Branca: Unreleased Music Unlikely in the Foreseeable Future

Michael himself said that he had THOUSANDS of unreleased songs that could be released. There is no secret here.

Michael himself said he recorded all of the time. He sure as hell did not spend all of his time recording only demos. Jesus. How asinine.

There aren't thousands of unreleased songs. The highest estimate ever given was 250, and even that was apparently a stretch according to many who have spoken out on it. There are more vocally incomplete tracks in the vault than there are completed ones.

the well is dry, it's all over, the estate knows this but won't say it

when you have to dig up a demo song Michael Jackson did in 1982, and present that demo as an "never before released song" (Love Never Felt So Good), a song that MJ didn't even think was good enough to release during the time he recorded it, that's a definitive sign as to where things stand.

It's my theory that there isn't actually anything else left to release. Does anyone else suspect this?

There's a ton left to release. Producers, songwriters, musicians, engineers, and fans lucky enough to gain access to the material have spoken about tons of songs that have yet to be heard by the public that are in a releasable state.

I Have This Dream (1999), Chicago 1945, Miss You, Can't Get Your Weight Off of Me, Wonderful World of Candy, Neverland Landing, I Have This Dream (2005), He Who Makes the Sky Gray, It Don't Matter to Me, The Future, Throwing Your Life Away, Tomboy, Jungle, What You Do to Me, Buffalo Bill, Make a Wish... and that's just some of them!

As someone said above, 24 songs were up for consideration for Xscape, meaning there are at least 16 fully-finished songs out there (though God knows how many of those songs we've already heard, considering that that number purportedly includes "I Was the Loser" and "If You Don't Love Me").

It's also quite unfair to use LNFSG as an indicator that the well is dry because Michael chose not to release it in his lifetime. Michael chose not to release ANY of these songs in his lifetime. I also distinctly recall that John McClain wanted to get LNFSG on Michael way back in 2010 to no avail. Its release means nothing.

Last edited:
It's also quite unfair to use LNFSG as an indicator that the well is dry because Michael chose not to release it in his lifetime. Michael chose not to release ANY of these songs in his lifetime.

On top of this, simply because Michael decided to not release a track doesn't mean he thought it wasn't up to scratch. Many times he didn't include a track on an album simply because he felt it was out of place (the time wasn't right), or that he felt he could keep improving on it (as opposed to "put it under lock and key - lets never mention this song ever again").

The great thing about Xscape is that LA Reid and co. chose songs that Michael had done many takes for, showing that he at least felt something for them, that they were good enough to pour multiple attempts into. And while they could've been worked on further more and improved more, I'd say some of those songs (APWNN, STTR, Blue Gangsta, Xscape) were developed enough to the point that the demo versions we got on Xscape could actually be considered "releasable" during their era.

Psychoniff;4175885 said:
It's my theory that there isn't actually anything else left to release. Does anyone else suspect this?

No. - As AlwaysThere said - at least 24 songs were considered for Xscape - because they were in a releasable state.

Bringing Brighter Days;4175900 said:
the well is dry, it's all over, the estate knows this but won't say it

when you have to dig up a demo song Michael Jackson did in 1982, and present that demo as an "never before released song" (Love Never Felt So Good), a song that MJ didn't even think was good enough to release during the time he recorded it, that's a definitive sign as to where things stand.

the last body of new music MJ ever did was Invincible and after that, in his heart, he retired,

The Number Ones released in 2003 was more of a compilation album

it's all over and I'm not trying to be negative, but when MJ said THIS IS IT, that's what that phrase meant. The Final Curtain Call

Nahh - I don't think so. - He said so many times he never stopped making music. - He made some songs for 2 Seas Records, Will.I.Am and many more songs after Invincible - so no ¨- He absolutely did not retire after Invincible... - Not at all. - He has some unhumanely hard years with the trial - and after the trial... So 2003-2007 might not be his most productive years - but I think it's fair to say he still made music.

AlwaysThere;4175901 said:
There aren't thousands of unreleased songs. The highest estimate ever given was 250, and even that was apparently a stretch according to many who have spoken out on it. There are more vocally incomplete tracks in the vault than there are completed ones.

There's a ton left to release. Producers, songwriters, musicians, engineers, and fans lucky enough to gain access to the material have spoken about tons of songs that have yet to be heard by the public that are in a releasable state.

I Have This Dream (1999), Chicago 1945, Miss You, Can't Get Your Weight Off of Me, Wonderful World of Candy, Neverland Landing, I Have This Dream (2005), He Who Makes the Sky Gray, It Don't Matter to Me, The Future, Throwing Your Life Away, Tomboy, Jungle, What You Do to Me, Buffalo Bill, Make a Wish... and that's just some of them!

As someone said above, 24 songs were up for consideration for Xscape, meaning there are at least 16 fully-finished songs out there (though God knows how many of those songs we've already heard, considering that that number purportedly includes "I Was the Loser" and "If You Don't Love Me").

It's also quite unfair to use LNFSG as an indicator that the well is dry because Michael chose not to release it in his lifetime. Michael chose not to release ANY of these songs in his lifetime. I also distinctly recall that John McClain wanted to get LNFSG on Michael way back in 2010 to no avail. Its release means nothing.

Agree. - They don't care about us was left off Dangerous. - So If MJ had died in 1994 - would that mean the song should never be released?? - MJ clearly liked the song. So many times did he make a song, not include it on the album and releaased it on a later album. BOTDF too right?

HIStoric;4175904 said:
On top of this, simply because Michael decided to not release a track doesn't mean he thought it wasn't up to scratch. Many times he didn't include a track on an album simply because he felt it was out of place (the time wasn't right), or that he felt he could keep improving on it (as opposed to "put it under lock and key - lets never mention this song ever again").

The great thing about Xscape is that LA Reid and co. chose songs that Michael had done many takes for, showing that he at least felt something for them, that they were good enough to pour multiple attempts into. And while they could've been worked on further more and improved more, I'd say some of those songs (APWNN, STTR, Blue Gangsta, Xscape) were developed enough to the point that the demo versions we got on Xscape could actually be considered "releasable" during their era.

Agreed !!

Regarding Michael saying he has X amount of songs etc... Don't take everything he says as fact, he had the tendency to say things to sound grander at times.. (PR)

Regarding Michael saying he has X amount of songs etc... Don't take everything he says as fact, he had the tendency to say things to sound grander at times.. (PR)

That collaboration with Will I Am was partly PR, and specifically for the Thriller 25 project

He unofficially retired after Invincible

It seems as some very small minority here wants to deliberately stir up arguments or cause confusion.
One or two users were already exposed as trolls by others, even knowing them from other forums.

They should just be ignored.

They show their intentions by posting those extreme exaggerations.

For sure their are not thousands upon thousands of songs in the vault, especially not finished ones.
But also it's not like there is nothing more left to release.

And if i recall correctly MJ always was asked how many songs he WROTE for one album or on how many he WORKED ON. Not how many were recorded or even finished.
And to that question he answered "around 100" it was in case of dangerous album i think.

And that he wrote 100 songs for dangerous could very well be true. Taking into account all of the songs which ended up on the album itself, the songs which ended up on later albums, the songs from the dangerous sessions that have been cut & since have leaked & the songs we heard titles of, which still exist though unreleased.
So it could very well be the case that he wrote 100 songs, or there were ideas for that number of songs. Maybe he ended up starting to record 35-50 songs & 25 to 30 were finished or almost finished...

That's just an example of how it could have played out & how the "100 written songs" are to be taken into account.

I think most of you guys on this forum, are in possession of around 10 or even more songs which aren't officially released (leaks).
So that's an album full of unreleased material which could be released easily at one point in time.
Of course for those who have that stuff already it would be a bummer if there is nothing completely new/unheard on that hypothetical future release. On Xscape there were only 2 songs i've never heard before. But thats the deal everyone makes, who get's/listens to leaked stuff. One can not blame the estate or Sony for releasing leaked stuff, especially when there is only a finite number of songs left.

Last edited:

I agree with your post 100% that why these golden nuggets should not be lock up.

BBD it is not over yet. This can't be This Is It.

That collaboration with Will I Am was partly PR, and specifically for the Thriller 25 project

He officially worked on a lot post Invincible.. There is an album fact sheet I created back in 07 I believe it was that showcased everything we knew about his current work.. And it went far beyond Will.i.am.. He was basically doing open casting for producers to see what he could create with them.. Will.i.am, Ne-yo, Akon, RedOne... etc.

Here is a repost of mine with what was what we knew at one point: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/138597-Michaels-later-body-of-work

I simply think this hold out is also a waiting game to be out of Sony contract...

Jesus. BringingBrighterDays did you read my post?! You obviously don't know your Michael Jackson facts.

Lol. I think Michael Jackson news as well as anyone how many songs he had unreleased. Did you all read my post about "completed songs"? I do not think that the three thousand I am talking about even include demos, outtakes (as in parts of songs), instrumentals, God knows remixes, and alternative versions. We know Michael was recording up to ELEVEN different versions of the songs on "Invincible"! What I hope is that he re-recorded all sorts of songs throughout his career AND cover songs by TONS of people! Hopefully from Motown to Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Elvis, and QUEEN!!! :)

And that what we need to do see how it play out it not the finale word yet. The Estate could change their mine.

Last edited:
OR they could change their "mind" lol. :) If there ARE any "mines" they need to get rid of those! Man Michael kicked arse! I am sure there's tons of s-hit! I sit around thinking about it a BUNCH! :) I genuinely have NOT listened to leaked stuff though. I always for the most part had a fear of ruining something for myself. Lol.

Jesus. BringingBrighterDays did you read my post?! You obviously don't know your Michael Jackson facts.

Okay, trolling is fun, but you and your random insults are getting a bit much.

And you're questioning someone's knowledge of Michael Jackson facts? How ironic.

will.i.am has said they have three finished songs from 2006-2007. RedOne says he has enough vocals to cut together a few complete songs. At least one person at the MJ Archives has heard "H2O" from 2008. Dozens of people have spoken about Michael's persistence to work on new music and get a new album out. Michael Prince said Michael was choosing what songs would be up for consideration.

Michael was not retired. He was actively at work.

will.i.am has said they have three finished songs from 2006-2007. RedOne says he has enough vocals to cut together a few complete songs. At least one person at the MJ Archives has heard "H2O" from 2008. Dozens of people have spoken about Michael's persistence to work on new music and get a new album out. Michael Prince said Michael was choosing what songs would be up for consideration.

Michael was not retired. He was actively at work.

they been saying that since 2006, this almost 2017 coming up

If it wasn't for The Arvisos, I'm sure that we probably would have got something new after Invincible.

I'm pretty sure if those allegations didn't happen, we would have got a new album in 2005. I would also say that Michael would be alive today if not for those allegations.

Please elaborate...

I'm talking specifically about the songs. Much of the tracks that were released from both posthumous releases were the most complete (i.e. melody, vocals etc) they could use. I think it's mostly speculation about other tracks being near completion and sufficient enough to be released. i.e "Chicago 1945", "Men In Black" etc

He may have done hundreds of songs, but who wants to hear mumbling scratch vocals on an official release?

Last edited:
I'm talking specifically about the songs. Much of the tracks that were released from both posthumous releases were the most complete (i.e. melody, vocals etc) they could use. I think it's mostly speculation about other tracks being near completion and sufficient enough to be released. i.e "Chicago 1945", "Men In Black" etc

He may have done hundreds of songs, but who wants to hear mumbling scratch vocals on an official release?

Man, didn't you get the memo?!

There were at least 24 (twenty four) songs in consideration for the Xcsape album.
And all of those 24 songs fulfilled the high standards set by LA Reid.
So there are at least 16 songs in a complete enough state, that they also could have landed on Xscape.

Blue Criminal;4175923 said:
No, he didn't retire after Invincible.

Of course, there are facts which prove that MJ did not retire after the release of the ‘Invincible’ album.

Shortly after his 2005 acquittal he traveled to Bahrain with a view to recording a new studio album. For this reason, MJ signed an agreement with the Bahrain-located Two Seas Records (for a tentative release in late 2007):

"I am incredibly excited about my new venture and I am enjoying being back in the studio making music…” (MJ, statement released in London)

After his departure from Bahrain, MJ arrived in Cork (Ireland) where he continued creating/recording new music at Grouse Lodge recording studio (County Westmeath). Being in search of new musical ideas for a new album, MJ also invited several other artists at that time (including Will.i.am).

Bringing Brighter Days;4175921 said:

So, as you can see there was never any unofficial retirement on MJ’s part after 'Invincible'.

mj_frenzy;4176018 said:
Of course, there are facts which prove that MJ did not retire after the release of the ‘Invincible’ album.

Shortly after his 2005 acquittal he traveled to Bahrain with a view to recording a new studio album. For this reason, MJ signed an agreement with the Bahrain-located Two Seas Records (for a tentative release in late 2007):

"I am incredibly excited about my new venture and I am enjoying being back in the studio making music…” (MJ, statement released in London)

After his departure from Bahrain, MJ arrived in Cork (Ireland) where he continued creating/recording new music at Grouse Lodge recording studio (County Westmeath). Being in search of new musical ideas for a new album, MJ also invited several other artists at that time (including Will.i.am).

So, as you can see there was never any unofficial retirement on MJ’s part after 'Invincible'.

wait, you believed that that 2 seas project was really going to happen?

You all need to use the ignore button on the two posters who do nothing but court reactions by their intentional postings in most threads they enter

Back