CONFIRMED FALSE_ Judge will be accepting fan letters for sentencing !!

Re: Judge will be accepting fan letters for sentencing !!

I don't think he requested letters be sent if that's the part that a lot of people are wondering about. However, it is common (in the US anyway) for people to write letters to a judge before a person is sentenced. It's not illegal or unprofessional. A few months ago our humane society asked us all to write letters to a judge before the sentencing of a guy who had lit a cat on fire. He would gladly read the letters, maybe not get to all of them before the sentencing but I'm sure he'd read as many as he could. It's your right to mail a letter, just be respectful in it.

This is correct, whether or not Pastor "requested" letters. Any U.S. citizen has the "free-speech-RIGHT" to express an opinion, as long as it's non-threatening, and respectful. I'm not exactly understanding why anyone would "wait for some sort of official announcement?" You ALREADY have that right! Yes, there might be a lot of letters. (I'm sure there were a lot of letters about the "cat on fire" crime, as well.) I'm equally as sure that the courthouse has, or could find, cardboard boxes and a storage space. I'm also sure that Pastor would read at least some of them, as a representative sample.

This is a component of democracy in action, at its finest (use it or lose it, in general). I, for one, am writing a letter. It will be in the mail on Monday.

LOL this is NOT true. If it was i would laugh my arse off. This is a homicide case and wtf do fans know about sentencing??

Right...thanks for the input.

Having knowledge about sentening isnt the issue or the point of victim impact statements

I would focus on his crime. He should be sentenced to 4 years, because he was reckless, he didn't act as a doctor, breaking his oath for cash. Someone with his actions caused the loss of a human life.

I wouldn't go on and on about how wonderful Michael was, the best entertainer, blah, blah, because it wouldn't matter if the victim was not MJ. I mean, I wouldn't make it look like Murray should get the max sentence because he killed MJ. He should get the max sentence because he killed a man.

This is correct, whether or not Pastor "requested" letters. Any U.S. citizen has the "free-speech-RIGHT" to express an opinion, as long as it's non-threatening, and respectful. I'm not exactly understanding why anyone would "wait for some sort of official announcement?" You ALREADY have that right! Yes, there might be a lot of letters. (I'm sure there were a lot of letters about the "cat on fire" crime, as well.) I'm equally as sure that the courthouse has, or could find, cardboard boxes and a storage space. I'm also sure that Pastor would read at least some of them, as a representative sample.

This is a component of democracy in action, at its finest (use it or lose it, in general). I, for one, am writing a letter. It will be in the mail on Monday.

Just a general question: does it mean only US citizens can write a letter to judge or only their letters could be acceptable?

Just a general question: does it mean only US citizens can write a letter to judge or only their letters could be acceptable?

oh from what I got from the facebook page,,,anyone from any country can write a letter. I guess we will find out tomorrow if this IS legit....I sure hope so. My letter WILL be there.

NOTICE - Called 213 9745227 to inquiry about Judge Pastor's request for Victim Impact Statements was told " NO such announcement was made."

Was asked - "The family members are the ones who are impacted, why would fans be asked to write?"

I said, "This is why I am calling to confirm whether or not it was requested by Judge Pastor."

She reiterated, "No, nothing like that has been announced in the case of Conrad Murray"

MAbbas aka Buds
MJJJusticeProject Inc.

I can't imagine there would be any limitations on the country where a letter originates. Anyone can write a letter, to anyone, and does not need "permission" to do so.

Thank You Ivy for posting the confimation that the Judge did not solicit or request any such letters

NOTICE - Called 213 9745227 to inquiry about Judge Pastor's request for Victim Impact Statements was told " NO such announcement was made."

Was asked - "The family members are the ones who are impacted, why would fans be asked to write?"

I said, "This is why I am calling to confirm whether or not it was requested by Judge Pastor."

She reiterated, "No, nothing like that has been announced in the case of Conrad Murray"

MAbbas aka Buds
MJJJusticeProject Inc.

Still won't do any harm for the judge to be made aware that many people will be watching this sentencing!! Okay, he will not read them but I am sure he'll be made aware of them.

Thanks for confirmation. If people want to write letters, they of course can write letters. I personally was very disturbed by the irresponsible way fans have been purposefully riled up on facebook by giving the impression that this was 'official action' by the judge. It is one thing to suggest letter writing- it is entirely another to rile up people by stating that this is 'official word'- which is exactly what I have seen happening on facebook.

Still won't do any harm for the judge to be made aware that many people will be watching this sentencing!! Okay, he will not read them but I am sure he'll be made aware of them.

Absolitely agree. I don't see in this update that judge forbade to write a letters. It's just about official statement. But i dont think we should call this topic 'false' because initially nobody stated it was official info

I cant imagine him not wanting to know wot people have written to him though so he might read some......

I agree with Pace.
And I wished people would be more careful about what they read online. The fact that something is all over twitter and facebook doesnt make it true, far from it.

... But i dont think we should call this topic 'false' because initially nobody stated it was official info

Incorrect. I have seen through the Justice4MJ group on Facebook that this was official word from the office of Judge Michael Pastor. That is exactly what the problem was. And then everybody started to repeated without even making sure that they are just quoting someon else's status.

People can write letters all they want, nobody is forbidding them to write a letter. But it's completely justified to take issue with people posting fake "office said so" information" in an attempt to hype people.

And that has been precisely what had been happening on facebook.

Mobmentality1.jpg

This first showed up on Thursday, mistakenly speaking about it being "Friday". So people started running with it making it an "I found out from his office" type deal.
And THAT is very irresponsible. Writing letters- everyone can do that. That's fine.
Pretending like this and encouraging under false pretenses is wrong. I've spoken to enough people who'd been to the court house and to be hyping this entire situation is extremely irresponsible, it is volatile enough. (can hear someone laughing that letters are not volatile...of course they are not, everyone can send a letter to whomever they wish- the problem is in the detail)
I even read on facebook from people who openly bragged to have heckled the defense and harassed them by phone.

*waits for another letter from 'Majestic' how it's SUUUUUUUUPER important people show up at the sentencing date because that somehow changes something*

Last edited:
Incorrect. I have seen through the Justice4MJ group on Facebook that this was official word from the office of Judge Michael Pastor. That is exactly what the problem was. And then everybody started to repeated without even making sure that they are just quoting someon else's status.

People can write letters all they want, nobody is forbidding them to write a letter. But it's completely justified to take issue with people posting fake "office said so" information" in an attempt to hype people.

And that has been precisely what had been happening on facebook.

Mobmentality1.jpg

This first showed up on Thursday, mistakenly speaking about it being "Friday". So people started running with it making it an "I found out from his office" type deal.
And THAT is very irresponsible. Writing letters- everyone can do that. That's fine.
Pretending like this and encouraging under false pretenses is wrong. I've spoken to enough people who'd been to the court house and to be hyping this entire situation is extremely irresponsible, it is volatile enough. (can hear someone laughing that letters are not volatile...of course they are not, everyone can send a letter to whomever they wish- the problem is in the detail)
I even read on facebook from people who openly bragged to have heckled the defense and harassed them by phone.

*waits for another letter from 'Majestic' how it's SUUUUUUUUPER important people show up at the sentencing date because that somehow changes something*

We'are talking about this topic not about FB groop. You know, so many people asked for the source where it came from and asked is it official statement or not. And nobody answered them. The first link came from another FB groop. I saw it here https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=235470443184227
No one word about official statement. Anyway, i think who wants to write a letter to the judge could do it.

EDIT: I dont see in this screenshot any alleged official statements. Just 'I found out that judge...' - that's we all read. Didnt somebody else make the same 'I find out' on twitter today? ITS ALL UNOFICIAL- that's what i want to say. I dont see who was playing 'an official statement from the judge' card here as you said

Last edited:

MAbbas aka Buds
MJJJusticeProject Inc.

Thank you Ivy for taking the time to post this...glad it is cleared up

Yeah I think I will save my stamp. The judge has been and will continue to be fair. Murray's actions alone plus any victim impact statements from Michael's own family will be more than enough to hopefully secure the maximum sentence.

Some legal info:

What is a victim impact statement?

A victim impact statement is a written statement that you can prepare for the court if you have been affected by a crime. Your statement tells the court in your own words about the harm done to you by the crime. It is your chance to have a voice in the criminal justice system. The court will consider your victim impact statement, along with other information, when it sentences the offender.

Who can make a victim impact statement?

Anyone affected by a crime may prepare a victim impact statement if the person charged with the crime is convicted. Generally, this includes:

A victim of the crime - A person who was directly harmed by the crime, or suffered physical or emotional loss because of the crime.
The parent or guardian of a child victim
The spouse or any relative of the victim - Particularly when the victim is deceased or incapacitated, others indirectly impacted by the crime, such as a spouse or relative, may wish to prepare a victim impact statement.
A representative of the victim - If the victim is unable to make a statement, someone who is responsible for the care or support of the victim may make a victim impact statement.

More information here:
http://www.legal-info-legale.nb.ca/en/victim_impact_statements

She has absolutely no idea...

Fans won't be asked because we're not family and legally only family or close friends can make a sentence impact letter or something...

Back