December 12 - 14 (Update on post #66)

Re: December 12 - 14 Weekends news and mentionings

YRMW didn't look recycled at all. Well, aside from the Smooth Criminal/Dangerous thing (the knife/flip). The routine looked like it was put together in a few minutes. No where near the quality of his previous ones. Maybe it did have to do with the Sony issues, maybe not. I still think MJ believed he was putting out something top quality, which he really did put his effort in it. But the dancing still sucked honestly.

Though, I still love the move he did upstairs and going down, which he also did at MSG. That was something he's never done before and I really like it.
Yeah that move when walking towards the stairs seemed to be move fred astaire had done before that I had seen on youtube.

Well nobody said you aren't allowed to not like it. I don't agree that it sucks. I totally enjoy that video and regardless of the complexity of the steps or the freshness of the steps, it's Michael's excellency of execution that makes watching him dance such a pleasure, not the steps themselves.

Jesse McCartney speaks a little about Michael Jackson.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1601238/20081212/mccartney__jesse.jhtml

Jesse McCartney Follows Justin Timberlake's Example As His Music Matures
Jesse McCartney broke onto the scene in the boy band Dream Street. He then paved his way as a solo artist with songs like "She's No You" and "Beautiful Soul," and as an actor on "All My Children" and his WB show "Summerland."
Now, at 21, McCartney is out to show everyone that he's versatile, and his career shift is going just as he planned. It's reminiscent of the transition Justin Timberlake made after leaving Justin Timberlake.

"The comparison alone is pretty cool," he told MTV News. "Like Justin, as I'm getting older, I'm learning more and more about music and learning where I fit as far as style. ... Growing up, I listened to R&B music. I listened to a lot of Michael [Jackson] and Aretha [Franklin] and [Ray] Charles. As you get older, it does come across in your music."
And with this shift in musical style on his album Departure, released earlier this year, came some criticism from fans, who weren't used to McCartney putting out more mature music. "My fans were very surprised. There was a lot of shock value, especially with ... how different it is vocally," he said. "The last thing they saw before that was 'Beautiful Soul,' and my hair was down to my a--. ... I think it took awhile for them to jump onboard.
"There were definitely some mixed reviews, to put it nicely," he added. "I think the one thing that came across was the honesty. As soon as you're dishonest, [the fans are] the first people to tell you. It was an organic transition for me, given that this is what I was comfortable singing."
He said he has seen his audience grow from predominantly female to including some guys. "I see a lot of my audience is mainly girls, but I see a lot of their boyfriends now coming. That never would have happened four years ago. They're curious."
But McCartney isn't just busy making music for himself. He co-wrote Leona Lewis' smash debut single, "Bleeding Love," and he's currently in the studio with Toni Braxton and hopes to work with T-Pain, whose song "Buy You a Drank" he recently covered.
"We always had this sort of idea of what it would sound like slow," he said. "It just sort of worked. It felt cool. I ran into T-Pain at the AMAs. I don't think he expected me to cover a T-Pain song."
He also said he'd love to get in the studio with artists like Rihanna, Chris Brown and Michael Jackson in the near future. "Whenever I have time, I try to get in the studio and write, whether it's for me or other artists or my catalog of music. It's definitely one of my favorite parts of the music industry. I know a lot of people who are writing and producing Michael Jackson's new album. That would be a dream come true. ... There's talk of maybe working with Ludacris. We'll see."
On top of lining up some work in the music industry, McCartney also hopes to line up more acting jobs as well. He recently made a cameo on "Law & Order: SVU" and will also appear on "Greek." "I would love to work with [Martin] Scorsese. He's one of my favorite directors of all time. He's definitely got his thing that I'd love to be a part of."
He even has an idea of how he'd like to be cast. "Maybe some Irish Catholic drug addict," he suggested. "Scorsese is known for his weird, offbeat, dramatic films."
Regardless of what his next project is, McCartney has one goal: to keep people guessing. "I want to keep everyone curious," he said. "I'm always going to throw curveballs out there."

Yeah right Jesse, after saying if Michael got near him he'd cut his dick off. What a loser that kid is. Chris Brown's more your level Jesse, lol.

Last edited:

Why are all these clowns trying to retract what they said? If you really feel what you said initially about the person, then say it, but don't come sideways and say you wanna... hell naw!

Now ladies and gentlemen, I present you Michael Jackson as the BLACK ZORRO:

article-0-02C9EAF8000005DC-910_468x850.jpg

article-1094321-02C9EA04000005DC-96.jpg

article-1094321-02C9EB14000005DC-88.jpg

article-1094321-02C9EC92000005DC-34.jpg

article-1094321-02C9F0E8000005DC-10.jpg

article-1094321-02C9F163000005DC-66.jpg

----

Michael, Michael, Michael... LMAO! :lol:

LOL Troubleman I was just about to post the same pics..

I like it better when he has the umbrella, same the scarves for the kids..

Hmm... looks good... but hell, anything that has Mj wearing it looks good to me, I think. :unsure: :lol:

*wonder's what it'd look like in purple*

RANDOMNESS: Hey, it matches the Toni gif!

^^ Oh really, even that Star Trek convention shirt he got on with the two scarves around his hat and head? :lol:

Do I have permission to add a katana in there somewhere :shifty:

Pretty tunic though...Nice color, glad to see him in something other than black (excluding the hat and zorro mask)

Now ladies and gentlemen, I present you Michael Jackson as the BLACK ZORRO:

Michael, Michael, Michael... LMAO! :lol:

What da...

well...I was just thinking yesterday that I miss the Fedora LOL!

03:39 PM PT, Dec 12 2008
'Motown: The Complete No. 1s' tops CD gift guide

Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, the Supremes and Michael Jackson are among the array of hit-makers on a spectacular new 10-CD salute to Motown Records, but the real star of the Motown story is the man whose photo is featured on the cover of the package's booklet: Berry Gordy.

In his liner notes to the boxed set that tops this holiday gift guide edition of Backtracking, Smokey Robinson points out that Gordy's goal in starting Motown in 1959 wasn't just to build the most successful African American record company in the country. He wanted to revolutionize the music industry by making black music into an equal partner in the world of mainstream pop.

"Back then the music business was divided," Robinson explains. "If you were black, your record was called rhythm & blues. If you were white and you made the same record with that same arrangement, it was called pop. But from the day Motown started, Berry Gordy said to us, 'We are not going to make "black music." We are going to make music for everybody.' "

Sure enough, the Miracles' "Shop Around" soared to No. 2 on the pop charts in 1961, followed by the label's first No. 1 pop single: the Marvelettes' "Please Mr. Postman." By the end of the decade, more than 50 Motown singles reached No. 1 on the pop or R&B charts. The new "Motown: The Complete No. 1s" contains all those hits and nearly 150 more, including such landmark recordings as Gaye's "What's Going On" and Wonder's "Higher Ground."

Though Motown's impact on pop has waned significantly in recent years, Gordy's influence is still evident in the work of Alicia Keys, Kanye West, Usher and dozens of other bestselling contemporary artists who, too, aim at "making music for everyone." This new set is an extraordinary slice of American pop history and is packaged in a handsome replica of Motown's historic "Hitsville USA" headquarters. It is being sold for around $120.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2008/12/backtracking-th.html

Are these pictures taken recently really. I've never seen them before. Looks at least 5-10 years old when he had that beard.

I'm gonna be goofy and say that's a mixtape in his hand, lol!

LOL, but for real, that's a burned DVD of "The Jacksons Are Coming", guess he got the copy from Tito or somebody, lol.

I'm gonna be goofy and say that's a mixtape in his hand, lol!
lol, which he won't listen to especially if they are trying to solicit beats. MJ already stated that when he is handed tapes/CDs he doesn't listen to them (for legal reasons).. But I am wondering what's on the cd..lol

Ohh Michael, you're so funny. That outfit LOL

A dvd? Oh... well, it doesn't matter, just wanted to pick fun.

Hell I wish that was a damn bootleg copy of his demos for his new album...

First meeting that Bollywood guy, now this. He saw something in the trailer and said. "ohh that beautiful, can I have that".

lol well one thing will never change, that wacky dress sense! You a trip mike honestly haha zorro? After the band aid thing I was like I've seen it all now but I've quit sayin that.

Hahahaha the outfit is so cute.
You can never imagine what Michael will wear:D
Thanks for the news and pics:)

Back