Film-Release from Goldstein-Family: Our vacation with Michael Jackson

hmmm. Again another project that the producers boast will be coming out and then we hear silence. Now they are researching? I thought this was about a vacation, so now they are interviewing people so it will be like all the usual documentaries where people voice their opinions and analysis about Michael? It is just like the photoshoot doc. At first it sounded like a piece centered on the photoshoot and then later in the write up you see there are people talking about Michael. Maybe they are going to find all the people who were connected to the vacation and ask them to comment. If it is going to be a movie what could the story line be?

Im not sure how I feel about this but I am intrigued to know why more people aren't jumping up and down over Michaels privacy or Michael being sold out like some people were saying in the bodyguard book thread, I can't see how this is different.

It isn't different, in my honest opinion.

Yeah its kinda the same sort of thing but imo isnt exactly the same .as the b.g's worked for mj in a professional setting they have a moral and ethical code as apart of their profession to keep what they saw and heard to themselves. to me as someone who has worked in security ablit at a low level and has collegues who worked as b.g's for big celebs what they have done is far more immoral than this family

I guess ^^one of the differences is that one group was paid to work and be quiet while the other group was not paid for their services. They just hung out with Michael, although I am sure Michael shared some of the costs of entertainment, travel, meals, plus the big reward of being with the KOP and getting public attention. Due to this one group is seen more unethical than the other.

So, Mike's privacy is up for grabs if the people he shared private time with wasn't paid to "be quiet"? Sounds like splitting hairs to me, really. Every facet of his life wasn't up for public consumption nor should it be because he's dead.

The question all of them should ask themselves (before they sell their private time with Mike) is "Would I sell our time together if he was ALIVE". If they say NO, then they're foul (to say the least).

So, Mike's privacy is up for grabs if the people he shared private time with wasn't paid to "be quiet"? Sounds like splitting hairs to me, really. Every facet of his life wasn't up for public consumption nor should it be because he's dead.

The question all of them should ask themselves (before they sell their private time with Mike) is "Would I sell our time together if he was ALIVE". If they say NO, then they're foul (to say the least).

You make a excellent point here that is the question their need to ask themselves if Michael was alive would you sell this

I can't wait to see what become of this.

Last edited:
hmmm. Again another project that the producers boast will be coming out and then we hear silence. Now they are researching? I thought this was about a vacation, so now they are interviewing people so it will be like all the usual documentaries where people voice their opinions and analysis about Michael? It is just like the photoshoot doc. At first it sounded like a piece centered on the photoshoot and then later in the write up you see there are people talking about Michael. Maybe they are going to find all the people who were connected to the vacation and ask them to comment. If it is going to be a movie what could the story line be?

Agree just to get us going thinking we are going to see their vacations with Michael

Did anyone read Kit Culkin's book "Lost Boy"? It was free online to download PDF at one time but I don't know about now.. Kit is Macauley Culkin's Father, and he has negative things to say and has suspicions regarding this Bermuda trip and then the trip to Orlando. Vacation video is great but if other things are added, it may not be so great.

Joyce;4045380 said:
Did anyone read Kit Culkin's book "Lost Boy"? It was free online to download PDF at one time but I don't know about now.. Kit is Macauley Culkin's Father, and he has negative things to say and has suspicions regarding this Bermuda trip and then the trip to Orlando. Vacation video is great but if other things are added, it may not be so great.

I did not read the full book but from the extracts I read he made it clear he did not think MJ was a pedophile and he also made it clear that he never molested Mac, so I don't know what "suspicions" you talk about.

These are from that book:

“I have heard it reported that Michael always wanted to play only with boys (just as boys usually only want to play with other boys, I suppose), but I never noticed this to be true. My six year old daughter Quinn (who, as her name would imply, was my fifth child) was always included in the activities that Michael would often plan, and was always made to feel as though she was a part of the gang. As I say, Michael always treated my kids quite equally.”

“I should here say that Michael ever seemed to genuinely like all of my kids (as they him), and quite equally so, I noticed, for I never found him in his visits or ours to be exclusionary or one to play favorites (holding one or some in higher esteem than the others; this sort of things). Indeed, he seemed ever to treat with them all quite democratically and as though they were all of them (himself included) brothers and sisters of equal standing.”

“Michael’s bedroom (an enormous room with alcoves and dressing rooms and a fireplace and French doors leading out to a private garden, as well as a stairway leading to the entire upstairs) was almost always an open place to hang out in, as was most all of the rest of the house. My children would sit on the bed, as would I, to play cards or checkers, or watch television or whatever, but then we would do so most everywhere else also. They might of occasion fall asleep there, just as they might of occasion fall asleep most anywhere else, and at most any daylight hour. While they had a bedtime, I rarely enforced it, as they were, after all, at Neverland to play; and as is most always the case with children (as any parent will tell you), they never enforced it themselves, thinking that they should get some rest so as to be better rested to play again the coming day. Children don’t worry about “the coming day”. Therefore, I was constantly and most usually after suppertime, having to round them up and often carry them (sometimes by golf cart) to their accommodations. They’d fall asleep watching a movie at the movie theatre or playing with the toy trains in the toy trains room, and there was one occasion, I well remember, when one of them was actually found asleep on the carousel!”

“First of all, I never saw or heard anything at all during my early days of knowing Michael to suggest that he was a pedophile. I would note that a busload or two of kids might arrive at the estate of an afternoon and be taken straight to the amusement park or the movie theatre, and then just as swiftly be bused back off the grounds. In fact, I believe that there was an entire office in an adjacent building and an entire staff that was responsible for overseeing these visits; and I noted also that on no occasion at all did any of these children ever get asked to the house for any reason whatsoever. These were all strictly well-planned and well-supervised excursions, and the people who made them up quite apart from the people (such as those of my own family) who were actual guests. And while we’re on the subject of guests, this list was hardly confined to children. Indeed, adults roamed most everywhere, many of them from the world of government, including (just for instance) former President and neighbor Ronald Reagan, together with “Just-Say-No” Nancy, as well as Secretary of Defense William Cohen and not a few others that I’ve since forgotten; none of whom certainly gave one the feeling that the estate was (goodness knows) a den of pedophilia."

I did not read the full book but from the extracts I read he made it clear he did not think MJ was a pedophile and he also made it clear that he never molested Mac, so I don't know what "suspicions" you talk about.

These are from that book:

These positive statements were made, and I love watching the Home Videos with MJ being MJ the person too. I was referring to two things Kit C. said. One was that nothing was questionable (not a quote) until Mac told him that he and MJ were going to LA to MJs apartment and for some reason that raised an eyebrow with Kit C. so he said alright, "we" can go. He didn't know about this apartment nor was he invited so he invited himself. He didn't like the idea of MJ and Mac going there alone. (personally, I didn't think anything about this but I wish Kit C had not brought it up as something odd or strange because it was not)

The other thing was Mac was Invited to go to Bermuda with his friend Brock. MJ asked Mac to ask if he could also go. The Goldstein's said yes. Kit C was assured by the Godsteins's that they would watch Mac for the entire vacation. Come to find out, MJ and Mac left Bermuda and left Brock and his family there. I think they traveled back to Orlando. Kit C was unaware of this and made a comment that ---

**MJ achieved in Bermuda what he was not able to achieve in LA which was to be alone with his son.
^^^^
This is what I found to be unnecessary in the book when KC had already said the positive things about MJ and hopefully this hint of suspicion will not be in this book. Maybe no one else objects to KC''s statement. I just didn't like it..

Joyce I am not following the above clearly^^. Are you saying he wrote both the positive and negative comments in the book? If this is true, was he getting jealous of his son liking another male? I always felt that Chandler's dad was getting jealous of his son liking another male dad figure, and such men become resentful that the son would like the other person more than them. (Women do the same thing too.) Of course with the P situation people will tie all this up to being suspicious of P.

Joyce I am not following the above clearly^^. Are you saying he wrote both the positive and negative comments in the book? If this is true, was he getting jealous of his son liking another male? I always felt that Chandler's dad was getting jealous of his son liking another male dad figure, and such men become resentful that the son would like the other person more than them. (Women do the same thing too.) Of course with the P situation people will tie all this up to being suspicious of P.
---------------------------------

Yes, both positive and negative.

Re:LA starting at approximately pg 44-45:

So the three of us drove down to Los Angeles together. Michael the Host, MaCauley the Invited Guest and Me the Uninvited Guest.

The joint was empty........."you mean that just the two of you were planning on staying here?"

To tell the truth, both the place and the situation gave me something of the spooks.

Everything, you see, is perfect in Neverland (all is copacetic: all are well, all are happy). There's only one hitch: You can't leave.

Apprximately Pg. 73:

According to what came out at the trial, Michael and MaCauley had checked out of their quarters in Bermuda, and into another suite or another hotel, entirely leaving his little friend Brock and his family behind. In other words, in doing so, Michael achieved with MaCauley that which I had apparently cheated him out of on that rather eerie and creepy day in Los Angeles that I have previously described in some length in "Lost Boy", when I had accompaneied them both as the Uninvited Guest.

He achieved being alone with him!!

Last edited:
I think maybe Kit C made the change (a post script) after or during the 2005 trial started and his son, MaCauley, was going to testify. Either he didn't know what MaCauley was going to say or he began to doubt/question MJs intention.

I agree Kit's suspicions were uncalled for, I mean, Mac or his siblings never expressed fear, distrust, dislike or disgust being around Michael. At least Mac put those disgusting rumors to rest and have defended his friend every time reporters try to imply to him their friendship was inappropriate. Thanks for pointing that out Joyce.

^ Actually that story is totally different in Mac's testimony. They went to Orlando because that's where the Goldstein family were from - so they went with them, not leaving them behind in Bermuda:

27 Q. Where did you travel to?

28 A. We took a trip, I was going with some family 9825

1 friends. We were going to Bermuda, and I said,

2 “We’re going.” And he said, “Is it all right if I

3 tag along?” And I said, “Yes.” So we did that.

4 After that, we ended up in -- we decided to

5 fly back to Orlando, because the family friends that

6 I was traveling with, that’s where they were from.

7 So we went there, went to Disney World for a day or

8 two, and ended up flying back with my family.

9 And I’ve also -- he was doing a charity

10 event a couple years back in Washington D.C., and so

11 I -- I hitched a ride with him on his plane back to

12 New York.

Also, about the hotel change it Bermuda, it was never said in the testimony whether it was the whole bunch including the Goldsteins that changed hotel or just MJ and Mac, so I'm not sure where Kit took that from (probably from some twisted media interpretation of Mac's testimony):

23 Q. In Bermuda, did you change hotels because of

24 Mr. Jackson’s arrival?

25 A. I don’t remember, but probably, because we

26 were staying in a larger hotel with -- I think it

27 was just a larger hotel, kind of beyond the means of

28 what we were kind of expecting to stay in. 9839

That's all that was said about the hotel change.

Last edited:
Definitely two different stories, and MaCauley was telling the truth.

^^Well maybe you should make of note of what Respect wrote so that when you give that information about what Kit said you could include it, so the reader get's the true picture.

The thing is that that family also had a lot of issues going on as well, which is typical of a lot of the families Michael encountered.

I agree with you that this vacation footage is exactly like the promise of the photoshoot film. We're all pleased at first, because we'll get to see Michael being productive and actually happy-but then it changes.
Personally, I don't want any of these to see the light of day unless the Estate has full and total control over what is released. I want the Estate to be overly protective and this is why:
Film can be twisted and manipulated in the Editing room to convey whatever ulterior motive they want to get across and will make the most profit. The obvious example with twisting things of course, is the Bashir doc.
But another not so well known one is the one I saw a few years ago where Michael "christened" his new home, Hayvenhurst and had it filmed with his personal videographer. The footage is actually charming and delightful-this is Michael's own new home, his own castle that he envisoned and created. He dresses up in a gorgeous Prince Charming jacket and his guests are Disney's Snow White herself and the 7 Dwarves to participate in the ceremony.
This would have been a dream come true for a romantic person like me. It's truly lovely-and they all make wishes in his fountain (a replica of Snow's own wishing well)

Yet, when I saw it in this doc they had added creepy music-the videographer was making disgusting innuendos about the whole thing-implying also that the Disney characters thought Michael was more or less 'off his rocker'. I just couldn't believe how easily something like that could be sullied-something so pretty, romantic and innocent. It just broke my heart-again.

So no more-not without Estate TOTAL CONTROL.

Last edited:
^This is so typical where almost everything can be twisted to suit people's agendas. It is quite sick really.

I agree with you that this vacation footage is exactly like the promise of the photoshoot film. We're all pleased at first, because we'll get to see Michael being productive and actually happy-but then it changes.
Personally, I don't want any of these to see the light of day unless the Estate has full and total control over what is released. I want the Estate to be overly protective and this is why:
Film can be twisted and manipulated in the Editing room to convey whatever ulterior motive they want to get across and will make the most profit. The obvious example with twisting things of course, is the Bashir doc.
But another not so well known one is the one I saw a few years ago where Michael "christened" his new home, Hayvenhurst and had it filmed with his personal videographer. The footage is actually charming and delightful-this is Michael's own new home, his own castle that he envisoned and created. He dresses up in a gorgeous Prince Charming jacket and his guests are Disney's Snow White herself and the 7 Dwarves to participate in the ceremony.
This would have been a dream come true for a romantic person like me. It's truly lovely-and they all make wishes in his fountain (a replica of Snow's own wishing well)

Yet, when I saw it in this doc they had added creepy music-the videographer was making disgusting innuendos about the whole thing-implying also that the Disney characters thought Michael was more or less 'off his rocker'. I just couldn't believe how easily something like that could be sullied-something so pretty, romantic and innocent. It just broke my heart-again.

So no more-not without Estate TOTAL CONTROL.

Yes, I agree with that. I have seen fans cursing out the Estate for blocking documentaries like the Last Photo Shoot or maybe this one, but they need to understand that if the Estate is not in control people may harm MJ's image more than they do good to it. Michael gave full control to Bashir over LWMJ and look how that turned out. These people may be well intentioned and the doc may turn out to be all nice and innocent, but as we have seen over and over again with people a monetary temptation by a tabloid or a TV channel is enough to embellish some things or to make innuendo to present MJ in whatever light a TV channel wants him to present. That's why the Estate needs to be on alert and in control.

I would love a movie of this trip, the photo's and video footage from this vacation that is already available looks absolutely wonderful! i just hope when it does happen.. it will be feature length and won't be flooded out by interviews, i want it mostly featuring footage of Michael! would be nice if it was an estate project though.. something like ''Michael: Around The World'' i would prefer that over just one vacation!

I understand that the Estate must police what is released but it bugs me that they can block what appear to be positive releases but tabloid trash like the autopsy program get in air. I know they would have gone out of their way to stop that vile rubbish airing but it would be great to see more "pro-Michael" projects on TV to give some balance.

^^I guess that another reason why they block certain things is related to who controls the image/intellectual property, etc., & if the holder of the objects has permission to use it for commercial purposes. Anyway they did not give much detail about the problem. I wish these people will first get an idea, go through all the legal/business details first, get their backing, and then tell people it is going to happen. There have been so many of these projects where they first let the public know as though it was a done deal, and then "oops" the project does not materialize because they forgot to dot their "i's" and cross their "t's."

I'm really excited to see this. :)

I'm conflicted though. I do have a problem with it. I think it's very wrong to make money off MJ in such a way. He opened up to those people, treating them as friends and now that he's passed away they figure they can make money from the footage they kept. Don't tell me this film's main purpose is to show people how great a person he was. I mean, I do assume they will portray him in a positive light but it doesn't change the fact that the main motivation is money.

Now if all the money was given to charity while still portraying MJ as the great person that he was, I'd be cool with that.

But heck, I'll watch it anyway regardless because I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff. I wish I'd practice what I preach but I'm just too big of a fan to miss something like that, lol.

I'm really excited to see this. :)

I'm conflicted though. I do have a problem with it. I think it's very wrong to make money off MJ in such a way. He opened up to those people, treating them as friends and now that he's passed away they figure they can make money from the footage they kept. Don't tell me this film's main purpose is to show people how great a person he was. I mean, I do assume they will portray him in a positive light but it doesn't change the fact that the main motivation is money.

Now if all the money was given to charity while still portraying MJ as the great person that he was, I'd be cool with that.

But heck, I'll watch it anyway regardless because I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff. I wish I'd practice what I preach but I'm just too big of a fan to miss something like that, lol.

I love your post i agree too if they give all of the money to charity that would be great. They have the best memories of all and that was being with Michael Jackson and that will last them a lifetime.

I would mostly likely watch it too.

Hopefully this is done tastefully and not another way to exploit. But this does sound like it could be awesome! I love getting glimpses into the REAL Michael. I can't wait til this comes out :)

I'm not going to get on the road on (right vs wrong) on this but ANY and EVERY release that has to do with Michael will have monetary gains.. That being said, anyone that releases anything can be subject to redicoul. (Books, footage, music,,,, anything,) it's too slippery of a Slope an unfair position to be in.. On no way am I saying this is right wrong but I'll say I'd def watch it!! Lol

Back