December 12 - 14 (Update on post #66)

Re: December 12 - 14 Weekends news and mentionings

Thanx for the pics troubleman. He looks goood. I bet I'm not the only who's diggin the outfit:wub: on him.

Thanks for posting rockstar.

I really like the way this whole thing is being handled. They took their time (5 months) and the entire thing just seems so classy and well done.

I mean, the auction highlights will first be seen in major cities around the world, that's HUGE, in my opinion.

As Rasta Pasta would say: "LOVE IT!"

you know I do LOVE IT! and I appreciate people on the forum who didn't just jump to the "he is broke" conclusion when the story first came out.

Its nice to wait for the full story... and it seems as this unfolds that this auction is going to be a nice project for Michael and that charity he chose to give 1/2 the funds too..

as to note, anyone in dire need of cash DON"T donate anything to a charity....it just doesn't make sense...

and here is an article about Obama

Who Should Sing at Obama's Inauguration? Part II

Fri., Dec. 12, 2008 3:02 PM PST by Marc Malkin
425.jones.springsteen.west.hudson.knowles.jackson.lc.121208.jpg
Jason Kempin/Getty Images; John Sciulli/Getty Images; Jeffrey Mayer/Getty Images; Nancy Kaszerman/ZUMA Press; Rosemary Goldhar/Getty Images; Axel/ZUMA Press
Just a couple of weeks ago, we surveyed some of your fave celebs to give you their ideas on who they think should be performing during Barack Obama's inaugural festivities next month.
Well, the suggestions keep rolling in for everyone from Beyoncé and Norah Jones to...Michael Jackson?! Is it time for Obama to polish up on his moonwalking?

Akon has probably the most surprising bizarre suggestion. "I'd like to see Michael Jackson most," Akon said. "This Inauguration will be making history, and we need the biggest artist in history to go up and do something."
The King of Pop sure would make headlines

Comments

Marc Fri, Dec 12, 2008, 3:36 PM
    Michael Jackson would be a great choice. He did a good job for Clinton in 92. He has tons meaningful songs that go right along with Obama's positive message. He wrote "We Are The World" and so many other songs that could be performed at the event. It's time anyway, that people realize he was acquitted on all counts in his 2005 trial and while so many want to believe he's done something wrong--he's just a victim of money-grubbers with false allegations and greedy tabloid media. Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder, all the way!
var objAd = new clsAd('divAd_160x600_3', 'http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/blog.us.eonline/mm;tile=3;pos=;sz=160x600;!category=default;name=;title=;ord=[ORD]?', '160', '600'); // inserting ads into array by tile number controls the order loaded (for roadblocks) var startVar = document.getElementById("start"); if(startVar==0 || startVar==null){ var addTile = 3 - 1; ary[addTile] = objAd; }else{ ary.push(objAd); }

AC_FL_RunContent = 0; function onFSCommand() {}; if (AC_FL_RunContent == 0) { alert("This page requires AC_RunActiveContent.js."); }else { AC_FL_RunContent( 'codebase', 'http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0', 'width', '300', 'height', '618', 'src', '/static/uberblog/videos/uberblog_player_callback', 'quality', 'high', 'pluginspage', 'http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer', 'align', 'middle', 'play', 'true', 'loop', 'true', 'scale', 'showall', 'wmode', 'transparent', 'devicefont', 'false', 'id', 'uberblog_player', 'bgcolor', '#666666', 'name', 'uberblog_player', 'menu', 'true', 'allowFullScreen', 'true', 'allowScriptAccess','sameDomain', 'salign', '', 'movie', '/static/uberblog/videos/uberblog_player_callback?title=Marc Malkin TV&playerID=1321252523&edition=us&adServerURL=http://ad.doubleclick.net/pfadx/blog.us.eonline/mm;tile=3;pos=;sz=480x360;!category=default;name=;title=;'  ); //end AC code }

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_malkin/b73088_who_should_sing_obamas_inauguration.html

Hahaha what is Michael wearing? :lol: Thanks troubleman for those pictures. Whatever Michael wears as someone said he still looks good. :)

Anyway I am taking a break from Christmas shopping and will be updating the news and mentionings.

Thanks for the pics troubleman!

How great would it be if Michael would singat Obama's inauguration!

Good morning everyone I found news about Michael's newest sighting in LA with the disguise that everyone is speaking about. In the last two pages of the news thread there are new pictures of Zorro (i mean Michael Jackson).

Michael Jackson News for December 13,2008:

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24794848-5012980,00.html

MICHAEL Jackson's disguises were never about concealing his identity.But his latest outfit is remarkable, even by his standards.
The trilby hat and black eye mask made him look like a rather effete Zorro, especially as they were accompanied by a bright blue tunic, white leggings and tan slippers.
And the black fringed shawl ensured the disguise guaranteed attention.
A crowd of bemused onlookers gathered as Jackson, 50, visited a Los Angeles antique shop. In his hand appeared to be a CD of the reality TV show The Jacksons Are Coming, made about his brothers.
In October he was seen wearing a surgical mask while out with his children, Prince Michael, 11, Paris, 10 and son Blanket, 6. The children were dressed in Halloween masks.
The troubled star is due to auction some of his memorabilia in April, including the white glove worn in his 1983 video for Billie Jean.

Michael Jackson Mentionings for December 13, 2008:

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_malkin/b73088_who_should_sing_obamas_inauguration.html

Who Should Sing at Obama's Inauguration? Part II

Fri., Dec. 12, 2008 3:02 PM PST by Marc Malkin
425.jones.springsteen.west.hudson.knowles.jackson.lc.121208.jpg
Jason Kempin/Getty Images; John Sciulli/Getty Images; Jeffrey Mayer/Getty Images; Nancy Kaszerman/ZUMA Press; Rosemary Goldhar/Getty Images; Axel/ZUMA Press
Just a couple of weeks ago, we surveyed some of your fave celebs to give you their ideas on who they think should be performing during Barack Obama's inaugural festivities next month.
Well, the suggestions keep rolling in for everyone from Beyoncé and Norah Jones to...Michael Jackson?! Is it time for Obama to polish up on his moonwalking?
Beyoncé has made no secret about wanting to sing for Obama at the inauguration. And David Archuleta thinks the singer-actress is a perfect choice. "She gave a lot of support to Obama, and she's an amazing singer and performer," the American Idol star said. "She has it all. That definitely would be something I would be excited to see."
Singer-actor Tyrese Gibson agrees, but joked that Knowles would have to take down the sexiness a notch or two. "She would have to put the three-piece on that night, not have so much skin out," he said.
Gibson also named Norah Jonesas one of his choices. "You just need to feel like you're hearing something heartfelt while you're there," he said. "It's going to be so emotional to see this take place. You need the right music to go along with it."
What about Beyoncé's Dreamgirls costar, Jennifer Hudson? The inaugural could be the first time the Oscar winner performs since her family tragedy.
"That day is really coming from the heart for all of us, the fact that we have this president that so many people believe in," said Christina Milian. "I'm a huge fan of Jennifer's, and I would love to hear her passionate voice."
Jermaine Dupri didn't suggest girlfriend Janet Jackson but rather Kanye West. Calling both Obama and the hip-hop star voices of a new generation, Dupri said, "Kanye may be an outspoken person, but I don't think his music is offensive to anybody, especially his new music. I think it would work for everybody."
Then there are the well-known, more established, leading liberals of the music biz. Barbra Streisand and Carole King, said baby-faced crooner Jesse McCartney, "would be excellent choices because they've been around for so long and they're classic."
Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham shot down assumptions that they've already been booked. "Been there, done that," he said. "I still have a picture from the paper of Obama with Bruce Springsteen...I think he would be appropriate for the message that Obama has to offer."
Akon has probably the most surprising bizarre suggestion. "I'd like to see Michael Jackson most," Akon said. "This Inauguration will be making history, and we need the biggest artist in history to go up and do something."
The King of Pop sure would make headlines, but we think it's safe to assume that's not the kind of news Obama is looking to make.:smilerolleyes:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/education/story/412458.html

Armies wear blue and gray; beyond that it gets creative. On Friday, one Confederate soldier in a tight red jacket with gold braid looked more like Michael Jackson than Johnny Reb. Union troops sported T-shirts labeled Killer Kiwis and Lucky Llamas. Rebel flags are controversial; students love props but don't want to appear racist.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/from-spar-to-star-1573634.html

Though 182,000 hopefuls applied, Eoghan has made it through to tonight's final, where he will face off against Alexandra Burke and boyband TLS. He was just 15 when he strolled into this year's X Factor auditions and impressed the judges with a rendition of Eric Clapton's Tears In Heaven. He quickly won the hearts of hordes of teenage girls, but he also received messages of support from the singer Amy Winehouse, and Michael Jackson said he wanted to write a song for him.

http://www.quickdfw.com/sharedconte...ofile_1211ick.ART.State.Edition1.4aa2bf2.html

Q: When the lights cut on at 2 a.m., what are we likely to be hearing at a Tyrone Smiley party?
Tyrone:

It's gotta be something classic, something that they can sing along with. I love Michael Jackson so, many times, it's a classic Michael or Jackson 5 track

http://community.allhiphop.com/go/t...n__Latina_Model__Mexican_Chica_from_Cali_SEXY

Michael Jackson talked about the Pretty Young Thing. LL Cool J talked about the "Around the Way Girl". Now C.Khid puts it down for the "Around the Way PYT"

See this video footage of the Pretty Young Thing officially named Erika Milan for a quick 2 minutes of viewing pleasure. Lovely eye candy latina model that you would not want to miss. Totally sexy, new footage of Latina model Erika Milan is coming soon for KicksAndChicks.com viewers

Michael Jackson HIStory for December 13, 2008:

2004 - It was made public that Michael Jackson's attorneys had filed a motion (on December 10) to dismiss the child molestation charges against Jackson on the grounds of "vindictive prosecution and outrageous government conduct."

2004 - Deputy District Attorney Gerald Franklin filed a paper that suggested Michael Jackson had a "propensity" for committing similiar crimes. The prosecutor was seeking to introduce evidence of 'prior sexual offenses'.

He also said he'd love to get in the studio with artists like Rihanna, Chris Brown and Michael Jackson in the near future. "Whenever I have time, I try to get in the studio and write, whether it's for me or other artists or my catalog of music. It's definitely one of my favorite parts of the music industry. I know a lot of people who are writing and producing Michael Jackson's new album. That would be a dream come true

Let's hope this does not happen. No more phonies who trashed MJ during the trial and praise him when things are looking good. Jesse sucks. LOL.

Thanks for posting the news, you guys. Mike looks great in the pics.

The King of Pop sure would make headlines, but we think it's safe to assume that's not the kind of news Obama is looking to make.

Like Obama would care what the media would think about MJ. Please, go and sit down, fool from eonline.com. I think MJ would be an great choice. I am lost about Beyonce being a choice. Isn't she overrated at the moment? Mike would be an excellent choice and so would Norah Jones, Carlore King, etc. Actual real talent. Kanye would be a terrible choice. Yeah, I love the man, but he would be too focus on himself rather than the actual event.

Last edited:
Jesse can dream on about MJ lol.. maybe he will at least get to work with rhianna and chris brown.

LOL @ presenting Black Zorro. :lol: Too funny.

First meeting that Bollywood guy, now this. He saw something in the trailer and said. "ohh that beautiful, can I have that".

That's kinda what I think, too...or maybe they offered to let him have it. Could be something he purchased for himself as well. You neva know with MJ. haha.

lol well one thing will never change, that wacky dress sense! You a trip mike honestly haha zorro? After the band aid thing I was like I've seen it all now but I've quit sayin that.

:lol:

Thanx for the pics troubleman. He looks goood. I bet I'm not the only who's diggin the outfit:wub: on him.
:cheers:

The King of Pop sure would make headlines, but we think it's safe to assume that's not the kind of news Obama is looking to make.:smilerolleyes:

Oh man. I got a little flutter in my belly reading Akon's comment. *shakes it off* The odds are wayyy too low.

Thanks to all for the news and mentionings. :flowers: Happy Weekend!

Michael totally needs to do it. Whether or not his comeback is around that time, it's still a perfect opportunity. Obama and Michael are major in history now. Michael has plenty of songs perfect for this. Why You Wanna Trip On Me is the perfect song in my opinion. It can represent how some people view Obama. It's a message about both Obama and Michael.

The dancing didn't suck, it just wasn't fresh. But his dancing execution was very good. The routine itself was new, of course, but had similar elements to his past routines, which is why some people call it recycled, but Michael had zero time to put it together because he originally had planned for "Unbreakable" to be the first single and Sony dropped the bomb on him that it had to be "YRMW" and then gave him something like two weeks to put the video together. Michael doesn't even really like "YRMW" as a song that much.

i'm glad this is all subjective. lol..i saw wrist and rotating head moves i've never seen before. (and to the person who said it sucked[not u, wbss21] i'd like to see them do that. lol)

I never said YRMW's stuff wasn't new. It was. It definitely used some old moves (shoulder brush/snap from Dangerous for example), but that doesn't even have anything to do with why I don't really like it. And I can't do it, you're right. But that doesn't mean I can't give my opinion on it.

Yeah right Jesse, after saying if Michael got near him he'd cut his dick off. What a loser that kid is. Chris Brown's more your level Jesse, lol.

wow..he said that? i'm glad fans have a memory.
i was gunna say he was smart assing the interviewer cus she seemed to take offence to him clarifying that he ain't a drug addict in real life..lol..

but now...damn....forget his azz

i'm glad this is all subjective. lol..i saw wrist and rotating head moves i've never seen before. (and to the person who said it sucked[not u, wbss21] i'd like to see them do that. lol)

Oh I don't myself think it was as recycled as some fans claim, I was just pointing out how that's a recurring complaint of some fans about "YRMW". It had some similar elements from past videos, but I already explained why that happened. Otherwise, I thought the routine was great. Just seeing Michael dance is the best thing in the world to me.

And yeah, Jesse McCartney said that crap, so he's a little goon and doesn't have any right to be even near the same studio as Michael, not just because his personality sucks but also because talent wise he's of the Disney channle variety.

well..Jesse may not be working with MJ, but Jesse is working FOR MJ. Jesse's songs are in the atv catalogue. lol

Michael Jackson Mentionings for December 14, 2008:

http://www.star-ecentral.com/news/story.asp?file=/2008/12/14/music/2760140&sec=music

Even the prince of pop Michael Jackson has asked Legend to write songs for him.
Will.i.am (from hip-hop group Black Eyed Peas) and I wrote a song for Michael, but I don’t even know if he’s going to use it. It was like two years ago,” he said

http://www.busrep.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=552&fArticleId=4759371

There's only so much of the currency's fall you can counteract with increasing ticket prices especially in the current climate," said Dainty, who has brought artists including Michael Jackson and U2 to Australia in the past.

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/ne...reebie-for-council-in-6m-hole-78057-20968722/

Michelin-starred chef Martin Wishart has a restaurant in the hotel, whose guests have included Clint Eastwood and Michael Jackson.
Council managers were given a hot breakfast, took part in a three-hour work session then had lunch.

http://www.readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=117542

The shoes have endured as a preppy essential, adding a polished look to such outfits as power suits and prep-school uniforms - although there was a slight detour in the '80s, when men wore loafers with lightweight suits and no socks (think Don Johnson in a dove gray suit and bare ankles). And who can forget a one-gloved Michael Jackson wearing penny loafers with skinny flood-water slacks?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/showbi...-back-on-25-years-of-snapping-91466-22469995/

Michael Jackson HIStory for December 14, 2008:

1991 - Michael Jackson's "Dangerous" debuts at No. 1 on Billboard's pop albums chart.

1993 - Michael Jackson's single "Gone Too Soon" was released

http://www.busrep.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=552&fArticleId=4759371

Michael's album, Dangerous, debuted at No. 1 on Dec. 14?? really..? I thought the album came out on Nov. 22..three weeks is quite a long time..?

LOL, but for real, that's a burned DVD of "The Jacksons Are Coming", guess he got the copy from Tito or somebody, lol.

or from that fan that looks like she might have handed it to him. :)

edit..........................................................................

Back