Don't Walk Away - Love it or Hate it?

Love it or hate it?

• Total voters
When I listen to it, it makes me cry. I hear the sadness, the yearning, the heartache... :(

Love it. There's something haunting and vulnerable about it, dug its claws into me lol. :wub:

I really like Don't Walk Away, especially with the odd combination of country and R&B! It's not something you get to hear too often! But, I don't think it tops the other slow songs of the Invincible album, aside from You Are My Life. To me, Break of Dawn is THE ish lol! That song is just pure magic. :wub: It's my number 1 favorite from the album!

We'll there aren't many MJ songs I dislike but this one tops them. It's one of the tiny handful along with Privacy that I really can't listen to.

I adore virtually everything else but in my opinion these are the worst two tracks he ever recorded. How they made the cut over Xscape, We've Had Enough or even Shout is beyond me.

And I do like most of his slow stuff and even YANA that I don't love at least has some MJ magic in the last 90 seconds with his soaring vocals and ad-limbs but DWA is bland for me.

Strangely enough I really like You Are My Life and The Lost Children which many hate.

I appreciate it, I'm glad I've heard it, but it's one of my least favourite MJ songs. Normally you can feel and hear him putting his heart and soul into every single note, but on DWA, it just doesn't feel the same. He doesn't feel like he is in my ear singing it, it seems distant and not in a good way.
I hate to say it, but since MJ's death, I've begun to appreciate all his work more. Although I love almost everything he's ever done !

I really like Don't Walk Away, especially with the odd combination of country and R&B! It's not something you get to hear too often! But, I don't think it tops the other slow songs of the Invincible album, aside from You Are My Life. To me, Break of Dawn is THE ish lol! That song is just pure magic. :wub: It's my number 1 favorite from the album!

Yesss, Break of dawn is UNREAL- my favorite ballad from this album. I found this piano rendition and this guy really nailed it, i wish he would continue playing the entire song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riJfTF682fs

LOVE!!!!!! the ad-libs omg! and the "if you go...i won't forget you girl" always gets me lol

We'll there aren't many MJ songs I dislike but this one tops them. It's one of the tiny handful along with Privacy that I really can't listen to.

I adore virtually everything else but in my opinion these are the worst two tracks he ever recorded. How they made the cut over Xscape, We've Had Enough or even Shout is beyond me.

And I do like most of his slow stuff and even YANA that I don't love at least has some MJ magic in the last 90 seconds with his soaring vocals and ad-limbs but DWA is bland for me.

Strangely enough I really like You Are My Life and The Lost Children which many hate.

You really hate Privacy? I mean I'm not hating on you or anything. I've always just felt it was a well executed song! But, of course, to each his own! I heard that Shout was a B-side on the overseas release of the album. But I'm not sure how true that is. And I feel We Had Enough could have replaced Cry and Xscape, he should have made the album 18 songs long to add it in there! :rofl: You Are My Life and The Lost Children I think are wonderful songs, also. However, they aren't songs that I always listen to and they had to kind of grow on me. But, I feel, it wouldn't be a Michael Jackson album without those songs because that's practically his heart. I mean all of it comes from his heart. But, especially the songs about children or his own, like with You Are My Life.

Yesss, Break of dawn is UNREAL- my favorite ballad from this album. I found this piano rendition and this guy really nailed it, i wish he would continue playing the entire song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riJfTF682fs

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :wub: See, I just love the piano, like as much as I love Michael! Haha, it's my favorite instrument to play and now I must learn how to play Break of Dawn! Thanks for sharing that! :D

Love it :girl_dance:

And the reason I do is it reminds me of Country when Country was good; those deep longings, memories of good times gone wrong and the heartbreak of it all. Mike's genius ability to tap into and capture the emotions of a song (without needing to have experienced it or be autobiographical) has been with him since he was a child. I don't think this song is about anyone in particular or needed to be. It's simply BEAUTIFUL and haunting at the same time.

I definitely prefer Break of Dawn and Heaven Can Wait, then You Are My Life, but I like also Don't Walk Away

i love Don't Walk Away, for me one of the bests of Invincible album.

I don't like it. I prefer his uptempo songs with the grunts, shouts and chamones!

Love love love. There's something sweet and sad about the melody and his vocals. I personally love when he'd show those moments of vulnerability in his performances...

Back