Best of Joy - Official Discussion Thread

Re: "Best of Joy" Thread

Does anyone know what he says 02:25 and further? The ad-libs?? :)

This song is on repeat right now. So So Soothing.. :)

Ditto. This song and that voice flow so effortlessly. It's like a little piece of heaven. Although there will always be great sadness, this song makes me smile because it's like MJ is telling us that he will always be there for us. I feel his spirit and beauty in this song.

It's like he came into my mind, found out how I feel about HIM and then wrote it on paper.

I love you Michael and yes, you ARE my best of joy :wub:

I know!!! That's how I feel too. That is how I feel about him, and he IS forever. :wub:

Same here. I think that's how most of the fans feel and that's why most of us love the song so much. It's like he's singing to all of us. And considering he is no longer with us, it feels even so much more special. But at the same time when ever I listen to the song, it makes me so so SO extremely sad that he is gone. :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

Finally when he was able to enjoy life again and able to feel joy again... his life was taken from him. And from us. :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: I really hope and pray to God that he knew how extremely LOVED he was....how MUCH we all cared (and still do) about him...and that no matter what had happened...WE were all still there...because we love him and care about him. I really hope he knew he never lost us. We never left. When I hear the song, it makes me smile when he sings "I am forever...we are forever"....Because it reminds me of the happy moments at his hotels and at his concerts when it felt like it was our own little happy world....like we were all a big, happy family. And to know we all still come to the forums, still miss him, still talk about him, still listen to his music...it feels like "we are forever". You know, we'll always be here...and MJ will always be with us in our hearts and thoughts and prayers and memories....and his music will always be here to bring us joy. But most of all....it's the happy memories that really are the "best of joy". He brought SO MUCH joy into our lives and at least I love to think about the special memories I have...it's now the memories that bring me joy. I am so happy that I was able to be on this earth at the same time MJ was here. I just wish I could get to see him again one day. That's what is so unbearable about it all. :boohoo: Before, you'd see pictures of him and even if you didn't get to see him yourself for a few years, you knew you might get to see him again SOMEDAY... somewhere in the world. But now you know you will NEVER get to see him again. There is no place you could ever go to again... no matter how much money you'd save...to get to see him again. :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: And it's so hard because on most days it doesn't feel like he's gone. I still have to keep telling myself "No...he really is GONE. He is not living on this planet anymore. You WON'T get to see him again." And then I hear his song being played somewhere while I am shopping or I see footage from concerts and I am like "Is he really gone?? He CAN'T be gone?? Why doesn't it feel like he's gone?!". I mean, I am GLAD it feels like he's not gone, that he is still so very present in my mind. That was one of my biggest fears...that each passing day he will fade more and more until he is a vague memory from the past. But thank God he's still very much alive in my thoughts and I hope it will always stay that way too. And if I there will ever come a day when he feels too far away...I'll just listen to "Best Of Joy" and I am sure I'll feel close to him again. :yes:

As long as we keep the memories alive....Michael will be alive. :yes:

Anyways...just wanted to say again how MUCH I love that song. I've had it stuck in my head since yesteday. Absolutely adore it. :wub:

Wow, your post was so touching, beautiful and amazing and true. It brought me to tears! :cry: We all understand each other because we all feel this way about him, and I guess we can take comfort in that too.

I just had to come back to this thread again and say that I cant stop listening to this song. His voice is purely beautiful and it fills me with so much joy and love. Its snowing loveflakes!!!

I can tell Michael's vocal's too... Have been listening to them for long enough. The song sounds old... the music/vocals/arrangement to me it sound like a 70's song JMO opinion and I do love it. ;)

Not saying it isn't more recent, Just what my ears hear. :p

I transcripted the lyrics from the booklet. :)

...Best Of Joy is a timeless piece of Michael's personal feelings he wanted to share with each and every one of us. Michael was always grateful for being able to channel such beautiful lyrics and melodies. MJ would say melodies are ancient, they are in the heavens above waiting to be plucked. When the expressed sound of his imagination felt right he would look at me with a calm smile and say, "It's nice isn't it" Michael Jackson's Joy is Forever...
nice!

Last edited:

Is it confirmed that this is his last song?

"Best of Joy" is being played in my head
'I am forever....' yes , Michael you are forever
I love this song
this is my favourite

I have listened to this song SO many times, it's ridiculous. OMG I am so in love with it. I might be crazy, but I think this just may be my favorite MJ song EVER. I don't know if it's because of his passing, how he says "I/We are forever", or what... but I feel him so strongly on this track. I feel his love and presence and I can't get enough of it. It's so beautiful.

I have listened to this song SO many times, it's ridiculous. OMG I am so in love with it. I might be crazy, but I think this just may be my favorite MJ song EVER. I don't know if it's because of his passing, how he says "I/We are forever", or what... but I feel him so strongly on this track. I feel his love and presence and I can't get enough of it. It's so beautiful.

I may have to agree with you on this one..This song is just SO gorgeous, his voice makes me melt...and those harmonies :swoon:

This song and beautiful girl have a lot in common. I don't know what it is, but listening to them is like watching a flowing river. They just seem so effortless. Everything falls in perfect harmony, his voice also carries a certain warmth that's very hard to explain.

Yeah.. I've grown from "it's an OK song" to " This is addicting" to " I LOVE IT" And i'm not ashamed to say it.

LOL the way he starts off sounds like Owl City XD

This song's amazing. It's sad to think it was one of the very last songs he recorded, with the lyrics "I am forever." (the last LEAKED song during his lifetime was Hold My Hand which had "this life don't last forever") :(

I love his song alot it make me smile !

This song reminds me of the first song that Michael had written that was released...Blues Away on the Jacksons first album.

This song made me angry, sad and happy all in the one moment. I know it was one of the last tracks he ever made so it makes me angry that he never finished it, it makes me sad because of the lyrics saying "I am forever" and knowing that he recorded it just weeks before his death and it makes me happy because it proves he was ready to come back

Yeah.. I've grown from "it's an OK song" to " This is addicting" to " I LOVE IT" And i'm not ashamed to say it.

I agree. It's a grower. It was the same for me. Now it's my favourite song on the album along with Much too Soon (and with Behind the Mask dropping back from 1st to 3rd).

it's just a wonderfull song,makes me feel michael so close!

You just don't hear stuff like this on the radio any more. That's what makes Mike's music so compelling. It is one of the highlights of the album for sure.

The harmonies in this song are out of this world...Just so beautiful, I can't really describe it...but I'm sure you all can understand :)...I love the part...'We need each other....'....the RICHNESS of his voice...just blows me away...:heart:

Absolutely the best song on the Album,the only one that shows a glimpse of the album MJ was working.

It just grows on you it's an incredible track.

I pray that some day everyone on this planet Earth is allowed to hear this Heavenly song:
angel3l.gif
"Best of Joy"
angel3r.gif

MJsweden;3131610 said:
Anyone Got The Full Lyrics? :(

Best Of Joy
written by Michael Jackson :trytobeangel

I gave you joy, your best of joy
I am the moon light you are the spring, ours life’s a sacred thing
You know I always will love you, I am forever
I am the one who can win you feel down
I was the only one around, the only one around
When things will hurt to you

I am forever, wasn’t it I who someday you I will free?
Wonder if it seems so hard to be, and things would hurt you
I am forever, I am forever
We are forever, we are forever

I am a friend, through the …
We need each other, we’ll never part, our love is from the heart
We never say I don’t need you, we are forever
I am the one who someday you I will free
Wonder if it seems so hard to be, people they wanna hurt you
I am forever, wasn’t it I who carried you around?
When all the words keep turning down
When things would hurt you

I am forever, I am forever
We are forever, we are forever
You are the sun … sky, when things are shaded
Let go … to get back, I was the only one around
When things would hurt you

We are forever,
I am forever, we are forever, I am forever
We are forever, …
keep on, we are forever, … keep on, have to be strong
We are forever, we are forever, oh right
I am forever, we are forever, I am forever, we are forever, we are forever
I am forever, I am forever.

Last edited:

^^^

Thanks.

Wonderful song. It gets better each time I hear it.

Back