Best Of Joy
written by Michael Jackson :trytobeangel

I gave you joy, your best of joy
I am the moon light you are the spring, ours life’s a sacred thing
You know I always will love you, I am forever
I am the one who can win you feel down
I was the only one around, the only one around
When things will hurt to you

I am forever, wasn’t it I who someday you I will free?
Wonder if it seems so hard to be, and things would hurt you
I am forever, I am forever
We are forever, we are forever

I am a friend, through the …
We need each other, we’ll never part, our love is from the heart
We never say I don’t need you, we are forever
I am the one who someday you I will free
Wonder if it seems so hard to be, people they wanna hurt you
I am forever, wasn’t it I who carried you around?
When all the words keep turning down
When things would hurt you

I am forever, I am forever
We are forever, we are forever
You are the sun … sky, when things are shaded
Let go … to get back, I was the only one around

We are forever,
I am forever, we are forever, I am forever
We are forever, …
keep on, we are forever, … keep on, have to be strong
We are forever, we are forever, oh right
I am forever, we are forever, I am forever, we are forever, we are forever
I am forever, I am forever.

This is soooooooooooooo beautiful.... :girl_sigh:

Re: "Best of Joy" Thread

these are the correct lyrics!

Best of joy
(2008?, written by Michael Jackson)

I am your joy, your best of joy
I am the moonlight, you are the spring
Our Love is a secret thing
You know I always will love you
I am forever

I am the one who came when you feel down
I was the only one around (the only one)
I am forever

Wasn't it I who said that you were free?
When living seemed so hard to be

I am forever (I am forever)
We are forever (We are forever)

I am your friend, through thick and thin
We need each other, we'll never part
Our Love is from the heart
We never say 'I don't need you'
We are forever

I am the one who said that you were free
When living seemed so hard to be (the only one)
And nothing would cheer you
I am forever

Wasn't it I who carried you around?
When all the walls came tumbling down
?When? things would hurt you

I am forever (I am forever)
We are forever (We are forever)

You are the sun that lights up the sky
When things are shady
Let come what may we do get by
I was the only one around (the only one)

We are forever (I am forever)
We are forever (I am forever)
We are forever (???)
We are forever (???) (???)
We are forever (???)
We are forever (Alright)

I am forever
I am forever (Alright, Alright)
We are forever
We are forever
I am forever
I am forever

creator: mjchris

"Best of Joy" is being played in my head
'I am forever....' yes , Michael you are forever
I love this song
this is my favourite

I have listened to this song SO many times, it's ridiculous. OMG I am so in love with it. I might be crazy, but I think this just may be my favorite MJ song EVER. I don't know if it's because of his passing, how he says "I/We are forever", or what... but I feel him so strongly on this track. I feel his love and presence and I can't get enough of it. It's so beautiful.

I feel this way too. It's almost like he knew, and he was giving us this message - that he will be with us forever. I wish I could listen to it without crying because I really love it.

im sure some have already realized, but he wrote this song for his fans (obviously), but in the song it's like he's singing to us ("i am forever") and he sings as us singing to him ("we are forever")... get it?

it's like he's singing our lines to himself.. it's like there's two different people singing on this track but he did all the vocals obviously..

i hope someone gets what im saying..

its actually very poetic and such a great song.. possibly the best melody on the album..

-Dal

im sure some have already realized, but he wrote this song for his fans (obviously), but in the song it's like he's singing to us ("i am forever") and he sings as us singing to him ("we are forever")... get it?

it's like he's singing our lines to himself.. it's like there's two different people singing on this track but he did all the vocals obviously..

its actually very poetic and such a great song.. possibly the best melody on the album..

-Dal

I was thinking about this last night! I completely agree with you! I wanted to post my thoughts on it too, but wasn't sure how to really describe it, and you described it perfectly...:wub: It's a VERY special song....:heart:

I was thinking about this last night! I completely agree with you! I wanted to post my thoughts on it too, but wasn't sure how to really describe it, and you described it perfectly...:wub: It's a VERY special song....:heart:

thanks for agreeing wit me...

and how do people put smileys in their posts???

-Dal

thanks for agreeing wit me...

and how do people put smileys in their posts???

-Dal

if you run your mouse over the smilies that other people post, you can see the code to use....plus, when you reply to a post or quote a post, there's a bunch of smilies underneath where you type....:D unless your smilies are disabled

I believe this song solidifies our (as fans) relationship with Michael...what a special song :heart:

Thank you Michael for giving us this song :wub: :cry:

Sorry, I"m having a moment, whenever I hear this song...

Personally speaking, I really think this song was written and intended to be a duet with his sister. After I've seen the lyrics, I'm convinced, but I'm even more convinced in the tone he uses for some of the lines, it sounds just like Janet. The song also has a "duet-like" feel to it, like someone else was meant to be included on it.

-Dal

I totally get what you mean! I was thinking about the same thing when I played this track. Best Of Joy was truly meant to be sung TOGETHER on a This Is It concert, mostly likely towards the end...

Last edited:

I love this song. It's so special and even magical.... When I listen to it I feel his presence all around me and it's like he's talking to me.. And I cry every time this song is on.

Just to think that he recorded it in 2009 and was planning to sing it during the shows... He sounds so happy on this record, you can hear him smiling thoughout the song. So precious...

I don't necessarily think it was meant to be a duet, but like Gummy said, maybe meant as a gift for the fans that he and the fans could sing together at the end of a concert.

Well, I get what you mean, because reading the lyrics, it goes both ways, "I'll held you up when you were down" could be directed to the fans and/or Janet. But I do feel as if, Michael has shown us all enough gratitude, and doesn't really have to show us his appreciation through song (You did enough by just showing up in Times Square in '01. :)) ; Although it'd be a lovely gesture. But as said, I can't deny the range and tone he used in some the lines, sure he's used similar things in song, but some of them REALLY sound like Janet.

This song makes me love him even more! (If that's possible!!)
His voice is truly beautiful! :heart:

I love this song. It's so special and even magical.... When I listen to it I feel his presence all around me and it's like he's talking to me.. And I cry every time this song is on.

Just to think that he recorded it in 2009 and was planning to sing it during the shows... He sounds so happy on this record, you can hear him smiling thoughout the song. So precious...

:yes: I love that ! I broke down crying last night listening to it...It's really special :heart:

I don't necessarily think it was meant to be a duet, but like Gummy said, maybe meant as a gift for the fans that he and the fans could sing together at the end of a concert.

I agree....the lyrics are very unique and I can understand why someone would think it's meant to be a duet...But, to me, it's like a duet between Michael and his fans :wub:

"Best of Joy" is a gift to us, the fans, straight from Heaven where
Michael is singing with the other Angels.
"We are forever...." :trytobeangel

maybe i'm wrong , but, this song sometimes sounds to be like ( Remember The Time ) part 2!

but this time it is universal like u say to the fans !

Last edited:

The moment I heard the vocals on this song I got a real This Is It flashback. It's so 2009!
Plus I can't even begin to say how eerie the lyrics are. 'I am forever'. *Sigh*

Love how classic yet new it feels. A jewel of a song really. :cloud9:

-Dal

You know I haven't cried in regards to this album (usually there's always ONE song on any MJ album that makes me cry), but reading that and realizing how true that is....it made me cry!!! It makes this song that much more beautiful.

I totally love the song, but still, I wonder about the lyrics...it's not like Michael to go out and say "Hey, look at me, I am your joy, your best of joy!"
Don't you think he would rather have said "YOU are my joy"? (to his children, to his fans, or his fans to him). For me at least, that would make more sense, it would be more...Michaelish, if you will. :)
I'm just thinking out loud here, because as I have said, I love the song, especially the "we are forever part".

Listening to this again, btw, its kinda scary how much it sounds like MJ is impersonating Janet Jackson ...and how much he absolutely succeeds in sounding like her LMAO

And I also get some serious Bee Gees vibes from the bridge :p

MJ has the most diverse vocal range I've ever heard. He can literally imitate anyone. It's incredible, I can make a CD of MJ songs and the average person would think there are 5 or 6 different artists singing on the CD. He's that good!

This song has to grow on me. Maybe in a couple of weeks...

I love this song so much. It's in my top 3 right now. Soo amazing. It gives me goosebumps

I hear it all the time at the moment too. - It's soo sweet.

I honestly cannot stress enough how much I'm in love with this song...It's SO gorgeous....Thank you Michael! :heart:

Back