Film-Release from Goldstein-Family: Our vacation with Michael Jackson

I just hope they have no editing to make this film show Michael as inhuman, insert that creepy music, or the voice overs talking in a doomsday voice. I hope the family placed in their contract the stipulation that they wanted to see the final editing so that the integrity of their holiday is not compromised to suit a tabloid agenda. I remember what happened to Michael with the Bashir piece and the editing. The family must have received a hefty amount for this footage.

Question: Does the Goldstein family have to ask McCauly's permission to have him in a film?

I just hope they have no editing to make this film show Michael as inhuman, insert that creepy music, or the voice overs talking in a doomsday voice. I hope the family placed in their contract the stipulation that they wanted to see the final editing so that the integrity of their holiday is not compromised to suit a tabloid agenda. I remember what happened to Michael with the Bashir piece and the editing. The family must have received a hefty amount for this footage.

Question: Does the Goldstein family have to ask McCauly's permission to have him in a film?
yes, I'm with you on this. you know it's really sad that we all have to feel nervous on this film being shown of michael. It's just everything that happened with bashir and what's still happening today regarding michael. we just cant trust anyone, anymore. and for me it's such a nerve wrecking feeling and stressful to always be guarded like this everytime something good may happen regarding michael.

and to be clear, i don't mean to speak for everyone. I know everyone does not feel this way.

Last edited:
^^I get you. It is like waw some footage of Michael being happy, I want to see that. However, are they going to twist that happiness? I think that is why some of us are cautious.

I like the way the family talked about how he wanted to have this experience because he did not have a childhood. What I found significant was the timing of this holiday. Michael had just made some over the top deals, so I am thinking at that point he looked at his career, felt secure about his future success and felt it was time to sit back and mend the great loss he had. This must have seem to him to be the best time to have this holiday to get back his childhood. Then up comes some criminals to shake him down and spoil everything.

^^I get you. It is like waw some footage of Michael being happy, I want to see that. However, are they going to twist that happiness? I think that is why some of us are cautious.

I like the way the family talked about how he wanted to have this experience because he did not have a childhood. What I found significant was the timing of this holiday. Michael had just made some over the top deals, so I am thinking at that point he looked at his career, felt secure about his future success and felt it was time to sit back and mend the great loss he had. This must have seem to him to be the best time to have this holiday to get back his childhood. Then up comes some criminals to shake him down and spoil everything.
yes, exactly.

shirley-temple.gif

Michael looked HOT all the time over the years! :in_love:

Last edited:
10285814_663832037018526_6331696486021985358_o.jpg

Alan Goldstein taught chemistry and his wife, Lynn Goldstein, taught biology at Laurel High School in the 1970s. Alan Goldstein had a few memorable incidents at Laurel High, and a great story about a surreal vacation his family experienced with superstar Michael Jackson. He recalled some of these memories in a phone interview from his home in Las Vegas, where he and his wife live in retirement.

Goldstein laughed as he described the day some students came to school early to work on a project. "It's funny now, but it wasn't then," he said. When Goldstein arrived, they proudly showed him what they had created in the school's lab. A small beaker contained a dried compound that sparked and popped when disturbed. As Goldstein probed further, he discovered the beaker contained just a small sample of the compound the students had made. He quickly realized that they had unknowingly made enough to blow up the classroom. Responding to a 911 call, the Laurel Volunteer Fire Department evacuated the whole school and hosed down the entire chemistry classroom and lab, rendering the compound inert. It was only explosive when dry. "It was a little overkill," recalled Goldstein. The other incident he recalled was much more serious. As Goldstein retrieved a container of sulfuric acid from the secure storage, he heard a "clink" and wondered what it was.

"I'm pretty sure the glass container had a crack or something," he says now. The result was the acid spilled onto the leg of his trousers and quickly melted through the fabric. By the time the Laurel Volunteer Rescue Squad arrived at the school, Goldstein's leg was severely burned by the acid. He was flown by helicopter to the hospital and required a three-month convalescence. Although his leg healed and he continued to run and play soccer, "I'll never win any best looking leg contests," he said.

Goldstein was also the head soccer coach and the assistant coach of Laurel's premier wrestling program, under head coach Beryl Cohen. Laurel won multiple state wrestling championships during the decade, and Cohen was later inducted into the National Wrestling Hall of Fame.

In 1978, Goldstein left Laurel High School for Oakland Mills High School in Columbia, while Lynn Goldstein stayed at Laurel. It was at Oakland Mills that Goldstein saw the most success as a coach, winning four state soccer championships and being named the East Coast Soccer Coach of the Year.

'Off the wall' vacation
After eight years at Oakland Mills, both Alan and Lynn Goldstein had an opportunity to switch careers and sell time-shares for Marriott Corp., so the family relocated to Orlando. It was while they lived in Orlando that the family had what Alan Goldstein described as a "surreal" experience: Going on vacation with the "King of Pop," Michael Jackson.

In 1991, the couple's son, Brock, was 10 years old and had done some acting in commercials and small roles in films. He had met Macaulay Culkin, who was also 10, and they had become buddies. The Goldsteins were planning a family vacation to Bermuda, and Brock asked if "Mac" could come along. This was soon after "Home Alone" was released and Culkin had become a big star.

The Washington Post chronicled the vacation in a 2005 story. The Post tracked the Goldsteins down when Culkin testified about the vacation as a defense witness in Jackson's child molestation trial. In the phone interview, the Goldsteins confirmed that the Post article was accurate.

After the Goldsteins and Culkin's parents agreed he could go, Alan and Lynn Goldstein overheard their son on the phone talking to Culkin about the trip. According to the Post, they heard him say "something to the effect of yeah, sure, bring him along." "Him" turned out to be Culkin's friend, 32-year-old Michael Jackson.

The Goldsteins and Culkin had been in Bermuda for two days when Jackson arrived, alone. When they asked him why he wanted to come along, Goldstein said that Jackson replied, "I just need a break. Do you mind?"
Jackson had the group moved to suites in another, more expensive hotel and the entertainer paid for the entire vacation. In the Post article, Goldstein recalled, "He'd brought this huge trunk. It looked like he'd raided a Toys R Us. He's got water guns, race cars, chewing gum that made your mouth turn black, snaps-and-pops… ." Jackson's presence changed everything. Stores, malls, pools, restaurants and anywhere else the group wanted to go were opened after-hours for Jackson and the Goldsteins.

ph-ll-history-goldstein-jpg-20130731.jpg

0_94171_bb68b0f9_L

lkli.jpg

Their vacation became a closed, after-hours excursion, but the family had a ball. Brock, who was 24 at the time of the Post article, remembered the "once-in-a-lifetime excitement of his favorite music star suddenly becoming a playmate." Alan Goldstein told the Post, "We were talking one day about how it might be fun to try diving and the next thing you know, we've got a dive boat to ourselves with some dive masters to teach us." Arrangements were made for the group to watch a variety show at a resort at 1 a.m. Jackson, Culkin and the Goldsteins were the only people in the audience. "There was a Michael Jackson impersonator, which was a little awkward, but Michael was fine with it," Alan Goldstein told the Post.

The Goldsteins were questioned by investigators from the Los Angeles Police Department in 1993 when abuse allegations were first made against Jackson. It was a short conversation. Lynn Goldstein told the Post, "They said, 'We have a victim, we believe him, and we're going to get [Jackson]. He fits the profile.' I didn't like that. I wanted to know what evidence they had." Lynn Goldstein was adamant about their vacation and told the investigators that "nothing improper ever happened, the kids slept in their own room in the Goldstein suite on a separate floor from Jackson's, and Jackson never once tried to get the guys alone."

As exciting as it was, their experience with Michael Jackson, who died in 2009, was an eye-opener for the Goldsteins. As Brock Goldstein told the Post about two, 10-year-old boys playing with Jackson, "He was like one of us. It makes perfect sense to me because he never had a childhood. Obviously he's not normal. He had a twisted upbringing."

Alan Goldstein eventually rose to become Marriott's national director of sales operations for time-shares, and Lynn Goldstein went on to work for Hilton Hotels, and kept her hand in teaching with real estate instruction. In 2004, Marriott sent Alan Goldstein to Las Vegas to run the sales operations for a new resort. He retired in 2008.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...20130801,0,5755352.story?page=2#ixzz33YAEvlyL

So how big is the chance that this IS something sensational focused and full of bullshit? You just never know nowadays with documentaries.

I REALLY couldn't see the Goldbergs letting their home movies being turned into tabloid fodder when they have always been so protective of Michael and defensive of his innocence. They wouldn't just turn the home movies over to anybody

I REALLY couldn't see the Goldbergs letting their home movies being turned into tabloid fodder when they have always been so protective of Michael and defensive of his innocence. They wouldn't just turn the home movies over to anybody

We will see. It all depends on whether they stipulated in a contract about the footage and that they have to see the edited version of whatever is produced before this thing is released. We can only hope for the best. Sometimes people sell things and some editor/production manager calls the shots about what to do. I don't even know what the format will be.

:pray: I am so greatful that little pieces and glimpses of Michael are being shared with the world ! He left his soul in everything he did and created ! It feels like a whole new part of him I never knew and this makes me feel even more closer to him !
He was a genius at leaving them wanting more..:heart:
I want more of him I never saw forever :pray:

:pray: I am so greatful that little pieces and glimpses of Michael are being shared with the world ! He left his soul in everything he did and created ! It feels like a whole new part of him I never knew and this makes me feel even more closer to him !
He was a genius at leaving them wanting more..:heart:
I want more of him I never saw forever :pray:

Your gif signature took my breath away

Yes, I remember those days...when casual videos of some of Michael's escapades would somehow land up with the international news media...he was in the news all the time in those days, ALL THE TIME(!!), and his appearances here and there would be aired on TV channels across the world...India loved him then, loves him now, and will love him forever...
He's looking so beautiful, innocent and happy in those pictures...the sweetest, naughtiest, most magical smile in the world :)

yes, I'm with you on this. you know it's really sad that we all have to feel nervous on this film being shown of michael. It's just everything that happened with bashir and what's still happening today regarding michael. we just cant trust anyone, anymore. and for me it's such a nerve wrecking feeling and stressful to always be guarded like this everytime something good may happen regarding michael.

and to be clear, i don't mean to speak for everyone. I know everyone does not feel this way.

I agree with both of you my feel too.

Petrarose- Question: Does the Goldstein family have to ask McCauly's permission to have him in a film?

I think it would be nice for the Goldstein to ask McCauly cover all bases.

Im not sure how I feel about this but I am intrigued to know why more people aren't jumping up and down over Michaels privacy or Michael being sold out like some people were saying in the bodyguard book thread, I can't see how this is different.

It'd be so priceless to watch Michael openly being himself with no shame whatsoever. I love watching that kind of footage because it gives us a glimpse how Michael Jackson, the human being was. :girl_aww:

That how i like it too Michael being Michael and enjoy himself

Last edited:
I just loved these pics. Michael's skin on his hands then were still very brown. Beautiful, beautiful man

For those interested... I just today received an update on this project. It's been so long ago that I emailed them about it - I forgot all about it. LOL! Here is the latest email I received from them today regarding this project:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please excuse the delay in getting back to you. The Michael Jackson
documentary is a work in progress. Currently, we have a multiple shows in
the pipeline and some of them are ahead of the MJ doc.

We are still doing research and are looking for additional financing for the
MJ doc. There is a lot of heat on this great story though and it is now
being considered to be made into a movie too.

You can keep up with developments on the website in the future.

Thank you for your interest,

Steve Wilburn
Windy City Images

What are the odds that this project gets blocked like everything else by the estate?

Back