Estate, Cascio and Porte Sued Over Three Songs on the "Michael" Album - Vera Senova Class Action

Re: Estate, Cascio & Porte sued - Forensic Analysis says MJ is NOT singing the 3 songs on "MICHAEL"

^ Horrible.

Re: Estate, Cascio & Porte sued - Forensic Analysis says MJ is NOT singing the 3 songs on "MICHAEL"

Thinking of Breaking News, when the dude sings "Michael Jackson" was the most cringe inducing moment of my life. Excuse me, I think I need to vomit. The memory is too much!

Thinking of Breaking News, when the dude sings "Michael Jackson" was the most cringe inducing moment of my life. Excuse me, I think I need to vomit. The memory is too much!

I avoided the entire album due to the rush job to release it and rumblings that someone was faking Mike's voice on some of the songs. I attempted to listen to "Breaking News" today and had the same reaction you did... (barf)

What. The. F*CK!

^ just wondering, why stay away from the entire album when there are non cascio tracks? there are some gems on there!

Behind The Mask is the only one i really like on there alot. I do listen too the others tracks that are on there i do not listen to the Cascio tracks at all those do sound terrible.

By the way does anybody know is this still going on any updated on it?

Last edited:

just wondering, why stay away from the entire album when there are non cascio tracks? there are some gems on there!

I avoided the entire album due to the rush job to release it and rumblings that someone was faking Mike's voice on some of the songs.

I quoted myself because that is my answer, posted prior to your question.

You are right Shelia it was a rush job to release. The first album should have been all Michael.

Like it was mention Michael Jackson fans know his voice you can't full them you just can't.

By the way does anybody know is this still going on any updated on it?

There have been updates discussed in a particular podcast by fans however; I do not know if it is acceptable to discuss that podcast.

I will do a detailed and more easier to understand update soon.

Just to give you an idea of how terrible Charles Thompson is at understanding the law:
In that podcast he said "and those fifty unnamed people". LMAO, he doesn't understand the meaning of "does 1 through 50". :D
Additionally he had to look up SLAPP to find out what it is and quotes some website he found. OMG.

But hey, let's call him the "legal expert"... the dude has just no expertise.

^^
Happens on MJ forums routinely.

Thompson is alot of things.legal expert not one of them!

Here is the update

A recent joint status report showed that for the last 1+ year the parties were involved in mediation/settlement talks. It failed. Now the case is restarting. As expected the defendants will file a demurrer to dismiss the case. One interesting detail is the defendants is also planning to file an anti-SLAPP motion.

quoting myself from blog

"Lawsuits brought to scare, harass and intimidate defendants or restraint of business is called SLAPP. The motions filed by the defendants against such cases are called anti-SLAPP.In this instance it means that the defendants are planning to argue that the MJ fan who brought this case doesn’t really expect to win the case but brought this case in attempt to silence and intimidate the defendants in order to prevent them from saying that the Cascio songs are performed by MJ. It is possible that the defendants will argue that saying MJ sang these songs are their constitutional right under freedom of speech."

There is also the discovery issue. MJ fan behind this lawsuit is wanting discovery to argue against the anti-SLAPP motion. Defendants are opposing it. Whether or not discovery will be allowed and how much discovery will be allowed is to be determined.

Next hearing is at February 2016. More details and documents can be found in my blog.

Cheers ivy

I second that thank Ivy for the updated.

I quoted myself because that is my answer, posted prior to your question.

You missed out a lot. Arguably one of the best MJ songs ever (Hollywood Tonight).

It is surprising that the defendants are not attempting to defend Michael’s legacy by pursuing this trial and proving once and for all Michael sang with goat-like vibrato in a makeshift studio in New Jersey, U.S. on the Cascio tracks.

Instead the defendants are fighting to dismiss the lawsuit after the failed settlement talks by requesting the judge rules this as a slap lawsuit. It is also possible that the defendants may request to penalize the plaintiff if the judge rules this is a slap lawsuit.

^^^^ As you know it's up to the person bringing the case to bring the proof, so at this stage it's not surprising at all. It's too early to know how the defendants will defend it.

It is surprising.

The defendants are not pursuing a trial. They are attempting to have the trial dismissed through slap. They may also request to penalize the plaintiff if they are successful with their dismissal request.

What is surprising?

Dismissals are tried in every single case and the losing party always pays other party's legal expenses. It is quite routine in my opinion.

Also: Obviously unknown to some, the plaintiff's lawyers took the case on a contingency basis (READ: there are NO costs for the plaintiff if she loses, only for her lawyers).

Also: Obviously unknown to some, the plaintiff's lawyers took the case on a contingency basis (READ: there are NO costs for the plaintiff if she loses, only for her lawyers).

not completely true. Losing party regularly pays for the legals costs of the winning parties. So it's highly likely that if the plaintiff loses, she'll be asked to pay the legal costs of the defendants.

not completely true. Losing party regularly pays for the legals costs of the winning parties. So it's highly likely that if the plaintiff loses, she'll be asked to pay the legal costs of the defendants.

Theoratically the plaintiff could be asked to pay the legal costs of the winning party but with the very nature of such a case the judge will have to determine if the plaintiff is even able to do so. And if that's not the case, the plaintiff will not be charged, the state is accounting for the utilisation of institutionally granted rights.

Fairly simple why it is surprising.

The defendants have the opportunity to legally discredit Michael’s family, peers, friends, and fans as they already have and continue to do so publicly. These defendants were the sole persons familiar with Michael’s goat-like vibrato heard exclusively on the Cascio tracks.

Instead, the defendants seek to dismiss this legal opportunity. If successful, the plaintiff may be penalized. If the plaintiff is not penalized for any reason, Michael’s beneficiaries will suffer the costs as they already are. How unfortunate.

Michael’s discography and musical legacy will continue to carry songs he is clearly not a part of. There is no scenario where Michael is the victor but, at least these defendants can continue their shameful victory.

LOL. Those contortions were anything but simple. ;)

Simple is relative. wink

LOL! @ Sony/Estate/Cascio's saying it's freedom of speech to claim Michael sang these songs. That's hilarious. I mean they're right, but if that's there only rebuttal legally aside from the SLAPP issue, then that's just downright embarrassing.

^^
This case is no where near the defense or rebuttal phase. Cases always start with the dismissal request - demurrer. It's what's going to happen here too. demurrer combined with anti-slapp.

Tygger;4123676 said:
Fairly simple why it is surprising.

The defendants have the opportunity to legally discredit Michael’s family, peers, friends, and fans as they already have and continue to do so publicly. These defendants were the sole persons familiar with Michael’s goat-like vibrato heard exclusively on the Cascio tracks.

Instead, the defendants seek to dismiss this legal opportunity. If successful, the plaintiff may be penalized. If the plaintiff is not penalized for any reason, Michael’s beneficiaries will suffer the costs as they already are. How unfortunate.

Michael’s discography and musical legacy will continue to carry songs he is clearly not a part of. There is no scenario where Michael is the victor but, at least these defendants can continue their shameful victory.

Taking emotion out of the equasion and focusing on the legalities it is not surprising at all. Most lawsuits are subject to settlement negotiations, in fact I'm thinking it is actually a requirement from the courts to try to avoid a trial, if wrong I stand corrected. Also if this legal 'opportunity' is actually dismissed it will minimise the beneficiaries suffering that you are concerned about.

Characterizing facts erroneously as emotions is not surprising.

Back