Favourite Star wars films/shows

Mister_Jay_Tee

Proud Member
Donations
$1.00
I hope the MJ biopic will contain fantastical or magical elements maybe in the form of dreams.

About Star Wars my favorite films are the 2nd and 3rd of the prequels, can’t remember the names right now. I knownthey are hated beyond belief but I don’t care 😜
Before you label me a lunatic I also greatly enjoyed the original trilogy, especially the 3rd one
Revenge of the Sith is widely considered the best of all time lol

Attack of the Clones not so much, but my child self loved it and I still think it's okay

Yeah, somebody make the Star Wars thread, it's time.

Oh my, how young all of you are...

I still remember pre-disney star wars era online, prequel hating was the norm.

How things have changed....

Also RIP this thread as it got hijacked.
Never been big into Star Wars really so my feelings for it are not riddled with hatred for this and that. I liked the original trilogy as a kid but I was more into Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chuck Norris and Jean Claude Van Damme at that time :p

If you watch the hype for phantom menace (fans reactions at the movie premier) it was actually really positive. It wasnt until later some people got on message boards/early internet to voice their opinions. I'll admit I am somewhat biased since I grew up on the prequels. The one thing I will give the sequels is that they made people appreciate the prequels more lol.

Last edited:
TFA is a fun watch but that's it.

Really enjoyed The Last Jedi, I disagree with the main complaints about it mostly.

I have weird nostalgia for The Phantom Menace and Revenge of The Sith but I do not think they're great movies (none of the prequels are all that good)

The original trilogy I obviously enjoy a lot.

I still remember pre-disney star wars era online, prequel hating was the norm.
Sir, I was here for all of dat. I got into the brand in the 2000s. I war with Star Wars fans daily, and their gaslighting into believing the Prequels are remarkable masterpieces (They're not)

The best prequel is 2D, and 3D Clone Wars. Revenge of the Sith certainly gets more love than Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

Oh wow, we got beamed up Scotty. Straight to the Star Wars thread.

In that case, watch Andor, watch Andor, watch Andor. Now. Everybody seen Andor?

I’ve only seen the movies. I hate tv series, they last too long and when unsuccessful know no conclusion because it gets cancelled. Frustrating stuff tv shows!

I’ve only seen the movies. I hate tv series, they last too long and when unsuccessful know no conclusion because it gets cancelled. Frustrating stuff tv shows!
None of that matters sir, Andor is worth all of your interest. Put away your skepticism and embrace what is essentially a perfect product. S2 will come soon and then it'll be over. It's the perfect counterpart to Rogue One.

Both have been headcanoned into making sense, but only one actually makes sense

It's not "I hate Sand"
At least the sand line isnt that important to the plot. Palpatine returning still makes no sense whatsoever. I understand they needed a villain since Ryan Johnson decided to kill off Snoke but bringing back the emperor was just lazy and the wrong choice for several reasons.
I would highly recommend The clone wars if you are into animation. Yes it did get cancelled when disney bought SW but they made another season. Really builds on the Prequels.

Palpatine returning still makes no sense whatsoever. I understand they needed a villain since Ryan Johnson decided to kill off Snoke but bringing back the emperor was just lazy and the wrong choice for several reasons.
It only makes no sense if you just don't like Sith being able to come back to life. But they are, and they have been forever. The plot is basically just Dark Empire Live Action, and I guess as someone who's always been fascinated by the story concept, it just doesn't bother me. He has clones and he survived without form.

The only way I ever saw this trilogy ending, ever since right after The Force Awakens, was Anakin coming back to vanquish Snoke and maintain the balance of the force. (Snoke was literally just a bigger, badder Emperor anyway, don't get me started.) We could've gotten a painful bitter fight between Rey and Kylo, like the original script, but it wouldn't have been better, just more, painful. The last Skywalker dying unrepentant is kinda horrible. Anyway.

The ending we got was basically a handful of paces away from all that, but ultimately the same, just with Rey empowered by Anakin, and Palpatine instead. Call me simple maybe, but at least I'm appeased and content. It kinda makes the most sense, even in it's laziness; it was the "right" choice, to me.

It only makes no sense if you just don't like Sith being able to come back to life. But they are, and they have been forever. The plot is basically just Dark Empire Live Action, and I guess as someone who's always been fascinated by the story concept, it just doesn't bother me. He has clones and he survived without form.

The only way I ever saw this trilogy ending, ever since right after The Force Awakens, was Anakin coming back to vanquish Snoke and maintain the balance of the force. (Snoke was literally just a bigger, badder Emperor anyway, don't get me started.) We could've gotten a painful bitter fight between Rey and Kylo, like the original script, but it wouldn't have been better, just more, painful. The last Skywalker dying unrepentant is kinda horrible. Anyway.

The ending we got was basically a handful of paces away from all that, but ultimately the same, just with Rey empowered by Anakin, and Palpatine instead. Call me simple maybe, but at least I'm appeased and content. It kinda makes the most sense, even in it's laziness; it was the "right" choice, to me.
I dont mind with sith coming back from the dead (Darth maul did in TCW which was done really well). My issue was that concept was mostly kept in legends which Disney themselves considers not canon anymore. I dont like palpatine coming back because it just undoes anakin's redemption in ROTJ (basically making the OT pointless). Oh you sacrificed yourself to kill the emperor and saved the galaxy? Brought balance to the force? Too bad, he survived somehow/cloned himself....

I still dont get the point of snoke. If JJ Abrams directed Last jedi I think he would of been explored more as the main villain in TFA & TLJ. I just would have preferred it if they would have kept him instead of reusing Palps. To me, his story ended on ROTJ.

Dont even get me started with Rey being a Palpatine lmao. That decision was also made last minute during filming. Rey was almost related to kenobi lol.

Last edited:
My issue was that concept was mostly kept in legends which Disney themselves considers not canon anymore.
That just means they aren't tied but they'll mine for inspiration. The first two sequels have lots of EU DNA in them, TROS simply has the most.

Oh you sacrificed yourself to kill the emperor and saved the galaxy?
He sacrificed himself to save Luke, really he gave his life to safeguard Luke's. That was a big progression compared to how things went with Padme. Anakin's personal arc is still well preserved, even if the wider repurcussions feel minimized. In the same way Mauls survival took the sails out of Kenobi being the first guy to  kill defeat a Sith in 1,000 years. Besides, what even is permanent balance and eternal peace in the franchise "Star Wars"? Peace was never an option. He should have killed the Emperor in 3.

Dont even get me started with Rey being a Palpatine lmao. That decision was also made last minute during filming. Rey was almost related to kenobi lol.
You won't exactly hear me argue with this. Some people theorized her being a Palpatine though. Really the whole arc of Rey being "somebody" was silly anyway. It was always going to be an attempt to recreate "I am your father". Her identity should never have been a mystery. But I'm personally glad there is no Kenobi offspring, and I don't really care about the Palpatine choice. I kinda wanted her to be a Jinn lol. Rey Nobody I guess was the best choice, but then why all the drama? Again, just not something to worry about. Finn is the nobody now. So's Jannah lol.

Pretty sure the entire plot for The Rise Of Skywalker was posted as a fanfic somewhere on reddit 😄. A cynical, awful film that tries to keep your mind away from thinking about the plot by having stuff move on very quickly and something different happen every 5 seconds. I was so disappointed that The Last Jedi ending left it feeling like anything could happen next just to get this creatively bankrupt mess of a movie. Truly shows the lack of creativity of those involved when it comes to thinking up a plot.

Rey being a nobody was perfect and was the entire point in TLJ and they changed it to something worse for literally no reason. Kylo was clearly set up to be the big bad in the next film at the end of TLJ then they just totally forgot about that, probably because they wanted it to be like Vader and have him redeem himself. (Not everything needs to be like it was in the OT, for the love of god).

Rant over, lol.

You won't exactly hear me argue with this. Some people theorized her being a Palpatine though. Really the whole arc of Rey being "somebody" was silly anyway. It was always going to be an attempt to recreate "I am your father". Her identity should never have been a mystery. But I'm personally glad there is no Kenobi offspring, and I don't really care about the Palpatine choice. I kinda wanted her to be a Jinn lol. Rey Nobody I guess was the best choice, but then why all the drama? Again, just not something to worry about. Finn is the nobody now. So's Jannah lol.
Yeah I could kind of buy a Jinn. Palps connection seemed odd to me. Finn got the shortest end of the stick in this trilogy also. TFA set him up as a possible force user only for that to be retconned in TLJ. His character took a back seat for sure. His character was probably the most interesting to me at first. Former storm trooper has regrets, quits and possibly has the force? Explore that. Instead hes a nobody by the end lol. I think JJ Abrams should have directed all 3. That way it wouldnt feel so disjointed. Say what you want about the prequels but they at least feel cohesive.

Tales of the Jedi was great also. Seeing a young Dooku and Qui Gon was interesting. Especially seeing his turn. I know technically it retcons yaddles death in previous canon but I dont mind. This feels better imo. Dooku had reasons for doubting the jedi order. Sidious exploited those fears. I only wish it was longer.

Ahsoka series should be interesting though. Rumors of Hayden returning again (clone wars flashbacks!?). Can't wait.

I would highly recommend The clone wars if you are into animation. Yes it did get cancelled when disney bought SW but they made another season. Really builds on the Prequels.
I watched 1,5 seasons and while it was ok it already became too formulaic and boring (to me) so I called it a day.

The original trilogy was an awesome mix of adventure, screwball comedy and science fiction. The prequels could be interesting with the politics and Anakin's transformation but it was boring because of too much cgi, no humour and bad actors/dialogue: maybe squeezing the three movies into one could save some of it..

The sequels.. couldn't watch it so bad. I only liked the trailer for TFA tbh

I would love to see the classic Star Wars movies more often. I guess I liked Part I ”The Phantom Menace”, I always find the whole pod racers scene really kick @$$. I never seen any Star Wars series at all due to my boycotting Disney+.

Back