Bravado sues Julian Rouas (Joe's partner)for MJ Perfumes / Update: Settlement Reached

Re: Bravado International sues Julian Rouas Paris (Joe Jackson's partners) in regards to MJ Perfumes

I am certain Michael was very aware of this sense of entitlement. I think Michael's will tells us exactly how he felt about that entitlement issue. You can't use me anymore...

Personally I don't think I have ever seen such a scheming family.

Girl I had my doubts about that family but I never in my life thought it was this bad.. I used to be a fan of this family, the entire family. I am totally shocked and disappointed in their behavior and their lack of concern or love for MJ. It is all about money for them. It is so evident. It is so bad that according to some members they knew he had a 'problem' of some sort but they were more than willing to beg him to perform with them for a family concert. That right there shows you what they are all about. It is so so sad..

Re: Bravado International sues Julian Rouas Paris (Joe Jackson's partners) in regards to MJ Perfumes

I got the complaint file from the court

- It's a trademark, copyright, right of publicity infringement and unfair competition lawsuit.
- They are suing Frank (Julian) Rouas and Julian Rouas Paris Inc. Joe isn't named as a defendant.
- Complaint alleges that they are using Michael Jackson trademark or a mark confusingly similar, MJ's likeliness and/or pictures.
- Therefore it deceives public about the source of the merchandise and aims to cash in on Michael Jackson's reputation and harms MJ Estate.
- Bravado says that Julian Rouas Paris has used a photo from 1985 Official Michael Jackson Calendar in advertisements and promotion. (Note: It's the photo that Michael wears Thriller Jacket)

Bravado wants
- preliminary injunction to stop them using MJ's name, trademark, likeliness, artwork. photographs or anything confusingly similar
- permanent injunction to stop them selling them the above mentioned merchandise
- 3 times the profits from merchandise or 3 times the damages of the Estate , whichever one is larger + attorney fees + lawsuit costs
- $750 for each name / likeliness used on each different product + punitive damages + attorney fees
- $150,000 for the photograph used in advertisements

---------------

btw there's no explicit mention of the logo and use of Michael's silhouette on toes in the complaint (it's all general like name,image, likeliness). Am I the only one that's seeing it?

2mo5829.jpg

- It's a trademark, copyright, right of publicity infringement and unfair competition lawsuit.
- They are suing Frank (Julian) Rouas and Julian Rouas Paris Inc. Joe isn't named as a defendant.
- Complaint alleges that they are using Michael Jackson trademark or a mark confusingly similar, MJ's likeliness and/or pictures.
- Therefore it deceives public about the source of the merchandise and aims to cash in on Michael Jackson's reputation and harms MJ Estate.
- Bravado says that Julian Rouas Paris has used a photo from 1985 Official Michael Jackson Calendar in advertisements and promotion. (Note: It's the photo that Michael wears Thriller Jacket)

Bravado wants
- preliminary injunction to stop them using MJ's name, trademark, likeliness, artwork. photographs or anything confusingly similar
- permanent injunction to stop them selling them the above mentioned merchandise
- 3 times the profits from merchandise or 3 times the damages of the Estate , whichever one is larger + attorney fees + lawsuit costs
- $750 for each name / likeliness used on each different product + punitive damages + attorney fees

Thanks Ivy.

Does Joe even care how money grubbing this makes him look? If the Jackson family was smart that would be doing all they could to cater to MJ fans, but they are driving us away from them because of their actions and lack of support for their brother.

As happy about this as I am, how excactly is Joe using Michael's likeness?

That is my question. I haven't seen the actual product but it sounds like he is just referencing Jackson and the Jacksons do have a legacy as a whole so not sure how naming a perfume Legacy is hurting Michael. Of course I do support the estate working to protect Michael's rights.

I think the problem is with the logo. see anything familiar. towards the top.

5u3hy.jpg

I'l also pretty sure that "neverland" is trademarked

o6i29x.jpg
Oh thanks now I see Ivy. I think he would have been okay without the logo or Michael pictures. When a dj in my area was talking about the product he didn't advertise it in reference to Michael just Joe. He didn't even mention Michael's name

The lesson at the end of the day is that you DO NOT OWN your children. How frustrating that must be to a child, not matter what age.

This is perfect. Thank you for saying it.

I think this must have caused Michael a lot of heart ache

That is my question. I haven't seen the actual product but it sounds like he is just referencing Jackson and the Jacksons do have a legacy as a whole so not sure how naming a perfume Legacy is hurting Michael. Of course I do support the estate working to protect Michael's rights.

well I see MJ's silhouette on his toes in the logo - it's not mentioned in the lawsuit explicitly though - and I'm like "am I the only one that sees it?" :)

2mo5829.jpg

and the screenshot below on the top left hand (MJ wearing the Thriller jacket) is copyrighted in 1985 official Michael Jackson calendar.

o6i29x.jpg

Joe seems like someone who can't let go of the past and wants to relive the glory days of the Jackson 5. Always wanting Michael to tour with the brothers etc. Michael grew up and made his own history. He always thanked his family and anyone who helped in his career. Joe is never satisfied. It's kind of sad because he is like 81 and I doubt he is close with any of his kids and they don't even call him dad. You would think the death of his son would change him or make him have regrets. All I see is someone who can't stop thinking of new ways to make money using his son.

Well I found another MJ silhoutte on the packaging, this time from TII and much more obvious

618256-parfum-michael-jackson-lance-par-le-637x0-2.jpg

and also I found the following on this blog

These two perfume will be out in the summer for the US, and later for the rest of the world.

We should add that 10% of the sales will be given to the Heal The World Foundation.

UPDATE : it’s unclear what’s this Heal the world foundation is using the money for, but we’re looking for more info at the time

Wouldnt joe be in some sort of trouble using the TII logo or something?

ivy;3404486 said:
We should add that 10% of the sales will be given to the Heal The World Foundation.

UPDATE : it’s unclear what’s this Heal the world foundation is using the money for, but we’re looking for more info at the time[/I]

oh God~~~~~~~so now they are all connected?
All of them are using MJ's name to profit.
I am sorry but my respect to J family is almost going to be 0 as the time went by.
What they've done for the past 2 year are just unbelievable.
I have to say MJ did make the right decision to have a trust.
I can't image what will happen if there' no one.

They really do not get it!! I was waiting for this to happen, although, I must say that Bravado took some time before they reacted. We saw the ads a long time ago.

oh God~~~~~~~so now they are all connected?
All of them are using MJ's name to profit.

seems like it.

Let's try a scenario: You have Joe &partners and Howard Mann who want to sell MJ related merchandise to make profit but they can't do it because Estate / Triumph / Bravado keeps suing them for trademark / copyright infringement / use of MJ's name and likeliness. HTWF has some trademarks registered but being sued by Estate. So they try to legitimize HWTF by becoming board members, try to support it financially so that it can win the lawsuit and hold on to the trademarks and all these people (Mann and Joe's partners) can produce and sell MJ merchandise with those trademarks and enjoy the profits.

does it make sense?

Girl I had my doubts about that family but I never in my life thought it was this bad.. I used to be a fan of this family, the entire family. I am totally shocked and disappointed in their behavior and their lack of concern or love for MJ. It is all about money for them. It is so evident. It is so bad that according to some members they knew he had a 'problem' of some sort but they were more than willing to beg him to perform with them for a family concert. That right there shows you what they are all about. It is so so sad..

:cry:

:doh:

Bravado wants

Thanks Ivy for all the info! :)

well I see MJ's silhouette on his toes in the logo - it's not mentioned in the lawsuit explicitly though - and I'm like "am I the only one that sees it?" :)

2mo5829.jpg

and the screenshot below on the top left hand (MJ wearing the Thriller jacket) is copyrighted in 1985 official Michael Jackson calendar.

o6i29x.jpg

No. I also see the same thing as you. :unsure: :fear:

It's all about money M.O.N.E.Y

I guess they better call the printy to. Redo the lable.
what take them so long, I say hit them where it hurts, I think you have to wait until a crime is committed before you call the copyright police.
As soon as they hit the sale button, lawyer start drawing up stop Oder.
So first belt and know perfume. I wonder what next Joe?
Shame on both MJ mother and father, I guess it was too much to ask Katherine and Joe to be regual grandparent, I can help but feel a great sadness for Michael growing up knowing family only love you for what you can give them.

seems like it.

Let's try a scenario: You have Joe &partners and Howard Mann who want to sell MJ related merchandise to make profit but they can't do it because Estate / Triumph / Bravado keeps suing them for trademark / copyright infringement / use of MJ's name and likeliness. HTWF has some trademarks registered but being sued by Estate. So they try to legitimize HWTF by becoming board members, try to support it financially so that it can win the lawsuit and hold on to the trademarks and all these people (Mann and Joe's partners) can produce and sell MJ merchandise with those trademarks and enjoy the profits.

does it make sense?

makes perfect sense

Joe & co can't and won't win even if they give all proceeds to charities because they do not have rights to MJ image & likeness. That's almost like me robbing the banks and giving the proceeds to charity. surely I'll be locked up for that.

La Toya Jackson (latoyajackson) on Twitter
latoyajackson La Toya Jackson
At my father's launching party for his Vodka and Cologne here in Vegas. I'm very proud of him, he's still putting together deals.
16 minutes ago

At my father's launching party for his Vodka and Cologne here in Vegas. I'm very proud of him, he's still putting together deals.
16 minutes ago

RIIIIIGHT! LMAO Y'all all the same, greedy for $$$$$! Poor MJ, how is he still the bread winner of this family? o_O SAD.

... Am I the only one that's seeing it? ...

You were the one who saw it, now thanks to you, many of us see it :p Thanks! :)

In my defense (Which is not defense) had only seen the logo too small. :S

Thank you for everything again Ivy! :)

I have to say MJ did make the right decision to have a trust.
I can't image what will happen if there' no one.

I can it.....

seems like it.
does it make sense?

Probably they think so. But the support of x-Millions can not make the success in a suit, or? (There should be law und a judge.)
They need the members more for buying their products.

The picture....the crown there is also a stylize "M"; it remembers on the old MJ-logo.
(The history of the old MJ-logo in the year 2003 und in 2006 is very unclear - maybe or likely dirty- at that times and today was Dieter Wiesner the central-figure.)

The same wrong people of Michael's time are behind Joe and Katherine now an I can't say, that I'm sad about this....sorry.

It would be sad, when Joe's/Katherine's business alone about money is... I think, it is es a trial of strength the Jackson's to the Estate: How far can we go with Branca.
And Branca, ever in respect because they are the parents of Michael, keeps his contenance! Bravado must in this suit about every step speak with Branca before.
I would have soon before a long time lost my contenance. Respect, Mr. Branca!, (wheter is it right and the better way, who knows.)

Rouas is claiming that the estate has only authority on Music. And the Jackson Family Foundation gave him approval.

I read this argument also in the HTWF-case. And in the Gary-projekt Michael's parents have spoken the same to the mayor of Gary.

Oh man, and now is Oxman away.....

Last edited:

Maybe you should e-mail this to the Estate? Just a thought.

16 minutes ago

Joe was making deals AND advertising them two days after Michael died. The man has no soul or any feelings. Used Michael in life and continues to use him in death. Very sad.

I don't understand the need for all these ridiculous business deals. If they MUST release Joe Jackson perfume with Michael's face on it, they should at least try to get in contact with the copyright owners prior to doing so. They can only say yes or no, and if they say no, LET IT GO. Put your own face on the product and let it go. Michael's logo isn't worth the amount of money they stand to loose by going against the trademark owners. They already owe Bravado over 150k for this stupid Joe Jackson cologne (that no one is going to buy), and they haven't even started selling it yet.

Just because Joe feels he's entitled to use Michael because Michael is his son, does not mean he has the right (legally speaking) to exploit his son's image and likeliness. He doesn't have the right, because the rights belong to other people. The sooner Joe and Katherine understand this, the better.

Good, NO JACKSON other than his children should be allowed to use make profit out of Michael's name, fame and likeness. EVER. The lawyers need to go after every single greedy scheming Jackson there is out there.

The Jackson's have used and abused Michael toooo much for toooooo long, enough is enough

Back