DONT fall for the 'souvenir ticket' offer!!!

Totally agree, and people don't say - AEG have to make their money back - they have insurance. We are individuals, AEG Live are a billion pound buisness, they aren't poor, don't feel sorry for them.

Also Randy just said on TV that the tickets were already printed for the first 10 shows, not all of them. To be honest Randy looked a bit shifty when talking about Michael specially designing the tickets, then going off on a tangent describing them saying they are almost like a video of Michael dancing - total exaggeration and trying to sell them, they are just holograms of photographs.

IMO they are trying to cash in on MJ's death. They said on Sky News - 'fans will have to decide whether to cherish their memories or their bank balance' - this is pure targeting guilt and taking advantage of fans in grief.

If we had to pay for them then the booking/printing/handling fee of £10 maybe, not £86. Michael wouldn't want this. We have a lot more to remember Michael with...and we have our order confirmations, not as good as a ticket but still.

Spending £86 on a piece of card is something I will not be doing. I cared about Michael, not a piece of card, and not to try and keep it so that it is worth more in the future (which experts say it might not be anyway seen as there are could be many tickets being printed now). They are trying to make money off Michael. This negative press they are getting about this, may lead them to change their minds.

Also did you notice they said tickets ranged in price from £50-£150...? No £50 - £75 and then the hospitality ones. You'd think Sky News could get their info right.

I really wanted to create a new thread for this.
You mustn't fall for this souvenir ticket offer by AEG. THEY ARE USING THE FANS FOR MONEY!!
We have a right to those tickets for free. We shouldnt have to pay for them.
I believe im right when I say this: Michael would not have wanted this!! He wouldn't have been happy with the idea of making fans pay for the ticket alone!!

PLEASE FANS! DONT FALL FOR IT!

You can remember Michael in other ways! You deserve your refunds!

Better to give the money to charity. That's what Michael would want. Or spend it on your loved ones. We all have enough memories of him, both emotional and physical. XX

I do not want a ticket, it is too much of a reminder of what we missed.

The long awaited return, the second chance, and it was snatched away so suddenly. So cruel.

I'm with you there

Better to give the money to charity. That's what Michael would want. Or spend it on your loved ones. We all have enough memories of him, both emotional and physical. XX

I don't see the problem. You paid that much to see Michael, so either get your money back or let them keep it in exchange for a ticket specially designed by Michael himself. You do have a choice.

But thats exactly the point. We paid to see michael, but Michael is sadly no longer here.
We didn't pay for the ticket itself (if you know what I mean).

I really feel Michael would not have wanted this.

Anyway, I feel its too strange to get tickets to something Im not going to get to see now. :-(

Let's not forget what happened in 84 before the victory tour.
All jackson brothers wanted only money, so one could not buy less than 4 tickets and people could not choose in which city they will go to concert! Absurd! but when MJ received letter from a kid, he changed everything and people could normaly bought tickets...

Hang on a second, I don't understand this whole "AEG are trying to recoup the money that they lost".. Are you kidding? They're insured? AND they have all that memorbilis plus the MOST rare footage at the moment, releasing that on DVD along with everything else they have there, they could make an absolute fortune.

I'm still waiting for the official statement tomorrow, but really, if it really is ticket or money, they should be ashamed of themselves. Randy Phillips, you came across very well then on that interview, do Michael proud.

Totally agree, and people don't say - AEG have to make their money back - they have insurance. We are individuals, AEG Live are a billion pound buisness, they aren't poor, don't feel sorry for them.

Also Randy just said on TV that the tickets were already printed for the first 10 shows, not all of them. To be honest Randy looked a bit shifty when talking about Michael specially designing the tickets, then going off on a tangent describing them saying they are almost like a video of Michael dancing - total exaggeration and trying to sell them, they are just holograms of photographs.

IMO they are trying to cash in on MJ's death. They said on Sky News - 'fans will have to decide whether to cherish their memories or their bank balance' - this is pure targeting guilt and taking advantage of fans in grief.

If we had to pay for them then the booking/printing/handling fee of £10 maybe, not £86. Michael wouldn't want this. We have a lot more to remember Michael with...and we have our order confirmations, not as good as a ticket but still.

Spending £86 on a piece of card is something I will not be doing. I cared about Michael, not a piece of card, and not to try and keep it so that it is worth more in the future (which experts say it might not be anyway seen as there are could be many tickets being printed now). They are trying to make money off Michael. This negative press they are getting about this, may lead them to change their minds.

Also did you notice they said tickets ranged in price from £50-£150...? No £50 - £75 and then the hospitality ones. You'd think Sky News could get their info right.

OK, this makes a lot of sense. I agree.

We all have a ticket to the Great Gig in the Sky. Just by walking the higher path you will get in, you won't have to pay any company. :p

I don't feel that strongly against AEG about this - but I DO think they may be using this situation to their advantage. But AEG won't be the only ones - there will be vultures everywhere. Beware. xx

Exactly. Plus all the interest they have made from our money being in their bank accounts since March.

Hang on a second, I don't understand this whole "AEG are trying to recoup the money that they lost".. Are you kidding? They're insured? AND they have all that memorbilis plus the MOST rare footage at the moment, releasing that on DVD along with everything else they have there, they could make an absolute fortune.

I'm still waiting for the official statement tomorrow, but really, if it really is ticket or money, they should be ashamed of themselves. Randy Phillips, you came across very well then on that interview, do Michael proud.

Just thinking, it would be better if all the money went to MJ's children, and a statue of MJ created and installed in Neverland deicated to him from the fans.

I also agree it wouldn't have cost a fortune to make those tickets.

I refuse to support AEG if this is true. I have the thriller package as well.

I don't get it anymore...

Real tickets....
Souvenir tickets....

It's not really clear to me... The video on YouTube where they show some tickets in 8 different colour with ''moving'' pictures.... that are those souvernir tickets I think????

You can already request a refund on the sites...I'll wait a week or so. I can't look at it at the moment :(

LENTICULAR TICKET

The tickets printed with the special lenticular process, were inspired and designed by Michael Jackson for the fans attending his shows. This is the actual "oversized" concert ticket, measuring 82mm x 186mm (3.23in x 7.32in) for the 50 This Is It shows at The O2. His hopes were his fans would want to keep the special ticket as a reminder of the memorable evening that they would share together.

The lenticular concert tickets feature one of eight unique designs printed via the lenticular printing process. Lenticular printing is a 3D process that can contain animation, multiple photos, morphing or a combination of these. The front of the ticket is the lenticular image and the reverse side is the standard ticket detail including the performer name, tour name, show date, venue, section number, row number, and seat number.

this is from... http://www.michaeljacksonlive.com/refunds.php

LENTICULAR TICKET

The tickets printed with the special lenticular process, were inspired and designed by Michael Jackson for the fans attending his shows. This is the actual "oversized" concert ticket, measuring 82mm x 186mm (3.23in x 7.32in) for the 50 This Is It shows at The O2. His hopes were his fans would want to keep the special ticket as a reminder of the memorable evening that they would share together.

The lenticular concert tickets feature one of eight unique designs printed via the lenticular printing process. Lenticular printing is a 3D process that can contain animation, multiple photos, morphing or a combination of these. The front of the ticket is the lenticular image and the reverse side is the standard ticket detail including the performer name, tour name, show date, venue, section number, row number, and seat number.

this is from... http://www.michaeljacksonlive.com/refunds.php

But are these tickets also the ticket they should have printed if the show took place??? So would they be the regular tickets??? I only wish to have my regular ticket...

Refund site is back up with a few changes, but looks like it's still all or nothing with wanting a ticket

I submitted for refund but we should write to AEG they need to put there info out not ticketmasters if you email ticketmaster you just get a link to michaeljacksonlive.com we need to have an uprising!

we need to have an uprising!

I completely agree. Whether you took the refund or not, I think we should all email to complain. If MJ had died a week later we would have got the ticket already and would have still got the refund.

Back