Branca: Unreleased Music Unlikely in the Foreseeable Future

He most likely is referring to film, shoot with the purpose of being released. The wording is bad but that’s got to be what he means because they released a professionally filmed show on bad25 lol.

Still it’s weird because he contradicts himself in the very next sentence when he says that they’re still searching for it.
Thank you! I had a feeling that's what he meant, but yeah, very strange how he words it.
Prince Jackson actually liked his post Instagram so I don’t think Branca is totally lying here. It could be that some of the film footage is lost. Who knows. Either way it’s disappointing.
I know people don't want to think about this... I know I don't, but it wouldn't surprise me if the footage was lost due to negligence or deliberate theft/sabotage (i.e. a hater somehow got in and stole or destroyed the footage). It really sucks if true, especially if the loss was deliberate, as it could have been prevented due to certain... events never happening in the first place. Or maybe we'll get lucky and it'll turn up 50 years from now.

Everyone knows no one wants to work with the estate. They have barely anything to their name. Maybe there is lots of material, but MJ and circumstance made sure none of it was in Brancas hands.

Everyone knows no one wants to work with the estate. They have barely anything to their name. Maybe there is lots of material, but MJ and circumstance made sure none of it was in Brancas hands.
Branca would have more material if he was willing to work with the people who have it. Instead he just wants them to give him the music so that the estate can do whatever they want with it.

Branca would have more material if he was willing to work with the people who have it. Instead he just wants them to give him the music so that the estate can do whatever they want with it.
Yeah their so called restoration of the Wembley concert made it look and sound WORSE, that should tell you all you need to know about how capable the estate is.

It's kinda a chicken and the egg thing. They have had no problem with Paul Anka, copyright faux pas notwithstanding. They've gotten pretty much any big name celebrity they've asked for. And they had Teddy Riley off and on again, Rodney Jerkins, and even the brothers are willing to show up (to get a piece of the pie maybe, but still.)

As far as I understand it, Quincy, Rod, and co, were against the Estate since pretty much the jump. Q period has been pretty antagonistic. Maybe some of that is their fault (copyright) but in 2009? Maybe some of that is MJs fault. Or maybe once he died, things changed. Well, that much is definitely true. Anyway.

The Casio event caused a lot of this, but it started before then. Xscape wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but some people are for it, and some aren't. It's hard to satisfy everyone, even when you try.

So why did they even try?
Well they tried and made it worse. (Also not entirely sure I agree with this blanket statement).
In 2012 it seemed like a good idea. 10 years on we know better.

I say you can't because it's a lotta work with very little return. If this is the best they can do, they should just leave the OTW stuff alone.

I'll be the first to echo that the Wembley show is actually terrible looking. Truly just awful. It's a VHS tape but they made no discernible improvements at all. It hardly distracts from MJ, quite the opposite actually, and it's still barely worse than Bucharest (I don't like SD except for color aspect). But I want 4K.

Back