "Breaking News", the first extract chosen by The Estate of Michael Jackson and Sony Music to sound the bell for the release of the album "Michael", plus the allowance of Michael Jackson's choice to choose "Hold My Hand" as the first official single [NOTE: Sony Music is directly addressing here the fact that they had nothing to do with the rather cold reception HMH had... lol] , you'll find all that energy of Michael Jackson that made him stand out in the '80ies again in "Behind The Mask".

Ok, I had to add the info in blue, sorry :lol:
ok, let's hope BTM will do better than HMH. Beutiful song it was, sure, but not for a leading single.

I like BTM very, very much.
thanks for the info!

"Hold My Hand" managed to get to the top of the German airplay charts! Even though it's a mediocre song and rather a typical Akon song it did well in Europe, especially Germany.

They hoped for more sentimental humans in other countries buying or requesting the song around Christmas though.

Am i wrong or did they make the pieces with computer voice sound clearer?

Re: BEHIND THE MASK - the new single from "Michael" in FRANCE! (CD: March 2011)

heard the song today on 2 french radio stations skyrock and vibration

Lets all do our bit to promote this great song and the album.

If you watch this video on youtube there is a link at the bottom to add it to your facebook page so all your friends see it!!

I have had some great comments about the song, 99% of the public would buy this single, even the album if they actually hear it and hear how good it is!!!

Come on lets do this for Mike!!!

Re: BEHIND THE MASK - the new single from "Michael" in FRANCE! (CD: March 2011)

I want to do my bit to actively promote this one. I will repeatedly request it to radios here in Uruguay. Do the same in your countries.

Back