Famous Michael Jackson Quotes

Love-is-the-most-important-thing-in-the-world.jpg
:pray::heart::pray:​

Hope is such a beautiful word, but it often seems very fragile. Life is still being needlessly hurt and destroyed. The image of one baby seal alone on the ice or one baby girl orphaned in war is still frightening in its helplessness. I realized that nothing would finally save life on earth but trust in life itself, in its power to heal, in its ability to survive our mistakes and welcome us back when we learn to correct those mistakes.

There's a Mother's Day and there's a Father's Day, but there's no Children's Day. It would mean a lot. World peace.
Michael Jackson

I have been the artist with the longest career, and I am so proud and honoured to be chosen from heaven to be invincible
Michael Jackson

I believe in wishes and in a person's ability to make a wish come true, I really do. And a wish is more than a wish... it's a goal that your conscience and subconscience can help make reality.
Michael Jackson

You can always dream, and your dreams will come true, but you have to make them come true.
Michael Jackson

And the dream we were conceived in will reveal a joyful face... and the world we once believed in will shine again in grace. Then why do we keep strangling life wound this Earth, crucify its soul. Though it's plain to see, this world is heavenly. We could be God's glow... Heal the world.
Michael Jackson

I used to dream I used to glance beyond the stars Now I don't know where we are although I know we've drifted far What about yesterday What about the seas The heavens are falling down I can't even breathe What about the bleeding Earth Can't we feel its wounds What about nature's worth? It's our planet's womb.
Michael Jackson

Children show me in their playful smiles the divine in everyone. This simple goodness shines straight from their hearts and only asks to be lived.
Michael Jackson

When I look into the eyes of my Prince, and my daughter Paris, I see miracles and I see beauty.
Michael Jackson

The Earth we share is not just a rock tossed through space, but a living, nurturing being. She cares for us, she deserves our care in return.
Michael Jackson

Before you judge me, try hard to love me...
'Childhood'
Michael Jackson

We can fly, you know. We just don't know how to think the right thoughts and levitate ourselves off the ground.
Michael Jackson

I want to give the world escapism through the wonder of great music and to reach the masses.
Michael Jackson

:heart: :wub: :heart: :wub: :heart: :wub: :heart: :wub:

MJ praising the work of his photographer William Pecchi Jr in a letter.

"It is the art of stopping time, to preserve a moment that the naked eye cannot hold, to capture truth spontaneous truth, the depths of excitement in human spirit.
All else will be forgotten, but not the films. Generations from now will experience the excitement you've captured; it truly is a time capsule
".

How delightful, that's a real poem there :)

"What really makes me happy, what I love is performing and creating. I really don't care about all the material trappings. I love to put my soul into something and have people accept it and like it. That's a wonderful feeling."

About the Pepsi commercial: "The reason for the fire was stupidity, pure and simple."

"I do think that marriage can be a wonderful thing if it's right for the two people involved.I believe in love - very much so - how can you not believe after you've experienced it? I believe in relationships. One day I know I'll find the right woman and get married myself."

"Needless to say, I love the interaction between the sexes; it is a natural part of life and I love women."

"George Lucas told me his daughter's first words were "Michael Jackson." I felt on top of the world when he told me that."

All quotes are from Moonwalk

Quotes By Famous People About Michael Jackson

"I never saw any songs he wrote, but I always knew he could. there was an instrumental hit out, "love is blue", in about 1970 (Michael was 12 years old). He came in one day and asked me about this section of the song he found interesting. So I showed it to him on piano. He couldn´t play, but he was able to pick it out with one finger on the piano. He was able to learn this part and would sit there picking it out. There is a certain talent that goes with writing a song, and I could see he had it."

Freddie Perren(songwriter)

"I'm glad that I got to go out with Michael Jackson, that was cool!" MTV Awards
"he's an idol of mine, yeah. Definetly. I think that he, I mean, I really think that the genius that he is, is... Brilliant." ..."And 'Billie Jean' and all the stuff that he did was great." "I think that he is a great person in my heart, I just think he just maybe needs some friends to be around him to be honest, you know?"

Britney Spears Diane Sawyer interview

"I think Michael Jackson is the best entertainer to ever walk this planet. He dances, sings and writes songs. He is one true legend."

Ashley Todd

"When God was giving out talent, He gave all of it to Michael Jackson."

Babyface

Michael is a huge influence." "I think that there's something about Michael Jackson, and his presentation that I think influenced the world, It opened the minds of the world, you know. I don't think anyone could present a song better than he could, I think that there's been a million songs that have been written over time that are that are amazing works of art, but there's something about Michael's stage presence that would never ever, ever be duplicated. And there's really only one Michael Jackson. Like I said, He's a cultural icon, his music got inside your soul, it opened the minds of people, I mean, he... He changed the world."

Justin Timberlake

"He is what every artist looks up to...to be... one time become the next King of Pop."

Backstreet Boys

"Michael I believed in you when you, were a little kid, I believe in you now and I'll never stop believing in you!"

Berry Gordy

"He taught us so much and it's such a blessing."

Beyonce

"When Michael Jackson sings it is with the voice of angels, and when his feet move, you can see God dancing."

Bob Geldof

"All this stuff about Michael being a weirdo — it's a pile of goddamn... I've recorded a whole lot of these pop-musicians and this guy's the straightest of the goddamn lot. "

Bruce Swedien

"I'd be proud to have that kid (Michael) as my son any day."

Bruce Swedien

"There isn’t an artist out now that hasn't been influenced or inspired by Michael Jackson. [He's] as close to perfection as an artist can be."

Chris Brown

"Michael is a genius, a creative being in a whole other reality..."

Chris Tucker

"Michael is magic and all magic people are somehow eccentric. Michael is one of the most lovable, kind and natural people I've ever known. I took him deeply to my heart. I would do everything for him and he would do everything for me."

Elizabeth Taylor

"He is a very smart cookie, Michael. He knows what he wants, he knows what he is doing. I have nothing but admiration. Also, he is a very kind person."

Elton John

"Ethics can be argued. You may think it's right. I may think it's wrong. The law is there to decide if it's allowed. Period. Yes. I would have bought the Beatles publishing rights if I had the opportunity."

Gene Simmons

"Everybody wants to be near Michael. Every celebrity wants to meet Michael. He's the King of Pop for a reason. He's a mystery."

Justin Timberlake

"Michael is a generous, honest, and sensitive human being, filled with amazing insight and the capacity for love. If this is weird, I want to go live on another planet."

Karen Faye

"He's a gifted dancer, singer, and performer. He's always had a wonderful spirit about him."

Kenny Rogers

"Michael Jackson is the King of Pop."

Lisa Marie Presley

"My feelings about Michael Jackson are simple: I think that he's a human being like everyone else and I'm a huge fan of him."

LL Cool J

"He's my biggest influence..."

Missy Elliott

"He may know something none of us really know. Let's just wait it out. You just never know. Let's just make a home for him."

Prince

"Michael is the wisest and at the same time most naive person I know."

Quincy Jones

"All that I know comes from Michael Jackson."

Ricky Martin

"There are two kinds of people in this world: Michael Jackson fans and losers."

Seth Green

"The thing about Michael is he's hands down one of the most professional, most talented performers I have ever worked with. All the brouhaha aside, when it comes down to it you can have 60 choreographed dancers up there and you know which one Michael is."

Slash

"Michael Jackson is still the king of pop. He has not abdicated the throne, nor has he been usurped."

Stephen Colbert

"Michael's a natural. He's a very hard worker and a super performer. But most of all he's a real human being."

Stevie Wonder

"But when I heard "I Want You Back"I was inspired. I wanted to sing like Michael, to be like Mike."

Usher

"You always just dream of meeting him, let alone working with him. I wouldn't have believed it."

Will.i.am

"We had him. Beautiful, delighting our eyes... He gave us all he had been given... We are missing Michael Jackson. But we do know, we had him — and we are the world."

Maya Angelou's Poem, "We Had Him" as read by Queen Latifah

"Wasn't nothing strange about your daddy. It was strange what your daddy had to deal with!"

Rev. Al Sharpton to Michael's children at his memorial

"He always wanted to just bring people together… And the concept came about holding hands, like uniting, making this long chain, people getting together…that connection as one. … "This life don’t last forever" (verse from song) ... you gotta make the best of it and leave something behind that people can really cherish."

Akon, on the unreleased song "Hold My Hand" (not a verifiable, published source)

"You're an angry dancer. There's rage in your feet."

Fred Astaire, after watching Jackson's performance at Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, Forever (25 March 1983)

"Oh, God! That boy moves in a very exceptional way. That’s the greatest dancer of the century”.

Fred Astaire

“I didn’t want to leave this world without knowing who my descendant was. Thank you Michael!”

Fred Astaire

Michael Jackson dedicated his 1988 autobiogaraphy 'Moonwalk' to Fred Astaire.
Fred Astaire (1899 –1987) – dancer

"Ever since I was born, Daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine. And I just want to say that I love him...so much."

Paris-Michael Katherine Jackson, Michael Jackson's memorial service (7 July 2009)

"Maybe now Michael, they will leave you alone."

Marlon Jackson, Michael Jackson memorial, Jul 7, 2009

"There was nothing strange about your daddy. It was strange what your daddy had to deal with, but he dealt with it."

Reverend Al Sharpton to Michael's children, Michael Jackson's memorial service (7 July 2009)

"He was a very caring guy who would go out of his way to help the sick. One night in London he wanted to see some homeless people. He sent them loads of pizzas in secret. The guy had a good heart."

Matt Fiddes, former Bodyguard

"This guy had the biggest heart of anybody and really really did care about improving the human condition, especially for children, and that was part of his mission. While he was on tour, he always wanted to know what he could do in each place, so that when he left, he left a place better, having been there … and how many people can you say that about?”

Kenny Ortega, producer, director, choreographer

"Now the King of Pop must bow his knee to the King of Kings."

Rev. Lucious Smith, Michael Jackson's memorial service (7 July 2009)

Last edited:
"Maybe I look at the world through rose colored glasses but I love people all over the world. That is why stories of racism realy disturb me."

"I just can't conceive of how a person could hate another because of skin color. I love every race on the planet earth. Prejudice is the child of ignorance.
Naked we come into the world and naked we shall go out. And a very good thing too,
for it reminds me that I am naked under my shirt, whatever it's color."

About interviews and magazines misquoting him:

"I say things and they turn it all around. Once I made a quote - I care about starvation and I love children and I want to do something about the future. And I said, one day I'd love to go to India and see the starving children and really see what it feels like. And they wrote that Michael Jackson gets a kick out of seeing children starve, so you can see what kind of person he is!"
Michael Jackson 1983.

I found this so cute for some reason :p

Last edited:
"I pray when I see something totally magnificent. How could you not see that and go “Wow, what a good God”?"

"What I don’t understand is just singing about sex and “I want to get in a hot tub with you baby and rub you all over” and, but I get battered in the press as the weirdo."

^ At first I literally laughed out loud imagining him saying the first part of the sentence of the second quote. While it's actually the sad, sad truth.

Keep em coming guys, I love this.

Edit to add:

What I do when I write is that i'll do a raggedy, rough version just to hear the chorus, just to see how much I like the chorus. If it works for me that way when it's raggedy, then I'll know it will just work... Listen to that, that's at home. Janet, Randy, Me... Janet and I are going "Whoo, Whoo... Whoo, Whoo..." I do that same process with every song. It's the melody, it's the melody that's most important, If the melody can sell me, then I'll go to the next step The idea is to transcribe from what's in your mentality onto tape If you take a song like "Billie Jean," Where the bass line is the prominent, dominant piece, the protagonist of the song, the main driving riff that you here, getting the character of the riff to be just the way you want it to be, that takes a lot of time. Listen, you're hearing four basses on there, doing four different personalities, and that's what gives it character, but it takes a lot of work.
~Michael Jackson listening to an early writing version of Billie Jean on his iPhone, Ebony Magazine December 2007.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, but it's one of my personal favourites.

“I love to read. I wish I could advise more people to read. There’s a whole new world in books. If you can’t afford to travel, you travel mentally through reading. You can see anything and go any place you want to in reading.”

I couldn't agree more.

“Friends, the foundation of all human knowledge, the beginning of human consciousness, must be that each and every one of us is an object of love. Before you know if you have red hair or brown, before you know if you are black or white, before you know of what religion you are a part, you have to know that you are loved”.

~ Michael Jackson ~

I :heart: this one cause even though It's sunny outside I'm here :blush:

DedicationMJquote_zps5e161821.jpg

The stories from the SOUL are the BEST, Michael :wub:

MJquote_zps0a904aec.jpg

It's the ONLY thing that should matter :D

smileMJquote_zps59a7a4c1.jpg

So intelligent, so shrewd and so beautiful.

Back