Chicago ( She Was Lovin’ Me ) by Taryll Jackson

should have been put on History as is better than a lot on there too...

Stupid Ducks from Timbaland... I will never forgive him... Pfff...

Oh - you & your HIStory issues ;)

There is a HQ version out there that sounds much better. I have to disagree with some opinions. I believe the timbaland version is good. The rock direction would have been better. With some tweeking this version could be fantastic. I agree it needs a more professional direction. The guitars beat the ducks any day for me. I like real sounds with instruments. I'm not much into the computer generated music.

Do you have HQ version? Please share!

There is a HQ version out there that sounds much better.

Are you talking about this one? https://soundcloud.com/elvaluvsmj/michael-jackson-she-was-lovin-me-hq

I like real sounds with instruments. I'm not much into the computer generated music.

Sounds with real instruments are obviously at a level higher than computer generated ones. I had read in the book Earth Song by Joe Vogel how MJ was keen on using electronic drums for that song. But the people he worked with convinced him to give real drums a listen and "he was over the moon" after that.

I don't know. Does anyone have a download link for HQ (320 kbps) version? Please PM. Thanks.

That's the best one I have found. It wouldn't let me download tho. Sounds pretty good

Dorian, it does not sound completed to me. As far as I am aware, only Michael made demos that resembled completed songs.

This sounds like a mix that was used to show they were going with a Rock mix. Similar to that alternate version of I Like The Way You Love Me that did not appear on Michael. Both of those alternate mixes in their unfinished state are better than three completed songs we received.

This was made post-2009. In 2010, actually.

This was made post-2009. In 2010, actually.

I know. I did not suggest Michael created those mixes. I suggested those mixes would not sound complete the way Michael's demos sounded complete at times.

That's the best one I have found. It wouldn't let me download tho. Sounds pretty good

Okay, I just wanted to make sure if that is the version you were talking about. That is my soundcloud account and I just edited the leaked version in Audacity.. I didn't think it sounded very good but atleast its a bit cleaner than the leaked one. I can send the DL link to anyone who wants it.

edit :- I sent the link to Onirmj and smooth72, in case you want to DL.

Last edited:
Okay, I just wanted to make sure if that is the version you were talking about. That is my soundcloud account and I just edited the leaked version in Audacity.. I didn't think it sounded very good but atleast its a bit cleaner than the leaked one. I can send the DL link to anyone who wants it.

edit :- I sent the link to Onirmj and smooth72, in case you want to DL.

Thank you!!!

The verses are outstanding, but the chorus is terrible.

Timbaland's version is still the best.

Interesting approach to turn it into a rock song. But in detail this is far from great or even finished.
Timbaland all the way.

oh and, THERE ARE NO DUCKS in Timbaland's version. It's a filtered "hey" or "eeh" by Timbaland.
Some people... :mello:

oh and, THERE ARE NO DUCKS in Timbaland's version. It's a filtered "hey" or "eeh" by Timbaland.
Some people... :mello:

the result is that we hear Ducks...

Everybody hear Ducks...

Taryll's version is better. All the way...

the result is that we hear Ducks...

Everybody hear Ducks...

Taryll's version is better. All the way...

I would say his idea is fine but the result is not that good.

I felt like Michael’s voice in the baseline is little bit blurred in this version…(?)
Whatever, I love this version though.

The only thing bothersome about Taryll's mix is how the guitar pretty much drowns out the "She was Lovin' Me, She was wantin' me.." parts of the chorus. But that also is present on the demo version Michael left behind. Whatever the filtered Timberland voice says, the end result, is the quacks of a duck. Simple.

Great effort by Taryll, probably the second best behind the original Rooney recording.

Timbaland ain't my scene.

Wow love this version!! The guitars give it such a lucid rock and roll feel. plenty of aggression! My kind of song!

Love it! Taryll rocks it! I wish this mix would have made it on the Xscape album.

How many of you just love the guitar piece in the end? :punk: I have to say this is increasingly becoming the most played song on my playlist.. playing it more than Timbaland's version!

Back