Exclusive: Inside Michael Jackson’s “Hollywood”

You may be much more connected than most fans out there. I know nothing about this Online Team. What is their contact info? I'd love to get in touch with them as well.

I sincerely hope you are right. I hope they learn from this mishap and put all their hearts in all future releases. So far, the collaborations between Sony and the Estate are mediocre.

The MJOnline team have a Twitter here, http://twitter.com/#!/MJonlineteam . I am sure if you message them asking to be put on there mailing list you should get the updates as everyone else does :) Alot of people act as if they are exclusive, but they just want to get the correct Michael jackson info out to anyone interested

And about the Estate, people are complaining about the lack of ACTAUAL Michael jackson Material not being used (I.E people saying they must have 1000's of hour of MJ footage for videos Etc) but this is early days, The Estate jumped the gun on the song This Is It and they got burnt legally, they jumped the gun on "Michael" again they got burnt but this time by the fans.

People must remember the estate are STILL collecting and catalogueing MJ's materials, stuff is being registered to this date and will continue to be registered, Michael had a very busy professional life and collecting all that will take some time. I myself have faith in the future, its early days, all they can do is learn.

One thing i can tell you is that they have been working on the Bad 25 release and the bad tour release for a a good 6 Months already, now the release date wont be until around Aug/Sept next year (If all goes to plan). It would have totalled over 2 Years of working, they are doing their homework I hope :timer:

Last edited:
The MJOnline team have a Twitter here, http://twitter.com/#!/MJonlineteam . I am sure if you message them asking to be put on there mailing list you should get the updates as everyone else does :) Alot of people act as if they are exclusive, but they just want to get the correct Michael jackson info out to anyone interested

And about the Estate, people are complaining about the lack of ACTAUAL Michael jackson Material not being used (I.E people saying they must have 1000's of hour of MJ footage for videos Etc) but this is early days, The Estate jumped the gun on the song This Is It and they got burnt legally, they jumped the gun on "Michael" again they got burnt but this time by the fans.

People must remember the estate are STILL collecting and catalogueing MJ's materials, stuff is being registered to this date and will continue to be registered, Michael had a very busy professional life and collecting all that will take some time. I myself have faith in the future, its early days, all they can do is learn.

One thing i can tell you is that they have been working on the Bad 25 release and the bad tour release for a a good 6 Months already, now the release date wont be until around Aug/Sept next year (If all goes to plan). It would have totalled over 2 Years of working, they are doing their homework I hope :timer:

Thanks for the info. No, I don't think the On Line Team is exclusive people. But, they do need to make themselves more visable if they really want to get in touch with the fans. If we are not having this convo, I wouldn't know anything about the On Line Team.

The BAD Tour DVD (hope they release in Blue-ray) is the project I look forward the most.

I hope the estate is learning from mistakes and doing the best job possible. The video doesn't bother me so much because I know it won't be the same anymore. But I don't want to hear ever again someone changing Michael's lyrics. I try to be fair and understanding but that is not acceptable to me. I would rather hear a song from the Off the Wall era that is finished then a song he did in 2008 that isn't finished and someone else finishes it or rewrites it in any way. If a song can be used great and if not then just leave it alone. The fans just want to hear Michael and his words and message.

I do like the song and the album. I only felt a little uneasy knowing that others finished it for him. It's hard to explain the feeling. My initial thoughts were that the songs were finished by Michael or close to and needed a few tweaks. Just like I thought This is It was a new song Michael recorded for his show.This might not make sense but it's better they make mistakes now and learn from it. Then whatever projects come up they will know what they should and should not to.

Last edited:
Right lets actually look at this, with REAL answers instead of shouting how everyone else is wrong and the Estate and Sony and Cascios and anyone else involved in Michael music/videos/legacy is doing the wrong thing.

Okay, for a start, have the Estate released any Cascio tracks as singles? no, why, because of the uproar about things from what i have been told after BTM & HT possibly one more single will be released from "Michael" would be interesting to see if its a Cascio track

Again, The fans complained about teddy Rileys mix of Hollywood tonight and the way he has over-edited MJ's vocals and changed the entire message of the song...........what did the Estate do??? Scrap Teddys version and release a version which is extremely similar to one of Michaels versions of the song, infact they have used pretty much ALL the vocals Michael ever recorded for that song.

Again, the Estate have hired an Online team to correspond with fans who are interested, this team sends out regular emails and keeps us upto date with michael jackson releases and information, this team is also very contactable and very polite and interested in what the fans have to say

Again regarding the Bad tour release coming next year, I emailed the estate about some issues and I believe some stuff has changed to do with the release, because of the way the FANS want it.

All the above is happening because of the fans uproar over mistakes they made on the "michael" album, they made mistakes because they released it off the cuff, now they are learning.

If you actually look at the above and what the estate have put in place in the last few months, are they really ignoring fans?

You mean they have a publicity department? Like most major international companies?

If they listened to fans they wouldn't have screwed up as often as they have since Michael's passing.

You failed to mention:

The This Is It single debacle - not crediting Paul Anka, then crediting him even though he didn't work on the version that Michael recorded. Sony then putting together an 'orchestral' version with a wholly bogus orchestra sampled from one of their commercially available royalty-free sound effect files.

The disaster that was the Visions DVD boxset - black boxes around most of the videos, no sound settings even thought Michael had the short films recorded in Dolby, poor quality video on a number of the short films, etc. Even having black boxes around the whole of the Thriller video on iPhone's iTunes. Michael Jackson's 'Vision'? It was nothing like Michael Jackson's vision.

The Breaking News stream - teasing fans with a 20 second sample that cut off just before the vocals. Now why do that? Because when most fans heard the vocals they knew they were being screwed over. What did Sony do with that feedback? Released the track on the album anyway.

The cover of 'Michael' featuring a picture of Joe and Katherine Jackson getting married, surrounded by a leather strap, as well as numerous other insults.

Monster and Keep Your Head Up being added to the album even though they were faced with protests by the majority of Michael Jackson's fans.

Re-writing sections of the legitimate songs on the album to completely dilute Michael Jackson's ACTUAL message.

What have the Estate/Sony done about the above? Absolutely nothing. In what way have they addressed it? They haven't.

If you think I spend my time dreaming up ways to slate the Estate and Sony you'll be wildly mistaken. I want future generations to watch and to hear Michael Jackson in the way he intended his art to be watched and heard. He didn't hire film directors to shoot 'short-films' for someone to later decide, after his death, that they weren't going to present the short-films as Michael originally intended, for example. Why doesn't 'Visions' have a Dolby setting when Michael paid (out of his own pocket) for his short-films to be recorded in Dolby?

That's my concern.

Birchey:

a) the Estate are supposed to be top industry professionals who are paid MILLIONS of dollars for their job - are we really expected to treat them like little babies taking their very first steps in showbiz? I have higher expectations than that.

b) the problem is if you never said it here, we would not know. It shouldn't be this way, when people who sometimes spend hours every day on MJ boards don't know this stuff, let alone casual fans. That's another mistake.

I think TII the movie was one of the best Michael Jackson projects the world has ever seen and I give them props for that, the game was good as well... But other than that - Branca and McClain really didn't do well at all.
You have to remember, Michael Jackson was a musician first... and how these people screwed-up the first posthumous music project is just upsetting.

You mean they have a publicity department? Like most major international companies?

If they listened to fans they wouldn't have screwed up as often as they have since Michael's passing.

You failed to mention:

The This Is It single debacle - not crediting Paul Anka, then crediting him even though he didn't work on the version that Michael recorded. Sony then putting together an 'orchestral' version with a wholly bogus orchestra sampled from one of their commercially available royalty-free sound effect files.

The disaster that was the Visions DVD boxset - black boxes around most of the videos, no sound settings even thought Michael had the short films recorded in Dolby, poor quality video on a number of the short films, etc. Even having black boxes around the whole of the Thriller video on iPhone's iTunes. Michael Jackson's 'Vision'? It was nothing like Michael Jackson's vision.

The Breaking News stream - teasing fans with a 20 second sample that cut off just before the vocals. Now why do that? Because when most fans heard the vocals they knew they were being screwed over. What did Sony do with that feedback? Released the track on the album anyway.

The cover of 'Michael' featuring a picture of Joe and Katherine Jackson getting married, surrounded by a leather strap, as well as numerous other insults.

Monster and Keep Your Head Up being added to the album even though they were faced with protests by the majority of Michael Jackson's fans.

Re-writing sections of the legitimate songs on the album to completely dilute Michael Jackson's ACTUAL message.

What have the Estate/Sony done about the above? Absolutely nothing. In what way have they addressed it? They haven't.

If you think I spend my time dreaming up ways to slate the Estate and Sony you'll be wildly mistaken. I want future generations to watch and to hear Michael Jackson in the way he intended his art to be watched and heard. He didn't hire film directors to shoot 'short-films' for someone to later decide, after his death, that they weren't going to present the short-films as Michael originally intended, for example. Why doesn't 'Visions' have a Dolby setting when Michael paid (out of his own pocket) for his short-films to be recorded in Dolby?

That's my concern.

Listen right, and REALLY listen cuz you are missing my whole point here! I am speaking about whats happened since AFTER Michael was released! I am speaking about the steps the Estate has taken to ensure things don't screw up again. You are proving me exactly right, you are doing the broken record thing, You keep banging on and on and never add anything NEW to the discussion.

MICHAEL ALBUM + ESTATE + SONY + VISION + ANYTHING ELSE = S**T, we get it we really do, thats your opinion you have wrote it what constantly for the last 4 months on MJJC we really get your opinion, some fans now just want to say right, you f**ked up, you f**ked up bigtime, this is my idol MJ was a genius what the hell did you do that for, but dont do it again, do as Michael would say LEARN from it.

I also Mentioned the This Is It fiasco briefly in my post at the top of this page, this proves you are not reading into other peoples opinion or fact, before replying.

The Estate KNOWS they made mistakes and are trying to get fans opinions about things now, hence the online team, John branca and McClain cant spend all there time replying to our emails or you would probably say they are spending too much time replying to emails and not working properly on MJ's Legacy lol. and you call the only team a publicity team..........strange that I don't see any quotes from them in the Press or many other places, for a publicty team they are keeping the Publicity thing rather quiet, thats because they are liasing with the FANS.

And please before you cherry pick one of my posts, read my next one which was placed over an hour before your reply :agree:

I can PM you the email of the Online team if you wish to talk with them about things.

Last edited:
Birchey, would you mind PMing me the email of the MJ Online Team? I don't use Twitter, and this way I can only ask about things that I'm not 100% sure about to the people directly. Plus, I really enjoy reading your posts!

Lom Kit addressed his post to me. Now unless you know me better than I know myself, on what basis are you going to claim he's not wrong to claim that I wanted unreleased material being released?

:sigh: I was referring to this...

And I may be wrong (I'm sure, i'm not), but didn't we "the fans" wail, why there was still no album, no unreleased songs, year after Michaels death. why it take them so long. that they are going to miss the time, when the whole "hype" after his death was. well, here you have it.

In which you responded with...

Yes. You're definitely wrong.

This person was referring to fans in general, before making a post that was directly solely towards you...Again, speaking about fans in general, in which you replied and said the person was "definitely wrong", when they weren't.

Listen right, and REALLY listen cuz you are missing my whole point here! I am speaking about whats happened since AFTER Michael was released! I am speaking about the steps the Estate has taken to ensure things don't screw up again. You are proving me exactly right, you are doing the broken record thing, You keep banging on and on and never add anything NEW to the discussion.

MICHAEL ALBUM + ESTATE + SONY + VISION + ANYTHING ELSE = S**T, we get it we really do, thats your opinion you have wrote it what constantly for the last 4 months on MJJC we really get your opinion, some fans now just want to say right, you f**ked up, you f**ked up bigtime, this is my idol MJ was a genius what the hell did you do that for, but dont do it again, do as Michael would say LEARN from it.

I also Mentioned the This Is It fiasco briefly in my post at the top of this page, this proves you are not reading into other peoples opinion or fact, before replying.

The Estate KNOWS they made mistakes and are trying to get fans opinions about things now, hence the online team, John branca and McClain cant spend all there time replying to our emails or you would probably say they are spending too much time replying to emails and not working properly on MJ's Legacy lol. and you call the only team a publicity team..........strange that I don't see any quotes from them in the Press or many other places, for a publicty team they are keeping the Publicity thing rather quiet, thats because they are liasing with the FANS.

And please before you cherry pick one of my posts, read my next one which was placed over an hour before your reply :agree:

I can PM you the email of the Online team if you wish to talk with them about things.

I got your point. I just don't agree with any of it.

You're saying they screwed up all the way to the release of the album - TII included, Visions included etc. I get that. And now they're trying to make amends because they 'care'.

MY POINT is that they screwed up. And they've screwed up to such a degree that they're now realising that they can't get away with taking the fans goodwill for granted. So they're trying to engage fans in order to maximise profits from a posthumous album that they pretty much killed before it was even released. And they're effectively paying lip-service to fans.

Forgive me for not trusting them.

:sigh: I was referring to this...

In which you responded with...

This person was referring to fans in general, before making a post that was directly solely towards you...Again, speaking about fans in general, in which you replied and said the person was "definitely wrong", when they weren't.

He was definitely wrong. Because 'fans' weren't begging for unreleased material. 'Some fans' were. Not 'fans', as in 'all fans'.

Keep up.

I think the estate overall has done a great job managing MJ's legacy. They screwed up the album yes but that's it.

This Is It was amazing... huge success and was treated like a massive event all over the world. It was huge. The DVD was equally as successful as was the soundtrack.

The Experience has done incredible in sales and soon the PS3 and 360 versions will be released and do even better!

Cirque is selling out and more shows are being added. I can already tell this will be a massive success and will make MJ's legacy even better. All the best people in dance are being involved. This project alone will bring in hundreds of millions in profit. (The CD is coming at the end of this year and should do very well)

Even MICHAEL did half decent in sales globally. Not up to par, but still not a total flop. US sales were disappointing yes and the song selection was something to be desired. But it was a valid lesson... no new music will do exceptional without Michael Jackson actually being here. Stick with the back catalog and they will have success.

Visions wasn't as bad as some people in here say. I enjoyed it, and you can always change the image on your screen if you don;t like the black lines. I personally think it's great to have all of MJ's videos in one collection. We are forgetting, this has sold very well!

Great post, Smooth! Do you mean that a CD of the Cirque show will be released?

I think the estate overall has done a great job managing MJ's legacy. They screwed up the album yes but that's it.

This Is It was amazing... huge success and was treated like a massive event all over the world. It was huge. The DVD was equally as successful as was the soundtrack.

The Experience has done incredible in sales and soon the PS3 and 360 versions will be released and do even better!

Cirque is selling out and more shows are being added. I can already tell this will be a massive success and will make MJ's legacy even better. All the best people in dance are being involved. This project alone will bring in hundreds of millions in profit. (The CD is coming at the end of this year and should do very well)

Even MICHAEL did half decent in sales globally. Not up to par, but still not a total flop. US sales were disappointing yes and the song selection was something to be desired. But it was a valid lesson... no new music will do exceptional without Michael Jackson actually being here. Stick with the back catalog and they will have success.

Visions wasn't as bad as some people in here say. I enjoyed it, and you can always change the image on your screen if you don;t like the black lines. I personally think it's great to have all of MJ's videos in one collection. We are forgetting, this has sold very well!

hey smooth how much has vision and the album sold as of now?

Sony has US sales for MICHAEL at 500,000 and foreign sales of 1,900,000 for total worldwide sales of 2.4 million as of March 19th 2011.

Vision has sold 1.1 million units globally since it's release.

ALso some great news, Thriller passed by the 70 million mark yesterday for global sales! It remains the biggest selling album in history beating the 2nd place album by 22 million!

I think TII the movie was one of the best Michael Jackson projects the world has ever seen and I give them props for that, the game was good as well... But other than that - Branca and McClain really didn't do well at all.

Just the movie? What about all the other great deals they made? The Cirque shows, the Sony deal, the Experience game, etc.... they've done mostly a pretty good job so far.

Some fan may moan about the album, but they brought mostly people who have worked with MJ to work on it. And for the Hollywood video they got a director MJ has worked with.

Some fans seem to think they know it all, they knew MJ better than those who actually worked with him and that they can definitely do no wrong. :ermm:

Birchey do you know what has changed regarding the Bad tour DVD release? And do you have any further information on it? (what city, what songs, extras, quality, etc)

Could you let me know how I can get the black bars disappeared without adding 50 lbs to Michael's weight and taking 5 inches away from his height?

Just the movie? What about all the other great deals they made? The Cirque shows, the Sony deal, the Experience game, etc.... they've done mostly a pretty good job so far.

Some fan may moan about the album, but they brought mostly people who have worked with MJ to work on it. And for the Hollywood video they got a director MJ has worked with.

Some fans seem to think they know it all, they knew MJ better than those who actually worked with him and that they can definitely do no wrong. :ermm:

Let's not take Alec's post out of context. He's referring to the artistic quality of all the projects handled by the Estate, not the business deals. Financially, Mr. Branca has done a phenomenal job as evidenced by the record breaking deal with Sony and the negotiations of better terms on the outstanding financing agreements.

This Is It, the film, is indeed one great project beautifully put together. I'll give Mr. Ortega and Sony all the credits they deserve. Thus far, the film really is the only project that lives up to fans' expectation.

We don't know much about the Cirque show yet. I hope it's great. I bought floor section tickets alreay.

Let's not take Alec's post out of context. He's referring to the artistic quality of all the projects handled by the Estate, not the business deals. Financially, Mr. Branca has done a phenomenal job as evidenced by the record breaking deal with Sony and the negotiations of better terms on the outstanding financing agreements.

This Is It, the film, is indeed one great project beautifully put together. I'll give Mr. Ortega and Sony all the credits they deserve. Thus far, the film really is the only project that lives up to fans' expectation.

We don't know much about the Cirque show yet. I hope it's great. I bought floor section tickets alreay.

You mean "some" fans.

My answer still stands when talking about the artistic/creative side too. Like I said, for the album specifically, for the most part they have hired people who have worked with MJ for many years, people who MJ chose to work with himself. Who else do you think they should've hired?

And if these people haven't done it all perfect, I doubt anyone else will. Like it's been said, the Estate is trying to make things better (although I'm sure no matter what they do some fans will never be happy, so it's kind of a no win situation for them).

And, as far as I know most fans and public are pretty happy with the Experience game too.

And if these people haven't done it all perfect, I doubt anyone else will. Like it's been said, the Estate is trying to make things better (although I'm sure no matter what they do some fans will never be happy, so it's kind of a no win situation for them).

Thriller is the greatest music video ever put to film. BAR NONE. It's the greatest, most iconic example of the music short film. Iconic song. Iconic choreography. Iconic special effects. A SEMINAL moment in the history of entertainment.

SO how did the Estate f*ck it up so badly when releasing it on the Visions boxset? I've heard all sorts of excuses, but HOW did they release it on iPhone's iTunes with borders ALL AROUND it? Letterboxed - I could just about understand. 4:3 - I could just about understand. But borders on the top AND the sides?

It's like framing the Mona Lisa with an Ikea frame!

154236_10150108246552317_732517316_7891298_2978830_n.jpg

I DON'T BELIEVE a multinational corporation can make THAT many mistakes by accident. And if they have, everyone responsible should be sacked.

And like I said... it's just one blunder after another. This was from the official YouTube link for 'Hollywood Tonight' when it was first uploaded. 'Hollywood TONIGHT' NOT 'Hollywood Nights'.

190747_10150160787577317_732517316_8641897_4797042_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thriller is the greatest music video ever put to film. BAR NONE. It's the greatest, most iconic example of the music short film. Iconic song. Iconic choreography. Iconic special effects. A SEMINAL moment in the history of entertainment.

SO how did the Estate f*ck it up so badly when releasing it on the Visions boxset? I've heard all sorts of excuses, but HOW did they release it on iPhone's iTunes with borders ALL AROUND it? Letterboxed - I could just about understand. 4:3 - I could just about understand. But borders on the top AND the sides?

It's like framing the Mona Lisa with an Ikea frame!

154236_10150108246552317_732517316_7891298_2978830_n.jpg

I DON'T BELIEVE a multinational corporation can make THAT many mistakes by accident. And if they have, everyone responsible should be sacked.

And like I said... it's just one blunder after another. This was from the official YouTube link for 'Hollywood Tonight' when it was first uploaded. 'Hollywood TONIGHT' NOT 'Hollywood Nights'.

190747_10150160787577317_732517316_8641897_4797042_n.jpg

Green flash in ITC, no audio in the beginning of Will You Be There, grainy/gritty look to TWYMMF, noticeable difference in sound quality between videos, among other f*ck ups fellow fans have noticed...

The only thing I like about Vision is that all short films are in one, but when I find myself popping in the HIStory on Films/Dangerous Short Films instead, well, then that kinda defeats the purpose, right?

Wow, keep up the good work everyone :smilerolleyes:

Last edited:
"It lacks Michael spirit."

Can your brother, your best friend, the closest person that have worked with you, re-produce your visions, your thoughts, your artistical self? No , they can't! No one can! cause they are not you. can't read your mind. Doesn't matter how much someone strains his ass or thinks he knows you.

If Riley, McClain, Buxter and ect could, we wouldn't need Michael for the last 15 years. Or Michael wouldn't have to work on albums. just record something and give it to others to finish it.

Just enjoy the music, much as you can and don't give too much into it. thats why all those examples and comparisons of what Michael has done and how he has done are pointless.
If someone could do TDCAU, ES, Bj, Michael would have been just another mediocre pop singer and not who he was. ( i think i repeat myself)
thats holding you of enjoy and "accept" the situation now.

And I may be wrong (I'm sure, i'm not), but didn't we "the fans" wail, why there was still no album, no unreleased songs, year after Michaels death. why it take them so long. that they are going to miss the time, when the whole "hype" after his death was. well, here you have it.
the whole post was directed to all.

Yes. You're definitely wrong.

come on, don't quote just that whats comfortable for you.

I'm DEFINITELY not.

And don't come with "it wasn't me", "no, i didn't" and pointing the fingers to others.

Strange how fast people forget. especially the things they've brewed them self.

You know whats most wicked thing in life after having a dream? self lying.
this was directed to you, samhabib. because you quoted the sentence (bold), without the reason I said this.

What a ridiculous post.

I couldn't give a monkey's about unreleased material so save the indignation for someone who actually cares.

You wanted unreleased material? Good for you. Don't tell me what I did or didn't want.
For someone who "couldn't give a monkey's about unreleased material", you argue and discuss alot. We the fans are one community and what one half is wanting to happen, effects all of us. And not "I never wanted this, go to someone who actually cares". And then writting 10000 posts and distance yourself.

That's part of the problem, you only think about yourself as if you're someone to look up to around here. Look at the album thread, if you can, before it released (it may be locked now, only viewable to donators), but 65% of this forum was rambling on about how we hadn't gotten any unreleased music yet, and how pissed they'd be if the album was full of songs that had already leaked and were just re-done. People were moaning, whining about how they didn't want an album with Another Day, The Way You Love Me, and ton's of other re-releases...So Lom Kit isn't wrong at all.
that's what I mean.

We the fans are one community and what one half is wanting to happen, effects all of us. And not "I never wanted this, go to someone who actually cares". And then writting 10000 posts and distance yourself.

Yes, and that's why he said 'You're wrong.' ...Not ALL fans whined and complained for unreleased material. Therefore, your claim was wrong.
It doesn't matter if it was only the half of the fans or 65%. It's always ALL! It's us the fans in general.
Of course many didn't want any releases. Alot of the fans still havn't see "this is it" and don't want to know anything about it.
You and samsahib read and argue only on what you like, without understanding what are people telling you.

Ok we conclude, you both are "one of the better fans", that know it better.

@Birchey
thank you for your last few posts in this thread.

Yes, and that's why he said 'You're wrong.' ...Not ALL fans whined and complained for unreleased material. Therefore, your claim was wrong.

Exactly. It's wrong to claim 'we the fans wanted...' when talking to me. I didn't want that something. In which case it's equally correct, according to that logic, to say 'we the fans didn't want...'

'We the fans...' don't all think the same. Incredible as that may seem.

Green flash in ITC, no audio in the beginning of Will You Be There, grainy/gritty look to TWYMMF, noticeable difference in sound quality between videos, among other f*ck ups fellow fans have noticed...

They must be laughing when they read fans lauding this product. They could literally sell ANYTHING with the name 'Michael Jackson' on it!

Can we get back on topic now please. This thing is veering off in the wrong direction. Lets discuss this amazing song :)

Can we get back on topic now please. This thing is veering off in the wrong direction. Lets discuss this amazing song :)

I actually prefer Teddy's version of the song to the Billie Jean mash-up of the video. I was convinced that Teddy filtered the vocals to make them sound more like the vocals on the Cascio tracks and it looks like I was right.

The music on Teddy's version is better, though. He can still make a great track when he wants to. Will never forgive him for all the other stuff. But I was listening to the album version today... it wipes the floor with all of the up-tempo songs from Invincible. Makes me even more convinced that he deliberately held back better material in 2001.

I like Teddy's version as well, in terms of the music. More energy, and that funky guitar is really great...Love it. It was nice to hear Michael's raw vocals in the video version, too.

I actually prefer Teddy's version of the song to the Billie Jean mash-up of the video. I was convinced that Teddy filtered the vocals to make them sound more like the vocals on the Cascio tracks and it looks like I was right.

The music on Teddy's version is better, though. He can still make a great track when he wants to. Will never forgive him for all the other stuff. But I was listening to the album version today... it wipes the floor with all of the up-tempo songs from Invincible. Makes me even more convinced that he deliberately held back better material in 2001.

Teddys version is a good pop tune, as far as what version Michael was more involved in the throwback mix (Billie Jean mash-up) is inspired about 90% by what Michael wanted.

This isn't a dig, I respect you're opinion, but after saying how people are taking Michaels art and using it wrong or removing his input into things, you say you prefer Teddys version when it does not even resemble Michaels original version, yet the Throwback Mix is very close to Michaels version?

Back