"Breaking News" All General Discussion Here [Merged]

What do You Think Now???

• Now im Sure Its Michael!!!

Votes: 89 21.4%
  • I Still Think its Not him!!!

Votes: 223 53.7%
  • I now think that its Michael, but still have my doubts!!

Votes: 24 5.8%
  • Im Confused!!!!

Votes: 79 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official Acapella " BREAKING NEWS "- Do you still think its not mike ????

I'm so confused..
But at 2:00 - 2:06, my heart tells me it's him.

Re: "Breaking News" General Discussion Here

Its a relief to know that Sony admits to hiring an impersonator to cover majority of the vocals, but im still concerned whether Sony will take it off the album or not.

I do not know if you were on last night, but Smooth gave us an update that his source at Sony said that there is another voice on the song, and that sony was meeting today to investigate this. That is why we now know that the song is not 100% Michael. LTD is RIGHT. He was saying this all along, but was asleep last night when the information came out. Many need to read back some posts and you will find this. There has been some developments in this drama. Smooth has always given us good information in the past, so I am going to go with him.

Who is to say that Smooth's insider is right? At the end of the day I think the guy is reliable but I take what insiders say with a pinch of salt.I'm the kind of person who needs proof before I will believe gossip, statements etc. My opinion is that & always has been that Michael just features on the track but will keep an open mind to other possibilities.

My point to my previous post to you was that basically you were saying if people believed that it was just Michael on the track, then they were insulting him, which I thought was harsh.There has been a lot of statements on this board against those who believe it's Michael on the track, if they think he is just part of the song or wholly on the track.Words like stupid, or saying you must be blind etc. Or saying you are not a real fan or you are insulting him/his legacy etc. etc. Just because they don't share the same opinion!

Not everyone in life will agree with you or your opinion. You will have a hard time in life if you always think you are right & insult those who think differently than yourself!

Anyway, hopefully the controversy will soon pass & we can look forward to the new album again.

Peace & love to you!

Re: Why Breaking News could be a blessing in disguise

According to Smooth now these tracks will be left off. Also there was only going to be 2 to 3 instead of 5 , but i would not mind hearing these if only Michael, maybe even just a demo as bonus material.

If it is a new version on MJ.com I can't really hear the difference.

If someone has the new version as mp3 for download please PM me. I would like to hear it and compare it to the first version we got. Cause I can't really hear a difference.

According to Smooth now these tracks will be left off. Also there was only going to be 2 to 3 instead of 5 , but i would not mind hearing these if only Michael, maybe even just a demo as bonus material.

Where did he say that?

Sony can simply stand by the fact that they are real. But decide to pull them off because it technically hasn't been released as a single for the album.

Who is to say that Smooth's insider is right? At the end of the day I think the guy is reliable but I take what insiders say with a pinch of salt.I'm the kind of person who needs proof before I will believe gossip, statements etc. My opinion is that & always has been that Michael just features on the track but will keep an open mind to other possibilities.

My point to my previous post to you was that basically you were saying if people believed that it was just Michael on the track, then they were insulting him, which I thought was harsh.There has been a lot of statements on this board against those who believe it's Michael on the track, if they think he is just part of the song or wholly on the track.Words like stupid, or saying you must be blind etc. Or saying you are not a real fan or you are insulting him/his legacy etc. etc. Just because they don't share the same opinion!

Not everyone in life will agree with you or your opinion. You will have a hard time in life if you always think you are right & insult those who think differently than yourself!

Anyway, hopefully the controversy will soon pass & we can look forward to the new album again.

Peace & love to you!

That was great!
:clapping:

the accapella shows what a really awful cut and paste has been done - very very little of this is MJ singing the song at the time the song was recorded

Like I said earlier in this thread...

Many fans need time to realize Michael wanted to sound differently on this record. That's all and it's not even sth new for MJ. He did not only change his appearance throughout the years (you can't simply ignore this), he also changed his vocal abilities and style from album to album and each time his voice and the way he sung has changed.
Did you hear "This Is It"? Haven't you noticed it sounds like nothing on THRILLER or BAD, but it has been recorded BETWEEN these two albums.

Did you hear "One More Chance"? Back in 2003 many fans first thought it was a completely new song from 2003, HOWEVER it was recorded during the INVINCIBLE recording sessions. His voice however sounded completely different on this recording when compared to other tracks on INVINCIBLE.

Can you remember the release of "We've Had Enough" in 2004? Again some fans thought it was new song from 2004, HOWEVER it was actually recorded in 1999 and post-production took place in 2000. It was even the FIRST collaboration with Rodney Jerkins. Yeah, even before they recorded "You Rock My World".

Did you really expect a 2007 track by MJ with the same INVINCIBLE-era voice, style and pronunciation.

Guys, this is a STUDIO recording with a new production and some new effects on his voice to polish it.
Michael can't sing LIVE like that. He could not even sing "You Rock My World" LIVE the way he did it on the album INVINCIBLE (just take a look at the MSG concerts from September 2001).
But some of you seem to ignore this.

This is a modern production and that's why it's just a teaser to the album. The first single will be a different song, to be premiered soon.

Welcome back to reality. Stop arguing with other fans please and also please stop these ridiculous "Sony is phony. Let's boycott the new album"-projects. How embarrasing is this...

What's wrong with those fans? Can't they accept even Michael liked new ideas and techniques sometimes?

Korgnex, again someone I respect very much. And I know what you're saying. But we can't ignore how these tracks came about. We can't ignore Tarryl's comments about destroyed hard drives and files. Malachi has gone missing. There's something shaddy going on.

All of those facts came AFTER we all already recognized with our own judgement that these tracks were fraud.

Right now it's Sony/The Estate's word VS. us, the family, common sense.

You talk about MJ changing his style. As different as his eras are, NEVER ONCE have we questioned the authenticity of a Michael Jackson track. Not once.

Korgnex, I'm really really trying to believe you, but what do you say about these Tarryl's comments? Smooth says his source said Sony admitted hiring an impersonator for the song.. what is this?

You mean i've been arguing my point all this time when Smooth gave an update stating that last night?

How has this been missed?

Because you were asleep. I was shouting LTD you are right wake up. Now I wake up and I see people discussion this thing as though it was still Monday morning. We are going backward instead of forward. Even though Smooth is not Sony he has a source in there. We now know that Michael is on the song but not a lot of Michael. Here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth_criminal05 View Post
^ It's felt like the twilight zone.

For those who are interested, I spoke with my source on the phone for over 30 minutes tonight regarding this whole mess. This is coming straight from Sony: the vocals are over 50% not MJ's, they did hire an impersonator to run over the majority of MJ's pre-existing vocals and tried to hide it with production.

The remaining Cascio tracks including "Monster" are all in the same boat with some MJ vocals and some imposter vocals. There will be a big meeting tomorrow at Sony where they will discuss the future of this album. More to come...

Quote:

For those who are interested, I spoke with my source on the phone for over 30 minutes tonight regarding this whole mess. This is coming straight from Sony: the vocals are over 50% not MJ's, they did hire an impersonator to run over the majority of MJ's pre-existing vocals and tried to hide it with production.

The remaining Cascio tracks including "Monster" are all in the same boat with some MJ vocals and some imposter vocals. There will be a big meeting tomorrow at Sony where they will discuss the future of this album. More to come...

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Now I hope we can move on with the discussion.

@sony music: if you called in independent experts to analyze the voice on the tracks in question, why don't make the results public? i'm sure there's a lot of interest in what you got checked by whom.

A different version!?!? Seriously listen yourselves digging for every last detail. This is getting daft now.

That is Smooth's post from last night. Keep in mind he has been right about the album so far.

Has he?

I recall a post from Smooth where he said his source had heard the song and it was incredible, never any doubt of Michael then.

I'm more inclined to believe that he goes with the flow, he confirmed the other track "Monster" only after TeddyRiley confirmed it on Twitter. We can go back and forth all day about credibility of members. It really doesn't hold any weight to the issue at hand. Smooth didn't mix these tracks, nor did his source at Sony.

The track is Michael, listen to the acapella.

Michael has ALWAYS had a tremor to his voice, listen to "Rock With You." It's not a sign of vocal inability, it's just the way he sings. If Sony releases a statement saying this song is even partially fake i will be amazed. There's possibly background vocals that belong to someone else, but that's a given on any tracks.

We need to be patient, we need to think logically, and we need to stop attacking Sony, The Estate, The Jackson, and each other.

Enjoy the song in it's current form, or don't. Arguing on a fan forum or sending emails to Sony honestly isn't going to do anything. They paid an absurd amount of money to have rights to release these songs, Sony is a billion dollar company they have smart employees they wouldn't buy a vault full of songs created by someone other than Michael.

Just listen to what Teddy said.

2 versions of "Breaking News" are likely to exist, the one produced by Teddy; and one produced by John McClain. I think this is where the issue stems from, another thing of importance is Teddy said he was called at the end of this project, meaning everyone had already turned in their tracks prior to Teddy's involvement. By that time if there was ANY doubt of those vocals, the entire project would have come to a halt, or these tracks would have been thrown out.

Just remember what Michael said.

"Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons"

If this track is fake it's only a matter of time before it runs out of gas.

Korgnex, again someone I respect very much. And I know what you're saying. But we can't ignore how these tracks came about. We can't ignore Tarryl's comments about destroyed hard drives and files. Malachi has gone missing. There's something shaddy going on.

All of those facts came AFTER we all already recognized with our own judgement that these tracks were fraud.

Right now it's Sony/The Estate's word VS. us, the family, common sense.

You talk about MJ changing his style. As different as his eras are, NEVER ONCE have we questioned the authenticity of a Michael Jackson track. Not once.

Yeah, right on. I agree.

" The remaining Cascio tracks including "Monster" are all in the same boat with some MJ vocals and some imposter vocals. There will be a big meeting tomorrow at Sony where they will discuss the future of this album. More to come... "

I wonder what will happen to these other Cascio records, will they be on the album? Why didn't they just put other, more finished songs in their place if they all need an impersonator to be finished?

Hmm, the acapella convinced me that it is Michael Jackson. But the quality of the vocals is weak. They processed it heavily and added other vocals to make the sound fuller. The latter I can understand and this will happen to more songs. As long as you don't have to convey poor quality lead vocals there's nothing wrong.

The result in this case is music that just doesn't sound like something Michael would have released. And that bugs me. It is definitely something I did not expect from this first posthumous release. Maybe as a B-side or an album of leftovers. There should only be killer tracks on this upcoming album. Not heavily processed demoes. There should be much more and better material than to revert to that.

What I am wondering is how much more MJ vocals there are for Breaking News. Because based on this acapella it's not much. I have heard acapellas in the past that lacked vocals, so I wonder if that is the case here. If not, then almost the entire song (melody, a lot of the lead vocals and background vocals) was recently created. But based on what? Had MJ recorded background vocals and recorded some music too and did they update it with new production?

For years I had hoped Michael would release music without references to how they treated him, the press, allegations and stuff (although I like his 'angry' songs :). That's why I don't understand The Estate. Why choose such a song as a lead to this much anticipated release? People should remember his musical talent, not all the controversy. And certainly not with a track that is controversial by itself.

Peace & love to you!

Hi, you are mixing me up with someone else. You did not respond to me, but to LTD. I saw what you wrote to LTD and then sent this message that you quoted above. Therefore, Petrarose,did not comment about peoples opinions. Don't forget to put the right username when you say "you." Love you, Me.

Re: Do You Think "Breaking News" + other Cascio songs will be left out of MICHAEL due to controversy

I take it some of you will be boycotting sales of all Michael's albums that contain vocals that are not 100% his? i.e - 'Off The Wall', 'Thriller', 'Bad', 'Dangerous' etc? After all, other people sang vocals/backing vocals on these albums. If you're obsessed that everything has to be 100% MJ, then you better burn all your albums.

YOU ARE HELPING DESTROY MICHAEL'S LEGACY - NOTHING GOOD WILL COME OF THIS!

If you get your wish, and this album is a flop, there will never be another album release with new material. Sony will give up on promoting Michael's Legacy, sales o his old album will flop, and he will, eventually, be forgotten for the genius he was. IS THAT REALLY WHAT YOU WANT - JUST TO HURT SONY?

You fools do not realise what you are doing, and I will be so sad to see Michael's Legacy destroyed - but the dogs must have their pound of flesh I suppose.

You try and destroy Sony with your hatred, and you will destroy Michael's Legacy - MARK MY WORDS!

Sorry, do you use your brain?
It's good that this came out before the album was out. Can you imagine what scandal this would be, when it came out that songs are completed with impresator? that way actions can be taken and things fixed.

YOU ARE HELPING DESTROY MICHAEL'S LEGACY

if you let this happen. If you accept fake songs on album. then the madia and everybody will jump on this. So you'll support any shit, just so Sony won't stop releasing albums.
Background vocals by other artist are ok, but not 90% lead vocals.

This whole issue could be resolved if Sony released the original track as it was delivered. But is it even worth it? Wouldn't it be easier to just pull the questionable tracks? "Breaking News" isn't even that good.

I have never known ANY posthumous release by ANY artist where it was considered acceptable to hire phonies to fabricate their voice.

That about pins it down. I've just come across this topic today and still can't make heads or tails of it. WTF is going on?
My personal dream for a posthumous release would have been "The Bad Sessions", the thirty-or-so track album as Michael intended it before Quincy cut it down to 11. But that's off-topic and beside the point, of course.

A different version!?!? Seriously listen yourselves digging for every last detail. This is getting daft now.

Agreed. Our ears are getting warped. I've stopped listening and analyzing. It may very well be their intention to create a new MJ voice to be milked for years to come.

This whole issue could be resolved if Sony released the original track as it was delivered. But is it even worth it? Wouldn't it be easier to just pull the questionable tracks? "Breaking News" isn't even that good.

Huge conflicting evidence there.

Teddy said he received the track in an unreleasable manner that had already been produced.

Tarryl said he was in the studio when it was recieved and it was just the acapella.

Can we collate a list of who has given their opinion?

So far, the following have said it's not Michael:

Taj Jackson
Taryll Jackson
TJ Jackson
Latoya Jackson
Jonathan Moffett
Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins

Who else?

Chucky Kaplow (TII dancer). He hasn't said it isn't MJ but he said "I just listened to "Breaking News" once more and I take back what I said earlier. It's not a total mess. It's worse... Whoever got Michael to do the backing vocals on their new single is my hero!" on his Facebook page.

LOL, same here. I even listened to LNFSG today and enjoyed his sweet, beautiful voice
:)

This is super random and might make me sound real dumb...but what is refered to when saying "HMH" and "LNFSG"? lol

I'd still like to hear the demo to Breaking News.....if there is one.

Chucky Kaplow (TII dancer). He hasn't said it isn't MJ but he said "I just listened to "Breaking News" once more and I take back what I said earlier. It's not a total mess. It's worse... Whoever got Michael to do the backing vocals on their new single is my hero!" on his Facebook page.

that was funny.

I'd like to hear what Michael's chidren think of the song.

Hi, you are mixing me up with someone else. You did not respond to me, but to LTD. I saw what you wrote to LTD and then sent this message that you quoted above. Therefore, Petrarose,did not comment about peoples opinions. Don't forget to put the right username when you say "you." Love you, Me.

This is what happens when I type on my iPhone! Lol!

I hope the right person reads it then. :)

Cory Rooney (former sony executive) is to be added too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back