Brooke Shields talks about her relationship with Michael

I don't get what she means by him saying it was safer to say she was his girlfriend. I think she had her kids in the 2000s because i remember her and tom cruise had their kids the same day or something like that. It seems they talked over the phone etc then seeing each other in person over the years.

brooke's 1st kid was born a year after Blanket in 2003, the second child was born around the time suri cruise was in 2006

I am so confused, there are so many conflicting stories out there. Whatever... She is a beautiful and classy woman, i think Michael was fond of her. I am sure they had good time together. It's good she never 'cheap talk' Michael when he was alive. I knew it would kill him one more time if he saw the woman he loved disgusted and badmouthed him on national tv when it's the in thing to do. Thank god she never did that, So Michael had all good memories about her. That's what mattered, even though she seemed a bit fake to me sometimes.

She said the LAST time she was spoke to Michael was when her children were born and Michael called her and send her flowers. How's sweet. She said he did that because it's what she and Michael always talked about, her always wanting to have children.
Michael was so sweet as always. Ironically, people was brutal to him.

Last edited:
I like Brooke but I kind of having a feeling that she always downplay the relationship between her and MJ. The stories she gave are always conflicts to herself and also to MJ's. I think she claimed before that she haven't spoke to MJ for years (I believe since early 90s?). I remembered there are people discussing these before and said Brooke lied about this because she was with him at 93 Grammy. Now, she said the last time she spoke to MJ is after she gave birth to her kids???? Same with the proposed story, one time she claimed MJ proposed to her twice and now she said no???? Maybe the rolling stone get it wrong?

MJ's version: MJ said Brooke is one love of his life. His excitement when he talked about her showed he really adored her. I also think he mentioned Brooke wanted to get intimate with him one time but he said he was too shy to go further. He regretted for that later on. After reading the Shumuley fan version book and part of the tapes on TV, I really think MJ was in love with her for a period of time and he really loved the memory (He is really happy and excited when talked about it).

I believed Karen Faye (I know she might not be the credible source) also talked about how MJ felt for Brookes. She also mentioned MJ showed the ring to her (can't remember whether she said it's for propose maybe someone remembered).

And who knows what goes on in the heart of another? And who knows the other's feelings? (In this case > Michael) Love and all these things of the heart, ONLY Michael could talk about it, what was going on in your heart, ONLY Michael knew about his real feelings, nobody else.

I didn't claim to know. I said it's my opinion.

And when Michael talks about his loves on the Glenda tapes he NEVER mentions Brooke with one word. He mentions Diana, other women, even Tatum O'Neal, but never Brooke. Also at the time of their relationship Michael was in love with Diana Ross (just look at his reaction at the 1986 Grammys after Diana got married, also he said in an interview in 1984 he wanted to marry Diana). I don't think he was in love with two women at the same time. IMO Brooke was just a friend.

Last edited:
Latoya in her first book said, that Brooke wanted to sit next to Michael when they were all watching a movie at Encino. Later, Michael told them that Brooke tried to kiss him. Then again, we are talking about Latoya, so who knows if she made that up along with her countless other lies. Only Brooke knows the truth now.

gif-animado-gato-lixando-a-unha1.gif

Dear me these Brooke stories are changing all the time. The only good thing is that she is not trashing him, so I will leave it alone.

Latoya in her first book said, that Brooke wanted to sit next to Michael when they were all watching a movie at Encino. Later, Michael told them that Brooke tried to kiss him. Then again, we are talking about Latoya, so who knows if she made that up along with her countless other lies. Only Brooke knows the truth now.

A woman tried to kiss Michael? I'm shocked. /s

Whenever I saw or heard Michael talk about Brooke it seemed he loved her more than as a friend. I agree with her she downplays it. Maybe I am misunderstanding it but that is how it comes across to me. I don't think she has trashed him publically so that I am grateful for.

Awww. I never knew Brooke dealt with all this.
I read her book. She had a very rough patch from 2001-2004 which is why I always think it's harsh when fans say she wasn't there for MJ. She had surgery to remove precancerous cells in her uterus which then made it hard to get pregnant the natural way, coupled with her age. She went through 2 years of IVF and miscarriages. Got pregnant but her dad died 3 weeks before her baby was born, and it was a difficult delivery. She then had post-partum depression to the point of suicidal thoughts. (And the joy of Dr. Tom Cruise chastising her when she went public trying to help other mothers.)

say it anyway this is what a forum is for : posting thought & opinons

Well, I am thinking maybe she feels embarassed to say they had any romantic relationship. I am not saying that is so but it kind of reminds me of someone else who acted the same way. So she sticks to the friendship line. I have no idea it's a just thought that crossed my mind.

It crosses my mind because of how badly Michael was treated and made fun of with everything. People didn't treat him like a person or a man who could have a relationship. I could never understand that thinking that Michael could not be in love, have kids. He was a man of course he could.

Well, I am thinking maybe she feels embarassed to say they had any romantic relationship.

So she sticks to the friendship line.

So she should keep her mouth shut. It would be better to be silent than to be out there saying things now that Michael is not here to say any thing about it.

To me, Brooke was not crazy in love with Michael -_- .... Michael, sure... but she :fear: ... for her (and her career) was very beneficial to be "friend" with Michael. :fear:

Marebear you are probably right. I have said before that some stars try to be on the side of the host on these shows. They know the hosts' views on Michael and the public views as well. Maybe they are thinking that it would not be cool to say they were in love with Michael. Remember when Sawyer said Miicchheeaal JJaacckkssoon when she asked Lisa about her relationship with Michael? It is almost as though they are saying "are you crazy!!!"

Well, I am thinking maybe she feels embarassed to say they had any romantic relationship. I am not saying that is so but it kind of reminds me of someone else who acted the same way. So she sticks to the friendship line. I have no idea it's a just thought that crossed my mind.

It crosses my mind because of how badly Michael was treated and made fun of with everything. People didn't treat him like a person or a man who could have a relationship. I could never understand that thinking that Michael could not be in love, have kids. He was a man of course he could.

Yes, this also crosses my mind. Most of the host or the media think people having relationship with MJ is insane and crazy. Look the LMP interview with Diana Sawyer. So maybe it's safer she kept saying they were just friends. On the other hand, maybe it also because she made a move to MJ but MJ didn't go further so she think they were just friends (This crossed my mind when I read the Smuley book when MJ claimed Brooks wanted to get intimate with him and he chickened out). However, I think at least the time she shared with MJ is obvious sometime MJ cherished for a long time and it's obvious MJ was happy with her company. It's also nice that she never bad mouth him unlike LMP....

Marebear you are probably right. I have said before that some stars try to be on the side of the host on these shows. They know the hosts' views on Michael and the public views as well. Maybe they are thinking that it would not be cool to say they were in love with Michael. Remember when Sawyer said Miicchheeaal JJaacckkssoon when she asked Lisa about her relationship with Michael? It is almost as though they are saying "are you crazy!!!"

I do remember and I couldn't help but think it could be the same situation with Brooke.

Yes, this also crosses my mind. Most of the host or the media think people having relationship with MJ is insane and crazy. Look the LMP interview with Diana Sawyer. So maybe it's safer she kept saying they were just friends. On the other hand, maybe it also because she made a move to MJ but MJ didn't go further so she think they were just friends (This crossed my mind when I read the Smuley book when MJ claimed Brooks wanted to get intimate with him and he chickened out). However, I think at least the time she shared with MJ is obvious sometime MJ cherished for a long time and it's obvious MJ was happy with her company. It's also nice that she never bad mouth him unlike LMP....

I remember that and it's a reason it crossed my mind. I think they were romantically involved. Maybe it didn't go to a certain level and their friendship remained.

I'm disagree MJ wasn't in love with her. Let's remember his words during Shmuley conversations. He said she was one of the loves in his life. He was in love with her and was so happy when she invited him to that party. He couldn't sleep all the night.
And I think she was in love with him too. Based on his words i see maybe she forced their relationships or wanted more from him than just hanging around together. But he didn't want to force it or maybe he had other reasons or plans. Anyway her words sounds not like a truth. Maybe after the years she'd like to say that she didn't want anything from Michael at all. But she's definitely lying. IMO

Yep i totally agree with everything u said and you are right as most of the woman that was involved with michael are too ashamed to admit their relationship with michael i guess coz the media.

I don't know iof it was posted before, it looks like its a show from the 70s and Brooke was doing a number where she sings about hot guys.

In the end they have Brooke Shields thinking about famous men while showing them. At 0:23 there's Michael:

why6j6.jpg

Yep i totally agree with everything u said and you are right as most of the woman that was involved with michael are too ashamed to admit their relationship with michael i guess coz the media.

That is so very sad if people were ashamed to admit any romantic relationship with Michael. People forget that he was just like everyone else who wanted love. It's human nature to want to love and be loved. Its a fundamental human need regardless of what anyone says. Michael was no different. I wish people would just stand in their integrity for once. The other thought is one's perception on what the relationship was.

I just remember Brooke at the memorial, she was obviously very fond of him. Whether she was in love or not is debateable but her feelings for him shone through.

Back