Don't Walk Away - Love it or Hate it?

Love it or hate it?

• Total voters
:busted: Who could possibly 'hate' this song? or even dislike it for that matter? I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SONG :heart: it is very tender and heartfelt and rather sad- but so profoundly beautiful. I love listening to Michael sing it and my favorite part in the song is when he sings: 'If you go, I won't forget you girl. Can't you see that you will always be? Even though I had to let you go...' I swoon everytime :swoon::wub:

It's one of his best ballads/love songs!
Melody & instrumantation are amazing...
And... of course: His vocals!

It's a BEAUTIFUL and sad song, just have to be in the right mood for it because this song will really grab you and make you get sad or happy tears in your eyes. Sometimes, I imagine Michael and I slow dancing to it. His vocals are just perfect!

I like it. I think it's better than Break Of Dawn, Heaven Can Wait, You Are My Life, Privacy and Butterflies
Whuuuuut?! :shock:

Not a fan of any of Michael's slow songs, unfortunately haha! I feel they can easily creep into the cringe factor, like YANA.
Whuuuut?! :shock:

I love it! The line that makes me tear up is this one "All my dreams been broken. I don't know where we're going" so lovely

Don't Walk Away is a very very very very very very very very very very very very very very beautiful song!
Love it very very very very (x 100,000,000) much! :D

Love Love Love it! Just exudes so much longing&yearning.
Even if you're not going through a break-up right now, many of us can relate to that kind of strong emotion.

BTW, I've seen some fans saying "How come they could dislike this song?" Not me, I can understand those who don't like it at all, whatever their reason may be. Too sappy? Too cookie-cutter? Can't stand a boring tear-jerker? Anything goes.

I really like it but I have to say that I don't listen to it very often... Michael's vocals are gorgeous, the lyrics are powerful and beautifully sad but.. after seeing a fan-made video about him and his relationship with this french(?)fan, I always think about it and it kinda puts the mood down. Stupid but it's what it is.

I love this song when i first heard it. I love the kinda country-vibe it has, and it also reminds me of lionel richie vibe to it too as far as ballads go - easy, effortless, but authentic and real. Its different than a lot of ballads MJ's done.

....only when I visited this thread did I realize how relevant the lyrics are to his death. Ouch. :( Now the song is instantly 10 times sadder :( ugh. no no no cuz like on the one hand, of course I relate to it when it comes to thinking about MJ but I can also hear it from the perspective of MJ himself and that hurts even more given how untimely.....

ugggh i don't think i can ever listen to this song the same way again jfc

I really like it but I have to say that I don't listen to it very often... Michael's vocals are gorgeous, the lyrics are powerful and beautifully sad but.. after seeing a fan-made video about him and his relationship with this french(?)fan, I always think about it and it kinda puts the mood down. Stupid but it's what it is.

I'm the same when it comes to Whatever Happens. I loved that song and played it all the time. But after so many claim he sings about Shana Mangatal I can't listen to it anymore.

I love it so much, one of my favorite tracks on Invincible! his vocals are absolutely gorgeous.. so pure! the lyrics are beautiful, to truly appreciate it.. you have to take time and listen to the real meaning of the song! his ballads are wonderful, i loved all the themes he sang in.. and he never failed to surprise me with his impeccable heights of genius.

I'm the same when it comes to Whatever Happens. I loved that song and played it all the time. But after so many claim he sings about Shana Mangatal I can't listen to it anymore.
Oh wow, really? gosh, I really love Whatever Happens, it's one of my top 5 out of Invincible. I guess we'll never know but those things sure have an effect on the songs we choose to play or skip.

He didn't have a relationship with that French fan. Don't let other people's fantasies spoil a song for you.

^Lol, what's this about, Joanna Thomae again?

I like the song but don't listen to it very often. I think Michael's vocals are great and the melody is fine, but I don't really like the production. Also not a big fan of the background vocals that come in at the end. But MJ delivers it nicely, love the ad-lib immediately at the start of the song.

To say that I hate it is a little harsh, but I really DON'T like it!

MjsLovelyOne88;4030769 said:
Oh wow, really? gosh, I really love Whatever Happens, it's one of my top 5 out of Invincible. I guess we'll never know but those things sure have an effect on the songs we choose to play or skip.

I still think it´s one of the best songs on Invincible, but I can´t listen to it anymore. Even if I know it´s not about her since he didn´t write the lyrics and the one who did told what the song was about. It´s the nanana nanan he sing at the end of the songs, Shana´s fans say he sings Shana nanan and that it´s about her.

I love it and I love privacy. Why is the thing about Johanna Thomae not true?

I love it and I love privacy. Why is the thing about Johanna Thomae not true?

oh believe me dont walk away is definitely not about the johanna chick. she became stalkerish and michael eventually had to black list her from neverland. and he also found out that she slepted with frank cascio.

Last edited:
Totally love this song. I loved it the second I first heard the song. One of my faves from Invincible. He sings it with such heartfelt emotion and it is not just another generic love song- I love the structure, the melody and his vocals. Beautiful.

He didn't have a relationship with that French fan. Don't let other people's fantasies spoil a song for you.

That's why I used italics, it's mainly about the footage not about believing it was true. Either way I can't help that, if something makes me feel a certain way it just does, usually doesn't last long. Also, I never said the song was about anybody, I just mentioned some fan used it as the background music for her video.

Back