Chicago ( She Was Lovin’ Me ) by Taryll Jackson

'CHICAGO (She Was Loving Me)' is simply one of the GREATEST MJ Tracks.
And i love the fact that we now have three "legit" versions of it. I couldn't rank them if i wanted to.

The OG version to me is the most "michaelish".
The Timbaland version is the most professional & polished (i love hearing both of MJ's voices so clear in the chorus).
TJ's mix is probably the most unpolished & most unprofessional of them all, BUT i definitely can see where he wanted to go with this rock theme to it. It has great potential IMO & if Taryll would have reworked it together with Timbo or Stargate & kept the rock theme - who know's how this would have ended up.

WOW! This really blows my mind.
Chicago is definately my favorate song on the Xscape album
I miss the "quack quack" sounds in this rock version but i LOVE IT!

my ranking for Chicago:

1. Timbaland Mix
2. Taryll Mix
3. Demo

The video has been removed by Sony.

It would be grand to have Xscape 2.0 with these alternative tracks. Estate/Sony would not have to put six new tracks on Xscape 2.0 if the alternatives were there.

Of course, the alternative tracks may not appeal to the general public however; new tracks without original mixes do not appeal to me.

This mix is horrible, really. Keep 3T away from these tracks...

This Taryll version is awesome. The best track from MJ since his death. No doubt.

I'm very surpised that some of you didn't like it. You can feel "Give in to me" in it with a little of Led Zeppelin.

MJ would have loved it.

The Timbaland version is an insult to MJ with these stupid ducks...

Last edited:
I liked the video too. Why did Sony take it down? I don't understand why they do that with some, when there are other millions of fan videos or even fans reposting an official video.

I liked the video too. Why did Sony take it down? I don't understand why they do that with some, when there are other millions of fan videos or even fans reposting an official video.

Because it is obviously stolen from the studio and illegally leaked track. Unreleased official version of the track.

I prefer Timbaland's version.

This one is ok, but the quality of the track is bad. It would be cool to have it officially released in perfect quality. I expected more after reading that D.amien's article.

I prefer Timbaland's version.

This one is ok, but the quality of the track is bad. It would be cool to have it officially released in perfect quality. I expected more after reading that D.amien's article.

Is this the same version Damein Sheilds wrote about or is this another one?

Is this the same version Damein Sheilds wrote about or is this another one?

Yes. It is the version that Cory Rooney & Taryll Jackson produced for MICHAEL album, but refused to give the song to Sony to release it because of the fake Cascio songs. The name of the thread should be changed because it's not "by Taryll Jackson". He just co-produced it with Rooney.

Ah ok, thanks. Is it known why they/he did sample "Come with me" drums and guitar?

^ I noticed the "Come With Me" similarity and wondered if it was a direct sample or just a rip off. Lol

^ I noticed the "Come With Me" similarity and wondered if it was a direct sample or just a rip off. Lol

"come with me" was contained already a sample of a "led zeppelin" track. So is this remix done by Taryll...

By the way i like the bridge at the end done with the guitar... Awesome !

Sounds like a cheap ass production. What a waste for such a great track.

Glad that Timbaland took over.

MJ + Led Zeppelin + real Guitar = cheap ?

Timbaland + ducks sounds = good

Go figure...

^^
It is not complete; it is a demo. It would have been great when completed. I can hear where they wanted to go. I wish they had a chance to complete it. It could not be any worse than the completed Breaking News.

^^
It is not complete; it is a demo. It would have been great when completed. I can hear where they wanted to go. I wish they had a chance to complete it. It could not be any worse than the completed Breaking News.

It is a complete version done by then I guess. Release candidate from 2010.

Anyway, let's not make comparision with those songs. Literally everything sounds better.

Dorian, it does not sound completed to me. As far as I am aware, only Michael made demos that resembled completed songs.

This sounds like a mix that was used to show they were going with a Rock mix. Similar to that alternate version of I Like The Way You Love Me that did not appear on Michael. Both of those alternate mixes in their unfinished state are better than three completed songs we received.

There is a HQ version out there that sounds much better. I have to disagree with some opinions. I believe the timbaland version is good. The rock direction would have been better. With some tweeking this version could be fantastic. I agree it needs a more professional direction. The guitars beat the ducks any day for me. I like real sounds with instruments. I'm not much into the computer generated music.

Sounds good. Better than album version but still the weakest song on Xscape. Still should have been on Invincible though as is better than a lot on there.

Sounds good. Better than album version but still the weakest song on Xscape. Still should have been on Invincible though as is better than a lot on there.

should have been put on History as is better than a lot on there too...

Stupid Ducks from Timbaland... I will never forgive him... Pfff...

Back