Hot topic Brad Sundberg Seminars: Making Music With Michael Jackson

Re: Brad Sundberg seminars: Making Music With Michael Jackson

I see that. And there's no link to purchase tickets for it either. I'll hold off for now. Do you by any chance know if ticket sales are so poor he'd pull the plug? Would be a nightmare travelling over especially for this for it then to be cancelled. Sorry to hear you can't make it.

saw your comment on the page Chris. That's definitely the case, he needs at least 30 and I theories all numbers intereste weren't that much more than 30. Now most people from elsewhere in Ireland can be taken ou of that list unfortunately so I don't know how many will actually go.

A seminar?
They sound delightful. But they're expensive and he books studios around the world for them-so he has to have the proper number of people in order to cover those costs. That's why they don't always have a strict schedule.

Update on the Dublin Facebook page from Megan:

Hi everyone. Brad is going to push the seminar dates back. Scheduled for October 18th and 19th and possibly put tickets on sale this week. His preference, and ours would be to allow as many Dublin fans as possible to attend, as these trips are very expensive. That's all he's said so far as he's just back from Toronto. Just make sure to daily check for updates.
"I am sorry for the confusion with the dates to this point, I had no idea there was an error on the website." - Brad

He's keeping with the Tuesday/Wednesday idea but annoying that it is only the Dublin fans that are taken into consideration. There are 31 other counties here. Oh well.

Brad posted this for tne anniversary of the release of the Bad album:

29 years???

There are a few expressions I really don't care for:
>Bucket List
>Once In A Lifetime
>$#@% Happens
>It Is What It Is
>Time Flies

The drag is, time does fly.

The Bad album may not feel like we were in the studio couple months ago, but there is no way it was 29 years ago. (Actually the production would have been going on 30 years ago).
The Bad album was recorded at Westlake Studio D, on Santa Monica Blvd in West Hollywood, CA. To this day it is a beautiful studio with several cool little features.
>It has it's one mini-kitchen (basically a coffee bar)
>A bathroom with a shower (which we used to record many of the percussion sounds on the album)
>A motorized skylight (I seem to remember one in the recording room and one in Michael's lounge upstairs)
>An upstairs kitchen and lounge
>A private entrance off the parking lot (nice for slipping VIPs in without drawing a lot of attention)
>Some of the loudest speakers I have ever worked with
>A huge control room - particularly for the late 1980's

The classic Westlake "feel" is everywhere (sloping ceiling, uneven walls, stretched fabric panels, no 90-degree angles, etc.).
One of my many memories of the Bad album is Quincy's chicken sandwiches.
Quincy had a chef by the name of John-Luke. This guy could cook. At least once a week he would show up with a plate of simple chicken sandwiches that were amazing. I have never tasted a chicken sandwich that came close to them. The chicken was moist and tender, with just mayo, a sliver of jalapeno and a bit of salt and pepper, served on toast cut into triangles. I have tried to replicate them - no luck.
Bruce had his original Macintosh 128 on a rolling cart next to him at the console, with a box of floppy drives. We would type out lyrics, liner notes, to-do lists, etc., and print them up for the project.
He also had his mug of coffee (typically half coffee and half hot water) on a coaster next to his Mac. Bruce would walk into the studio a few minutes before noon (downbeat was at noon), and open his briefcase and settle in for day at hand. He was the captain of the ship - and Quincy would constantly be calling him "Svensk!" Bruce also loved Butterfingers, and there was always one stashed away somewhere for an after-dinner snack.

Rod would usually find a spot next to Quincy or Michael, and he would commence filling several ashtrays throughout the day. I seem to remember we had air cleaners near him, but I never remember the studio really smelling of smoke. Rod was always quick with a joke in his thick British accent, and he was remarkably generous, funny and talented. He also has the most exaggerated head-bob of almost anyone I have ever seen. When the groove hits him his head bobs front-to-back like a well-oiled machine. Pity the demo that received no head-bobbing approval.

Neither Rod nor Quincy could drive. Quincy was always driven in by one of his security team, while Rod usually grabbed a taxi from his home on Mulholland.
Chris Currell was always at his seat at the Synclavier in the corner, experimenting with sounds on this enormous machine. I remember there would always be a competition between Michael and Peter Gabriel as to who had the largest, most powerful Synclav. I remember helping unbox new memory boards and learning they they were roughly a quarter the cost of my house. Chris was - big surprise here - remarkably friendly and easy to get along with. Zero drama, lots of talent.

Craig Johnson was on the other side of the room, manning the patch bay, the outboard gear, the tape machines, the tape vault, the synchronizer, etc. Craig also kept the mood light and fun, particularly with puns.
Miko Brando would sometimes drive Michael, other times he would just be around to take care of errands, bring things in, or just hang out with us. He was very close to Michael and truly a pleasure to be around. I would sit in the small studio kitchen with Miko on many occasions and help with tasks that Michael needed done, or just swap stories with him. His were better.

Mark Hagen was another part of the comedy team. Mark was working on an apprenticeship with Bruce, and he was both a solid helper as well as a good friend. I think he and I both wound up driving Michael or Rod or Quincy at one time or another - funny how nearly half of the team didn't drive! Mark and I both had other sessions to attend to throughout the project, but we always found ourselves back in Studio D in the afternoon or evening.

Along the way were constant visits from Siedah, Frank Dileo, John Barnes, Jerry Hey, The Slam Dunk Sisters, Jolie Levine, Evvy Tavaski, Norma Skaikos - and of course Bill Bray (among many others).

Everyone loved Bill. He used to call Michael "Joker".
"You know what that Joker did?" he would ask me. "He threw my shoes out of the window in Tokyo, and I had to walk around in my socks to buy new ones!" Then he would laugh in his beautiful gravelly voice. One of the sweetest men you could ever hope to meet.

Bill always seems to show up around dinner time (5pm or so) and we would tease him about it. More laughter, more friendship.

In the center of all was Michael. The remarkably talented, sweet, funny, humble guy who I was fortunate enough to have an ongoing working relationship for nearly two decades. We had gotten to know each other during the production of Captain EO with Matt Forger in Westlake Studio A, and now he had invited me to help on this project.

He would show up early for vocal warm-ups with Seth Riggs, and many times it would just be the three of us in the studio, getting ready for the day. He was always cold, so we had heaters for him, as we had to keep the studio cool for all of the gear. He would greet everyone with a hug when he arrived, and when he left.
He almost always wore black chords, a heavy long-sleeve shirt, his black shoes, and sometimes a huge jacket. And of course the hat and Ray Bans. He was a rock star, and he always looked great.
Michael Bush would sometimes stop by to show Michael some new outfits, and he may have tried them on upstairs for fitting, but he never wore them in the control room with us. I seem to remember Joe Pytka stopping by, as well as Emmanual Lewis. He came by several times.
The animals would also come for visits, including Bubbles and two young chimps that I am trying to recall their names - Lucy? Muscles the python stopped by once or twice, but not very often. More than once I would be tasked with holding Bubbles or one of the smaller chimps while Michael sang. Not gonna lie - it was fun.

I remember his favorite snack food during the project - pomegranates. Here's the thing - pomegranates are a mess to eat, with purple juice all over your fingers and running down your chin. Michael could care less - he just loved them! He would tear into them sitting right next to Bruce at the console, getting juice all over his hands and the leather armrest of the console. Once he left the room Mark or I would grab some paper towels and give it a bit of a scrubbing.

Another favorite snack was popcorn. Air-popped popcorn. We ate so much of it that the Slam Dunk Sisters actually had two machines upstairs to keep it coming. We thought were were being "healthy", but after they poured about a cup of butter into each bag, I think the health part went out the skylight. But it was good, and after a couple hours the floor had popcorn scattered everywhere.

Bruce had many "sayings" that he was famous for through the years. One of my favorites was after a huge meal that the Slam Dunk Sisters would provide he would groan, "The only thing wrong with this meal is it ruined my appetite!" That's Bruce 101, and Michael loved it.

Michael started called me "Really Really Brad" almost every time I walked into the room. It was funny and a sort of cool. I knew Bad was going to be a single, but none of us knew it was be the album title. Back then we just called it "The Project." Bruce would also sometimes call me "Really Really Brad", but Quincy always called me "Braddy Daddy". Could I ask for a better nickname from Quincy Jones?

It was fun. It was pure magic. The songs were coming a mile a minute and even though the days/nights were sometimes very long, the vibe was incredible. I think for every bar of music recorded there was a minute of laughter in the room. A room full of friends. A studio family.
As the project went on the songs got bigger. TWYMMF was like a wall of thunder. Smooth Criminal was electric. Then came Man In The Mirror. Bruce would play Mirror for almost every guest that came in, at full volume. It was common for us to replace at least one 18" subwoofer per week. Seriously. There were four 18" subs in the room, and we would blow through them like crazy. It was like NASCAR when a sub would blow - a couple of us could have it replaced in maybe three minutes.

It doesn't seem 29 years ago, but the calendar doesn't lie. I remember during the project there was a little girl trapped in a well (baby Jessica) that we all watched on TV day by day as they finally successfully rescued her. The Chernobyl accident was also around that time. That was also when I bought my first CD player, which sat proudly on my Beta machine at home.
29 years did fly by - but no - I won't insert a Speed Demon pun here.

HOUSEKEEPING TIME
I have some seminar news for you! I have had to push back our trip to Europe this fall due to scheduling conflicts, but here is the TENTATIVE plan for the coming months for In The Studio With MJ:
London - Oct 15
Dublin - Oct 18/19
Berlin - Oct 22
Mexico City - Nov 12
Australia (Cities/Dates TBD) - Jan 2017
Thanks for your ongoing support, notes, comments and such.
Faithfully -
Really, Really Brad

Also #BadStreamingParty was trending on Twitter yesterday, at the anniversary of the release of the Bad album.

CrOCxmfUAAAXVSS.jpg

^^Wonderful story, thanks for that! Shared it with some of my friends :)

I see he's coming to Australia early next year. Fingers crossed he pops into New Zealand too!!

Latest from Brad: (In the Studio with Michael Jackson' FB page)

The Autumn Tour Is Coming...

London 14 October 2016 - The Remix VIP Event
London 15 October 2016 - In The Studio With MJ 2016 (Full Seminar)

Dublin 17 October 2016 - The Remix VIP Event
Dublin 18 October 2016 - In The Studio With MJ 2016 (Seminar Part 1)
Dublin 19 October 2016 - In The Studio With MJ 2016 (Seminar Part 2)

Berlin 21 October 2016 - The Remix VIP Event
Berlin 22 October 2016 - In The Studio With MJ (Full Seminar)

Mexico City 11 November 2016 - The Remix VIP Event
Mexico City 12 November 2016 - In The Studio With MJ (Full Seminar)

Tickets go on sale shortly... Will You Be There?

www.inthestudiowithmj.com

Hi everyone (this is for those who have attended the seminars)

Basically, the way the Irish shows are being run is a bit of a pain. I live in Clare (2+ hours from Dublin) with no annual leave days left.

From what I gather, the "In The Sudio with MJ" session is being split over 2 nights, 1st night being Captain Eo and Bad, and the 2nd being Dangerous and HIStory.

Now, my question is.... which would be better? I am a complete Bad guy, love Captain Eo and everything to do with that era. HOWEVER, i'm almost just as obsessed with HIStory.

Which should I choose? I will have to take a half day off at work (all I can manage) to attend, but really want to attend one of these. My head is leaning towards Bad.

Edit: Just found out I can go to none. Oh well.

^^^WTF??? I didn't know Brads seminar was coming to Ireland!! Oh my lord!!

^^^WTF??? I didn't know Brads seminar was coming to Ireland!! Oh my lord!!

Jasus you've missed all the consternation so with date changes and what not. Asbolutely gutted I wont make it.

Jasus you've missed all the consternation so with date changes and what not. Asbolutely gutted I wont make it.
Ah man! I'm going to Vegas in September so financially I won't make this seminar. I've wanted so bad to do the seminar since it began. Ah well, perhaps we'll have another opportunity sometime in the future. Sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ah man! I'm going to Vegas in October so financially I won't make this seminar. I've wanted so bad to do the seminar since it began. Ah well, perhaps we'll have another opportunity sometime in the future. Sigh.

Thats the reason I cant go to the UK one too, too many trips in October. Theres a couple of us I know that cant make it so hopefully it will come around again. I really thought Id make at least 1 session, but having it during the week is what crippled my plans.

I can't choose. It's gonna have to be both.

How much do tickets usually cost for this seminar?

Decided I am going to wait until I can see the full seminar in the future. Decided to see Elton John in December instead.

How much do tickets usually cost for this seminar?

I imagine that it varies with location and studio...best to look up 'In the Studio etc.' on Ticketbud for your nearest location

hey guys, I don't really have time to scroll this thread so I was wondering if anything unheard gets played in these seminars since that one off of Chicago 1945 ages ago? I went to the UK seminar 2 years ago and wondered if it would be worth me attending again. I would love to hear Family Affair or willing & waiting. Does anyone what new songs have been played?

hey guys, I don't really have time to scroll this thread so I was wondering if anything unheard gets played in these seminars since that one off of Chicago 1945 ages ago? I went to the UK seminar 2 years ago and wondered if it would be worth me attending again. I would love to hear Family Affair or willing & waiting. Does anyone what new songs have been played?

Family Affair... I would assume that is the Addams Family song. I've heard that. It's very catchy. Up-tempo. Teddy Riley sounding song. Chorus goes like "It's a Family Thing" in falsetto.

Another song I've heard, Deep In The Night. More of an up-tempo song but very unfinished. The only lyrics I really remember are "Deep In The Night". It sounded to my ear like it was between the BAD and Dangerous era. I did a quick search on this track and got 1988 Bryan Loren. So I contacted Bryan and he told me he never wrote or recorded a song for Michael during this era with that name, HOWEVER, he did write a song for him for Invincible with the same title. Bryan told me it's very unlikely Brad had this song, he wasn't even sure if Michael recorded it. So, it was just a major coincidence that Michael did a song with the same title years prior. And I also should add, Bryan told me that the song he did with Michael is MAN in Black, not Men :)

Latest from Brad...with some background about IJCSLY

I Just Can't Stop Loving You

Twenty-nine years ago this week "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" topped the Billboard charts here in the US. Is it my favorite MJ song? Not really, but it does have an interesting history.

When we were in the studio working on IJCSLY, Michael, Quincy and Bruce wanted an interesting intro for the song, so along came the "Pillow Talk". The theory was that Michael wanted it to sound like he was whispering into a girl's ear - just a few simple phrases.

We went to great lengths (far more effort than you could imagine) to create a holophonic sound. We used a modified binaural microphone, which is shaped exactly like a human head, only the ears have been fitted with microphones.

Michael was giving a script of phrases to record into the holophonic head, then Bruce fed those phrases into a sound processor called Q-Sound. (No relation to Quincy). There were many other steps in the process, but in the end Michael's voice sounded, well, very close to the listener. The funny thing was that the day it was released (I still remember hearing it at 7am on KIIS FM Los Angeles with Rick Dees), the DJs hated the intro! It was too long and they wanted to get to the song as quickly as possible. So Bruce called me and we returned to the studio to remove the intro for all future pressings of the album. (It was returned for Bad 25).

Also, many people have heard rumors that the song was written for Barbra Streisand. True! Not only was it written for Barbra but Michael actually scribbled her initials on the original lyrics as a guideline for her. She declined, and truthfully I think Siedah was a far more natural choice. (Oddly enough after the Bad album Quincy, Bruce and I worked with Barbra on her album "Till I Loved You". We had a running joke that with Barbra Streisand, Bruce Swedien and Brad Sundberg - there was way too much BS in the room!)

During the initial run of the Bad Tour it was Sheryl Crow (yes, THAT Sheryl Crow) who sang the duet on stage with Michael.

Bruce and I used to hear about the countless weddings and receptions where IJCSLY was played or sang for brides and grooms around the world. It seemed like it was on the radio all the time that autumn.

I don't know if people read liner notes anymore, but the players on IJCSLY represent some of the best talent in the music industry:
Quincy Jones
Nathan East
N'dugu Chancler
Dann Huff
Paulinho Da Costa
John Barnes
Christopher Currell
David Paich
Greg Phillinganes
Steve Porcaro
Michael and Siedah

Lots of recognizable and re-occurring names on that list. This song was not about showboating or upstaging the vocalists, rather they created a lush, beautiful track which was impeccably recorded and mixed by Bruce. Musical precision and restraint from start to finish.

During the latter part of recording the Bad album I was assigned to Westlake Studio C down the hall from Studio D to help Michael and Siedah record the French and Spanish versions of the song. I am told the French version is not a perfect translation, but I think it was an honest gesture from Michael to his international fans to give them something special. It was fun to watch him try to pronounce each phrase perfectly with the translators. Here's the funny thing: the engineer assigned to handle some of that recording (I won't mention his name out of respect) was in way over his head. He had never worked with anyone close to Michael's stature, and he was nervous. Like shaking nervous. I tried to calm him down, but he was a wreck! The problem with being that nervous is you make mistakes, and he made a lot. At one point he accidentally erased an entire section of Michael's finished vocals. I thought he (the engineer) was going to throw up. I explained to Michael that an honest mistake had been made and we had to re-record those vocals. I won't say Michael was thrilled, but he accepted the challenge without complaining and we started over.

I often joke that people who purchased our albums likely think that our projects were recorded in massive recording palaces with an enormous staff of engineers. Not true - we kept it lean and mean back then.

Happy 29th Birthday "I Just Can't Stop Loving You!" A beautiful song performed by a pair of remarkable singers.

I am so excited to be bringing my "In The Studio With MJ" seminars to London, Dublin and Berlin next month, and Mexico City in November. Come with me into the studio and learn about the songs, hear the stories and be introduced to Michael's music in a whole new way.

Tickets are on sale now - Will You Be There?

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pm8l2K0nj][/URL]

Family Affair... I would assume that is the Addams Family song. I've heard that. It's very catchy. Up-tempo. Teddy Riley sounding song. Chorus goes like "It's a Family Thing" in falsetto.

Another song I've heard, Deep In The Night. More of an up-tempo song but very unfinished. The only lyrics I really remember are "Deep In The Night". It sounded to my ear like it was between the BAD and Dangerous era. I did a quick search on this track and got 1988 Bryan Loren. So I contacted Bryan and he told me he never wrote or recorded a song for Michael during this era with that name, HOWEVER, he did write a song for him for Invincible with the same title. Bryan told me it's very unlikely Brad had this song, he wasn't even sure if Michael recorded it. So, it was just a major coincidence that Michael did a song with the same title years prior. And I also should add, Bryan told me that the song he did with Michael is MAN in Black, not Men :)

Thank you, how come he can now play these songs because I remembered before or after he played Chicago he played a warning from the estate saying he cant?

Thank you, how come he can now play these songs because I remembered before or after he played Chicago he played a warning from the estate saying he cant?

I don't know the dynamics between Brad and the Estate regarding unreleased songs. But I can tell you that he will casually play songs between breaks that haven't been released. I hear the songs and then press Brad about more information. He won't say much to me. But I have good ears and years of research regarding MJ's vault so I can piece together what the songs are he's playing. Family Thing sounded close to complete. Deep In The Night wasn't close to complete.

I don't know the dynamics between Brad and the Estate regarding unreleased songs. But I can tell you that he will casually play songs between breaks that haven't been released. I hear the songs and then press Brad about more information. He won't say much to me. But I have good ears and years of research regarding MJ's vault so I can piece together what the songs are he's playing. Family Thing sounded close to complete. Deep In The Night wasn't close to complete.

I remember that Family thing had only the chorus and Mike mumbling the verses

Similar to the form of In The Back is in.

But that's according to Korgnex, so who knows really.

Last edited:

Latest from Brad:

Sometimes it's the little things.

I have been blessed to have seen many amazing places from Mount Fuji to the Jungfrau; the original Starbucks in Seattle to a cozy club in St. Petersburg, Russia; Half-dome in Yosemite to the midway of the Minnesota State Fair; EPCOT to Positano, Italy. All are beautiful in their own way, and you can't really compare one with another.

That's sort of how I feel about Neverland. People often missed much of a magic of the place. Let me give you a very crude example: If you ask a person on the street what their favorite MJ song is, they might say Thriller or Billie Jean or Beat It. Amazing songs! But they are missing so many of the hidden gems of his catalog. Ask a slightly more serious MJ fan the same question and they will cringe at such a difficult question! Moscow, Heal The World, Closet, Butterflies, We've Had Enough... the list goes on and on.

Neverland has a similar persona, at least to me. Sure, everyone loved the theater and the carousel and elephants. But Michael tucked so many gems away that most people likely saw right past them. I have shared stories about the chirping birds we created, and the crickets, but I stumbled across a photo of the stagecoach that suddenly threw me back quite a few years.

Michael loved animals, although he was always a bit nervous around dogs. I never went horseback riding with him (sort of wish I would have), but I know he loved the horses. He even insisted that Neverland be sold with the two horses that he and Bill Bray rode during and early visit to the then Sycamore Valley Ranch.

The horse (Cowboy) section of the ranch was further back on the property, and it is likely that not everyone ever made it back that far. The amusement park was, understandably, the big draw. But if you walked just another hundred yards or so past the bumper cars, you would be in the zoo - and the horse barn.

During our peak at Neverland, which truthfully lasted for several years, we were building music and lighting systems almost as fast as Michael could think up new areas and projects. He always gave me plenty of time to research new projects, but once I presented him with an idea he liked, he couldn't wait for us to build it! One day we would be up on a hill putting music in a gazebo, and the next day we would adding subwoofers to the music system on the Zipper.

I don't remember the exact phone call, but at some point he purchased a horse-drawn carriage, or as we sometimes called it The Stagecoach. I have no idea of it's history or actual age, but it seemed very old and very legit. Anyway, he told me he wanted music on the stagecoach.

Now, let's mention the obvious here, in case you missed it. A stagecoach has no motor or engine to power a music system - only a walking horse. So, we had to improvise.

I designed a very simple yet power music system by mounting a CD player (remember the old Sony Walkman CD players??) on a flexible metal arm, which suspended just next to the driver. If you look closely in the picture you can see it.

Next, we had to build a power little 12-volt amplifier and four (yes four) speakers mounted under the seats. This all ran off of a giant boat battery which would be charged between guests.

I already knew the type of music Michael liked at Neverland (I burned all of the CDs myself), so there was no guesswork there. I brought one of the custom Neverland CDs and loaded into the CD player and took it for a test listen. I really don't care to brag too much, but it was, without a doubt, the best sounding stagecoach that I had ever heard!

It took a few days to design and build it, and - like every project I worked on with Michael - I was so excited to play it for him when it was finished. He loved it, job well done!

So is there anything terribly exciting about putting music on a stagecoach? Well, maybe not, but here's what I keep tripping on in my head when I think about Neverland. It wasn't just me up there - it was artists and builders and painters and landscapers and masons and florists. There was art and music and beauty everywhere. There was Michael everywhere. You could feel it. You could feel him.

I used to stay late at Neverland, because I loved being there after dark. The workers would all leave, and I would stay an extra hour or two and adjust the subwoofer levels on the bumper cars or the EQ on the carousel just a little bit. I wanted everything to be perfect for the next group, and I just liked the place.

After dark, if no guests were on property, Neverland would be incredibly dark and almost magical. Then I could hear my chirping birds, the cricket sounds, the comforting notes of Debussy, and I would just walk and take it all in. The park might be lit up, or it might be dark, depending on the day and event. But once in a while I would see "my" stagecoach coming out for a practice run. The music would be playing and the driver would always greet me with a smile or allow me to hop in for a ride.

So much to take in. So many details. Such an amazing labor of love, and yet even something as simple and rarely used as a stagecoach still got the full treatment. That... was Michael.

Join me in less than three weeks as I take you behind the scenes in the studio and at Neverland. Let me give you just a glimpse of what it was like to work with, laugh with, learn with and be friends with someone I have endless respect for - Michael Jackson.

Tickets are on sale now - I hope you can join me In The Studio.

>Brad

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/plnraxiwj][/URL]

Finally sorted my tickets for Dublin.

It's my first time in Ireland so if anyone wants to show me around or shout me a Guinness...

Is there anyone on here going to 'In The Studio with MJ' in BERLIN this month, October 21st & 22nd???

Especially from the southern part of Germany or Austria/Italy?

A seminar?

Is this a course just talkin about Michael Jackson or about learning music theory

A seminar?

Is this a course just talkin about Michael Jackson or about learning music theory

If you read the very first post in this thread, it will give you a very good idea of what the seminars include. Subsequent posts by fans who attended the seminars will give you more detailed information about the development of the seminars over time.

Latest from Brad......who is currently on his way to London :)
Tickets are available for Dublin and Berlin

Thank you London - we are sold out!! Game over!

Tomorrow night we will be in London at Fiction Studios for the Remix, followed the next day by the full "In The Studio With MJ" seminar, and we are currently at capacity! Thank you so much for your support!

Dublin and Berlin - tickets are still available for when we arrive in your beautiful cities.

I don't expect you to remember this, but I spent more than 18 years working with Michael, with many of those years spent building the music and lighting systems at Neverland. I was reviewing the "Tour Of Neverland" segment yesterday, and it blows me away just how large the place was.

I was describing the "little train" (there were two trains at Neverland) to a friend of mine, and told him that when we first installed it Michael was riding around with Lee Tucker driving it. (Lee was Michael's good friend and projectionist from Warner Hollywood). He asked Lee what it was like to drive the train, and Lee said something to the effect of, "It's your train, why don't YOU drive it!" Michael was so surprised that he could actually drive his own train at his ranch!

The "Tour Of Neverland" segment has become one of my favorite parts of the seminar, and fittingly it tucks in between the Bad and Dangerous albums, because that was when we started so many of the projects, including the theme park.

The theme park had their own crew, and they were some of the nicest guys imaginable. We used to pack a lunch when we worked up there for a day (or sometimes the chef would make us lunch), and during our lunch break they would always ask us if we wanted to hit the rides for a bit, you know, for the sake of "testing". We would almost always ride the bumper cars until we felt like we needed to be hospitalized. Michael didn't want them to move slowly and safely like Disney, he wanted them full-speed with the music full volume. I have never ridden bumper cars like that since!

Pull the curtain back.
Ignore the "Closed Session" sign.

Join me for a day in the studio.
Let me take you to Neverland.

Hear things you have never heard.
See things you have never seen.
Learn things you never knew.

Let me introduce you to a friend of mine - his name is Michael Jackson. I hope you can spend a day with me In The Studio.

Tickets for Dublin and Berlin are on sale now - Will You Be There?

DUBLIN:
October 17th, 2016 6:00 pm
October 19th, 2016 10:00 pm

35 Liffey Street Lower, North City, Dublin 1, Ireland

BERLIN:
October 21st, 2016 6:00 pm
October 22nd, 2016 7:00 pm

Nalepastraße 18, 12459 Berlin, Germany

https://ticketbud.com/events/search...ch=In+the+studio+with+michael&button=&[sort]=

This morning Brad has mentioned that there may be a last-minute LONDON ticket available for Fri pm 14th Oct / Sat 15th Oct. Keep a look out on Brad's website (IntheStudiowithmj or Ticketbud as above).

MJJuniorSinceMW;4169646 said:
Is there anyone on here going to 'In The Studio with MJ' in BERLIN this month, October 21st & 22nd???

Especially from the southern part of Germany or Austria/Italy?

Brad says today that there are still some tickets available for Berlin at the weekend. The London seminars were awesome.....if you have an opportunity to go to one of these events, don't miss it!

BERLIN:
October 21st, 2016 6:00 pm
October 22nd, 2016 7:00 pm

Nalepastraße 18, 12459 Berlin, Germany

https://ticketbud.com/events/search?...n=&[sort]=

Back